As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Demon Phalla of Fleet Street [Finale: The Funeral Pyre | Village Victory!]

15678911»

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    vertroue wrote: »
    duh because I suck a defending myself?

yes, although Brian's defense was pretty funny. A villager who wants to live that badly is always suspicious, if you are a vanilla you shouldn't be fighting that hard to live.

Of course you should passively accept it, but it was amusing "I just wanna live" :mrgreen:
    i mean this in a non mean way, brian. I know its kinda berating, but I'm sure you'll be kicking ass in no time. You did get half the people not to vote for you (so i guess it worked for them)

Egos on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Egos wrote: »

yes, although Brian's defense was pretty funny. A villager who wants to live that badly is always suspicious, if you are a vanilla you shouldn't be fighting that hard to live.

Of course you should passively accept it, but it was amusing "I just wanna live" :mrgreen:
    i mean this in a non mean way, brian. I know its kinda berating, but I'm sure you'll be kicking ass in no time. You did get half the people not to vote for you (so i guess it worked for them)

Except all the role pms said if you died you lost. A villager in this game had just as much reason to do anything to avoid the bandwagon as did the bad guys.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    It felt too powerful for the village to have two aligned vigs in such a small phalla, so I was guessing the Judge had some sort of lone wolf thing going on. Guess I was wrong there. Sorry, thorgot! :|
    I loved watching this phalla but I don't think it was balanced at all. The only advantage that the bad guys had over the good were they were networked, they were out killed (3 to 1), heavily outnumbered by specials (2 seers? Really?) and rather light in percentage of the population as well. This is ignoring Johanna which would essentially end the game if she was seered by Mrs Lovett.

Johanna would've seered as a plain villager if seered by the mafia, but it never had a chance to come into play anyway. It was mostly a safeguard to protect her from being revealed as a special.

I was hoping crossfire would eventually give the mafia the upper hand.

It would've taken a lot of good luck, but if Vertroue had completely survived Day 5 and Darian had hit a third victim, she could've won.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Except all the role pms said if you died you lost. A villager in this game had just as much reason to do anything to avoid the bandwagon as did the bad guys.

Ah good point, maybe it was just a personal thing that I wasn't that enthusiastic as a villager :D

Egos on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Johanna would've seered as a plain villager if seered by the mafia, but it never had a chance to come into play anyway. It was mostly a safeguard to protect her from being revealed as a special.

I was hoping crossfire would eventually give the mafia the upper hand.

It would've taken a lot of good luck, but if Vertroue had completely survived Day 5 and Darian had hit a third victim, she could've won.
    I tend to aim for the bar to be a bit above "not a mathematical impossibility to win"...

I'd really be shocked if you could run a game with 2 seers and 2 vigilantes and a 15% bad guy ratio and have the bad guys win more than 5% of the time. I'm too lazy to run the math but that's effectively 5 people "cleared" each day and the bad guys can't even cancel out the seers progress in building a network.

People had fun so it doesn't really matter but it would suck to be a bad guy in a game like this where your only hope of winning has nothing to do with your play and everything to do with out people fucking up spectacularly.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wasn't quite spectacular enough.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, I guess the primary flaw here was that I let the source material dictate the mechanics a little much.

I couldn't think of any reason for there to be more than three in the mafia, and I didn't want to add in a second faction(though Turpin and Beadle were almost that, and I briefly considered having Toby as a mole in a 'Pirelli' faction, which probably would've been even more broken), so I wound up using lots of individual specials instead.

It probably also helped that most of the seer actions were either aimed at the dead, or not sent in at all.

Same with vigilantes. Lots of double targeting and inactivity there too.

In fact, spreadsheet.

Should be unlocked.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, I can completely sympathize with your plight CJ. I have to say that you definitely succeeding in a game that nailed the theme. After I read the narrations I usually had songs running through my head.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    eh, I did what I could, people seemed determined on taking me out from the get go and it was all I could do to try and shift the blame for as long as possible

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    woo village!

Raneados on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Also, this was intended as a super-short Christmas mini, so having the network and deaths advance that quickly makes some more sense.

I think either Pirelli or the Judge should have had their own win conditions, though; Pirelli would exit the game as soon as Sweeney dies, for instance, or the Judge could have been a lone wolf, needing to outlive all other specials (but not villagers; he's happy to rule over them with an iron hand).

Darian on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Haha, actually it was thorgot who got people to not vote for him.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah but then i named both of them and voted for element brian
    thorgot wrote: »
    Vertroue, Element Brian, Zandracon, and Darian are the only people who have given me no indication they are good.

If BlueBlue was evil, the person he "seered" could be added to that list, but I have PMed that name to somebody.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Out of curiosity, what indication of goodness did you receive from everyone else?

And also why did you hush up when I was asking what the other seer said their role name was?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    if you had been mafia, i wouldn't have wanted the mafia to know which roles they couldn't claim. that was the only reason.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    also, your name is stupid

and you smell

p.s. no hard feelings

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thorgot had no real reason to trust me when I first got around to talking to him.

But he did.

And for that, he survived one night longer than the others wanted.

So yeah. I played a role! woooo

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    eh, I did what I could, people seemed determined on taking me out from the get go and it was all I could do to try and shift the blame for as long as possible

I think the lesson is when people mis-spell your name, don't correct them. Its like a curse..

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    thorgot wrote: »
    if you had been mafia, i wouldn't have wanted the mafia to know which roles they couldn't claim. that was the only reason.

But I had already told you my role and you were using your power to kill obbi that turn anyway which would reveal that role so ...

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status: