As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] Free Trials, ask for one in the thread.

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »
    Okay, I did the recruit a friend thing (thank you, by the way!). I have an account now, but where do I download the client?

This should be it:

Fileplanet WAR client

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How active are T1, 2, and 3 on REM right now?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    chain disables in T4 is pretty bad. between marauder, dok, etc. you can be pretty much locked down from 100% to 0 health everytime you engage the enemy. I will say it's not "as bad" as it was before the latest immunity change, but it's still bad. If you're defending a keep and on the tank wall, expect to not be able to do anything 2/3 of the time. A common idea is for them to put all hard CC (stuns, disables, knockdowns, etc.) on the same immunity cooldown. The immunity time varies by opinion, but 15-20 secs would work well as you'd actually be able to get out of trouble "if" you survive the first one.

You "can" be healed while taking damage, but in T4... there's a lot of damage being bounced around. The fact that a lot of the disables are AoE means that you now have a lot of people all taking damage at the same time. Seeing as how most of the healing in this game focuses on HoTs, there's just not enough out there to keep up with the damage. Now, if you're being focus fired, that's fine; you should die. However, if you have no control of your character for an entire fight... that's something else.

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »

well, when I've been on the past few nights, 2 and 3 seem pretty active judging from the chatter. Always at least 1-2 wbs rolling around taking keeps. I heard one wb had been at it for six hours. So activity is looking pretty good.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You know what this game needs to spice up tier 4?
    bloodbowl.jpg

Seriously; I'd rather do that then the Arena in WoW any day of the week.

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    File Planet doesnt like my computer :( I wait through the queue, then I click download

and BAM, 404.

Is there any other link? :(

zanmatto on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would like to know as well, seeing as how I've been downloading this client for the past....
    21 hours.

(Not exaggerating)

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dizzen wrote: »
    WolveSight wrote: »
    snip

You don't get that I wasn't describing it as a solo tactic.

You decided I was talking about it that way. And this has stuck and colored how you take it.

But I'm not describing it that way. So well done.

Um, you're the one that said "even if he dies, I still have grudge now". And don't you remember how this how conversation got started? You talking about how sweet the 75% armor pierce thing was and using oath friend on folks taking damage made it not hard to stay at 100 grudge. Neither of those are exactly team-friendly comments.

So yeah, that is how you described it. You may not have meant it that way when you were making enthusiastic but sweeping comments about how great the class was based on your tier one experiences with it, but that's how you conveyed it, and that has stuck and colored how I have taken it. So well done.

You do realise, that was meant to be a worst possible case scenario not likely to happen.

And that I was talking about that while running up to people who I can't get to first made it easy to because you know why not put it on them as you are running at them what else do you do?

Then I made lots and lots of team friendly comments explaining those two things fully that you have completely ignored. Way to live in the past.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    zanmatto wrote: »
    File Planet doesnt like my computer :( I wait through the queue, then I click download

and BAM, 404.

Is there any other link? :(

I used IE and it installed a download manager. It took about 3 hours to download the 11gig zip file. That was after waiting in line for thirty minutes.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I was so psyked to to get Sapping Strike on my Sword Master, and I noticed it had a 10 second cooldown.

shitsux

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    DourinDourin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Morskittar wrote: »

well, when I've been on the past few nights, 2 and 3 seem pretty active judging from the chatter. Always at least 1-2 wbs rolling around taking keeps. I heard one wb had been at it for six hours. So activity is looking pretty good.

That said, T1 isn't necessarily as active. In fact, it's pretty slow going getting into scenarios. However, I definitely have heard that it picks way up once you hit T2, so I shall power through it.

Dourin on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Most of the time tier 1 REM is crazy. YOu just level to 8-10, then head over to New Ermskank in EvC and run ORvR until Scs pop.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Dourin, are you guilded on REM? Have you checked out the Mouths? www.thesixmouths.com

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    snip

You do realise, that was meant to be a worst possible case scenario not likely to happen.

And that I was talking about that while running up to people who I can't get to first made it easy to because you know why not put it on them as you are running at them what else do you do?

Then I made lots and lots of team friendly comments explaining those two things fully that you have completely ignored. Way to live in the past.

