As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Navigate the Conversation Sea on a [Chat]amaran

• Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Desdemona. You can call her Dezzy for short.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Sneezy, after my allerigic reaction to cats.

Also ND aren't there any classes you can take that don't have purposely vague as shit titles to them so they can't pull that sort of shit on you? Like, "3D Modeling I" or "Intro to Maya" or "Learn You Some Z-Brush" or "Rigging Some Damn 3d Character Dammit"? I wouldn't trust any class which has a title consisting entirely of buzzwords.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    multimoog wrote: »
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    How about Roland? That's a good name.

Maybe for a boy cat

which it is not

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGG!!!

Where is you been, mang?

Also, name your cat Kuzo.

or Felicia
    or Ms. Pounce
    or Bellatrix
    or Lady Killington

Tam on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bah! I'm in another drawing dry spell. Its got me all bugaboo. It seems like this happens every time I become exceedingly stressed, anxious, and/or angry. Its strange the way it works. My only method of venting becomes null whenever I need to vent the most. Perhaps my brain has become retarded.

Are you still complaining about everything ever always or have you gotten past that? It's been a while.

In other news: NAME MY NEW CAT

Photo12.jpg

That right there is a Piggleton, namely because his belly looks pink and shaved close like a pig, but he has more majesty than a standard pig.

Shiboe on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FUUUUUUUUUCK

They switched my professors around for my Digital Design Aesthetics class, so now I'm not going to do any 3D modeling (the REASON I'm taking this course) and instead it's like fucking 2D design ALL OVER AGAIN.

FIRST FUCKING PROJECT:

A BLIND CONTOUR, WITH LIKE 3 CRITIQUE CLASSES...EDITED

IN

FUCKING

PHOTOSHOP

ARE YOU SHITTING ME

ARE YOU SHITTING ON MY FACE RIGHT NOW

YES I THINK SO

I'd just like to say this made me laugh out loud at work. For delivery, not content.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shiboe it is a girl cat

Tam on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    How about Roland? That's a good name.

Maybe for a boy cat

which it is not

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGG!!!

Where is you been, mang?

Working (for Wikipedia). I work all the time now, unfortunately not drawing much. I do a lot of (bad) graphic design though! I haven't come back here a lot because I hardly draw these days and it fills me with molten-hot shame, seeing the excellent stuff everyone else is doing.

But! When a cat needs naming, I know the group to turn to.

edit: Pinkbelly is from the spaying, I would make Bob Barker so proud

multimoog on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think you should name it after the greatest comic cat on the intertron, Meowser.

Mustang on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Also ND aren't there any classes you can take that don't have purposely vague as shit titles to them so they can't pull that sort of shit on you? Like, "3D Modeling I" or "Intro to Maya" or "Learn You Some Z-Brush" or "Rigging Some Damn 3d Character Dammit"? I wouldn't trust any class which has a title consisting entirely of buzzwords.

Hey! I'm allergic to cats too. Go us!

I was told by the chair of this dept. that "oh, but you DO do 3D modeling in Digital Design Aesthetics" when I asked her. (This is the prerequisite to the REAL "MODELING, MATERIALS AND LIGHTING" course). This is why I'm taking it - because at the time, the professor I was taking it with was "really good" and actually delved into Maya a bit.

I'm going to speak with her ASAP though and say "hey...you remember when? ...yeah, it's not 3D modeling, AT ALL. Switch plz". Hopefully I won't have to run through a billion hoops again if this gets approved though.

The only problem that could happen with my request (because, luckily, my schedule does not interfere with EITHER of the 3D modeling course times) would be that they'd consider it "too much". I already got out of the computer courses to take this, and had like two waivers signed. Drop add week is only FOUR DAYS LONG, so I assume I'm pretty fucked. I can't get all that this signed all over again in time.

FUCKERS.

Oooooh gaaaaawwd this is going to suck so hard. 3 critiques?? Really? For a BLIND CONTOUR? And I'll be taking this class with GAME MAJORS, TOTALLY known for their MAD DRAWIN' SKILLZ. This will be such a challenge!!! Excuse me while I shoot myself in the neck. Oh shit! Let's edit it in Photoshop! On the syllabus it says: some of the tools you'll be using most are "selection tools, paintbrushes, paint bucket, cloning stamp tool, blur and dodge
    tools, eraser, crop tool, filters, and various transparencies. Do not be afraid to experiment."

OH SHIT

I'M GOING TO EXPERIMENT MY ASS OFF

IN PHOTOSHOP

CHECK OUT THIS SWEET LENS FLARE MOTHERFUCKERS

THAT'S RIGHT

I JUST BLEW YOUR FUCKING MINDS

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Shiboe it is a girl cat

Ok how bout Poopti (poop+tee) Because science tells me that she is an excellent pooper.

Shiboe on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    selection tools [...] eraser, crop tool

ADVANCED TECHNIQUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Because science tells me that she is an excellent pooper.

She is! She goes right where she's supposed to.

multimoog on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    ND, be sure to open up the levels function and face a room of :o

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Night Dragon At School - Episode One:

But I thought a "crop" was what ma pah gun does all the rapes in!

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Hey! I'm allergic to cats too. Go us!

Hi 5!

I just gave myself an empathy-laden facepalm of reading that class description.

I'd draw you something to cheer you up, but I'm in the middle of packing shit and my wacom is in a box somewhere. Perhaps I will try to make something in PS using selection tools, the paintbrush, paint bucket, cloning stamp, blur, dodge, eraser, and/or crop tools. Maybe toss in some filters, or transparency effects.

