As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Bleach Bad guys wiped the floor with the village

1454647484951»

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    WOOOO!!!

Ok, that was just plain fun.

I'm sorry for all the darlings that I lied to, but you all did give me the information that i got quite easily.

wish I'd been able to survive, but that's alright. I knew as soon as Ardor put my name up the first time, my time was limited.

Fantastic game, Sabs.

Absolutely fantastic.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    !sign up

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The other concern about a "blacklist" is that the chief problem laid at Phalla's door is how "clique-ish" it is. Being careful to avoid exacerbating that is important.

It's true that that's the perception, despite it being so much bullshit. But yeah, having a public blacklist where we explicitly ban people, no matter what the reasoning, is probably a bad plan. I believe Tube has come down on that kind of idea before.

That being said, for Phalla Phalla and I think one of my other phallas, I didn't go with a first-come first-served signup system. People put their names in, and then I chose who got in based on their relative experience with phalla. Frankly, I'd like to see us moving away from first-come first-served signups anyway, because a lot of times I miss the signups the first day they go up and then it fills up before I get there. Not to mention the people in unusual time zones, etc.

But yeah, certain people who I know in my head are inactive will probably find themselves on the reserves list for my games in the future. I think keeping it informal, like the miniphalla system, is a better plan.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not having FCFS is inevitably going to result in someone complaining that the Phalla Clique is excluding him/her, though.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Not having FCFS is inevitably going to result in someone complaining that the Phalla Clique is excluding him/her, though.

Well, that depends on the system used to determine who gets in. I remember someone -- I think it was ElJeffe in the Phalliad -- used a system whereby you got priority the newer you were.

That's a valid point though, it's probably best not to say "we, the phalla community, shouldn't have FCFS signups anymore." It would just be nice to see a non-FCFS phalla every once in awhile.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It might be easier to send a PM to each person who signs up and ask them to respond. Simply ask them if they will be able to participate with at least X posts per day and if not, you will see if one of the reserves can so the game keeps moving and is fun for everyone.

If you gave people 24 hours to answer that, you might find the folks who really aren't able to participate that way and move them to the reserve pile?

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    That's a good idea, actually. I would even tend to say that the PM could come with a warning that failure to meet the level of posting will result in instant replacement, but it's probably too harsh not to give people at least one day's warning.

I quite liked the 'Inactivus' role in Gumpy's recent phalla too, mind you.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    That's a good idea, actually. I would even tend to say that the PM could come with a warning that failure to meet the level of posting will result in instant replacement, but it's probably too harsh not to give people at least one day's warning.

I quite liked the 'Inactivus' role in Gumpy's recent phalla too, mind you.

The problem with the "inactivus" type roles, however, were demonstrated clearly in this phalla.

As much as I hate inactives, killing them off will, most of the time, cripple the village. The only real solution is to have a large-ish reserve list and enforce strict rules.

The only exception to the inactivity rule would be for people who can come in and say "hey guys, I won't really be here on such-and-such a day".

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh I agree, I was just mentioning that I snickered when I read the role description.

Wildcat on