As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let There Be Rock Band 2!

• JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nah dude. If you've ever done Rock Band with multiple people in the same room it's just like that. Everyone chooses their own difficulty per instrument, and then rocks the fuck out.

For people who use Breakneck Speed (me), it only applies to their system which is actually sort of a bonus really.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh that's cool then. My roommate and I play together offline but I wasn't sure about whether the difficulty worked the same online.

Also, I'm really glad I got the Queens song pack. Sick Sick Sick is delightfully hard :)

Clint Eastwood on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited January 2009
    playing online in rock band 2 is essentially the same as it is playing offline, which is nice

the only time it locks you to the same difficulty is if you're going head to head with someone and that's kind of boring anyways

DJ Eebs on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fuck that

the whole reason i like this game is because it's cooperative!

(also because I can have a band called The Dirt Doggs)

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    playing online in rock band 2 is essentially the same as it is playing offline, which is nice

the only time it locks you to the same difficulty is if you're going head to head with someone and that's kind of boring anyways

Score Duel locks you to same difficulty. Tug of War lets you choose still.

Like Score Battle vs. Pro Battle or whatever the two competitive modes in Guitar Hero were.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited January 2009
    yeah having everyone on the same team pretty much makes this the ultimate party game, especially since everyone can play at their own skill level

I mean aside from the wide variety of music that pretty much guarantees everyone can find a song they like

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    Cool For Cats 8-)

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    man I don't really like cool for cats

but tempted is so awesome

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    I don't think I've played that one yet actually. what artist is it

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    the same band that did cool for cats! it's available for one dollar as downloadable content!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhMspvvijUQ

DJ Eebs on
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tempted is super good

YaYa on
    edited January 2009
    oh, that song, gotcha

I kind of blew all my microsoft points on Sir Psycho Sexy and the queens pack, though. maybe i'll pick that one up next go round.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    Squeeze as well, but it's not on disc.

DLC FTW LOL

EDIT: I am so slow all over the place tonight.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited January 2009
    DLC makes me grumpy

except when it's free like the iCarly song, which everybody should download because it is superb

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    I've still got to get the newest Foo Fighters pack and a couple Roy Orbison songs. I'm probably going to wait a couple weeks until they release the joker by the steve miller band (it's not officially announced but the leak that led to that information also successfully predicted last week's and this week's DLC so...)

oh shit and Funk #49 and Space Truckin'

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    i want, no, NEED some arctic monkeys tunes

doesn't matter which ones

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    Space Truckin' is so good.

Really wish they would go ahead and release Black Sabbath's Supernaut like they announced for-fucking-ever ago though.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited January 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    DLC makes me grumpy

except when it's free like the iCarly song, which everybody should download because it is superb

dlc is pretty much the reason I have a 360

even though I had a wii and was pretty sure it was eventually coming out for it, I wanted to be sure I could download shit

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    the best DLC surprise was barenaked ladies in the holiday pack

I mean it's not my favorite song of theirs but I was just really happy to see them in the game at all

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009

I mean it's not my favorite song of theirs but I was just really happy to see them in the game at all
    dad rock

Clint Eastwood on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DLC on the Wii is gimped though - having to change out memory cards and shit all the time...

360, I can have my Rock Band 1 tracks and my 150+ DLC songs available to me all at the same time.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2009

dad rock

bitch I'll punch you

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009

dad rock

bitch I'll punch you
    i'm sure BNL wouldn't approve of such violence

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009

dad rock

bitch I'll punch you

shit man they do coke and crash planes, where the hell have you been

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009

dad rock

bitch I'll punch you

shit man they do coke and crash planes, where the hell have you been
    over hear reading their song titles about Hannukah and what they would do if they won a million dollars

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    yeah man they're so square but I bet they're cool for cats

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    most definitely

Clint Eastwood on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hate expert drums, I can't seem to find a rhythm.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited January 2009
    I hate expert drums, I can't seem to find a rhythm.

Think about what you said for a moment. It's pretty hilarious.

DarkPrimus on
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm tired, I don't get the funny

I just meant in hard, it's easy to get myself accustomed to a songs beat and hit notes accordingly

On expert they look alien and random and I can't get into a groove rhythm whatever

I don't know why what I said was funny

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
    edited January 2009
    does anyone want to play this online

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    I am totally down for some rocking tonight again.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
    edited January 2009
    well this football game is terrible and I could probably get away with drumming even!

DJ Eebs on
    edited January 2009
    Haha, my neighbors are gone so I could sing tonight at least. Buuuut I'm definitely better at guitar. It's an option for me at least, if anyone else is up for some guitar work.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd be up for some playing

Perrsun on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So I had never really played RB before, but I played it in Best Buy last night.

Oh my gosh I can't use that guitar. The fret buttons aren't on the neck, they are part of the neck. I keep my fingers partially wrapped around the guitar normally and with the RB guitar I can't really do that. I was absolutely lost.

I really want to get RB2 though, just the disc though.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    ShimSham wrote: »
    So I had never really played RB before, but I played it in Best Buy last night.

Oh my gosh I can't use that guitar. The fret buttons aren't on the neck, they are part of the neck. I keep my fingers partially wrapped around the guitar normally and with the RB guitar I can't really do that. I was absolutely lost.

I really want to get RB2 though, just the disc though.

wahh

Kusuguttai on
    edited January 2009
    The RB guitar fucking sucks. Mine already started falling apart after I had it for two days

Not to mention I had to break off the battery case because the screw wouldn't come out. The thing is just horribly designed.

Clint Eastwood on
    edited January 2009
    RB2 guitar doesn't have a screw to hold on the battery case.

DarkPrimus on
    edited January 2009
    I've heard that

I have the other one, the black and white one. Oh and the tilt sensor either doesn't work or wasn't put in there at all because it hasn't worked at all.

biggest waste of 50 dollars ever.

Clint Eastwood on
This discussion has been closed.