As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Free Trials, ask for one in the thread.

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So wait, BG's aren't ass kickers? I was hoping to be a high durability face smasher....

You'd probably find Blorcs more to your taste as BG's are arguably the weakest tank in the game.

With Blorcs in T4 those suckers just do NOT die!

Sadly they do have a lot of trouble killing anything, though.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah I opted to roll a WL on badlands, I've always been partial to pet classes, and the squigy just doesn't do it for me.

I know this is kind of what I did at release, switch around classes and then get frustrated. I just hope this time one of the PA guilds actually invites me!

Edit: I also hope that I atleast level each class to 11-12, that seemed a good testing point for the BG, and when I was able to see how other classes performed once a little more fleshed out in the T2 SC's

Anon the Felon on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm enjoying my Engineer. Nothing like standing waist deep in Greenskins alongside my turret.

Wallhitter on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does anyone actually use the TSM channel anymore?

I keep whispering people and talking in there to try to get a guild invite, but none of the officers ever seem to be on. I'm a Goblin Squig-Herder named Splug, if it matters.

Thanatos on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

I keep whispering people and talking in there to try to get a guild invite, but none of the officers ever seem to be on. I'm a Goblin Squig-Herder named Splug, if it matters.

Splug?!

That should have gotten you an auto-guild invite.

DarkPrimus on
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanatos wrote: »

I'll keep an eye out for you tonight, and if an officer is on I'll see about asking about an invite.

But yeah, not a lot of people in the channel. Best to do a /who the six and ask if there is an officer on.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So can people connect right now? I can't.

DarkPrimus on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    I just did.

Also I have a few free trials left.

Unknown User on
  • FryholeFryhole Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've got 3 trials available, if somebody wants one send me the e-mail you want it sent to via PM.

Fryhole on
  • YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Accualt wrote: »
    Lots of text

That was the first ORvR I participated in with my DoK since I returned. What a blast, I'm so impressed with the DoK's healing ability especially if my whole group is getting hit thanks to the chalice change. I think that was the first time I ever took a defended keep. I was so impressed with how people outside of TSM actually followed directions. It's amazing what can be done when people actually work together.

As an aside there needs to be a refuse option if you win a gold bag. I won two during that run and had to take coins the second time. A waste of a gold bag to say the least. Now to see how my DoK fairs in T3 since I hit 23 last night.

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Has Mythic patched in the few classes that were cut late in beta? I played WAR a bit at launch, but I never really got into it, because the class I wanted to play was cut.

Lucascraft on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Has Mythic patched in the few classes that were cut late in beta? I played WAR a bit at launch, but I never really got into it, because the class I wanted to play was cut.

The Blackguard and the Knight of the Blazing Sun were patched in. The Choppa and Hammerer are currently in limbo.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really want to get into this game, but the sheer lack of greenskins (only one playable class as an actualy Ork?) is kind of a turn off. Any word on whether that cut ork class is going to find its way back into the game?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Alright, I'm not sure if my computer will run this as it barely failed the systemrequirementslab test but when this happens I can usually run games great, like Left4Dead. So if anyone wants to potentially waste a trial code toss me one.

*edit*
    I didn't even realize this thread hit 100.

I guess I'll repost in the new thread.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    edited January 2009
    I really want to get into this game, but the sheer lack of greenskins (only one playable class as an actualy Ork?) is kind of a turn off. Any word on whether that cut ork class is going to find its way back into the game?

They are announcing a "big" thing soon, sometime this spring. Very likely it will be the last 2 cut careers. The Choppa is favored to return, but the Hammerer looks like history. This is indirectly confirmed by a euro CM commenting that the Hammerer assets that some people were able to access recently were "leftovers from beta" and the Hammerer would not be returning.

Slayer is the favored replacement.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

There is no definitive answer, but GOA said that two new classes were "on the horizon", so they'll eventually put in the two classes. What those classes will actually be, is anyones guess, because Mythic had earlier gone out and said that either the choppa or the hammerer is going to get cut and replaced by something else

the popular theory though is that the hammerer is getting replaced with a slayer, and that the choppa is staying.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Choppa is what I wanted to play. I too was disappointed when there was only one real orc on the greenskin team.

Lucascraft on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited January 2009
    Choppa and Hammerer will come in with the Orc/Dwarf cities

and its hard to get rid of the Choppa because theres literally like, no other types of orcs. They're all just Choppas with different weapons (and Arrer Boyz but we have squig herders already)

Unknown User on
    edited January 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    Choppa and Hammerer will come in with the Orc/Dwarf cities

and its hard to get rid of the Choppa because theres literally like, no other types of orcs. They're all just Choppas with different weapons (and Arrer Boyz but we have squig herders already)

As much as I want you to be right, I hope they don't delay the careers to get them in with the cities, the cities could be their own damn patch.

