As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] SEVERE STOMACH PAIN!?

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So Christmas Eve our power went out. When it came back up our internet was down. On the 26th or 27th we called Verizon to let them know we didn't have internet and find out if we could get it up and going again. A day later it was back. So now it has been 2 or 3 days since our internet has come back, and I don't have any desire to play WoW. It is kind of strange.

Seg on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nah, I'm getting in fine. It was a rolling restart week, anyway.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nah man, I go to worldofwarcraft.com and get nothing, even. I was playing fine, then disconnected, and now I get nothing.

And nobody else sees this?

EDIT: tracert results
    Tracing route to worldofwarcraft.com [12.129.242.22]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2    47 ms    47 ms    47 ms  lo-100.erx03.tor.packetflow.ca [206.248.154.101]
      3    48 ms    47 ms    47 ms  2110.ae0.bdr01.tor.packetflow.ca [69.196.136.33]
      4    48 ms    46 ms    46 ms  69.90.140.253
      5    47 ms    57 ms    47 ms  10ge.xe-0-0-0.tor-1yg-cor-1.peer1.net [216.187.114.133]
      6    57 ms    60 ms    57 ms  oc48-po5-0.chi-eqx-dis-1.peer1.net [216.187.114.141]
      7    57 ms    58 ms    57 ms  12.119.137.69
      8     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      9     *        *        *     Request timed out.
     10     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    dylmandylman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    and I don't have any desire to play WoW. It is kind of strange.

This has been happening to me as well recently. Sometimes the feeling lasts several hours. It is quite disturbing...

dylman on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    dylman wrote: »

This has been happening to me as well recently. Sometimes the feeling lasts several hours. It is quite disturbing...

I would probably go cancel my account for awhile, but my wife plays and eventually she will talk me into logging in and playing for a few hours.

Seg on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    dylman wrote: »

I would probably go cancel my account for awhile, but my wife plays and eventually she will talk me into logging in and playing for a few hours.

I'm at the point now where my primary concern is showingup 1-2 nights a week for raids, and every now and then running alts (i.e., levelling up a friends' main in the process). Also given the holidays there are plenty of shiny new games to play, and since endgame is much less involved than it was before (and I ran the shit out of heroics like a week out of launch), I don't have much to do in-game. At least not until dual-specs kick in and I can quest freely.

So yeah, I hear you.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I've really got alt fever right now, kinda sick of running heroics with my main, but on the other hand DK is really starting to get boring and I really really don't want to level through all the shitty starting areas with something else.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    i am loving alts right now
    i sent heirloom plate shoulders to my war, lvl'd 38-40
    sent those shoulders to my pally
    got 12-14
    sent them ack to my war and i will repeat this process as long as possible

now, i'm just doing heroics for emblems to buy more heirlooms for other alts

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah heirloom items will make leveling alts a lot more fun.

But I only run a few heroics a week, so all my emblems go straight to personal gear.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

But I only run a few heroics a week, so all my emblems go straight to personal gear.

Er... what are heirloom items? o_O

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Items that bind to your account that you can pass back and forth.

They level up as your characters do.

You can buy them with stone shards or badges.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Stone shard items are all pvp bullshit though. The emblem versions are where it is at.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited December 2008
    Does the triple XP from refer a friend work in Outland now?

Echo on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Stone shard items are all pvp bullshit though. The emblem versions are where it is at.

The 200 shard shoulder armor is pretty sweet, with that 10% bonus to xp.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »

The 200 shard shoulder armor is pretty sweet, with that 10% bonus to xp.
    Well the emblem version has that too, but since shards are (unless you're horde on a 2.3:1 alliance server like me) much easier to get, that's a useful alternative when you've got a huge amount of them.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    bowen wrote: »

Items that bind to your account that you can pass back and forth.

They level up as your characters do.

You can buy them with stone shards or badges.

I honestly don't like the amount of badges each item costs. 40 badges for a weapon and another 40 for some shoulders. I would really like to get the staff though and level a warlock and shadowpriest.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Does the triple XP from refer a friend work in Outland now?

If it does I'm going to shoot myself in the face.

And no.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well, you gotta think about it. The heirloom items are probably designed for people with excess emblems. If you're running heroics and naxx 10, it's really easy to get excess emblems since there is so little gear to buy with them at this point in time.

