As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[OOC] N00b of Clandestein

MondayMonday Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Critical Failures
Sup I've been working on this system for about a year and a half now and I'd like to get some folks who has some sparetime to try it out.
N00b Of Clandestein
and what the hell is it

Because I get tired of overly complicated settings where a player might have a hard time stretching themselves to (even though folks here accomplish it with great effect) or embelleshing in roles of ancient demigods with a millenia and a half lifespan only to seem totally out of context with the acting- I created this game where people are only expected to play as the one thing they wont go wrong in - themselves... or similar archetypes thereof.

In this game people start one step away from themselves and from there progress leaps and bounds in accordance to the situation that arises before them. A plain clothes fantasy for lack of a better term.

This is where the fantasy kicks in.

In n0c, the setting is negligible, people can start from where they sit and inevitably some great situation will pull them away to a start of an adventure. From there are the untested parts of the game, lengths and distances in which current beta players have yet to cover. Bear with me- people have yet to reach level 10 in this engine.

Huh? (aka Setting)

Players are anonymously mailed a keychain and glasses with nothing to go on but a manual. What results is that they are taken to a globally immersive virtual realm reminiscent of MMORpgs with nothing but the clothes on their backs (and maybe the knife in their pockets). In here is a mirror of their current world after facing a post apocalyptic collapse- where man has to start again, and in their former cities are inconcievable beings that prey on them. Monsters being the long and short of it.

While players dont exactly share in the plight of this new humanity they have been welcomed as beings of legend in this displaced world of witches, knights, gunmen, dinosaurs, and pop up ads.

And ?

From there its adventure time. Take what you learned in this world of simulations and meta gaming and see what you can make of this place. Of course, I ask that you dont die - respawning is gonna hurt more than you think.

Sounds Fun Where do I sign up ?

Just reply to this thread if you're interested, I'd be more than happy to post all necessary info involved in playing this game.

The System.

D10+Stat+Skills
added that and possible spirit you may use to bet on this roll. Spirit being the quintessential HP of this game. Should you run out of it, you leave your character's fate to the GM's hands. Other than that it should be easy to carve out your own legend from scratch.

Die used so far is a d10, difficulty rolls are decided by bogey die (d6 times d10) , an enemy's stat pair (spd+endurance to determine AC for example), or science (1str accounts for 10lbs, 1spd crosses one square etc)

Turns are approached with an AB approach. Where one side goes(no particualr turn order necessary) , and the other reacts and Vis a vis. Reacting incurs a speed roll in which the player tries their best to stimey the enemy's attempts until their turn comes.

Character Generation:

classesscancolour.jpg

There are 5 attributes to Player generation, Class, Stats, Skills, Element, and Race - but since everyone's playing human for now let's just scratch out Race.

Player Classes can pick from 6 base classes.
Squire-Warrior, Fighter Types
Esper- Caster, Puzzlegame types
Kit- Bookworm, Logistic support type
Scout- Survivalist, hard to kill types
Vagrant-Adventurer, All around custom types

Stats-Players usually start with a predetermined spread of stats according to their class.
Those stats are usually:

Will(Will) - Your ability to have a strong mental reserve keeping a clear head in the most demoralizing situations will keep you sharp. Also your ability to make things explode with your mind.
Str(Strength) - Your body's ability to outwardly affect/go against other physical elements.
End(Endurance) - Your body's ability to continue working under great stress, wounds, and disadvantages
Spd(Speed) - Rate at which you kick ass. Or run like hell away from something that does it better.
Tek(Technique) - For lack of a better definition, applying what you know to making effective actions.
Emp(Empathy) - Your ability to take things in, see minute details, and feel things others brush off

The sum of these stats are usually how much Spirit you have. And on beginning games, most people start on 35spirit.

On top of this initial setup are 5 anything points. That's right, ANYTHING. Put these 5 points into any stat you choose ,OR Skill ranks that you may consider useful or character relevant. Adding on to stats will also increase maximum spirit.

-Skill Ranks-
From Necromancy to Pie Baking , you can assign an Anything point to one rank of a skill. How these skill ranks apply can be pretty open to interpretation. For example, one can have a skillrank in using heavy weapons which leads to that added +1 advantage to using heavy weapons, and the added perk that you actually know how to handle heavy weapons and not fuck up like everyone else attempting to go commando. The more specific the skill is, the sooner players will gain useful abilities every 2-3 ranks or so in said skill.

