As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Bleach Bad guys wiped the floor with the village

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm sad I died before I actually had enough free time to play in this.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ardor wrote: »
    I do think I helped make a positive difference for my team though and that's what I enjoy out of these. However, being the only or last loud mouthed villager in the thread isn't much fun either I guess.

The only thing I got to do was get people off jason. Yay for contributing. You fought a hard numbers game, but apparently couldn't get people to go along with it? I honestly did not pay very much attention to the game after I died.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    durax wrote: »
    3186275421_eb5628714a.jpg
    [size=+1]Ichigo is a Twat![/size]
    (Obbi will unlock the boards when he is available.)

unlocked!

Obbi on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, if only I could, I'd rip that man apart in three different ways

he just adds the amount of spice I like in my phalla for me to kill 'em day 1.

Oh, Obbi.

<3

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had a guard vote...Other then that I just tried to keep in the background...which ended up killing me...I tried putting the vote onto Ryan(SORRY!!!) Because at the time far more inactive/less posting then me. To eat the vote so I could live...But eh what can I say?

Great game though, I had a blast, I had no idea what to do half the time as I have never been evil from the start of a game...

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I just checked the Badguy proboards.

It looks like the village had zero chance.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    not with those inactive specials

I can't really gloat because we killed B:L day 1, and the village had such a huge disadvantage.

But!

I will take this as a prize for winnin':

I'm gonna wait a couple days before puttin' up Phallamon, let those minis clear out, and give me some time!

Obbi on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obbi wrote: »

I can't really gloat because we killed B:L day 1, and the village had such a huge disadvantage.

But!

I'm gonna wait a couple days before puttin' up Phallamon, let those minis clear out, and give me some time!

I want to be mudkip.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

But!

Ohhh I soo call Wartortle

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    edited January 2009
    Guys, this isn't that kinda game! This iteration doesn't take the wimp route!

Obbi on
    edited January 2009
    and if I catch repeat inactive offenders pullin' shit in my game, I'm gonna call the police!

Because you'll be dead!

From my savage insults to your families

Obbi on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I can't really gloat because we killed B:L day 1 and the village had such a huge disadvantage.

OBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIII

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited January 2009
    Don't look at me! I wasn't in favor for it!

I have less clout when there's 12 mafia!

Obbi on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I thought it was an interesting game, though the inactivity really hurt it.

Thanks for running it Sabs.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Congrats bad guys! I am actually rather pleased the village got eaten.

Wildcat on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Quick, he's gone!

!Wildcat

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, crap. I kind of figured my number was up about the same time jdark sent me a PM. Guess I was right.

What hurt was seeing three or more village specials turn around and eat it due to inactivity- but then again, there was LOTS of mistrust among the village. Sabs pointed us down a rough path by telling us anyone could be good or evil. This lead to the village cliquing up and assuming anyone could be bad. Sorta like I did.

But yeah, the inactives would have given us a better chance if they had actually played.

My only suggestion is that every phalla needs a bigger waiting list- if we had people who could have jumped in on those roles, maybe the village would have had a chance.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Awesome, thank you to my team in which I didnt contribute much I feel bad. But it was fun <3

M.D. on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Who killed me

Because well I'm curious

Gumpy on
    edited January 2009
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Quick, he's gone!

!Wildcat
    Tehspectre

Wildcat on
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ahaha. So it was magicman who divulged to evil my special status. I assume he did not lead a crusade against all he had told when I died because he had simply pmed all of you. Thanks, mm! I don't blame you, I blame myself for trusting you~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Well, crap. I kind of figured my number was up about the same time jdark sent me a PM. Guess I was right.

What hurt was seeing three or more village specials turn around and eat it due to inactivity- but then again, there was LOTS of mistrust among the village. Sabs pointed us down a rough path by telling us anyone could be good or evil. This lead to the village cliquing up and assuming anyone could be bad. Sorta like I did.

But yeah, the inactives would have given us a better chance if they had actually played.

My only suggestion is that every phalla needs a bigger waiting list- if we had people who could have jumped in on those roles, maybe the village would have had a chance.

Having bad guy specials really hurt the village's chances. Normally, if someone PMs you claiming to be a seer and knowing your identity, you can trust them and start up a network. But in this game, where seers are just as likely to be evil as anyone else, the only way people could really trust each other was if 2 seers looked at each other, and with the rotating powers that would be incredibly difficult to set up.

We got a bit lucky with Law, because we assumed that Ichigo couldn't be an evil role, but even then he couldn't fully trust anyone, which crippled the network and made it impossible for it to continue after his death.

Cantide on
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Abotkin didn't guard me.

