As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Must Own Gamecube Games

2»

• Options
    DrakmathusDrakmathus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    i like the pop when the sun comes up. and banging a dozen chicks at a time and dieing from it. what a way to go

Drakmathus on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Burnout 2. If you have it on no other system, it is, IMO, the best console for it due to the superior shoulder buttons which make for brilliant gas and brake pedals. Unlike other multiplatform games, the difference between the xbox and cube version is pretty minimal, as criterion actually gave a fuck.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Vert1Vert1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Buy Radio Allergy when it comes out this month.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg
    Sleep wrote: »
    Vert1 wrote: »
    I'd like to ask everyone here one question. What is a game?

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    HtR-Laser wrote:
    Drakmathus wrote:
    i like cubivore

This is a good suggestion, if not for the fact that most people will probably never see a copy, ever. Very relaxing game, though.
    I absolutely love this game, and it charming piano music.

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    ChenjesuChenjesu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It was mentioned in a list earlier, but F-Zero GX.

I don't like racing games in general, but this one is amazing, and really fun. Also really fucking hard if you want to try to unlock everything.

Other than that, Eternal Darkness is a masterpiece.

If you can get 3 friends together, Super Smash Bros. Melee is easy to pick up, but offers mind game opportunies with high level players that will rival any other fighting game. (As long as you're playing with people who like fun and aren't total assholes).

Chenjesu on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Eternal Darkness is amazing but what the developers threw at you in the last bit of the game is unforgivable.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    ChenjesuChenjesu Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Vert1 wrote:
    Eternal Darkness is amazing but what the developers threw at you in the last bit of the game is unforgivable.

Guh? I'm trying to think of what you mean and failing. I thought the very end was mediocre, but not bad or abominable.

Then again, I've beaten Syphon Filter, and no end fight can suck worse than that.

Chenjesu on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Battalion Wars.

Well worth the ten bucks you can buy it for at EB.

New, too.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The end really hurt the overall value of the game. The last section of the game has you running around for what seemed like hours trying to activate the tower. This would be fun if the environment/level structure wasn't so boring and open (most the game had you confined in some place). It was here that I got fed up of the "I've run too much and I'm tired" shit they have. It just felt way too tedious.

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It is notable that O~3 Entertainment (publishers of Alien Hominid and Chaos Field) will be publishing Raijurugi/Radigry/Radilgary/etc. on the Gamecube in the United States in the near future under the name Radio Allergy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8F4aYqUVTI

If you don't buy this game then you're a freak.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I actually picked up a few Gamecube games today. Fye was doing trade 2 get 1 used game under $20 free. I got rid of some ancient ps2 sports games and got Re4 and Billy Hatcher. Also bought Paper Mario and some Wii games.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I was somewhat interested in Billy Hatcher from the demo. Is it worth having in your game library?

Vert1 on
    blood_berry_new.jpg

A lower form of sex.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Vert1 wrote:
    I was somewhat interested in Billy Hatcher from the demo. Is it worth having in your game library?
    No clue. I bought Madden, Trauma Center and Zelda today so the Cube games haven't been touched! Got Rayman last night too...I've been busy :)
    I'd be interested to hear opinions on it too.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    I would consider these Must haves:

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
    Baten Kaitos
    Baten Kaitos Origins
    Lost Kingdoms
    Lost Kingdoms II
    Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II
    Phantasy Star Online Episode III C.A.R.D Revolution
    Skies of Arcadia Legends
    Evolution World
    Virtua Fighter
    Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
    Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
    Harvest Moon: Magical Melodies

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    As someone who has no idea whatsoever about Metal Gear Solid in general, talk to me about Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I know they're a remake of 1 and 2, and there are Snakes involved. That's the extent of my knowledge.

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    BTP wrote:
    As someone who has no idea whatsoever about Metal Gear Solid in general, talk to me about Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. I know they're a remake of 1 and 2, and there are Snakes involved. That's the extent of my knowledge.
    Twin Snakes is a remake of only the first one, with some pretty slick visuals.
    The 3D metal gears are stealth games, with strange (some might say "retarded") plot twists and some pretty cool characters. The ninja in twin snakes is worth the price of entry.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm having a tough time finding info on Radio Allergy, what's the date/price, and does anyone have any videos that weren't removed from Youtube?

bruin on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Billy Hatcher is a three-dimensional platformer made by Sonic Team.