So say someone had placed 5 points in pistol combat, they'd likely 1 or 2 handy abilities from this on top of the +5 they're already getting for rolls. For these kinds of things I leave it to the Player to tell me what they want their character to work towards, and go from there. Theres a great list of weapon proficiency skills but I'm not too concerned about posting that for now.

Class Skills-
Your player will usually have a Class Skill at the start, as a first step to discovering their potential. What , however, is dependent on their aligned element (9 flavors to choose from)

-Elements- Be it in their character, the way they think or in their build, Players are assigned an element which may affect subtle aspects about their journey or save them on a full moon.

>Luminas-The brilliance of light and truth
>Vitas- The Growth of Life
>Terras- The Stability of the Earth
>Aquas- The Universality of Water
>Aerias- The Freedom of the Wind
>Firas- The Sacrifice of Fire
>Chronos- The Passing of Time
>Abysmas- The Emptiness of Shadow
>Pandoras- The consistency of Chaos

And of course when leveling up, players get more AP, and their general stats/spirit increase in accordance to their class and level.
To advance to the next level, players first need to gain 100exp. To advance to the next level after that[3] is 200, then 300[4] then 500[5]

lvl6.800
lvl7.1300
lvl8.2100
lvl9.3400
lvl10.5500

Monday on

• MondayMonday Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bumped with major edits. First version needed to be more casual. Fun times.

Monday on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm always curious about something different. Any info the one needs in particular to play? I've never heard of this before.

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    Its a homebrew similar to d20.
    I've been told its really easy to learn - despite my attempts to complicate it with explanation.

The battle rules are generalized you declare an action and roll the most concerned stat (Tek or Str), and magic- should you choose to go the route is a process of tapping "mana" and telling said mana on hand to subtley perform things within their nature (Empathy on the first turn, Will on the next). You can also boost rolls with spirit. Thats the long and short of it.

As for classes there are 6 base ones that cover most Adventurer Archetypes.
    And stats are better recognized as points of conflict rather than quantitative measures of ability. So even though you have 100str , theres always gonna be the guy with 200 str looming over you.

But other than that you're a plain clothes modernite displaced in a world that you can only understand so much.

Hope that resolves most questions. Of course I can give you raw info on rules at any point in time.

Monday on
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How do character generation and stat allocation work?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
    edited January 2009
    Name: Link
    Lvl1 Vagrant
    Element: Luminas

Will-6
    Str-6
    End-6
    Spd-6
    Tek-5
    Emp-6

35/35 Spirit

Skills:
    rank3Sword
    >Tornado Slash: Charge for one beat, and your use a reaction release an attack to all adjacent squares
    rank1Shield
    rank1Archery

There are 5 attributes to Player generation, Class, Stats, Skills, Element, and Race - but since everyone's playing human for now let's just scratch out Race.

Player Classes can pick from 6 base classes.
    Squire-Warrior, Fighter Types
    Esper- Caster, Puzzlegame types
    Kit- Bookworm, Logistic support type
    Scout- Survivalist, hard to kill types
    Vagrant-Adventurer, All around custom types

Stats-Players usually start with a predetermined spread of stats according to their class.
    Those stats are usually:

Will(Will) - Your ability to have a strong mental reserve keeping a clear head in the most demoralizing situations will keep you sharp. Also your ability to make things explode with your mind.
    Str(Strength) - Your body's ability to outwardly affect/go against other physical elements.
    End(Endurance) - Your body's ability to continue working under great stress, wounds, and disadvantages
    Spd(Speed) - Rate at which you kick ass. Or run like hell away from something that does it better.
    Tek(Technique) - For lack of a better definition, applying what you know to making effective actions.
    Emp(Empathy) - Your ability to take things in, see minute details, and feel things others brush off

The sum of these stats are usually how much Spirit you have. And on beginning games, most people start on 35spirit.

On top of this initial setup are 5 anything points. That's right, ANYTHING. Put these 5 points into any stat you choose ,OR Skill ranks that you may consider useful or character relevant. Adding on to stats will also increase maximum spirit.

