As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Happy new [CHAT]!

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    you have to spend 1000g at 78 to fly in northrend. so you can get by with that.

but there's tons of shiny vendor stuff that takes tons of gold. mounts mostly.
    and of course you'll want money for crafted things/gems/enchants.

everything is inflated to take into account how much gold is floating around.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dude, Zul'Drak has a quest where you ride a storm giant and step on everything in sight

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Zul'Drak is an amazing zone - I skipped Grizzly Hills because it was pissing me off.

I dinged 77 right at the end of the ZD quest chain - it's not too bad at all without a flying mount. Especially with how the quest hubs work there.

I do agree that the story is extremely depressing, though. I mean, holy shit.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I did Grizzly Hills and Zuldrak because I'm cool.

JJ on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man there's nothing wrong with GH.

Fuga on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JJ wrote: »

^5

I did both and didn't mind either. Gets me more money from having all of Stormpeaks/Icecrown/Basin untouched at 80.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man I can't find anyone in my guild to craft the nesingwary 4000.
    And I'm not gonna give all the mats to some random dude on trade chat.

Fuga on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Epic rolls for that T7 token off Thaddius.

[21:09:01] Dachand rolls 6 (1-100)
    [21:09:02] Zethyr rolls 10 (1-100)
    [21:09:02] Ghosterberry rolls 6 (1-100)
    [21:09:06] Lethania rolls 12 (1-100)
    [21:09:13] Meysi rolls 7 (1-100)
    [21:09:18] Memeth rolls 14 (1-100)

Echo on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So epic.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey cool, those are like my rolls on everything. Hence why when I'm not doing guild runs, I only get loot if every other player in the entire raid has already gotten something.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Do what I do and be a raid leader. Someone outrolls you on that shiny 2h axe? You didn't see that roll, as far as you're concerned you won it.
    I'm not this big of a dick to people, but it's an idea.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

^5

I did both and didn't mind either. Gets me more money from having all of Stormpeaks/Icecrown/Basin untouched at 80.

I got the Northrend Loremaster acheivement simply because the Deathchill Cload is awesome...and has made me 3k gold selling on AH =p. Soo many quests...I refuse to do any quests other than dailys i need for rep now.

Anialos on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I kept hearing from guildmates that borean and grizzly hills would suck. But I really loved the two zones. I think other people just don't have that love of story that I do. If I skipped zones or quests in northrend I'd feel I was skipping chapters in a book.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    THe only problem I have with Grizzly Hills/dragonblight is I am doing the quests a 2nd time although it's for the allaince

I am not looking forward to doing them a 3rd time since when I level my warrior it's going to be boren tunrda-howling fjord

Brainleech on
  • Options
    tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Brainleech wrote: »
    THe only problem I have with Grizzly Hills/dragonblight is I am doing the quests a 2nd time although it's for the allaince

I am not looking forward to doing them a 3rd time since when I level my warrior it's going to be boren tunrda-howling fjord

After the first time around, I think it's acceptable to blow through content and just get the levels efficiently. To continue my book analogy, I get pretty bored re-reading a book I've recently read.

tehmarken on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Someone suggest a server for me and my brother to transfer to that isn't empty and abandoned, but isn't riddled with long queues (short ones are fine)

Silver Hand is so utterly quiet :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm on the medium to high pop Stormscale server. We had short, read under 5 minutes, queues during Christmas break, but before then I never saw a queue since I transferred here a week before WotLK. I've also never seen the instance lag that people keep mentioning in the raiding thread and I raid on Tuesdays which seems to be the day everyone bitches about.

khain on
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    About those coin fishing achievements...oy thats something i don't want to have to do again.

The reward makes it worthwhile though. Now i have something to make fun of gold beggars;

'Can i have 1g plz'
    'Lets see'
    [ME] casually flips his Titanium Seal of Dalaran.
    and whatever side it lands on it will be;
    'Awww unlucky mate. Now scram'

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Gold spammers and people begging for gold invite me to groups and get to talk to the imp

Brainleech on
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anialos wrote: »

^5

I got the Northrend Loremaster acheivement simply because the Deathchill Cload is awesome...and has made me 3k gold selling on AH =p. Soo many quests...I refuse to do any quests other than dailys i need for rep now.

I did all the zones because I wanted to have my character be Loremaster Stagheart. Then he was, and now it's his title.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is anyone else getting constantly DC'd?

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    About those coin fishing achievements...oy thats something i don't want to have to do again.

