As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I WOULD HAVE WORDS WITH THEE (Thor Thread)

1234568»

• Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Midgard is Earth.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    A colored page

1096new_storyimage6738744_full.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JackanapesJackanapes Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Now *thats* how you colour! From now on, you colour like that!

Jackanapes on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    It's official, Thor: Ages of Thunder is going to be best thing ever.

ThorAgesOfThunderPreview4.jpg

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2008
    thor's stone cold

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    ...how does he cut their heads off with a hammer?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Those are trophies. Decapitation was probably done after he killed the ice giants.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I, uh, know that?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    This is how Thor should have been since day fricken one!

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Step 1: Grab head.
    Step 2: Pull.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    The whole hammer through the head thing reminds me of an old Thor comic where Thor had Loki in a chokehold with his hand behind his head, threatening that Mjolnir would always return to his hand, even if Loki's head barred its way.

Thor: Totally Fuckin' Metal

Munch on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    This is how Thor should have been since day fricken one!

He always was. Just not in Marvel for fairly good reasons. Lee and Kirby butchered the mythology when they created the character, but they had some pretty good reasons to given the time and audience.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    There will be a three-issue SI: Thor mini.

It will be written by Matt Fraction, following his work on Thor: Ages of Thunder.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited April 2008
    There will be a three-issue SI: Thor mini.

It will be written by Matt Fraction, following his work on Thor: Ages of Thunder.

Matt Fraction! Secret Invasion! Thor!

My three favorite things!

Dareth Ram on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Been reading me some Immortal Iron Fist and Fraction on Thor would be more than enough to get me in the mood for the poor house to pick up yet more of his work.

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    New Thor book coming next week. Not written by JMS or Fraction, but it has Thor in ancient Egypt.

Thor: Truth of History

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh. So there is a Thor thread, about Thor, with Thor in it. Well, I take back what I said when I posted that interview!

I wish the book would come out already, stupid JMS and his movie scripts.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Kieron Gillen, writer of X-Men Origins: Sabertooth and more importantly Phonogram, is writing a Beta Ray Bill special. I like this a lot.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    kingkhankingkhan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Its not so much of a secret identity as it is a human host. But yes, Thor will be sharing his body with Dr. Donald Blake once again.

So I saw a comic panel of Thor a long time ago, before I got into comics, and it was some old man talking about his blasphemies against the Christian God. But when he was Thor, he knew he was wise and right, and that there were other gods.

Then something about "You shall have no other gods before me, for I am a jealous god."

Anyway, who was that guy? Was that the host before the Dr.? Cause he looks young in those scans.

kingkhan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    kingkhan wrote: »
    Its not so much of a secret identity as it is a human host. But yes, Thor will be sharing his body with Dr. Donald Blake once again.

So I saw a comic panel of Thor a long time ago, before I got into comics, and it was some old man talking about his blasphemies against the Christian God. But when he was Thor, he knew he was wise and right, and that there were other gods.

Then something about "You shall have no other gods before me, for I am a jealous god."

Anyway, who was that guy? Was that the host before the Dr.? Cause he looks young in those scans.

Thor timelines are... complicated... to say the least. I don't know exactly to what you are referring, but any and all of the characters related to thor (except for a few exceptions) have been depicted both very young and very old.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    HankScorpioHankScorpio Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »

Thor timelines are... complicated... to say the least. I don't know exactly to what you are referring, but any and all of the characters related to thor (except for a few exceptions) have been depicted both very young and very old.

That sounds like the panel from 1602. Couldn't find an image on google. I'll scan it later tonight.

HankScorpio on
    Scorpiohank.png
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »

That sounds like the panel from 1602. Couldn't find an image on google. I'll scan it later tonight.

that's exactly what it is.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg