As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] 24: Day 9 HOUR FOUR - DESOLATION DELIVERED- GAME OVER - SCAVANGERS WIN

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am truly greatful that I returned to find out what was happening (ie, couldn't sleep).

Two-faced?

A Terrorist?

Are these the things that you say about me behind my back?

The thoughts and feelings of fear are driving you to accuse me of things that are just completely untrue.

Whereas I have said nothing about my competition, I have declared nothing against any of you that coudl be damning. No, I have risen above the problems and the pettiness that has divided our country in the past.

This is not the time for these divisive politics. The entire nation is looking at us for help, the entire nation is watching what we do here, and how we proceed to determine how they will react to the news that the world is falling apart around them.

This is not the time for harsh words and accusations against one another.

I hold respect for Rainfall. I hold respect for B:L. I do not agree with them completely on their views, but I can accept that they do have different views.

But this I can promise you, my fellow Phallamericans.

You will not hear me deride them, insult them, declare them unfit for service at all. Instead, you will hear my voice ringing out loud and clear in the din of confusion, fear, and a terror.

We can survive this crisis. We will survive this crisis.

But it will only happen if we work together, without lowering ourselves to insults and personal attacks on one another.

I present myself to you as I am. A humble senator offering myself up to serve as Your voice within the world during these trying times.

I ask now for your confidence.

For your trust.

Thank you.

lonelyahava on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am truly greatful that I returned to find out what was happening (ie, couldn't sleep).

Two-faced?

A Terrorist?

The thoughts and feelings of fear are driving you to accuse me of things that are just completely untrue.

Whereas I have said nothing about my competition, I have declared nothing against any of you that coudl be damning. No, I have risen above the problems and the pettiness that has divided our country in the past.

This is not the time for these divisive politics. The entire nation is looking at us for help, the entire nation is watching what we do here, and how we proceed to determine how they will react to the news that the world is falling apart around them.

I hold respect for Rainfall. I hold respect for B:L. I do not agree with them completely on their views, but I can accept that they do have different views.

You will not hear me deride them, insult them, declare them unfit for service at all. Instead, you will hear my voice ringing out loud and clear in the din of confusion, fear, and a terror.

But it will only happen if we work together, without lowering ourselves to insults and personal attacks on one another.

I present myself to you as I am. A humble senator offering myself up to serve as Your voice within the world during these trying times.

For your trust.

Thank you.

How can you trash talk and lie about me like that I voted for you what a meanie

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dammit B:L!!!

*L*

You stole my TOTP...

You're lucky I adore you.

lonelyahava on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    To be fair you are two faced, but aren't all politicians :D

Egos on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Two-faced?

A Terrorist?

For your trust.

Thank you.

But you still have not stated what you will do for the Lepers of america
    I can't vote for someone who may or may not be a leper hater.

Ohtsam on
    edited January 2009
    Poor Brian...doesn't have a chance does he, Sam?

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    Lepers will be an important key to our victory.

I cannot give out any information than that, due to the terrorists might use that information against this great country.

But hold true in the firm belief that I will address the Lepers of this nation in an address after the election.

lonelyahava on
    edited January 2009
    But hold true in the firm belief that I will address the Lepers of this nation in an address after the election.

You better or else

LadyEboshi.jpg

will come after you 8-)

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    I will. I will. I do not break promises that I overtly make in explicit terms.

lonelyahava on
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Vote changed to lonelyahava

Ohtsam on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    Vote changed to lonelyahava
    Wow, let's not procrastinate here. . .

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hour One

Previously on 24:

With the Government in ruin, CTU agent Jack Bauer knew our country would need a new leader to help it get through this hardship. After a call to one of the few last remaining senators, Jack learned an emergency election had been put into place to give our country some direction.

The following takes place between 5:00pm and 6:00pm

Jack's phone rang as he drove to CTU headquarters. He checked the caller ID and saw it was Chloe.

"What happened with the election Chloe?" Jack asked.

A new president has just been sworn in Jack. The government is releasing the new president's name just yet for security measures, but he or she has been given the codename LonlyAhava, I think its latin or something."

"Good, maybe now we can focus on The arms of Shiva, what intel do we have on the group?"

"We know they are led by a man named Mariz Ramamarthumry." Chloe explained. "Born in India in 1955, he went to Harvard in 1967 for biochemistry and microbiology. Soon after he moved back to India and developed one of the first viable biochemical weapons for the Indian government. In 1979 He moved to Iran to join an Anti-American terrorist group, The Alawa Hassid Farawi. Seven years ago he started the Arms of Shiva, a group based in the belief that western civilization had corrupted the Earth, and that The destroyer god Shiva wanted him to personally bring the Kali Yuga, or their idea of Armageddon, to America."

"So he's using his background in germ warfare to pull off these attacks?"