The reward makes it worthwhile though. Now i have something to make fun of gold beggars;

'Can i have 1g plz'
    'Lets see'
    [ME] casually flips his Titanium Seal of Dalaran.
    and whatever side it lands on it will be;
    'Awww unlucky mate. Now scram'

I use that thing to decide which side I heal for Thaddius/Gothik.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Someone suggest a server for me and my brother to transfer to that isn't empty and abandoned, but isn't riddled with long queues (short ones are fine)

The population finally died down? It used to be high/full almost all the time between all the NA & Oceanic players.
    Is anyone else getting constantly DC'd?

Not having any problems here, but there's never anyone else in these L30-40 zones.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I started up WoW again, wee. While I did play with BC a it, I only made a BElf and didn't really go through Outland. Now I'm working on my level 60 doing the Outland stuff, fun.

I did make a Death Knight just to check them out and holy hell their starting zone questline is fun.

Feriluce on
    XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Voro wrote: »
    Ledneh wrote: »

The population finally died down? It used to be high/full almost all the time between all the NA & Oceanic players.

You must play alliance, hordeside has maybe half to a third the players :(

Ledneh on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    shryke wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    THe only thing I dislike about phasing is Icecrown I found a nice place to farm for cloth I know it's phased when I complete a series of quests so until I am 450 in tailoring I refuse to do them

This is one of the main design issues with phasing.

I mean, imagine it was implemented all across the game.

So, you beat up all the Defias, run Deadmines and BAM, Defias are defeated. You leave the instance, and now Westfall is phased and all the Defias are gone and everyones happy nd slaving away on farms again. Great right?

Till you need Linen Cloth. Oh look, all those Defias you were gonna farm for it? Gone.

It's kind of an interesting quandry.
    Suddenly Linen and Wool is almost as in demand on the AH as Runecloth.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Got the uber-expensive Mammoth Mount.

Holy. Lee. Shit.

I love it. I didn't realize just how much shit the two NPC's sell.

Food? Check. Water? Check. Arrows/Bullets? Check. WOOD? Check. Reagents? Check. Poisons? Check. Some basic trade good stuff? Check.

All that and they can repair!

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TheTishTheTish Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Got the uber-expensive Mammoth Mount.

Holy. Lee. Shit.

I love it. I didn't realize just how much shit the two NPC's sell.

Food? Check. Water? Check. Arrows/Bullets? Check. WOOD? Check. Reagents? Check. Poisons? Check. Some basic trade good stuff? Check.

All that and they can repair!

Yeah... Everyone is shocked by the price tag until they see how incredibly useful it is.

TheTish on
    sig-1117080.jpg
    -- Gnome mage enchantress and inscriptionologist... er scribbler --
    sig-1497520.jpg
    sig-1497534.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    TOO PRICEY!

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is Ashbringer still in the game? Or was it removed once Naxx was moved to Northrend?

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    ravenhexravenhex Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can anyone buy and sell/repair that's in your group when you accesss the vendors from the mount? The wife has about 13K now and wants to know if its a good investment. I only wish she could save up money like that irl :-(

ravenhex on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes, your party/raid members can use it. I don't know about random joes though.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    End wrote: »
    Yes, your party/raid members can use it. I don't know about random joes though.

I used one a guy had just sitting in Stormwind so I think anyone can use it.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anyone can use the vendors, only party members can climb on

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I still think it would be pretty funny if you got a cut of the gold people spent buying stuff/repairing at your mount.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Anyone can use the vendors, only party members can climb on

This is not true.

But it should be true.

If you click the mount rapidly as it's being cast, and this goes for Mechanochoppers too, the Vehicle icon will turn green for a split second and you can hop on, party or not. It's a bug yes, and it takes perfect timing, but it works.

I've tested this with both the Mount and the Choppers.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Is there a WotLK equivalent to Riding Crops yet?

Ledneh on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Blizzard admitted that Riding Crops were a terrible idea, which is why they don't work past lv70.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, I can see why minimizing time spent traveling is so terrible.

Though that doesn't explain the mount speed talents that DK's and paladins get.

xzzy on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    Yeah, I can see why minimizing time spent traveling is so terrible.

Though that doesn't explain the mount speed talents that DK's and paladins get.

Increasing mount speed wasn't the issue. I think it was giving up a trinket slot specifically to do so, because it wasn't "fun," it was just a hassle. During the beta they had looked at making riding crops a way to enchant your mount, so to speak, but their system that encourages multiple mounts made that a pain in the ass so they scrapped it.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
This discussion has been closed.