Also, I still hope for slayers, if only because hammerers don't excite me, and the concept art looks too close to a IB, just with less armor. i want there to be strong differences between the classes.

Also, the Hammerer mechanic was based around kd's, right? If so, with the amount of griping right now about cc, I can't see the Hammerer making it in with that mechanic, especially if immunity timers get buffed.

At least with the Slayer they have the option to use a more berserker-type mechanic, coincidentally one that would also work well for their mirror, the Choppa.

Edit: On a random note, anyone remember the webcomic thesecretlivesofmobs? I loved that one. Good art, funny writing, especially the one about the battle fought over the penis-shaped rock. It got hacked though, sad times.

Hiryu02 on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Man, that comic had some serious Buckley-face going. I couldn't read it at all.

A duck! on
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hammerer and IB concept art looks totally different to me. IB armor is far simpler and bulkier while Hammerer armor is very intricate with all kinds of embellishments sticking out.

I know everyone has a hard on for Slayers but as someone who hasn't read any lore outside of the game I find Hammerer's much more appealing than shirtless dwarfs with axes. I mean, shit, bludgeoning your enemies to death with TWO hammers is just awesome. Two axes? Pfff, played out.

But, yeah, it seems rather obvious that the changed class will be a Slayer.

Random question...would you rather see each race get a new class with the first paid expansion pack or get new races? Before you answer let us assume that Skaven would NOT be playable in either case.
    As a Destro player I'd rather have one new class for each race (Beastmasters! Slaanesh Sex Healer! More Orks!) but if I was an Order player I'd want a new race in the hope that I'd have at least one non-lame race to pick from.

Okay so Dwarfs are pretty awesome.

edit: I just checked my Xfire account and it doesn't list me as having played WAR...ever. Fuck you, Xfire, I wanted to know how many hours I've lost to this beast.

Accualt on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I wouldn't mind new classes. If there are new races I hope they don't get a new pairing or anything. Maybe the two classes could be races that don't necessarily have a faction that would normally care about the war. Or races that are on both sides.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey, HEY, Elves are not lame. I have a lion that is all "AWM NOM NOM" and a blindfolded swordmaster.

That's pretty awesome.

I just have to not equip a helm or look retarded.

:(

HappylilElf on
  • darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, would I be able to get one of those free trials?
    I would put in something witty to make me sound less greedy for one, but I can't think of anything :(

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My order of preferance for new things to be patched in would be:
    New Cities with new city dungeons > new city seige mechanic that doesnt require 2 successful fortress seiges in 12 hours. > new classes/races/balancing.

Some slight buffs to Archmage and Swordmaster would not go amiss, and maybe a buff to the feedback mechanic that BW/Sorcs share.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I wouldn't mind if the new cities and city dungeons are the last things on the development list

I'd like it if they fixed forts (so much to be fixed) and then got the two MDPS classes out, since I have been wanting to roll a choppa since beta

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Random question...would you rather see each race get a new class with the first paid expansion pack or get new races?

Adding a 5th class would require adding a new archtype, meaning every race would be getting the same basic class. Shitty.

As for races:

Beastmen/Daemons work nice, one class for each god.
    Nurgle Healer
    Khorne Tank
    Slaanesh MPDS
    Tzeentch RDPS

Lizardmen haet Chaos, and would be a 'cool' race for Order.
    Carnosaur Tamer RDPS
    Mage-Priest Healer
    Chameleon MDPS
    Saurus Tank

Tomb Kings could feature Nagash's return, and from what I've read from quest text, destruction already uses necromancers.
    Ushabti Tank
    Liche Priest Healer
    Chariot Rider MDPS
    Soul Casket RDPS

Vampire Counts fit in the same way TK does.
    Wight Tank
    Vharghulf MDPS
    Necromancer RDPS
    Healer?

Ogres don't take sides.
    Bretonnia sux(Humans are cool!).
    Wood Elves sux(More elves! Just what every MMO needs!)
    Skaven don't like anyone.

Carnarvon on
  • pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just got my refer a friend invite...Jebus Crips the client is 11.0GB!

Guess I'll try playing tomorrow.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    Random question...would you rather see each race get a new class with the first paid expansion pack or get new races?

Adding a 5th class would require adding a new archtype, meaning every race would be getting the same basic class. Shitty.