-Skill Ranks-
    From Necromancy to Pie Baking , you can assign an Anything point to one rank of a skill. How these skill ranks apply can be pretty open to interpretation. For example, one can have a skillrank in using heavy weapons which leads to that added +1 advantage to using heavy weapons, and the added perk that you actually know how to handle heavy weapons and not fuck up like everyone else attempting to go commando. The more specific the skill is, the sooner players will gain useful abilities every 2-3 ranks or so in said skill.

So say someone had placed 5 points in pistol combat, they'd likely 1 or 2 handy abilities from this on top of the +5 they're already getting for rolls. For these kinds of things I leave it to the Player to tell me what they want their character to work towards, and go from there. Theres a great list of weapon proficiency skills but I'm not too concerned about posting that for now.

Class Skills-
    Your player will usually have a Class Skill at the start, as a first step to discovering their potential. What , however, is dependent on their aligned element (9 flavors to choose from)

-Elements- Be it in their character, the way they think or in their build, Players are assigned an element which may affect subtle aspects about their journey or save them on a full moon.

>Luminas-The brilliance of light and truth
    >Vitas- The Growth of Life
    >Terras- The Stability of the Earth
    >Aquas- The Universality of Water
    >Aerias- The Freedom of the Wind
    >Firas- The Sacrifice of Fire
    >Chronos- The Passing of Time
    >Abysmas- The Emptiness of Shadow
    >Pandoras- The consistency of Chaos

And of course when leveling up, players get more AP, and their general stats/spirit increase in accordance to their class and level.

Hope that answers your question

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    More about the setting. I hate to use this analogy but is it somewhat similar to " .Hack "?

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    Sounds like a hybrid of .hack and Hell on Earth.

A couple of clarification requests on characters:
    1) Are we supposed to pattern our characters on ourselves or create original characters?
    2) Are elements supposed to be reflective of their characters' personalities? For example, is an Abysmas character supposed to be goth or gloomy or w/e in "real life"?

delroland on
    edited January 2009
    Setting.
    It is similar to .Hack in concept , but the displacement situation is more akin to Those Who Hunt Elves purely for the reason that the majority of the inhabitants of the setting are not local to your world. (and if you havent seen that anime then Inu Yasha, Bleach, and Escaflowne could be close )
    On the other end of the coin, Invasive elements can enter into YOUR world and things like Gantz, HighSchool of the Dead, Persona 3-4 are similar situations. I mainly cite anime mainly because the tone can be fairly lighthearted and serious in other moments when it needs to be.

While settings could be any flavor, or tone. The concept of displacement is important here as a catalyst to bring characters that are would-be zeroes to fruition as self actualized people. In short, incorporate Dream Diving as a means to explore human dynamic in bizarre yet local situations. While at the same time beating up baddies and delving in serious powerplays for added fun.

A friend and a betatester described it to me as:
    You're introduced into a foreign world. Think a mishmash of generic fantasy, post apocalypse, and everyday life. The world is molded around your actions.

I will answer more specifically what the local universe to the imouse is like but for now Im posting this as I have to run somewhere.

Characters.
    Original Characters taylored for the situation is preferable since places where the character used to live and whatnot may conflict/add on with the current setting. I wish to keep that ambiguous for the most part but flavor references from time to time are important too.
    Although,
    I find that people who fashion characters after themselves or archetypes of tend to be more invested in their roleplay and it comes off sincere and overall gameplay becomes immersive.

And yeah Elements, Those who are nihilistic, skeptic realists, Amoral or ZEN in nature can be Abysma- theres many ways to incorporate your element, not just in outward appearance or social tags . I dont wish for characters to be monotone in flavor but something significant has to match up with their true colors through and through.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Okay, I'm up for it.

Name: Del Roland
    Lvl2 Esper (34 xp)
    Element: Pandoras

Will09
    Str04
    End05
    Spd05
    Emp10
    Tek07

Spirit:40

Abilities:
    Elemental Sense
    Chaos Charm
    Will Burn
    Leyline Whisper

Skills:
    rank2 Higher Mathematics
    rank1 Physical Sciences
    rank1 Salesman
    rank1 Swimming

rank3 Aerias
    rank2 Firas

6'2" tall, heavyset, full head of red hair, full beard and moustache; 30 years old

A college dropout working a dead-end job, Del Roland has always been smarter than other people. Years of working in retail and watching the morons and brown-nosers fail upwards has instilled in him a healthy disrespect for authority.

