As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MISC] PAX Attendees Map and discussion of where you're from

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right NowDrives a BuickModerator mod
edited August 2009 in PAX Archive
As happens every year, people are expressing interest in the possibility of PAXers near them. To ease this process once again, we have an interactive map of PAX attendees on communitywalk. Previously this sort of thing was on Frappr, but last year a number of people's pinpoints disappeared during the summer. From what I could find, communitywalk seems to be the best offered in this department, although it does require people to register to add a marker. Check it out anyway, when it loads it's centered on the WSCTC, so you'll have to zoom out to get the bigger picture.

http://www.communitywalk.com/pax09

Also, let's keep discussion of geographical proximity in this thread now (otherwise we'll end up with one thread for every city in the US).

It has come to my understanding that some people aren't putting their point down because they don't want to register for the Community Walk website. So I'm offering a second option. Post here in the following format, and I will add you to the map myself.

Add me!
Your Name
Your Location
How you're getting to pax (Flying, Driving, Train, CCST, CST, WCTT or undecided)

E6LkoFK.png

Moe Fwacky on

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Were my Oregonian homies at?

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I'm a pseudo-oregon homie... I go to school here...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Me too! Where are you? I'm in Portland.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i demand an ellensburg thread!
    Pretty cool that the ccst will be stopping less than a mile from my dorm room, unfortunately, i'll be back home by then, though. i put my dorm and home on there.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    New Hampshire in the houuuuusssseee! =)

Anyone from NH planning on going? Or even CCSTing it? We've got two spots left in the car! =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Me too! Where are you? I'm in Portland.

Corvallis. Though I really call Seattle home...

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    They've improved their interface a lot since last year... is it the same people? I like it.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Neat map!

Sea-town fo sho yo!

eye-shuh on
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm gonna hold off on putting myself on this, since I'm not sure if I'll be flying or taking the WCTT.

It is a beautiful map though, nice job.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    you can always change the marker later. there's even a marker you can choose while you're undecided

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Do I really need to say anything here? :P

Perth, Australia, look it up on Google Earth, it's located approximately on the OTHER SIDE OF THE FRICKIN PLANET.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CuZZa wrote: »

Perth, Australia, look it up on Google Earth, it's located approximately on the OTHER SIDE OF THE FRICKIN PLANET.

I thought you were going to have that problem fixed by the time next pax comes around

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

So, you're gonna be driving, right? I got a buddy that might need a ride from Sydney, and it would be awesome if you could give him a ride. Just don't stop at the rest stop near Bikini Atoll, there are some weird creatures around there.

Though, there is that underwater train tunnel too. You could always look into that ;)

Rogue_hunter on
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    edited January 2009

So, you're gonna be driving, right? I got a buddy that might need a ride from Sydney, and it would be awesome if you could give him a ride. Just don't stop at the rest stop near Bikini Atoll, there are some weird creatures around there.

Though, there is that underwater train tunnel too. You could always look into that ;)

I think you're looking for the Misinformation Thread :P

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    There. Happy?

Rogue_hunter on
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hmm. As a fellow In-Betweener* of Northern California, I guess I should represent.

* In-Betweener = Between San Francisco and Sacramento.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Who wants to walk to PAX with me? Oh wait, MeeOk is the only one near me lol.

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh my god, there's so much snow here. I stayed at my cousin's last night and had to dig 6" of snow off my car. Not to mention what was already on the ground and what's probably going to fall tonight. Why the fuck couldn't all this happen weeks ago when I didn't have to go anywhere instead of now when I have to go back to work on Tuesday and hop all around town this weekend? Anybody else getting snowed on? (also it was -2F when we went to the bar on Friday).

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's an odd lack of snow back in my hometown. Usually it snows between 5-10 feet of snow by January, but right now it has only snowed about 2 feet there and its all melting away. So much for the ski resorts making money.

edit: Shoveling anything over 6 inches sucks and kills the back.

Azazel on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Who shovels? Not me. I live in an apartment and drive a Buick. The lot is plowed, sometimes twice a day, and my car can get over little mounds of snow with a minimum of wheel spinning.

Also, yeah we had a strange lack of snow between christmas and about a week ago, then it all got dumped on us.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Aye, I'd say we got about a foot up here in NH, still coming down too.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Oregon represent!

