As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Barley[chat]

KilroyKilroy timaeusTestifiedRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Embedding disabled by request.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    VC that eye laser control was sweet but there's no way they'd have all that technology and leave that shit to a human pilot. I wouldn't want them to do that. Anti missiles systems would be automatic.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Sweet enough that I need to get a Skull One kit to add to my fleet.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Morning - What was I doing? Mostly laughing. It would've been hilarious if I'd gotten the [chat] by default. Not that I seriously expected to get it, mind you.

Mojo - Bugger off. You don't like 90% of what I do in [chat] anyway, which is ironic since most of what I do is purely for a laugh. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    VC that eye laser control was sweet but there's no way they'd have all that technology and leave that shit to a human pilot. I wouldn't want them to do that. Anti missiles systems would be automatic.

The lasers are used for things other than missiles. But yeah probably, except then you couldn't show how sweet individual pilots are for being able to shoot down incoming missile-swarms.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

The lasers are used for things other than missiles. But yeah probably, except then you couldn't show how sweet individual pilots are for being able to shoot down incoming missile-swarms.

I bet most of the missiles are being taken out automatically and he's just helping because he likes to show off.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    yay my gf is off to catch her flight home

Morninglord on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    VC - That video you sent looks vaguely familiar. The only Macross branch I can remember seeing is Macross Plus (both the OVA and the movie). Macross Plus was really good.

I seem to remember one with a male, blond, long haired singer character in it, too.

The stories in Macross are usually related to how much war sucks, it seems like.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Greetings fellow insomniacs.

Hachface on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Animu.

Animu never changes.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Haha Jaef I remember you because you came into my ventrillo and said "goddam tfu sucks so badly" and then left and I'm all like "ok that's nice I never said the game was good I just said I liked it"

It was like a ninja whine.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Haha Jaef I remember you because you came into my ventrillo and said "goddam tfu sucks so badly" and then left and I'm all like "ok that's nice I never said the game was good I just said I liked it"
    Did that other guy who was with you have anything to say? Did he comfort you in your hour of need?

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sounds like Jaef'll fit in just fine with [chat] then. :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    JAEF wrote: »
    Did that other guy who was with you have anything to say? Did he comfort you in your hour of need?

No he just joined in with my mockery of your ninja whine.

And then I completely forgot about it until I saw your name just now.

Honestly I just found the whole thing extremely amusing which is why I remember you so well since you made me laugh.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »
    VC - That video you sent looks vaguely familiar. The only Macross branch I can remember seeing is Macross Plus (both the OVA and the movie). Macross Plus was really good.

I seem to remember one with a male, blond, long haired singer character in it, too.

The stories in Macross are usually related to how much war sucks, it seems like.

Yeah, Macross is always about how war is unpleasant and music is magic. I have the two pilots from Macross Plus in this game too. I only ever use Isamu though, because Guld is such a high-strung, anal-retentive douche.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    God that was like five edits right there. You really should stop that Morninglord. To be fair, there is nothing more infuriating than a game with wasted potential. I'm looking at you, wide swath of games I have beef with.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fuck you I'll edit as much as I want it's just how I roll.

edit1: Roll.

edit2: Roll.

real edit: actually this is how I talk in real life to people I'll just say shit then think of the next thing and slowly construct a coherent argument like throwing darts at a dartboard. :P

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    How many people have you murdered with your carelessly constructed sentences, your paragraphs of pain and discord?

Let's just say we're not playing darts anytime soon.

JAEF on
  • Options
    KevinNashKevinNash Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That vid made me think of Yatta

I'm unsure which one is more ridiculous. I have a decent trance remix of
    Dragostea Din Tei though and it's pretty good.

KevinNash on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OP udated to something a little less gay.

I love Dragostea Din Tei, but cannot deny that the video is all kinds of gay.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wow, the first time I took one of those Myers-Briggs Type Indicator tests I was maybe 19 and got I/ENJP. Next, at 20, ENJ/TP. Then, 22, ENTP. Now, at 24, INTP.

