As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Phalla VIII/SignUps Closed/ Start Date Set

1234568»

• gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tofu wrote:
    Is there a rule set anywhere? I'd be interested in playing depending on how much time you actually have to devote to the game.
    Make an effort, make the votes.

Don't just be one of those,

I post shit, but I !vote for so and so!.

That is chickenshit.

If I end up a bad guy, that is basically my entire public strategy.

I really need to fix that.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for the middle of the week

Leitner on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.
    I also vote for !whenever is more convenient to start.

tofu on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    tofu wrote:
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.
    Ok, you are the last straggler...FOR SERIOUS

Wednesday the 7th of February at 8 am CST is now the official start date and time.

Voting will end at about 9 pm CST every night...this could get a little shaky on the weekends but we can all stay up late then.

Dynagrip on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tofu wrote:
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.

Wednesday the 7th of February at 8 am CST is now the official start date and time.

Voting will end at about 9 pm CST every night...this could get a little shaky on the weekends but we can all stay up late then.

Oh shits, forgot to sign up. Oh well, if you need a backup or if there is idle people not playing like there is everyday, im your man, cause I gots the experience and everyone loves to hate me.

precisionk on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tofu wrote:
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.

Oh shits, forgot to sign up. Oh well, if you need a backup or if there is idle people not playing like there is everyday, im your man, cause I gots the experience and everyone loves to hate me.

Dude, you're no aroduc.

Fencingsax on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tofu wrote:
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.

Not true; I was quite fond of you in the Lovecraft game. :P

Elendil on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tofu wrote:
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.

Oops, I didn't realize signups were closed (the OP says noon on the 5th). Thanks for letting me in.

tofu on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Elendil wrote:
    precisionk wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    tofu wrote:
    Why not give it a try?

I !sign up.

Not true; I was quite fond of you in the Lovecraft game. :P
    I sitll have <3 for you Elendil.

precisionk on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Has anyone not received their PM yet? Because I haven't received mine yet.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:

Yes.

Aroduc on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I haven't gotten one either.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, we need a Reign of Terror Phalla. I'd do it, but I think the line for waiting is somewhat long.

Fencingsax on
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Man, we need a Reign of Terror Phalla. I'd do it, but I think the line for waiting is somewhat long.
    The line for waiting? To the best of my knowledge, no one's lined up for the next phalla.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    The line for waiting? To the best of my knowledge, no one's lined up for the next phalla.

BAGSIES!

Fencingsax on
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    Impatience is not a virtue among the Phallenic race...

Dynagrip on
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    There aren't very many virtues to speak of when your culture's very name is based off the root word for penis.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mtvcdm wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    There aren't very many virtues to speak of when your culture's very name is based off the root word for penis.
    Maybe in your language, but in Phallesian it means something else.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote:
    mtvcdm wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Maybe in your language, but in Phallesian it means something else.
    Does it mean vagina in Phallesian?

Couscous on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

BAGSIES!

RAWR! ACCURSED FIEND!

Seriously, where does this thing come up? Is it just "I'll take the next one in line" and people are like "Cool"?

Because if so, I want the one after FencingSax.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

I swear Hacksaw was planning to do one and asked Shinto to do a mini phalla game for inbetween the mega ones. So me and Cass called dibs for after, but than Dyna does his so we are not sure if there is even a line anymore.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
    edited February 2007
    Man, we need some kind of Phalla Assignment Management System.

Maybe we'll get a sticky thread, where people post that they want to host a forum game (phalla or otherwise), and edit it out when they change their minds or hold their games. Then we'll just go down the list in order.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:

Maybe we'll get a sticky thread, where people post that they want to host a forum game (phalla or otherwise), and edit it out when they change their minds or hold their games. Then we'll just go down the list in order.

I think this is actually a good fucking idea.

real_pochacco on
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:

Since me and Cass called dibs like a month ago, and Dyna just started to want to do one like a week ago, however I really like Dyna's idea for this phalla so I don't really care. But I don't want more people making their phalla before us. Also tux wants to do one too, so if he still wants to I would probably be safe to say for him to go after me and Cass since I don't remember anyone else calling dibs after us.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:

Thanks. I PMed ElJeffe about it, we'll see if it gets done.

And now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember Saburbia and Cass calling a Phalla. But my long-term memory's been shot to hell by years of drinking, and it was a month ago, so it's kinda hazy. Sorry you guys.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    Richy wrote:

And now that you mention it, I do vaguely remember Saburbia and Cass calling a Phalla. But my long-term memory's been shot to hell by years of drinking, and it was a month ago, so it's kinda hazy. Sorry you guys.

I like Greek history so I don't care about waiting a while longer. Plus ours will be about being trapped in a castle (not sure how we are going to write that out yet), and I think I'm going to allow people who want, to send in names and some background info they want for their character for us to incorporate into the roles. Since I really liked the individual pm roles Shinto did, I kinda want to do something similar.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited February 2007
    Saburbia wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:

I swear Hacksaw was planning to do one and asked Shinto to do a mini phalla game for inbetween the mega ones. So me and Cass called dibs for after, but than Dyna does his so we are not sure if there is even a line anymore.
    I called Cutsies.

Dynagrip on
  • Andrew_JayAndrew_Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Richy wrote:
    Richy wrote:

Yeah, that is a good idea. I sort of mentioned in the [chat] that I had one in the works - though I'd be happy to work with someone else to get extra input/spread the work out. It has a Cold War spy theme, think of the Cambridge Five, or something written by John LeCarre.

Andrew_Jay on
    edited February 2007
    And now I've got a Phalla based on The Mole. (ABC reality show, hosted by Anderson Cooper, it rocked.) We really need a queue.

I've hosted online reality games before, apparently good ones. I specialized in twists. Lots of them, rapid-fire, until your head spun right off your shoulders. There's some stuff up my sleeve I never got to use.

Gosling on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Richy wrote:

Yeah, that is a good idea. I sort of mentioned in the [chat] that I had one in the works - though I'd be happy to work with someone else to get extra input/spread the work out. It has a Cold War spy theme, think of the Cambridge Five, or something written by John LeCarre.
    We really do need a queue, because I specifically remember me and Gig having plans to co-host a Phalla at some point.

Hacksaw on
    edited February 2007
    Well that's it. I still have no news from ElJeffe, but I'm starting the Upcoming Games thread without his permission. I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen?

EDIT:
    Game Registration Thread is up. Sign up to get your Phalla!

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Richy wrote:

We really do need a queue, because I specifically remember me and Gig having plans to co-host a Phalla at some point.

yea thats why I didnt say anything when Dyna made his since we were behind you two, and if you two didn't seem to be bothered than we were okay with it.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    edited February 2007
    Hacksaw wrote:
    Andrew_Jay wrote:
    Richy wrote:
    Richy wrote:

I kind of remember a not too long ago Phalla that you were involved in and thought you wouldn't mind a bit more time to lay out and like, I dunno, make sure your schedule was clear.

Dynagrip on