As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Realtek HD audio manager - or ANY managers?

Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I built my brother a computer a while back. The mobo came with 5.1 built in, as is the case these days with alot of 'em. Anyway of course it came with a little program for it. This Realtek HD audio manager. It was a speaker on taskbar that when opened let you manager your speakers and see what was plugged in.

Now for some reason when my brother bought a new headset (not USB, but the regular headphones and mic connection jacks) he couldn't get it to work. Well the program wasn't detecting the front jacks on the computer. So I googled around and everywhere I go the answer seems to be to click a folder on the menu that lets you turn on front jack detection or some such. Now that folder isn't there, so I uninstalled the old software and went to realteks site to grab the newer version. Most people said this worked(as theres one for Vista) and it's not there. I can't find it anywhere, all I can find is drivers which don't seem to do a thing.
I'm completely lost here.

Edit: I guess I could use any manager couldn't I? I didn't think of this at all. Anyone suggest any?

Mmmm... Cocks... on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The realtek manager should be included in the drivers. I'm using it on Vista 64-bit with no problems. The checkbox for front panel detection is in the manager itself by the way. Make sure you hooked up the front panel ports right.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    They're definetly hooked up right. I got the software to install, finally.
    But I'm still not seeing this front panel detection, what do you mean the "manager itself"?
    I'm quite sure that's what I have open.

Edit:That bloody folder, he's not there!

This is all I have:
    Ew, sorry for the boarders, did that real quick.
    audio.jpg

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    splashsplash Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I saw this late..

but my Asus motherboard does the same thing. The RealTek audio manager may not be enough for some reason. I went to the Asus website and downloaded another driver for my motherboard. An older version of this driver did come on the install CD but I didn't want to have to install it. Called SoundMax driver and unfortunately it's a whole 'nother program to itself but at least has the option to not load in the system tray. After that it always works. It's not a bad program either by any means but personally I don't want to have to load any audio program so I haven't used it much.

splash on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Check for this on the Advanced Device Settings link thingy in the program:
    realtek.png

I think there were more options in the XP version.

Edit: I found the right place:

realtek2.png

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    The-PimpThe-Pimp Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have the exact same problem. What motherboard are you using, OP?

The-Pimp on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I don't have either of those options. :(

I mean, I have the one link, as you can see, but it only has the first two bubbles.

And as for my mobo I don't know, I'm at school so I'll verify this ASAP, but looking on ASUS's site I think it's the M2N-CM DVI
    splash wrote: »
    I saw this late..

but my Asus motherboard does the same thing. The RealTek audio manager may not be enough for some reason. I went to the Asus website and downloaded another driver for my motherboard. An older version of this driver did come on the install CD but I didn't want to have to install it. Called SoundMax driver and unfortunately it's a whole 'nother program to itself but at least has the option to not load in the system tray. After that it always works. It's not a bad program either by any means but personally I don't want to have to load any audio program so I haven't used it much.
    I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

Mmmm... Cocks... on