As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

moo [chat]

1424344454648»

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    'CISM

Kilroy on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Is georgia a hotspot for asian ladies all of a sudden

Everywhere but China is.
    Weishenme ni shou bu zhende jewcar? Wo juede ni yao qu zhong gou, keshi ni bu keyi, yinwei ni bu yi dianr hui shou zhong wen!!!!!

Kekekekeke!

Quid on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Asian women don't do anything for me.

I find the really attractive ones are only half-Asian.

Maybe half-Japanese, half-French.... <3

--

Quid: Anata yo baka desu or something.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Kilroy wrote: »
    'CISM

I'm not a racist, but everyone who isn't white is simply inferior. I don't see the controversy in that kind of statement.

moniker on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Man, women are hot. And back in Tennessee after only a 27 hours trip. It took me less time to get here from Egypt.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    'CISM

I'm not a racist, but everyone who isn't white is simply inferior. I don't see the controversy in that kind of statement.
    Seriously. I mean, my dad was a truck driver. It's all he ever would be. I'm okay with that an so was he. And really, all of Mexico should be as well.

Quid on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Elki wrote: »
    Man, women are hot. And back in Tennessee after only a 27 hours trip. It took me less time to get here from Egypt.

I heard the ancient egyptians knew a lot about math or something. What with the pyramids and all. It only makes sense that Egypt is inexplicably closer than Tennessee. The shamanism and what not. Aman-Ra wills it.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

My favorite long-ass-flight moment was when delays caused us to miss our flight from Miami to Nashville, so we had to fly all the way up to St. Louis and then back down to Nashville. I'm pretty sure we passed directly over my house twice on the way there.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    Math is kinda boring. There, it's said. Prove me wrong.

Here's mathematical proof of you being wrong.

Math = fun

Echo wins by most scientific argument!

Just practicing trigonometry and algebra 12 hours a day for two weeks gets kinda dull. I failed an exam before the holiday that I will now redo and un-fail tomorrow.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited January 2009

My favorite long-ass-flight moment was when delays caused us to miss our flight from Miami to Nashville, so we had to fly all the way up to St. Louis and then back down to Nashville. I'm pretty sure we passed directly over my house twice on the way there.

This is why trains are awesome. A little rain ain't gonna hurt 'em, unlike those precious little snowflake aeroplanes.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

This is why trains are awesome. A little rain ain't gonna hurt 'em, unlike those precious little snowflake aeroplanes.

Unfortunately, it's hard to take a train across the ocean.

(Note: the ocean came earlier in the trip. I'm not saying there's one between Miami and Nashville/St. Louis.)

Kilroy on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i am good at every subject that isn't math. I graduated college magna cum laude with a 3.8gpa.

The .2 was all from my D in college algebra. Basic college algebra. I am awful. AWFUL. at math.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You got a D in algebra?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Unfortunately, it's hard to take a train across the ocean.

That's why we should build a bridge.

moniker on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Krull is on TV. Man, Lysette Anthony was a foxy lady.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ludious wrote: »
    i am good at every subject that isn't math. I graduated college magna cum laude with a 3.8gpa.

The .2 was all from my D in college algebra. Basic college algebra. I am awful. AWFUL. at math.
    hey well
    3.8 whilst still having a D is pretty nice
    I have a 3.8 and the lowest grade I've gotten is a B
    I am a mostly A- student

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    You got a D in algebra?

I am awful at math. I think it actually has a diagnosis. I believe it's called Math Anxiety.

Ludious on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hi5, fellow math loser.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    edited January 2009

hey well
    3.8 whilst still having a D is pretty nice
    I have a 3.8 and the lowest grade I've gotten is a B
    I am a mostly A- student

I -think- the D was my only non A.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i know some people, no matter how smart, just don't get math
    it is just weird for me to see how that works

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i hate A-'s, there are so many grades I had that were borderline A's but were barely A-'s and an A- is a 3.66 or whatever and that is a pain in the buttocks

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    i think i will go attempt to work out before i eat my lunch

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    C's are winning yay

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Shazkar = (3totp) / 1 page

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Grade inflation, I tell you, grade inflation

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Honk wrote: »
    Shazkar = (3totp) / 1 page

That made me physically ill.