That should really tell you everything you need to know right there.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    bruin wrote:
    I'm having a tough time finding info on Radio Allergy, what's the date/price, and does anyone have any videos that weren't removed from Youtube?
    Within the next 2 weeks. Should be a semi budget title.

Videos? Good luck. All we have are screenshots...

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    hambone wrote:
    As I have said already. It's old and it't outdated, just like all last gen recommend threads.

Then feel free to add to it. The most recent post is from today. Before that it's from October, around the time games stoppped coming out for the Gamecube.

There's absolutely no reason for us to go through this six times a month.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    plufim wrote:
    BTP wrote:
    The 3D metal gears are stealth games, with strange (some might say "retarded") plot twists and some pretty cool characters. The ninja in twin snakes is worth the price of entry.
    Some might say "genius", but to each his own.

Renzo on
  • Options
    TzenTzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Renzo wrote:
    plufim wrote:
    BTP wrote:
    Some might say "genius", but to each his own.

I'm gonna have to go with "retarded", myself. That doesn't mean the games aren't... solid. They are.

Kitamura, however, is a genius. If you don't buy/own Twin Snakes, you owe it to yourself to see the cinematics if you are a fan of "action" films. Yes, they are far beyond just "over the top". No, Snake isn't supposed to be Jesus meets the Matrix. Yes, they are still fucking awesome cut scenes despite those things.

Here's a trailer with a lot of the goodness:

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=742

I think it's Trailer 3.

Tzen on
  • Options
    dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    bruin wrote:

Trailer here:

http://radioallergy.o3ent.com/trailer/radiGC_playmov0119.wmv

and website can be found here:

http://radioallergy.o3ent.com/

looks fun

dantree on
    psn: dantree
  • Options
    smallmouthsmallmouth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    bruin wrote:
    Within the next 2 weeks. Should be a semi budget title.

Videos? Good luck. All we have are screenshots...

There's tons of videos on youtube. You just have to search for "Radilgy" or "Radirgy." The game was also released on the Dreamcast. I have the Japanese version for the Gamecube, though I haven't played it much.

smallmouth on
    PSN: smh17; Wii code: 0022 6537 1791 3136, Zune: smh17
  • Options
    smallmouthsmallmouth Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    Rebel Strike. If only for fully co-op Rogue Leader

Is the version of Rogue Leader in Rebel Strike single-player as well?

On topic:

The only game not mentioned yet is Super Monkey Ball—just make sure you get the first one.

smallmouth on
    PSN: smh17; Wii code: 0022 6537 1791 3136, Zune: smh17
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    hambone wrote:
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    hambone wrote:
    As I have said already. It's old and it't outdated, just like all last gen recommend threads.

Then feel free to add to it. The most recent post is from today. Before that it's from October, around the time games stoppped coming out for the Gamecube.

There's absolutely no reason for us to go through this six times a month.
    Easier said than done.

a) Hardly anyone goes to the forum knowledge page, so it's not referenced and verified.

b) I can probably fill the GC page, but I've actually been looking for the PS2 page, which I don't know much of.

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    Eggplant WizardEggplant Wizard Little Rock, ARRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

Baten Kaitos
    Baten Kaitos Origins
    Lost Kingdoms
    Lost Kingdoms II
    Skies of Arcadia Legends
    Evolution World
    Virtua Fighter

Evolution Worlds? Are you high? I realize that "must own" is subjective, but you are just giving bad advice here.

Eggplant Wizard on
    Hello
  • Options
    edited February 2007

Baten Kaitos
    Baten Kaitos Origins
    Lost Kingdoms
    Lost Kingdoms II
    Skies of Arcadia Legends
    Evolution World
    Virtua Fighter

Evolution Worlds? Are you high? I realize that "must own" is subjective, but you are just giving bad advice here.
    Virtual Figheter? I think he meant Virtua Quest, which means this list is just a list of all RPG-ish games.