But more likely not, because it'd probably turn out looking like some shitty art school project and that's enough to ruin anyone's day.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    good luck, ND, in all seriousness. i just had to deal with a semester of people doing similar things and calling it art. things like taking a black and white picture and shifting the black (and grayscale) parts to red. that's it. that was submitted for an assignment.

have fun!

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    good luck, ND, in all seriousness. i just had to deal with a semester of people doing similar things and calling it art. things like taking a black and white picture and shifting the black (and grayscale) parts to red. that's it. that was submitted for an assignment.

PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH KICK KICK KICK KICK

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Heh, art school.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    it kind of saddens me that i got through this art degree, because i'm not nearly as good as i should be. the standards here appear to be incredibly lax.

of course, i only really started working on my stuff six months ago.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    it kind of saddens me that i got through this art degree, because i'm not nearly as good as i should be. the standards here appear to be incredibly lax.

If you pay me several thousand dollars a year, I'll punch and kick you until you get better.

The preceding pause was to let it sink in that such an absurd idea is actually less ridiculous and more likely to be effective than what you are doing presently.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bacon should know, since he just enrolled himself in that program.

rts on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH KICK KICK KICK KICK

Hahahaha...

Jesus, I feel like I'm going to rape everybody's mind when I give critiques. I hope I don't offend the professor, in all seriousness...when some twit shows us his DODGE/BURN LAWL, and I tell him to try to avoid those tools...WHEN THEY'RE ON THE SYLLABUS.

In trying to cope with this matter, I'm wondering if I should just say "'kay, sweet" to getting a shit-easy class...because hey! More time to work on portfolio and other classwork, right?

I am fucking REFUSING to buy the $50 book though. FUCK that shit. I read some of the reviews on Amazon...I'll browse through it in the school bookstore, but fuck no am I buying that - it's all "value? lineweight? COLOR? OH SHIT#RWhfuilehfjqa" *head explode*

Maybe I'll buy the 1st version (we need the 2nd) on Amazon for $7. I think I'm going to ask the professor "how much will we be actually USING this book?" because it's my favorite thing in the fucking world when a professor gives you a materials list or a book and you NEVER USE ANY OF IT. Thanks professor! Glad you understand that we all have disposable incomes!

RGAHRGHARGHA

Okay bedtime before I rage all over the place.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Bacon should know, since he just enrolled himself in that program.

And if that doesn't work, I'm going to hire some thugs to lock me in a hotel room for 15 years with nothing but Gnomon DVDs on the TV, Oldboy-style.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

If you pay me several thousand dollars a year, I'll punch and kick you until you get better.

The preceding pause was to let it sink in that such an absurd idea is actually less ridiculous and more likely to be effective than what you are doing presently.
    well what i'm doing presently is working through loomis books, so that's working pretty well

but this is a really... self-directed? school and i wasn't directing myself at all until this semester

at least the english part of my double major taught me a lot

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    So I want to draw something...what should I draw?

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    draw the artist's circle of hell

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    DONGS LOL

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    well what i'm doing presently is working through loomis books, so that's working pretty well

but this is a really... self-directed? school and i wasn't directing myself at all until this semester

I'll direct you.

WITH MY FIST.

Also ND if you can't get out of this class, depending on the prof and how charismatic/schmoozy you are, it is at least sometimes possible just to be like, "Hey I can destroy your face with my several hundred years of photoshop experience, so can I just use this class as an independent study for <INSERT PERSONAL PROJECT HERE>? You just sit over there and don't do anything and I'll make a cool thing (IN THREE DEE OOOOOOHHH) and then you can circus seal clap at the end of the semester like you actually did something." *

*don't use these exact words

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

think of something

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The only really depressing thing about it is that you still have to pay for the class. Just seems like a waste of perfectly good art money.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Draw a cat and a pig driving a Caterham.

Asking people what to draw is always a bad idea because if they were willing to put in the thought to come up with a good idea, they'd draw it themselves.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fair enough. Maybe I will work on my epic personal project then.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I probably should have waited until after you drew my dumb idea to say that.

Because probably now I'm going to end up drawing it, and man what a fucking waste of time that's gonna be.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Haha, luckily your wacom is packed away. Of course, you could always use a pencil.

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Cake, do something with a Japanese style composition. Vertical perspective with objects moving away the farther up you go in the painting.

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Haha, luckily your wacom is packed away. Of course, you could always use a pencil.

A what?!

Oh, I get it, you're just trying to scare me with your fancy art talk.

Yeah, I'm totally going to...uh...chiaroscuro up some vanishing point contrapastos on gesso drybrush. :wink:

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OH SHIT

I'M GOING TO EXPERIMENT MY ASS OFF

IN PHOTOSHOP

CHECK OUT THIS SWEET LENS FLARE MOTHERFUCKERS

THAT'S RIGHT

I JUST BLEW YOUR FUCKING MINDS

Hey you just explained all of the shit my group did in photoshop. And got praised for it.

Especially the lens flare part.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Cake, do something with a Japanese style composition. Vertical perspective with objects moving away the farther up you go in the painting.

Example?

rts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    ...kneaded eraser?

multimoog on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, can we please draw some more dongs.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Example?

Better suggestion. Draw a 1920's style boxer fighting a realistic whale (he's just sitting there crushing himself on land) in the Roman Colosseum. Somewhere in there Bill and Ted are having a totally excellent adventure.

Shiboe on
This discussion has been closed.