Ludious on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I sort of feel the same way. Maths is the foundation of logic, so I wonder how the thought processes of people who don't "get" maths actually work.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think what I need is a Karate Kid Sensei to help me find my ummm...."spirit zone" for math.

So I can super math saiyan or something

Ludious on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Math kicks arse.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2009
    I think what I need is a Karate Kid Sensei to help me find my ummm...."spirit zone" for math.

So I can super math saiyan or something
    super%20saiyan.jpg

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    japan wrote: »

I sort of feel the same way. Maths is the foundation of logic, so I wonder how the thought processes of people who don't "get" maths actually work.

Very carefully. We sort of throw chicken bones in our head and "read the signs". It's all very spiritual and new agey.

Ludious on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That was a terrible picture Jewcar.

Fuck, so close.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    japan wrote: »

Very carefully. We sort of throw chicken bones in our head and "read the signs". It's all very spiritual and new agey.

I don't mean that to sound condescending, it's just that most of the time I think about things in a way that is either mathematical in essence, or at least inextricably linked to maths. I think it's interesting that we would probably have two wildy different trains of thought that nevertheless end up at the same answer.

japan on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    evilbob wrote: »
    That was a terrible picture Jewcar.

Fuck, so close.

No, terrible pictures are what happened when I GISed "Stupid Saiyin"

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    Ludious' thread.

Love this comic.

20040426h.jpg

Tycho wrote:
    "Monday's comic might be kind of mean, Fred - I'm just letting you know," I said. He laughed and told me that was fine. He hadn't seen it, though.
    What a change in that guy. What I said on Friday hasn't ceased being true, but it's true such a small percentage of the time that it's worth making a point of it. What the painfully shy or socially awkward among our number would be comforted to know is that interpersonal skills can improve through use to a startling degree. I know it's no comfort right away - there's fear associated with managing the variables in any conversation. It is as though I told you that the more you tame lions, the less likely you are to be devoured. But there is a type of "muscle" involved whose function can be improved through use, and I think that Piro's backbreaking con schedule has shaped him into a person quite capable of the work that comes with this strange territory.

A fair number of people came by expressly to soothe us, which was appreciated - but I think we're over the hump as far as Anime Con discomfort goes. Last year, I believe I said I felt like an invading force, a splinter or somesuch. There were some this year that went out of their way to make me feel like that. I felt more like an Ambassador this time around, from some imaginary place concerned primarily with gaming, like our booth was a kind of embassy for expatriates to confess their sins against the motherland.

I'm often asked to come to this room or that room at the conventions I attend, but I usually don't have the opportunity. This year, I made it my focus. It turns out that one can construct quite the efficacious Tycho trap with only a few cups and some Parrot Bay rum.

The first place I went was a fairly small affair, incorporating humans to which I felt an immediate kinship. Certainly our extended discussion of those wonders unique to Silent Hill 2 amplified my already warm affection. The next party revolved (for me) largely around Wario Ware for the Cube, whose ability to turn the party out far surpasses the impression I was given from reviews. Indeed, with a funk index of 143, one could bump their ride simply by placing the disc on the hood.

A girl came by on Saturday, dressed as what she called "Haku" from "Naruto." She had what looked like battle wounds on her forearms which struck me as very convincing. When she came by the next day, though, out of costume, she had raised red welts where the wounds had been - they were worse, and even open in places. "Things are kind of bad at home," she said.

The convention made me think about how different the sacraments are in gaming and anime culture. Certainly, we can sit together and watch something - I know for a fact that every showing of Red Vs Blue is packed, and those who emerge speak incredulously of Pumas. But actually enjoying our thing itself is often either absolutely solitary or occurs in small, tight-knit groups. Even at a LAN, I'm glad to have the company, and certainly upraised hands are convenient for high-fiving. But there is a far-away place that exists from round to round that is so distant from humanity in real terms that I would be afraid to specify how remote it actually is.

As I looked out in the dark at the "Rave" on Saturday night, I tried to picture the "Rave" at GenCon or some other gaming convention and it just wasn't happening. I hold a tiny rave in my heart each time I score critical damage, and that's about it.

(CW)TB out.

the cello and the oboe sat alone

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.