No, I don't realise that, because you didn't say such a thing in your post, only that bit later on about axe range and how everything your mention is situational. I would ask why you would even bother bringing the matter up if it's only relevant in particular situations that you don't originally specify, except that the claim conflicts with your earlier words regardless of the answer. Your originally reasoning for the tactic was that "buffs ticking away on someone not in danger are wasted buffs to me anyway", not 'the crap is hitting the fan, let's pull out the emergency measures in this particular situation'. That's not living in the past, that's me remembering that this discussion is mostly about a tactic and its merits, not just responding to the last reply.

You originally responded to your grudge comment being pointed out by saying that you are simply too good to make 'low level' mistakes. (And then underlined the claim by repeatedly mistyping my moniker for the rest of the post; if it was a copy/paste thing, then I'd think you'd have used the first quote with the post id attached. Either way, kinda humorous, though ultimately irrelevant, I'll admit.) Granted, you stated at the time that it was arrogant to say such things, but that's doesn't mean much when you've been bringing that arrogance to this thread for some time. Like when you mocked someone for an estimate that you were claimed was a "ridiculously irresponsible impression", then later blamed him for you not knowing better.

That's the same attitude you're bringing to this discussion: proclaim instead of ask, and it's the other guy's fault if it sounded wrong. And when you make statements that are off, and then someone points that out, you back peddle and claim that your words had been in a context you didn't originally provide. Anyone can defend a claim like that.

And the team comment thing, it was hyberbole, man. I'm talking about it still being a lame way to use a mechanic called oath friend; instead of abandoning the guy by your side for some grudge, I'm of the opinion that IBs should generally keep the oathfriend on that guy and work together (unless he's not working with you, in which case try to find someone who will). It keeps that oathfriend buffed real well, then they rape for you. He'll generate grudges for you on the account of being a scintillating target in your vicinity, and the offensive and defensive buffs will make more of a difference to a guy who's staying with the tanks over the course of those buffs, than the benefits of a bit of grudge.

I think we're both just bickering to bicker now, though. You were enthusiastic and said stuff, I was paranoid about class perceptions and said stuff, and it went downhill from there. You're still learning the class while I don't even play it, just play with them often and often watch over the shoulder of someone who plays it. And we both want the last word, despite how that word won't change me thinking its a bad tactic, or you going on to play your triage style play to what will likely be great effect.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    megasnip

Man, that's a lot of words right there.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    megasnip

I gots no quality, so I figured quantity would do.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    megasnip

you should hear him on vent. he... never... shuts... up.

(he never talks, and when he does, it's a max of 3 words)

WolveSight on
    253J736.png
  • Options
    EdgieEdgie TampaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My right mouse button just about completely stopped working today. It works, but I have to pick the house up and press down on the RMB as hard as I can, with both hands.

I feel like some sort of gimpy Mac user. I haven't tried WAR yet, but I'm hoping you can rebind freelook to mouse4 or some such.

Edgie on
  • Options
    PaperPlatePaperPlate Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I need a trial for my girlfriend, mine haven't kicked in yet. Can anyone help us out?

PaperPlate on
    Minecraft: PAPRPL8
    League of Legends (your friendly neighborhood support): PAPRPL8
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Damnit.

I love my Shadow Warrior.

I'm all "Pew! Pew!" and the mobs don't even get to me before their deaths.

And she's not even T2 yet.

I don't need another fun character

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay guys, I have 3 invitations so far. Go on and either PM me your name and email. :3

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay guys, I have 3 invitations so far. Go on and either PM me your name and email. :3

Done :).

Best Buy has WAR on sale for $29 this week, for those who are interested.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    I concur with the kvetching about chain disables. I made it to tier 4 with my tank and am sorely disappointed. It's just not fun at all when most engagements have me unable to interact to any meaningful degree with my character 50% of the time (90-100% occassionally). And I thought WoW had gotten bad with CC (I'm applying that term nebulously - I'm sure I'm not semantically 100% correct there).

Teth on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So Destro just won a Mourk's temple. I was on my chosen and I was alive for most of the match. I did 27k damage, died twice, got 3 killing blows. All in all I formed the line since the only other tank was some worthless BG. I was involved in 20 kills.

I got 156 renown. not even HALF of what order, or anyone else, on my team got.