One day, Del receives a strange package containing only three things: a keychain, a pair of glasses, and a manual titled "N00bs of Clandestein". Severly bored, and tired from a long day of stupid customers and even stupider management, he briefly flips through the manual, pausing to chuckle a bit at the horrid grammar and generous smattering of l337. Figuring it to be some new VRG, Del follows the instructions laid out in the manual, donning the keychain and glasses...

delroland on
    edited January 2009
    delroland wrote: »
    Okay, I'm up for it.

Name: Del Roland
    Lvl1 Esper
    Element: Pandoras

A college dropout working a dead-end job, Del Roland has always been smarter than other people. Years of working in retail and watching the morons and brown-nosers fail upwards has instilled in him a healthy disrespect for authority.

One day, Del receives a strange package containing only three things: a keychain, a pair of glasses, and a manual titled "N00bs of Clandestein". Severly bored, and tired from a long day of stupid customers and even stupider management, he briefly flips through the manual, pausing to chuckle a bit at the horrid grammar and generous smattering of l337. Figuring it to be some new VRG, Del follows the instructions laid out in the manual, donning the keychain and glasses...

Your beginning stats are as follows:
    Will07
    Str03
    End05
    Spd05
    Emp09
    Tek06

Spirit:35

Class Abilities:
    Elemental Sense: Objects are vivid to you and you sense more about them than people usually see or hear.....
    -Chaos Charm: You are more familiar with the workings of chance. +1to emp pandoras PerLevel.

You have 05 AP to be used for Skills, or stats (which will increase your SPirit) Consider your character's daily life practices and point him accordingly.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    so thinking of a chronic insomniac. I'll try and think of an appropriate backstory and post it later tonight.

but lvl 1 scout and abysmas.

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    (Uhm should I start another thread for this kind of thing ? I want to keep this thread mainly for chatter and signups)

The glasses were clear at first, that is until he looked at his computer screen. It started as a prompt at first was the computer being remotely hacked? but soon a small display processed on the screen- and from it darkness enveloped Del's line of sight.

-Game Start-

said the letters in white text. Soon, Del found himself standing stationary as space traversed around him. A man with a doctor's coat, a pink dress shirt and a purple tie is found sitting across from him. His head ; a red cube.

"Oh dear, Another one" said a soft bottomless voice " it seems this chain letter scheme is reaching the mainland "
    He gets up from his chair, a towering 8 feet tall. With gloved white hands, he produces a clipboard from nowhere and hands it to you.
    "I'd like you to fill this out

A questionaire.

As you glance back at him he's already back at this seat as if he hadn't stood up at all.

Where did you come from?

Where will you hope to go ?

What will you bring with you?

What will you fight for ?

What do you fear ?

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    If the game is all ready to start, just turn this into an [OOC]Signups-Noob of Clandestein. And/or do a [IC]Noob of Clandestein.

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    so thinking of a chronic insomniac. I'll try and think of an appropriate backstory and post it later tonight.

but lvl 1 scout and abysmas.

Your stat are as follows

Will4
    Str4
    End5
    Spd7
    Emp8
    Tek7

Spirit 35/35

Scout Skills so far:
    Zero Out
    (Second one pending on info)

again you have 5 AP to apply to stats and skills

Also Character creation partly occurs ingame. That is- the questionaire bit.
    After that I set you loose on a hell of your own choosing.

PS, Include general stuff like Age and Description. It would help if i can visualize whats going on.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Updating my previous character post. I second Egos' recommendation for an [IC] thread; that is typically what is done on these forums.

How many players are you looking for? Should we wait for a couple more signups or should we just jump into it?

Edit: do you have a general skill list? Or do we just make up whatever skills we want?

delroland on
    edited January 2009
    I'll start an IC thread. The fun part about this game is that more people can literally crash in as they log on...

Del:
    Btw you have 5 anything points. Apply them however you want [stats or skills(marine biology, a mean left hook, cooking etc)]

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Done. Are those skills appropriate?

delroland on
    edited January 2009
    yes, they're perfect. Btw I just started the IC thread

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=8432105#post8432105

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Does our character have a login name and a real world name (e.g. the Matrix; Thomas Anderson and Neo) or are they one and the same?