"basically, and right now we have no leads. My team is monitoring all chatter, and let you know if we find anything."

"Good Chloe, im going to go head out to see what I can find out about Ramamartrumry from our NSA contact. In the mean time keep me updated on all leads.

"Okay Jack, and be careful."

"Bitch, Im Jack Bauer."

5:37:22
    5:37:23
    5:37:24
    5:37:25
    5:37:26

Tonight please vote in Red on who will be arrested and detained by CTU.
    Hour One ends at 8pm PST tomorrow.

The_Reflection on
    edited January 2009
    So. vote is closed, yes?

edit:: Apparently i'm too slow.

And T_R spells my name wrong. Oh the drama.

Ahwell.

lonelyahava on
    edited January 2009
    Look up ^^^^

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    yeah yeah I see it..

i'm dropping out of character for the moment, cause my brain is starting to shut down.

lonelyahava on
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    yeah yeah I see it..

i'm dropping out of character for the moment, cause my brain is starting to shut down.

NOT ALLOWED!

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quick note, if you Kill the President, you get publicly revealed.

The_Reflection on
    edited January 2009
    Maximus! I'll be flying most of the day tomorrow, and dunno when I'll get back, so figured it'd be best to get a placeholder vote in now.

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    You could say you're leaving on a jet plane?

kuhlmeye on
    edited January 2009
    kuhlmeye wrote: »
    You could say you're leaving on a jet plane?
    Yes, I could? Maybe? Haven't seen many episodes, is there something I'm supposed to get from that?

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    Don't know when you'll be back again...

I will be embarrassed if you don't know the song.

Edit: Just for posterity's sake

Jet Plane

kuhlmeye on
    edited January 2009
    Gosh, couldn't you have put that up before I Googled-then-Youtubed it?

I mean, I knew what song you were talking about. Yes, I knew instinctively, before you even said anything, I said the lyrics first, I was just testing you!

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited January 2009
    I guess I just wasn't on my game. Sorry to (sort of) disappointed.

kuhlmeye on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Two-faced?

A Terrorist?

For your trust.

Thank you.

Terrorist.

Rainfall on
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love the way lonelyahava types, she has to make every sentence double spaced to stand out, its like her own personal prose. Every time i see her writing on a page, I dont even have to look at her avatar, I already know its her

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited January 2009
    I love the way lonelyahava types, she has to make every sentence double spaced to stand out, its like her own personal prose. Every time i see her writing on a page, I dont even have to look at her avatar, I already know its her

I take that as a compliment, Brian.

It's just easier to read for me, so I consider it easier to read for others. I like making things easy to read. Especially when I have things to say that people should read.

Oh, and Rainy. That's President to you. So nyeah nyeah nyeah.

lonelyahava on
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yes Mr. President.

President Terrorist.

Rainfall on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
    edited January 2009
    Mental note: It is unpresidential to stick your tongue out at your opponent. It is unpresidential to stick your thumbs in your ears, extend all your fingers, wave your hands up and down, stick your tongue out, and state 'nannie nannie boo boo'.

Note to self: Must not do any of the above in Rainfall's direction.

Check.

lonelyahava on
  • Rofl_botRofl_bot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ah shit! Am i too late?! ummm !hava I just got back from a late movie. So sorry!

edit: Fuck...

Rofl_bot on
    Soul Silver Friend Code: 3309 6831 1937
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so...seems I managed to miss the presidential vote. So much for democracy, pah! Washing your hands is a serious business these days, and I like to make sure I am really clean.

so...!B:L

(placeholder until people in the States wake up and start revealing themselves).

BobCesca on
    edited January 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    so...seems I managed to miss the presidential vote. So much for democracy, pah! Washing your hands is a serious business these days, and I like to make sure I am really clean.

so...!B:L

(placeholder until people in the States wake up and start revealing themselves).

Pfft, I'm still awake. It's only what? two?

Rofl_bot on
    edited January 2009
    I'm still awake. I shouldn't be. But I am.

and it's 3am.

lonelyahava on
    edited January 2009
    I'm still awake. I shouldn't be. But I am.

and it's 3am.

It's the weekend, I'll just sleep in tomorrow.

Rofl_bot on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am awake because it is 9 am

M.D. on
    edited January 2009
    I'm off tomorrow...

I should so be asleep

G'morning Mr. D!

lonelyahava on
    edited January 2009
    Well good morning or night or whatever to you

M.D. on
    edited January 2009
    Rainfall wrote: »
    Yes Mr. President.

President Terrorist.

President Terror sounds cooler

Exarch wrote: »
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

Someone is definitely not getting my day 1 vote ;)

Egos on
    edited January 2009
    I secretly voted for egos

M.D. on
    edited January 2009
    you voted for waffles?

I guess I can understand that.

I need to sleep...

lonelyahava on