I blame the entire game on Abotkin.
    In his defense, you never told him to guard you and you heavily implied that you had a dedicated guard elsewhere.

No I didn't. Also this just in, when it's your turn to do some kind of special thing, respond to PMs, or even if I haven't sent you one, send me one. Maximus took a day off, bum.

The fact that you survived being exposed on the previous day I was active all the way until I was active again made me believe you had a steady guard, which I think was a fair assumption. Anywho, I already apologized for letting you die and since I died the next day for being dumb and trusting Jdarksun, I don't feel particularly bad about it.

I really wish there hadn't been so many inactives. Can we start a thread, or add a section to the general Phalla thread, keeping track of inactives? Have something like a 3-strikes, you're out system? And then either not let them sign up at all, or just not give them a special role. Cause seriously, that screwed us more than anything I think.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
    edited January 2009
    Last time I volunteer for anything, I tell you!

Wildcat on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    abotkin wrote: »
    I really wish there hadn't been so many inactives. Can we start a thread, or add a section to the general Phalla thread, keeping track of inactives? Have something like a 3-strikes, you're out system? And then either not let them sign up at all, or just not give them a special role. Cause seriously, that screwed us more than anything I think.

Not giving them a special role isn't an option; you just created an insta-mason crew for the village. A 3-strikes type system is possible, or we could work toward smaller phallas with better reserve support. It is frustrating to see so many inactives in game after game.

Darian on
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The other concern about a "blacklist" is that the chief problem laid at Phalla's door is how "clique-ish" it is. Being careful to avoid exacerbating that is important.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The other concern about a "blacklist" is that the chief problem laid at Phalla's door is how "clique-ish" it is. Being careful to avoid exacerbating that is important.

That's why I suggested a verifiable system with some leeway, with a clearly defined rule for getting put on the list. To be fair to everyone, I would suggest not counting any previous phallas (this one included, no matter how frustrating it was this time) and to have a clause about it being in effect somewhere in the OP for any future Phalla that was going to enforce it.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    abotkin wrote: »

That's why I suggested a verifiable system with some leeway, with a clearly defined rule for getting put on the list. To be fair to everyone, I would suggest not counting any previous phallas (this one included, no matter how frustrating it was this time) and to have a clause about it being in effect somewhere in the OP for any future Phalla that was going to enforce it.

Beyond the fact that the games are open to anyone who wishes to join, the boards here on which we play are also open to anyone. The minute we start barring people from playing will also be the minute before we don't get to play these on the boards anymore.

If you want to do something like this, you need to outline a strict inactivity clause for your games. But keep in mind, people who lay low and post just enough to not die by inactivity are potentially using a viable strategy as well.

Ardor on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like the idea of having a list without actually banning people. Knowing that their inactivity is going to be remembered and recorded should be enough to stop some people from abandoning games.

If we do any kind of inactivity tracking, we definitely need rules for inactivity that are the same in every game, and are clearly posted in every game.

Cantide on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Would that mean GMs would give up their slots to others if their game is popular or....?

e.g. inactive Bill signs up for game but have been kicked out of 3 out of the past 4 games he played for inactivity. Active Charlie signs up for game later, and is a reserve but has always been an active member in all 10 games he plays. Would the GM give Bills slot to Charlie? If the Gm desired?

Or is that getting tyranty?

Egos on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If GMs clearly define what "active" means, and promptly replaces inactive players, it shouldn't be a continuing problem.

That assumes there are active reserves available; for this phalla, I was the only person not playing that stepped up when people were dropping out.

Darian on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, good game Sabs! Wish I could've been someone cooler than "mostly unknown girl from obscure video game," but oh well.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was no name in the 8th division who was also a traitor so be glad you had a name.

I want to point out Obbi did try to prevent the death of most vets at the beginning

M.D. on
  • ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Inactivity is always a problem, but it's up to the host to set the game size corresponding to the current size of the active community.

Plan ahead and give some space for reserve slots, and then have a clear activity policy and the game will be fine. I don't think a community wide activity list is the way to go.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for hosting Sabs!

Wildcat on
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanks again Sabs great game!!! And yes the inactive did hurt you all alot, being networked into the Baddies, made the knowledge that all of them were goods one way or another. So I pulled that card as soon as was feasable.

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OBBI!!!

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited January 2009
    I regret nothin', redbird!

Obbi on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think the idea of an inactive list is unnecessary on the whole. Some people are really active in some games, and might not be able to be in others. There's nothing difficult about a GM regulating inactivity on a game to game basis.

And yeah, reserves are always good to have.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Maximus get's +1 point for not being evil.

He is currently at -9, at 0 points he loses the permagrudge.

Thetheroo on