As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Stretching your dollar and skipping your meals

1234568»

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    I have been keeping my change for the past year... Counted + rolled it last night.
    Over $243 :D

the store bought puttanesca I had for lunch today was good, but not nearly as good as Asteroid Cafe's puttanesca
    mmmm

Asteroid Cafe's puttanesca was really fucking great.
    Good call on that, Dru

hey, Geek ordered it
    I was just saying I really love puttanesca and it ended up being a happy coincidence! :D

All the food there was great.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I used to go to this Christian Fellowship thing on Thursday night a few years back; it was a college meeting where they'd make dinner for everyone; luckily there wasn't a worship or sermon time attached, just the "fellowship part." I ate a lot of those meals.

I'm about to have to be very careful on how I spend money, and getting more food for my buck will be a necessity.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I haven't spent any money since Sunday. I've only worked about 16 hours this week and made a little over $900. I need to work as little as possible more often.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only thing I've spent money on other than food and booze since about march has been a $20 Capo for my acoustic for a performance. That'll pay $1,000.

Khavall on
  • SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wait a fucking second

you seriously revived this thread?

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
    edited January 2009
    AT did. After like forever.

Also, my electric problem. Solved like crazy. Now I have a performance electric. Whoooooo no more money spent 'till I finish buying instruments I need to continue eating.

Khavall on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There is nothing in my house to consume.

How can I flavour cardboard?

Muse Among Men on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    your roommates will probably taste better
    eat them instead

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited January 2009
    There is nothing in my house to consume.

How can I flavour cardboard?

Oregano

Khavall on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bacon salt

Straightzi on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    urine.

you didn't say an enjoyable flavour.

Bad-Beat on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am willing to bet that I could make a sheet of corrugated cardboard not just palatable, but fucking delicious

Should I care to try

Admittedly, I have a deep fryer, so that may make things easier

Fuckin' everything tastes good deep fried

Straightzi on
  • Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had some pizza on the train to PAX and I'm sure that was just cardboard with some soggy paper on it.

Bad-Beat on
    edited January 2009
    Bad-Beat wrote: »
    I had some pizza on the train to PAX and I'm sure that was just cardboard with some soggy paper on it.

We have a pizza place here with $1 slices.

at 3AM on Thurs/Fri/Sat it's packed.

If you thought you've tasted soggy paper on cardboard, you haven't

Khavall on
  • Dorktron9000Dorktron9000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Boxes of frozen burger patties are a damn good value, and will keep reasonably for a good month. Throw them on some white bread with some cheese and you're good to go.

Also, random seasonings make shit foods taste better. Go to your local grocery store and buy yourself a bottle of greek seasoning or tiger seasoning. Nobody knows whats in that shit, but nobody cares because it's great.

Dorktron9000 on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    man, reading this thread is making me feel terrible about having a rich family

whoops, just got another car, I'm all good now

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Stale has still given by far the best advice on how to eat healthy and well on the cheap

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    where is stale's advice I should look at it

Raneados on