What the hell. An order healer got 500, most of order DPS got 350. wtf.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So Destro just won a Mourk's temple. I was on my chosen and I was alive for most of the match. I did 27k damage, died twice, got 3 killing blows. All in all I formed the line since the only other tank was some worthless BG. I was involved in 20 kills.

I got 156 renown. not even HALF of what order, or anyone else, on my team got.

What the hell. An order healer got 500, most of order DPS got 350. wtf.

Tanks get seriously shafted on scenario renown. Actually, they get shafted on just about any contribution calcs. Keep contributions (if you don't cheese them and come in at the last minute), PQ contributions, and everything else. It looks like all the calcs are based off of a combination of damage given and damage healed.

Why do you think all the tanks are shitty tanks? The best way to get renown in scenarios is to go 2 handed and smack crap around. Not actually, you know, doing what makes a tank useful.

Not that I'm bitter or anything.

Kakodaimonos on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, I am thinking about re-trying WAR, the blackguard seriously interests me...

So, if anyone wants to toss down a trial thing that would be great, but as of right now I am installing off my discs, and plan on joining TSM if you've got room for one more.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm all ready to get back to playing WAR after my holiday break... I hope you guys didn't boot my characters from TSM. :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    you got booted pregobot.
    jk, I have no idea

ghost_master2000 on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    teron002qa2.jpg

Sorry, destro can't come out and play today; they have to finish their essay on "What I did on Winter Break".

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    My biggest pet peeve at the moment? How all these idiots spam /1 with RvR chat.

If you want to recruit for a WB, use /1, whatever. But when you're talking "ok guys lets take the next bo or omg order inc" either use WB or /2. Come on, don't spam the whole zone.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I asked about that one time, and I guess it's because when there are multiple warbands you can't communicate with each other? There should really be a way around that, though :/.

ETA: I agree that even using /2 instead of /1 would be better!

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

If you want to recruit for a WB, use /1, whatever. But when you're talking "ok guys lets take the next bo or omg order inc" either use WB or /2. Come on, don't spam the whole zone.

Especially since there's a recurring bug where Order players can hear what Destro players type in /1, and vice versa.

Of course, this has led to some warband leaders intentionally using /1 to give the other side wrong information about what the warband is doing, so some lemonade was made from said lemons.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

Especially since there's a recurring bug where Order players can hear what Destro players type in /1, and vice versa.

Of course, this has led to some warband leaders intentionally using /1 to give the other side wrong information about what the warband is doing, so some lemonade was made from said lemons.

Wow, that was great. talk about disinformation, lol.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Lawndart wrote: »

If this bug was the other way around how many posts do yo u think there would be stating "OMFG MYTHIC IS ON DESTROS COCK!!!!!"

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    I asked about that one time, and I guess it's because when there are multiple warbands you can't communicate with each other? There should really be a way around that, though :/.

ETA: I agree that even using /2 instead of /1 would be better!

/1 is Region General
    /2 is Region-RvR and you join it automatically when you enter an RvR lake. It is FOR RvR so everyone in the zone isn't spammed by "omgomgomg dont cap the point yet my friend isnt here!"

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My Shadow Warrior is 22 now so I decided it's alt time. I made a Black Orc on Red Eye Mountain. Who does I talk to about joining The Six Mouths?

Defenestrator on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So I've only put about 40 minutes into the Keg End Live Event, which is ending... like in 24 hours or less, and already I've got 3 events complete, working on four more, know I can easily do at least two more in an hour or so, and I've found a r35 Battle Brew Backpack.

Now all I need is some random party of folk to wander by and offer to run the oRvR parts with me and I can do this thing in record time.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've done everything but the Ogre Tyrents and drank all 100 barrels and I'm not even at the 2nd reward yet. Keg End sucks.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Man what? I thought the inf was going up slowly but I figured I'd get at least the second reward.

I really don't know what's up with Mythic's influence system for Live Events. Either it's too easy or it takes FOREVER.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    My Shadow Warrior is 22 now so I decided it's alt time. I made a Black Orc on Red Eye Mountain. Who does I talk to about joining The Six Mouths?

do a /who the six, ask if an officer is around.

Hiryu02 on
This discussion has been closed.