No reason for that to be the case. I'd expect 3 mirror classes, of course, but each side could get 3 unique classes. Another healing class, maybe with a heavy focus on buffing. New pet class, melee for Destro and ranged for Order. Toss in another DPS class because I don't think we need anymore tanks running around.

Accualt on
  • RockyRocky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    O man I was thinking of either buying this or LOTRO, in other words free trail please?

Rocky on
    LOTRO: Hurindar Halimhar
    GW2: Hurindar
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rocky wrote: »
    O man I was thinking of either buying this or LOTRO, in other words free trail please?

Gotcha.

Well, that does it for my 3 invites. Hopefully one of you 3 decides to stick around. Tier 1 is just a sample, as if a meatball or something with a toothpick in it at the grocery store. You know when you have a taste, you suddenly want another....

>;D

Lucky Cynic on
    edited January 2009
    I find t2 to be really fun. Too fun, I have too many alts!

Accualt on
    edited January 2009
    I have extensive WoW knowledge and skillllzzz. How quickly will I pick this game up?
    Couple of other q's..
    How fast is leveling? Grinding? Questing?
    How awesome is PVP? So awesome?
    How easy is it to obtain "phat loot"
    Is there a lack of healers / tanks that seems to plague WOW?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • CleveraliasCleveralias Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So how are things in T1 on Badlands ? Now that I made it to t4 I'm thinking of starting an Order alt - are the candymancers having the same issues holding on to 40's as T6M ?

Cleveralias on
    jpg.jpg
    XBox360/One/Steam - Cleveralias
    PSN - The_Vandingo
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I started a Witch Elf. Holy fuck are they fun. Plus they're really hot. :P

urahonky on
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So how are things in T1 on Badlands ? Now that I made it to t4 I'm thinking of starting an Order alt - are the candymancers having the same issues holding on to 40's as T6M ?

T1 badlands was pretty rockin' at least before christmas. It's the highest pop server though, so I don't think you should have much of a problem any time.

As to the Candy 40's, I don't think we've had more than a few that left due to boredom, only one off the top of my head due guild issues (and that was way back in the day). Wolve can prolly give better numbers but last I was logging on we would average bout a group and a half t4 most nights. Those numbers keep going up though, fun with alts aside.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    urahonky wrote: »
    So I started a Witch Elf. Holy fuck are they fun. Plus they're really hot. :P

I fucking hate you with every fibre of my being.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have extensive WoW knowledge and skillllzzz. How quickly will I pick this game up?
    Couple of other q's..
    How fast is leveling? Grinding? Questing?
    How awesome is PVP? So awesome?
    How easy is it to obtain "phat loot"
    Is there a lack of healers / tanks that seems to plague WOW?

If you know WoW like the back of your hand, you should be able to adapt to WAR's game fairly easily. Assuming of course you aren't a PvP nub. You will have to toy around with the classes however. They are all fun as hell and youll more than likely have a few alts.

Leveling is as fast as you want it to be. If you get a taste of everything, PvE, PvP, Kill collectors, Public quests etc, you should find yourself leveling up easily and comfortably. I would NOT rush WAR, because you will be skipping out on so much if you just raced to 40. Take you time, join scenarios, and enjoy the game. I leveled up to 40 in 3 months, but all of it was fun and only at rank 39 did I really start doing hard grinding. Your mileage will vary of course.

The PvP is majestic. There are memorable and fun moments in many scenarios and keeps, but they are all flavors of T4 RvR. In a way, T1-T3 is just elaborate training for how to use your character for T4.

Phat loot comes easy enough. You can play the game naked and not get totally owned/1shotted, btw. It's not recommended of course, but it is fun to do in T1. :3

Most of your gear will come from doing quests and getting the rewards as you level up, but the more RvR and dungeons you do, the more epic areas you begin to uncover. You can find yourself some nice pieces of armor, but completing whole sets will challenge you.

WAR's healers and tanks are fun. There really is no class deficits. One of the devs said that there was a 5% gap between the least played class and the most played class. And again, each class has multiple purposes. Healers are also are decent dps, for example.

Lucky Cynic on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Carnarvon wrote: »

While a 5th class for each race doesn't necessarily have to be a new archetype, I still would prefer new factions altogether. And it needs to be Lizardmen and Skaven.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited January 2009
    I have my heart set on a Black Ork I think, thanks :). Depends if I can get my buddies to play, one was a worthless stunty in WOW, so we shall see..

Disorder4lyfe.

TheCrumblyCracker on
This discussion has been closed.