I wonder what it'll be next year. :lol:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuck it, AI is a good movie.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

...if you stop watching it when the world freezes and pretend the ending doesn't exist.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

...if you stop watching it when the world freezes and pretend the ending doesn't exist.

Haven't gotten that far yet.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So come on, come on, we've really got a good thing going
    Well come on, well come on, if you think we're gonna make it
    You better hang on to yourself

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Haven't gotten that far yet.

Oh. Sorry.

Actually, I'm not. Do what I suggested.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Uh oh, looks like everyone's going to target Fokker again because he has the least hit-points even though none of them have any chance at all of hitting him and he is guaranteed to hit all of them.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's hard for the ending of a movie to completely ruin it for me. People get too upset about endings.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's the worst film ever made. The ending wasn't the problem, it was the constant, unrelenting awful.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It's the worst film ever made. The ending wasn't the problem, it was the constant, unrelenting awful.

Specifically? Mind you, suspension of disbelief has never been a problem for me. The spinach was rather stupid, though.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's hard for the ending of a movie to completely ruin it for me. People get too upset about endings.

Only because a good ending is one of the most satisfying aspects of any narrative.

I
    M
    O

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Tarranon wrote: »

Only because a good ending is one of the most satisfying aspects of any narrative.

I
    M
    O

Yeah, but like everybody wants a downer ending because they're pessimists or happy endings because they're escapists or whatever and so few people can seem to take an ending on its own merits. Like the ending of Wall-E was fucking perfect and I saw people around here bitching about it. I wanted to monkey stomp them.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wonder - Is it relatively healthy for someone's results in a Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator test to fluctuate? I would imagine that fluctuations in someone who's young are to be expected.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Specifically? Mind you, suspension of disbelief has never been a problem for me. The spinach was rather stupid, though.
    To be honest, it's been years since it came out and I'll never watch it again. I can't remember specific problems, just that a film has never made me so angry. Not even Underworld, which I was so annoyed with I wanted my money back (nevermind that I'd not paid money to see it - it gave rise to the term "antipayment").

For me it defines zero on criticker.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Geeze, is there anything you could say that I would agree with? I mean, seriously.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wonder - Is it relatively healthy for someone's results in a Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator test to fluctuate? I would imagine that fluctuations in someone who's young are expected.

Self-report personality tests in general are highly variable almost day-to-day. It's not healthy or unhealthy, it's just the nature of the beast that is assessing whatever the hell "personality" really is.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wonder - Is it relatively healthy for someone's results in a Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator test to fluctuate? I would imagine that fluctuations in someone who's young are expected.

Self-report personality tests in general are highly variable almost day-to-day. It's not healthy or unhealthy, it's just the nature of the beast that is assessing whatever the hell "personality" really is.

Well, the first three times it was 'administered' by a psychologist. Only the most recent was done on my lonesome. Though I imagine that won't make too much difference.

I see what you're saying, yes.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Geeze, is there anything you could say that I would agree with? I mean, seriously.
    *Jeez.

Oh ho ho.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

To be honest, it's been years since it came out and I'll never watch it again. I can't remember specific problems, just that a film has never made me so angry. Not even Underworld, which I was so annoyed with I wanted my money back (nevermind that I'd not paid money to see it - it gave rise to the term "antipayment").

This is how King Arthur was for me. I was in a group of people that all really wanted to see it, but there was something else out at the time that I wanted to see and I was sitting there being the elitist telling them that it was going to be an unwatchable piece of shit, so they payed for my ticket. I walked out about 20 minutes in and got "my" money back and refused to give it back to them. I said they weren't responsible enough to have it.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

This is how King Arthur was for me. I was in a group of people that all really wanted to see it, but there was something else out at the time that I wanted to see and I was sitting there being the elitist telling them that it was going to be an unwatchable piece of shit, so they payed for my ticket. I walked out about 20 minutes in and got "my" money back and refused to give it back to them. I said they weren't responsible enough to have it.

I don't know if that makes you awesome or a tool.

I can't decide!
    Fellacio may give me the "incentive" to make up my mind :winky:

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
This discussion has been closed.