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    I'm guessing that it can be either or; it doesn't seem as though our characters have "logins" so to speak, but I'm sure they can choose to use cover identities "in-game" instead of their actual names.

delroland on
    edited January 2009
    Yes.
    Login names will be asked of you later, For now just work on your character as they are pre-game.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Name: Aran Hamilton Land
    lvl 1 Scout
    Element : Abysmas

Will4
    Str4
    End5
    Spd7
    Emp8
    Tek7

Spirit 35/35

Appearance: Somewhat muscular built but not extremely trained. Thin mainly from odd eating habits. Stands about 6'0 and a half feet. Medium length unkempt light brown hair. Pale complexion.

Aran comes from a fairly well to do family. He grew up with a rather weak constitution; easily getting sick and usually to an extreme degree- and all his life he has suffered from acute insomnia. His insomnia being so extreme that it lead to problems in school and at least in part contributed to his dropping out of school all together.

However later on than the usual norm, he got his degree and later went on to work as a security systems analyst. Aran spent a fair amount of his time on the net after his initial drop out of highschool; later on he worked out as night security at various locations. Until he finished his degree. A few years later he eventually worked his way up to working as a systems security analyst.

age- 26-27-28 area

Aran receives his Noob of Clandestine book and keys and opens it rather quickly. Since he had spent a fair amount of time in the past, he likely thinks it just a promotional tool or reward for something he participated in the past.

Skill wise

I'm thinking
    rank 3- Security Systems
    rank 1- Hacking
    rank 1- Breaking and Entering (methods) / Burglary

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    you have 5 anything points. Apply them however you want [stats or skills(marine biology, a mean left hook, cooking etc)]

Seeing as how he's a security systems savvy, try giving him some ranks in. . .well,
    Security systems.

His second Class Skill is
    Scry : Roll Emp against a target to analyze it (person place or thing). Spending 10 minutes or so (depends on target) for this action can get you a temporary rank concerning it.

and seeing as how I didn't tell you what zero out is, here it is:
    Zero Out: Roll emp against a target(s) that is present , whatever you rolled is the observation check someone has to beat in order to notice you.

Skills:
    Level3 Security Systems
    L3Ability> Familiar Ground: Fighting in a Place you know (or have ranks in) gives you a +X indirect defense. X being your Tek cut in half.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    hmm so should I just join in as if I underwent the same procedure as Del or should I wait?

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    Updated with Skill Ability plus your Class skills.
    You may post in the IC thread whenever you want.

" Wearing the glasses etc " and the moments and setting preceding it.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    When he still has them on or is asked to take them off?

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    hollon, I'm posting your entry.

Monday on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm intrested in trying something like this, But i haven't tried anything besides phalla on the forums, Would it be possible to play from a different time zone?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    Monday wrote: »
    hollon, I'm posting your entry.

I'll post my intro tomorrow. Bit too tired atm.

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    hahaha its fine. Thank you for playing !

Warban, what time is it from where you are ? We could work you on another continuity perhaps ?

It is currently 3:11Am where I am.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    7:18 pm here in Australia. 4 pm for me is when most of the Phalla action happens.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This sounds like a lot of fun...but it's been ages since I played anything like this.

I think I'd want to be "Kit- Bookworm, Logistic support type" if we're playing close to ourselves (for I <3 the books).

Will being on GMT be a problem?

BobCesca on
    edited January 2009
    USually no, when you find people posting in the early morning, and others posting late at night it generally resolves a lot of action within 24 hours.

Eventually it will be up to me to make to make dynamic challenges that can be handled interestingly through quality posts.

Btw it seems our time zones have a 15 hour difference so posting in the noon/afternoon for you would be a great time

Bobceska write up a background for your char, I'll stat you when I wake up.
    Warban if you're interested, hit me up as well.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Name: BobCesca
    Lvl1 Kit
    Element: Chronos

Apperance: 5'8", a little overweight woman in her mid-20's. Mid-length brown hair, olive complexion, glasses.

