As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

1555657585961»

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Has anyone done a batman phalla? I want to do a batman miniphalla.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    if my memory hasn't failed me, I believe Thanatos had placed a cap on phalla minis for 20 participants, 25 at the most.
    It's also been pretty roundly ignored. Hell, I'm running a mini with 25 and I'm the one who started them...with a 7 (9?) man game if I recall. The bar has definitely shot upwards.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    if my memory hasn't failed me, I believe Thanatos had placed a cap on phalla minis for 20 participants, 25 at the most.
    It's also been pretty roundly ignored. Hell, I'm running a mini with 25 and I'm the one who started them...with a 7 (9?) man game if I recall. The bar has definitely shot upwards.

When i built my Azumanga phalla I built it around how many days it would last not size. Still was only 25 But it was setup to end within the week.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's funny because I care less about duration than population size. Once you get up to a certain group size the chances of just dying because you need so many deaths to keep things reasonable get too high for preference.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    35 people is still very miniature compared to the normal games we run, where 60 is considered a tiny number to plan for and our record has broken 100 players. I've run exactly 4 minis:

Phalla Cup Soccer was 20 people
    Star Trek: Vendetta was 25
    Phallout II was 25
    Zombie Apocalypse was 31

I consider 25-35 people a very nice number for a miniphalla, considering the number of people we've got playing them and the speed at which the signups fill.

Rend on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    60 is a perfectly fine number to plan for in a Main game; that's about average, I'd say. Numbers approaching 80 or above are anomalous, and are in the upper tail of the distribution. Depending on the season and game theme, the average number fluctuates up and down a bit, but 60 is about the average to plan for. Wasn't it only a few months back where the Main games had only about 50-60 members in each? I'd say that the rule of thumb is to prepare for 60 as a base plan, be ready to shift to 50 if necessary, and think about expansion possibilities if demand is high.

Considering that we are allowed up to three Minis to run simultaneously now, and there seems to be a relatively steady stream of people who want to run them, we don't want to dilute the nature of the Main games, by placing a soft recommendation on size limits for the Minis. 20-30 is my idea of a sweet spot - keeps them below half the size of an average Main to differentiate them enough, while still having enough spots to allow interested players to join.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    Rend, you took my phalla cherry!

I would suggest that 30 be considered the general max size for a mini. Obviously individual phallas may be higher or lower, but if you go any higher than that I would basically consider it a full-throated phalla.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think the idea was to not drain players or their attention from the main games and many others would judge a phalla by playerbase, not by how long it lasts. Unless someone wants to make the appeal for duration instead of size. In the size case, we look for what, 20-25 people I think for a mini? Maybe we could ask for a duration instead, so maybe mini games should go for no longer than 4 days, meaning if you have 40 players, you should expect like 9-10 deaths a night heh.

Ardor on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »
    Rend, you took my phalla cherry!

I would suggest that 30 be considered the general max size for a mini. Obviously individual phallas may be higher or lower, but if you go any higher than that I would basically consider it a full-throated phalla.

:winky::winky::winky:

So what your saying is 30 being a recommended high number of players, then?

Honestly guys I think the way we have things working right now is fine. We don't need to set limits or draw lines, case-by-case judgment calls and judicious use of discretion have served us good and well since the phalla reform. I figure as long as we use our common sense and good judgment we're all in the clear.

Rend on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Doing a Red Mars themed Phalla (the book, not the movie) over in D+D if anyone's particularly interested in playing. Just a couple spots left + reserves.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=79362

Medopine on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If it makes anyone feel better, I had originally planed to only have exactly 24 players. I just came up with too many cool idea that I don't want to cut.

The_Reflection on
This discussion has been closed.