The cost seems high when you're still getting emblem gear, but it'll probably be just right when you've already replaced all that stuff with raid gear and now have nothing to spend it all on.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I just can't justify spending 80 or so badges so I can level a warlock and/or priest.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I just can't justify spending 80 or so badges so I can level a warlock and/or priest.

What cillia said. I have recently purchased: badge shoulders, stone keeper weapon, spell damage trinket. Then another set of badge shoulders of another toon.

Working on the badge weapon now...

PS: yes I realize I play WAY too much.

frylocked on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Well that's the thing, I don't play WoW a whole lot. I barely even raid. I would like to level a priest or warlock, but I also would like to use those heriloom items since they don't need to be replaced and I can send them to another character.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    EWomEWom Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    frylocked wrote: »

What cillia said. I have recently purchased: badge shoulders, stone keeper weapon, spell damage trinket. Then another set of badge shoulders of another toon.

How do the shoulders work, do you have to buy Cloth for cloth, leather for leather, plate for plate etc, or can you buy cloth and use them on everyone?

EWom on
    Whether they find a life there or not, I think Jupiter should be called an enemy planet.
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    EWom wrote: »
    frylocked wrote: »

How do the shoulders work, do you have to buy Cloth for cloth, leather for leather, plate for plate etc, or can you buy cloth and use them on everyone?

You buy the cloth armor. You can then mail it to your alt who then equips it. The item doesnt BOP, so when you are done leveling, I suppose you could mail it to another cloth wearer of your own.

Of course this means that it has to be on the same sever and same factions (for you PVErs out there).

frylocked on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, WoW is really poorly well suited for wintergrasp. Oh noes, another world server crash!

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What sucks is that I don't think you can equip the plate heirloom stuff until 40... sucks for you Warriors and Paladins!

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    What sucks is that I don't think you can equip the plate heirloom stuff until 40... sucks for you Warriors and Paladins!

Nope, it switches armor types depending on the level.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    No, that's actually the cool part. All the plate items are considered mail until level 40. Same goes for all the mail items being considered leather unless you start off with mail.

Edit: beaten by a mile

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Oh, cool!

Fig-D on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    It's definitely cool for the melee classes, who won't have to worry about constantly getting run instances to get weapon upgrades so they can do shit for damage.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    The only downside is they can't be enchanted with anything that makes them soulbound or has a level requirement.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Can't be runeforged, either.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hm, no Arcanite Reaper for my Death Knight I suppose.

Fig-D on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    well you can always buy a bunch of honor for a lowbie death knight with the shards, then just have him get the tokens needed to buy an epic level 60 two hander. last until 70 plus they look neat

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hierloom items are probably a pretty big waste on death knights anyway. They get a choice of two excellent blue items which can easily last all of outland or at leat be replaced easily along the way, then immediately get a significant upgrade from a very simple quest line upon reaching northrend.

They're much more valuable for all the other classes.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    well you can always buy a bunch of honor for a lowbie death knight with the shards, then just have him get the tokens needed to buy an epic level 60 two hander. last until 70 plus they look neat

I don't know about other battlegroups, but by the time you actually got into enough battlegrounds to earn the marks needed for one of those weapons, you would be 70. Battlegrounds in the 51-59 range on my server are 60+ minute waits.

Seg on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Has anyone heard about this thing?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37659

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Hierloom items are probably a pretty big waste on death knights anyway. They get a choice of two excellent blue items which can easily last all of outland or at leat be replaced easily along the way, then immediately get a significant upgrade from a very simple quest line upon reaching northrend.

They're much more valuable for all the other classes.
    Heirloom weapons, perhaps. Shoulders with +10% mob XP are good for any class.

And besides, even if I got the Arcanite Reaper, it'd level up with my DK (albeit without runeforging) and it'd also level up for my warrior who's only at level 27. So it wouldn't be all that bad.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Haha that's a pretty awesome leveling weapon.

Edit: That's what I meant Sabre. Not heirloom items in general. The trinkets are very nice as well.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    So can you enchant the weapon with crusader?

Fuga on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The only downside is they can't be enchanted with anything that makes them soulbound or has a level requirement.

You can enchant them, just not w/ anything that has a level req. Crusader: Yes, Mongoose: No.

Mgcw on
This discussion has been closed.