A PhD student reading Classics, Cesca lives her life in front of the computer, desperately trying not to fall into the stereotype of the lonely, anti-social academic, but failing miserably. The only things which keep her going are the people she meets on the internet, the few hours of teaching work at the University, and the money she makes from translating work - who would have realised 6 years ago that doing a Classics degree meant being proficient in so many languages?

Interrupted from the latest round of obscene poems by the postman knocing at the door, she opens the package to find a keychain, a pair of glasses, and a manual titled "N00bs of Clandestein". Flicking through the manual over a coffee on her next break she assumes it's some kind of joke, maybe from one of her few friends back in Scotland. Wondering what's going on, she replaces her own glasses with those in the package and dons the keychain...

BobCesca on
    edited January 2009
    Just to say now, that if things are happening on Tuesday I may or may not be around.

In hospital in the morning for a very small operation, but not sure when I'll get home and what the pain will be like.

BobCesca on
    edited January 2009
    Sleep now. I'll post Del's answers tomorrow.

delroland on
    edited January 2009
    FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Good luck, and thanks for the heads up.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    Name: Warban
    lvl 1 Squire
    Element : Luminas

Will05
    Str08
    End07
    Spd06
    Emp04
    Tek05

Spirit 35/35

A computer Tech and systems administrator apprentice , Warban had the job of reviewing Game and media applications before they landed on the local market. He had recently gained the Job of Reviewing and classifying some of the lesser mainstream items.

Beyond his job he followed the online gaming & the Role playing scene as more of a personal interest as well. Playing years of the other MMORPGS there had been little he had not seen or read about. Recently he had become obsessed with Mecha and Anime and Scum Forum games.

When it came to Computer Operation, Warban had a 6th sense of how program code reacting with its hardware. More of really a simple Innate sense really, he could manage to tell what exactly that "spyware", "Virus" was trying to do and remove it without the use of a 3rd Party application. To Warban Debugging a computers systems operation came naturally, And given enough time at with the computer OS he could always recover a system from a hijacked state without a format.

Forwarded to his desk was a keychain and glasses with nothing to go on but a manual. Which game Developer group has created this he didn't know, Which ever it was, They hadn't seemed to done much advertisement yet. Sitting down to Review the this MMORPG he wasn't surprised he was the one given this review.

Picking up the manual he looked though the Pages quickly noting the Elements. The brilliance of light and truth. That was one one he would pick.

And then he puts on the Glasses...

Age- 25.

Skills

Rank 3 - Natural System Debugger. (Hardware/Software Understand/Recovery/Exploitation)
    Rank 1 - Over Enthusiastic Attention Seeker. (Taunting/Challenging/Persuasion)
    Rank 1 - Drill Weapon Proficiency. (Combat)

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    Awesome Character Warban, but usually when folks pick a class they get a preset of Stats.
    For Squires it is.

Will05
    Str08
    End07
    Spd06
    Emp04
    Tek05

Custom Stats are totally ok in my book if you want to go that route. However, Im just worried that your speed will get you some free hits from the enemy as indirect defense (AC) is pretty much Speed+Endurance.

However your tek will be a nice touch to scoring a lot of hits, making you super ideal for offensives at the start of the game.

If you decide to stick with this, just know that 3 is a below normal number that could be contextualized as such in role-playing.

Your Abilities>
    Since you're Lvl 3 In systems Debugging, you get-
    A Hunch: Roll Emp, add your skill bonus. You will somehow get a sense of what the game may try to pull next.

Class Ability> Squire
    Parry(Defense Action)- Tek(rolled or no)+Def of your weapon will subtract against an enemy's attack roll - throwing it off course. Should your parry overwhelm them, you will get a chance for a counter(requires a reaction). Should you crit your parry, you automatically counter.

Block(Defense Action)- Str+Def of your weapon will subtract against one attack's damage.

Other than that, I'll be preparing your entry post.

Monday on
    edited January 2009
    BobCesca, your character's stats are as follows.

Will7 Str4 End4 Spd5 Emp6 Tek9

Spirit: 35

Kit Abilities:
    Analyze> Break things down to it's basic components to deduce a function by rolling EMPx. Xbeing a unit of time you're gonna put in.
    >> Speed Read> Player can read through a book in less time than it takes a normal person. (Reading books gives you ranks)

PS, you have 5 Anything points, apply them to stats, or skills (reading, languages, proper machine gun maintenence etc..)

Monday on