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    ULTRAMURDERSAMULTRAMURDERSAM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    houston, texas, fools.

ULTRAMURDERSAM on
    I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE PARTY ANIMAL
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    are you going to add yourself to the map or expect us to just remember that?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ULTRAMURDERSAMULTRAMURDERSAM Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i expect god-like merorization from my peers.

...and i didn't get around to it

ULTRAMURDERSAM on
    I HAVE BEEN BITTEN BY THE PARTY ANIMAL
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ok I added myself to the map and I plan to use up my vaction time to go to My first PAX and beyond. See ya there!

Artoria on
  • Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The FF icon is a bit hard to see on the maps, but it's better then the frappr map for sure. I put my address on that and it put my icon in a damn river!

This is working good though, got my marker on there in Everett. Perfectly accurate too, icon is dead center on the roof of my house. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, the frappr map was crap. About halfway through the summer last year, people's markers started disappearing.

Also, it's hard to get the fruit fucker to show up well that small and too much larger and they start overtaking that part of the map.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited January 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    The FF icon is a bit hard to see on the maps, but it's better then the frappr map for sure. I put my address on that and it put my icon in a damn river!

Frappr thinks that you're LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER.

CuZZa on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Coldbrew wrote: »

Frappr thinks that you're LIVIN IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER.

ent052.jpg

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    At least one doughty Englishman shall be flying across the Big Pond to invade Seattle in a wave of crumpets and bad dentistry! Looking forward to meeting you all. Will be my first PAX, finally able to go after University and getting a real job 8-) Hopefully will have some of my other very English minions in tow. Is PAX generally an all-American affair or do many foreigners make the trip? Just curious...

Cheers!
    James

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is PAX generally an all-American affair or do many foreigners make the trip? Just curious...

mostly American, not all American though I know at least for the Brit-types there's LewieP, LPM, and kropotkin at least

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    emorimiku wrote: »
    Is PAX generally an all-American affair or do many foreigners make the trip? Just curious...

mostly American, not all American though I know at least for the Brit-types there's LewieP, LPM, and kropotkin at least

God, i remember talking with LewieP and LPM and Cuzza all at the same time. I was in heaven for a small bit. (I love hearing people with foreign accents)

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Qs23 wrote: »
    emorimiku wrote: »

God, i remember talking with LewieP and LPM and Cuzza all at the same time. I was in heaven for a small bit. (I love hearing people with foreign accents)

We'll see all of them (minus LewieP and LPM--English will invade East-PAX!) again soon.
    I thought the reason why we had the Boston Tea Party was to get away from the English and their redonkulous tea tax?
    BTW--Boston Tea Party Museum...destroyed in a fire in the early 2000s. My sister and two best friends were super sad and reenacted it anywho.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm not sure if I should apologize for the Tea Tax or not, tea is liquid gold after all. Can't survive without it!

Nice to hear I won't be alone, but I'm sure you lot will make an interloper such as myself quite welcome :) I'll carry on making noise and reinforcing stereotypes here until PAX kicks off anyhow. Will no doubt have a boatload of questions to ask about America and her whimsical ways when the time comes to make the trip :P

Cheers,
    James

Frightfully English on
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There are LOTS of international attendees. Working the Will-call lines last year I met people from England, Scotland, France, Aussieland, New Zealand, at least 3 other EU countries that I can't think of, Spain, Portugal, and a group of 9 Irish kids that all came over together. And I KNOW I'm forgetting some.

PAX is quickly taking over the world in a very awesome way.

Tea... Could you bring some of that house blend from Harrod's with you pretty please? I can reimburse you. NO TAX.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    And of course there's the bajillion Canadians I hung out with. They count as foreigners...for now.

redhalo on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Already five of us representing Phx. Nice.

AltDelete on
  • Options
    ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    And of course there's the bajillion Canadians I hung out with. They count as foreigners...for now.

O_o

The Americans have tipped their hand...

I MUST INFORM THE PRIME MINISTER IMMEDIATELY!
    *runs away along the only road in Canada*

ACC3SS on
  • Options
    AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ACC3SS wrote: »
    O_o

The Americans have tipped their hand...

I MUST INFORM THE PRIME MINISTER IMMEDIATELY!
    *runs away along the only road in Canada*

Damnit every time RedHalo EVERY TIME.

brb manhunt

AltDelete on
This discussion has been closed.