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    Eggplant WizardEggplant Wizard Little Rock, ARRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    Virtual Figheter? I think he meant Virtua Quest, which means this list is just a list of all RPG-ish games.

And he left out Tales of Symphonia. I must say I'm curious to know if this was an accidental omission, or if he really thinks PSO III, which apparently exists, is a must-own while Tales of Symphonia is not.

Eggplant Wizard on
    Hello
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

He/she is the resident RPG fanboy/girl, who would play with a turd if you could level up its stinkiness and poopiness by doing so.

Gaming-Module on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    dantree wrote:
    bruin wrote:

Trailer here:

http://radioallergy.o3ent.com/trailer/radiGC_playmov0119.wmv

and website can be found here:

http://radioallergy.o3ent.com/

looks fun
    Ahhh, thanks. Looks pretty cool. Says it ships 2/27 too.
    smallmouth wrote:
    There's tons of videos on youtube. You just have to search for "Radilgy" or "Radirgy." The game was also released on the Dreamcast. I have the Japanese version for the Gamecube, though I haven't played it much.
    Thanks! Definitely looks pretty cool.

bruin on
  • Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    These suggestions are all top notch, thanks guys. I'm going through RE4 now and loving it. After that I'll hit up MP. I'm not really sure how many classic GC games I'll be able to get through before real stuff for the Wii starts coming out. I would doubt more than a couple more past MP, though. I think I'm kind of in the same boat as Lunker, where I can only play epic JRPGs on my handhelds now. I think I'm spoiled by them.

Mace1370 on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but there are topics like this almost every week and a good bit of info can be found in this one. That being said I hate getting a link to a thread in reply to a question, so here's my post :)

I've got a pretty odd taste in Gamecube games. I got it when I was 12 or 13 and loved it. It's a fantastic console for RPGs, but I don't really care for them anymore - I used to the four or five years ago it came out.

If you like RPGs, be sure to pick up Paper Mario. I can give this game a seal of approval. I bought it for my sister last year, and even though I'm not a fan of RPGs I liked it for a little while until I got bored of it.

I hear Tales of Symphonia is excellent as well (that's already been suggested, though).

I hear Beyond Good & Evil is great, but I've never seen this game to buy.

I also can't believe I haven't played these, but I hear Super Monkey Ball is great.

So here's my definitive list of games, with those out of the way:

-Metroid Prime 1 + Strategy Guide
    -Metroid Prime 2 (If you end up liking the first one)
    -Super Smash Bros. Melee
    -Zelda: Wind Waker
    -Zelda: Twilight Princess
    -Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
    -Pikmin 1
    -Pikmin 2 (If you end up liking the first one and want a LOT more game)

I personally don't like Super Mario Sunshine. I thought Mario 64 was better in a lot of ways. I don't recommend Luigi's Mansion either. Maybe if the system was brand-new and you could buy 4 games.. :P

Black Ice on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Beyond Good & Evil
    Soul Calibur (one or two, whichever)
    SSX and SSX Tricky
    Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
    Metroid Prime (didn't care so much for the second one)

Wow, my list of GC games isn't that long. I can't comment on the Zelda games, I just haven't played any of them. Wind Waker has my interest, but I no longer have a GC, just those games mentioned above...

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I need a PS2 thread to pop up. Just spent $67 on the GTA trilogy, both Max Paynes, and Katamari.

And, um, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door is a must have.

Gim on
  • Options
    coffin joecoffin joe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gladius is really damn good if you like turn based strategy.

coffin joe on
    I can smell ants.
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Super Smash Brothers Melee.

by far my most played game of last gen. Add a few joints/beers for the ultimate night in with the lads.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My favourite games of last gen were Pikmin 2, Chibi Robo, Wind Waker and RE4. Of course, I only had a Cube. I would have loved to try God of War, Katamari, Shadow of the Colossus, and Ninja Gaiden Black.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018