As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Storage Lockers?

ULTRAMURDERSAMULTRAMURDERSAM Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in PAX Archive
Will there be storage lockers at PAX? I'll be checking out of the hotel early to save money but I don't want to carry around my luggage for the last day.

Thanks for reading/answering

I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE PARTY ANIMAL
ULTRAMURDERSAM on

• Options
    ashridahashridah Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Will there be storage lockers at PAX? I'll be checking out of the hotel early to save money but I don't want to carry around my luggage for the last day.

Thanks for reading/answering

There isn't, but depending on the amount, if you signed up for the BYOC, you might be able to use that to store stuff temporarily. reasonable security (other byoc members only allowed in), and it'll last until pax closes. I doubt they'll be happy if it's like 4 suitcases, but something that fit under the desk probably owuldn't be a problem. most people at the byoc store swag with their pc...

ashridah on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There used to be the goat check, but they've done away with that. There is no longer any checked storage at PAX itself. However, a hotel *may* hold your bags for a while, you could check that out.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah if you ask the hotel nicely after you check out they will hold your bags for you for the rest of the day until your flight.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    SakebombSakebomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    proXimity wrote: »
    There used to be the goat check, but they've done away with that.

What??! Where the hell am I supposed to park my goats now?
    However, a hotel *may* hold your bags for a while, you could check that out.
    Last year I arrived at the Sheraton @ noon, but couldn't check in until 3. The front desk lady was nice enough to watch my bags while me and my friends wandered the town for a few hours.
    Just wish the rest of the hotel staff showed the same level of courtesy.....

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sakebomb wrote: »
    There used to be the goat check, but they've done away with that.

What??! Where the hell am I supposed to park my goats now?

That wasn't a typo.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How many people remember this? :P
    46955887_0c5d01e663_b.jpg

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh MBC, how I barely miss thee.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ahh... I miss the MBC... lots of cheap parking around, the goat check, and, oh yeah, BAWLS.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ahh... I miss the MBC... lots of cheap parking around, the goat check, and, oh yeah, CHEAP AND FREEFLOWING BAWLS.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

They do...until they realise that their hotel will soon be swarmed with folks like us.

...And then even more of a realisation that we would seriously clog up their front lobby at the end of the convention.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited January 2009

They do...until they realise that their hotel will soon be swarmed with folks like us.

...And then even more of a realisation that we would seriously clog up their front lobby at the end of the convention.

I have nil sympathy for them. Next time I pax, I'll be staying at the Inn at Queen Anne. I had a MUCH better experience there.

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

I have nil sympathy for them. Next time I pax, I'll be staying at the Inn at Queen Anne. I had a MUCH better experience there.

that's kind of a long walk, do you bring your car?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Only about 2 miles. As cheesy as it sounds, my wife and I like long strolls. And we absolutely love the scenery in Seattle.

Sakebomb on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »

Only about 2 miles. As cheesy as it sounds, my wife and I like long strolls. And we absolutely love the scenery in Seattle.

well, we certainly are a sexy city ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I remember media having lockers but that doesn't help you much does it?

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kropotkin wrote: »
    I remember media having lockers but that doesn't help you much does it?

They we not really lockers, just mainly a small cube... wait, that doesn't help much either.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

Does that last one translate into "Catboy = No"? :P

redhalo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »

Does that last one translate into "Catboy = No"? :P

no, it's mrs. cowardly lion ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Ah, the old goat check sign. I checked a bag there once. When I picked it up, I was asked what it looked like, I responded "a black backpack." She gave me a look and said, "we have lots of those."

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You should have asked for the heaviest one, Moe.

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    MrBartokomousMrBartokomous Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Double-Check with your hotel before you book, but I've never stayed at a hotel that DIDN'T have a place to store baggage.

MrBartokomous on
This discussion has been closed.