As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BLOCKLAND, YOU FUCKS.

DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughingin the pizza rainRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
what?

LEGOS. Remember that time you recreated the battle of Helm's Deep with legos in your room, last year? Remember the giant box of legos you have in your closet? fucking forget them, you've got Blockland now.

Build shit online with other people who really exist and you can show your model penises to.

1113803645db6b82d552wv8.jpg
blockland

blockland00010as6.jpg
blockland!
blockland20060526184602ad6.jpg
BLOCKLAND?

Anyway, Blockland's a game where you play with legos with other people. Imagine how much awesome shit you could make if you had infinite legos, yeah. It costs like, 20 bucks or something, but that's a pittance. It's well worth the cost to become a tiny plastic god, ruler of every blocky, square thing you survey.

BLOCKLAND
Just download the demo, try some bidness, and then purchase it, this is the only way it can go.

When you do end up buying the game, make sure you download Return to Blockland, it adds uncountable fantastic things to the game, and neatens up the server lists and such nonsense.
Return to Blockland

If anyone actually reads this truly horrible OP, I'll try and start a server.

Depressperado on

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Best OP ever.

BLOCKLAND

I may have to purchase this game and/or try the demo. :P

urahonky on
  • temperature!temperature! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does the free Blockland still exist, The one that actually looks like lego minifigs and stuff? I know lego stopped it because they are making their own MMO but man was that game fun. I may download the new demo to try it out later today.

temperature! on
    XBL - Temperature_MD
    PSN - CardboardNine
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is pretty much the free blockland, except with more block types, and better support and extra fancy shit.

Depressperado on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This looks awesome.

That said...

Legos? Legos? LegoS?

Incoming "the plural of Lego is Lego" flamewar in 5, 4, 3...

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's Legi.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • VicVic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The plural of Lego is Legolas

Vic on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    LEGO is the company and the brand. The pieces of plastic is bricks or blocks.

Peewi on
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    God damn, you guys are uptight.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I remember when we used to play this on the forums all the time. We even built two forts and had wars between them. And build giant Lego game consoles.

SirUltimos on
  • AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, legos are fun... :D

That being said, I'm just curious (and can't access the site at the moment). How much are they asking for this these days?

Aoi on
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aoi wrote: »
    Yeah, legos are fun... :D

That being said, I'm just curious (and can't access the site at the moment). How much are they asking for this these days?

$20

Looks fun, gonna give the demo a shot.

Lly on
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    does anyone else remember that we actually had Blockland-based forum drama

this thread fills me with anticipation and dread

Captain K on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Like... How does this game work? I push buttons, scroll my wheel and fly around, but I'm doing nothing consistent. Also, pics in OP load horrendously slow.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Captain K wrote: »

was it all based around the plural of LEGO?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's like Second Life, only looking at it makes me feel nostalgic and not creepy!

Except for the spoilered screenshot.

chasehatesbears on
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    <3 Depressperado

<3 BLOCKLAND. FUCK.

Those screens look oddly better than the version I remember from 3 years ago, but I guess that's to be expected. I remember posting pictures of the giant pink penis elevator I made, complete with spooge fountain, in the Blockland forums. Got banhammered pretty quick for that one.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009

The solution is to never let whoever it was have server admin access ever again

FyreWulff on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It was pretty fun, but $20? They better have fixed a lot of stuff.

Sir Carcass on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oooh, a Mac version. Downloading now :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The physics demonstration video for the forthcoming update (linked on the Blockland page) looks pretty awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxXAPBUGgs&feature=PlayList&p=D8C4F286B8F0F16E&index=0&playnext=1

Orogogus on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Orogogus wrote: »
    The physics demonstration video for the forthcoming update (linked on the Blockland page) looks pretty awesome:

*physics video*

Great, a whole new level of griefing.

I would love to play Blockland again, I'm fairly sure I made the last OP, but I just can't see dishing out $20 until the update. It just doesn't seem worth it ATM.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have an archive of that original version somewhere. You can just host your own server, I'm pretty sure...

Didn't have any physics like that though, and I can't be arsed to look for it.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Does anyone actually know who whoever it was was? Because if nobody knows who it was, keeping them out might be a problem. Theoretically speaking.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The physics effects are client-side only. That's stupid.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If you start a server, I will totally be there. I love Blockland.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Does anyone actually know who whoever it was was? Because if nobody knows who it was, keeping them out might be a problem. Theoretically speaking.

I have a good idea of who it was, but I don't want to say who it was unless I know for sure.

I just remember that they had access and drama started when they used their admin powers to delete the current server state or somesuch.

FyreWulff on
  • ObsObs __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    I think I also know who it was. I'll give them a chance to step forward before saying anything more though.

Obs on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Figgy wrote: »
    The physics effects are client-side only.

Physics effects usually are.

Can this game be played offline?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Let us dwell no longer on past heresies.

Captain K on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Because K remembered it was him! BURN HIM!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    20$ might seem expensive now, but think back at your Lego collection when you were a kid. How much money was in there? I know that over the years, through Christmas and birthdays, our family got in it for hundreds easy. Easy. Also, LEGO is LEGO. The blocks are blocks, or bricks. This said, calling them Legos should be one of these things that everyone knows is the wrong thing to do but it's more convenient and simple that way so we do it anyway.

Djiem on
  • GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am not playing this again because if I start now I will fail college. :(

Heartily recommended for those of you with willpower, though!

GimeC on
    edited January 2009
    Djiem wrote: »
    20$ might seem expensive now, but think back at your Lego collection when you were a kid. How much money was in there? I know that over the years, through Christmas and birthdays, our family got in it for hundreds easy. Easy. Also, LEGO is LEGO. The blocks are blocks, or bricks. This said, calling them Legos should be one of these things that everyone knows is the wrong thing to do but it's more convenient and simple that way so we do it anyway.

Fuck Blockland, I'm about to blow money on this
    10193_box_in_front.jpg

Obs on
    edited January 2009
    Obs wrote: »

Fuck Blockland, I'm about to blow money on this
    10193_box_in_front.jpg

Shit!
    That looks like the best thing ever!

Djiem on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Feral wrote: »
    Figgy wrote: »
    The physics effects are client-side only.

Physics effects usually are.

The fact that it's listed on the main page under the update makes me think the effects are entirely client-side. In a source game, you might not see the EXACT same object movement as everyone else, but the general effect is the same.

I want to throw blocks. I want to build shit and knock it over. I want to do this with people. The OP led me to believe this game is G-Mod with legos, but it seems that's not the case.

I'm gonna wait for the update and see what people say before I buy these virtual Lego.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited January 2009
    2008 Lego Castle has been consistently awesome.

Obs on
    edited January 2009

Well, it looks like it cleverly uses the default pieces rather than just being a fucking space station made out of 4 huge custom-made bricks that can't be anything else than their original idea.

Djiem on
  • JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Well, it looks like it cleverly uses the default pieces rather than just being a fucking space station made out of 4 huge custom-made bricks that can't be anything else than their original idea.

That turkey piece is bitchin.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
    edited January 2009
    I'm just happy they actually made undead, orcs and dwarves. And metallic armors. Elves are also supposedly coming soon too.

Obs on
    edited January 2009
    I'm just happy they actually made undead, orcs and dwarves. And metallic armors. Elves are also supposedly coming soon too.

WHAT

Djiem on