As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Connection Woes - RESOLVED

XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
Yeah, well, close this if there's already one, but the forum Search function error'd and I went back a few pages and couldn't find anything. My problem is pretty recent, I just wanted to see if anyone else was using the same thing I was.

I'm connecting through a wireless access point:

D-Link: DWL-2100AP Air-Plus XtremeG

See, it WORKED like right after Christmas up until a few days ago when I downloaded Super Mario Kart 64, but no matter what I do now, I can't even get the Wii to connect to it at all. I've fiddled the shit out of the settings, called customer support, the access point even shows the Wii as communicating with it at 100% signal speed since I moved the point into my room right next to the goddamn thing, but it just plain fucking stopped working. I'm pretty enraged since it was working fine for two months.

Anyone else? Is it just the torrential download mania of VC Monday that is preventing me to connect at all?

*sigh*

kalamari.jpg
Xhaztol on

• Options
    Mike99TAMike99TA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Probably going to need to actually post what error you're getting when trying to connect, or at least what behavior you're getting.

Mike99TA on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    My bad. After trying a connection test I'm getting error code: 52131.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Typically any "speed boosting" techniques a router might use will cause compatibility issues. Don't know if that's the problem though.

Some people have said switching to mixed mode b+g fixes connection problems.

I don't know in your case though, since it was working, after all.

You can always try unplugging the console for a few minutes.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Lew ZealandLew Zealand Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Does the Nintendo customer support page give you a description of that error code?

It seems like a lot of people who suddenly have problems just need to change their router channel to 1 or 11 and problems cleared up. Have you tried that?

Lew Zealand on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Well, manually entering the DNS servers seemed to fix it. We'll see how it goes from here. And yeah, I was switching back and forth from 1 to 11 to no avail. Thanks for the consideration.

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Please, please remove the [error on] crap. Most people are sick of that kind of thing.

Also, Nintendo error codes are pretty much useless. :? Nearly all of them tell you to set the channel of your router to 1 with no other advice. I could never get my Wii online wirelessly at all, got about 10 different errors in lots of different environments, all with the same advice that didn't help me any (I'd already changed my channel). Finally I just ordered this and it's worked ever since.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Wow, Spork, when did that come out? I never even saw a news post about it or anything. *hits forehead*

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Xhaztol wrote:
    Wow, Spork, when did that come out? I never even saw a news post about it or anything. *hits forehead*
    It was very very stealthy. Lunker even posted about it here, he heard it from me, and then that thread fell off quickly too. It's like Nintendo has a grand conspiracy to keep people from finding it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky