As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

For Khoo? - Guitar Hero Concert/Tourney/both

StifinStifin Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in PAX Archive
I don't know if this is supposed to be addressed to khoo, or if the idea has come up before, so here goes:

One of the coolest things about PAX '06 (and the one that represented the whole experience the best to me) was watching the Guitar Hero round of the Omegathon in the concert hall with thousands of other screaming, cheering, crazed geeks.

Now I know we've seen it once, but like I said, the experience was so uniquely PAX, its not going to happen anywhere else. So why not, this time, take the people who want to be up on that stage (to make fools of themselves, complete a dare, or show off how they can 5-star msirlou while doing a powerslide, whatever) and let them do their thing?

It could be first come first serve with a few slots for winners of the tournament (if they accept). Or whatever. Format isn't too important, its pretty much guaranteed to be entertaining.

Also, who wouldn't want to see Freezepop playing Less Talk More Rokk on GHII?

Call me crazy, but I think it would rock.

"The most aesthetically pleasing kick in the balls in the history of modern cinema" -William Goldman

banner.png
Stifin on

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Stifin wrote:
    I don't know if this is supposed to be addressed to khoo, or if the idea has come up before, so here goes:

One of the coolest things about PAX '06 (and the one that represented the whole experience the best to me) was watching the Guitar Hero round of the Omegathon in the concert hall with thousands of other screaming, cheering, crazed geeks.

Now I know we've seen it once, but like I said, the experience was so uniquely PAX, its not going to happen anywhere else. So why not, this time, take the people who want to be up on that stage (to make fools of themselves, complete a dare, or show off how they can 5-star msirlou while doing a powerslide, whatever) and let them do their thing?

It could be first come first serve with a few slots for winners of the tournament (if they accept). Or whatever. Format isn't too important, its pretty much guaranteed to be entertaining.

Also, who wouldn't want to see Freezepop playing Less Talk More Rokk on GHII?

Call me crazy, but I think it would rock.
    actually doesn't sound like a bad idea to have a room open for a few hours atleast, with a bit of a stage with guitar hero ii, just in case they need a bit of help filling in some time. big projection on the wall is a given.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    Zig21Zig21 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You kids and your "concerts".

Seriously, sounds like a great ideal. I'll talk to Khoo about it.

Zig21 on
    Born to Duck
This discussion has been closed.