As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Druids: If only Dorothy had gotten her PvP trinket.

• LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    mr0range wrote:
    Anyhow, my druid is at 64, it feels good to be powerful for almost the first time it seems.

Fuck, you have to wait until 64? I was under the impression you were supposed to feel powerful at 20.

How can you continue playing a class where you feel gimped all the way to 64? My hunter is so imba it's ridiculous.

Lewisham on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    All the people bitching in the druid thread are really irritating me, but I can't stop reading...

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is a balance build a viable PvP and PvE build? I'm not all that impressed with the feral build I have.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    Is a balance build a viable PvP and PvE build? I'm not all that impressed with the feral build I have.

Yes. I would say you have to have the gear for it but if you look up quest rewards and steer yourself to them you should do fine.

PvP balance is amazing, quite frankly. Especially group PvP. I look at it from a true hybrid perspective. I can heal or dps, and do.

In PvE solo it's excellent. Grouping up people will want either a healer or a tank, thems the breaks. You can be a healer if you want, and you'll probably out dps most any pugger regardless of class when you gear up and learn the playstyle. Still, the stigma is there so be aware of it.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    edited February 2007
    Really, I'm just looking for the best PvP build right now. I'm currently feral spec and I know it's supposed to be really good but I'm just not feeling it.

The real question is that if I go balance will I still be able to tank/DPS on occasion.

FYI - I'm level 70 now.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    Really, I'm just looking for the best PvP build right now. I'm currently feral spec and I know it's supposed to be really good but I'm just not feeling it.

The real question is that if I go balance will I still be able to tank/DPS on occasion.

DPS yes. Tank, probably not a great idea.

What are the problems you're having with feral?

Derrick on
    edited February 2007
    Less "problems" and more "I'm kinda bored." Having played a rogue and Shaman to 60...

I'm just a bit worried because all I seem to see are Feral druids

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    Less "problems" and more "I'm kinda bored." Having played a rogue and Shaman to 60...

Then I'd give it a shot. The playstyle is very different and was quite refreshing for me going from feral->resto->resto/feral to Moonkin.

I don't think I'll ever be going back. And since my plans are to level him to 70 and then dick around from time to time as I level my blood elf mage as my main for raiding purposes, I'll never have to.

Cause man, FUCK +healing gear.

Derrick on
    edited February 2007
    Derrick wrote:
    Tw4win wrote:

Cause man, FUCK +healing gear.

Well, yeah.

Anyway, you've convinced me to try it out. I can always switch back

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, there are a lot of things to love about balance. Dreamstate, moonglow, and lots of +Damage and healing are great for being a healer, and honestly I think balance is a bit less gear dependant in pvp than feral, you don't need as much survivability, and you start off with higher burst damage.

However, I don't think I could ever level as balance. You still have to drink too much and I don't like having to rely on roots. For groups it'd be fantastic, if we ever get threat reduction.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited February 2007
    I'm done with leveling since I'm 70. Granted, I'm going to have to do some grinding to get my flying mount but I want to focus on PvP and instances right now.

Now that I've made the switch, any pointers you can give me or tactics I should know?

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • eric.eric. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey guys.

I'm thinking of starting to play WoW again. I quit in October of this year as a 60 undead warrior, and think Druid might be fun. Are they fun to level up with and run instances with? I actually want to play a healing class for a change, with some versatility in DPS. Thanks!

eric. on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Druids are huge fun in 5mans. Leveling really sucks until 10, then only kind of sucks until 20. After that it's great; we grind faster than most classes which is nice.

Recent patches have made druids pretty powerful. Their versatility really pays off when putting together groups and there's a lot of crazy stuff you can do solo. There's been many a time I've gotten myself out of situations that would have killed any other class.

zilo on
    edited February 2007
    Anyone else use trinity bars with Moonkin form? I can't seem to get it to set up correctly.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I use Trinity, but no Moonkin. It's still broken as hell for caster form, though. :(

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited February 2007
    Anything better out there?

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • TIE FighterTIE Fighter Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I use Bartender. It's damn awesome, I haven't had a single issue with it. Also, I have it swap my bottom two bars every time I shift, it works a charm.

TIE Fighter on
  • FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm using bongos and I'm really liking them. You can switch bars for prowling, so I've freed up some room on my cat bar. I'm pretty sure that it can switch any bars you want it to and it's been more than versatile enough for my needs.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Duno what the overlap is on druid forumers and macro experts, but can someone make me a Growl/Cyclone macro?

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, I had outfitter, but from reading the recent posts, Itemrack is superior? I didn't actually have any sets of armor a the time but I learned how the whole thing worked with swapping and had to make it play nice with Stancesets.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I switched from Itemrack to Outfitter, back to Itemrack. Outfitter's buggy, and there's no easy, simple way to not switch gear when you shift (ie, getting the most out of Furor when tanking).

zilo on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    ItemRack + the fubar addon = greatness.

Echo on
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Duno what the overlap is on druid forumers and macro experts, but can someone make me a Growl/Cyclone macro?

Wait, what exactly do you want the macro to do?

riz on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    riz wrote:

Wait, what exactly do you want the macro to do?
    And why in the world would you put those two skills together? Can you cast cyclone in bear form? (I'm guessing no).

shadowane on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm guessing it would just be a way to get shit off healers (or get them to stay off you if you are the healer). If you're tanking, press the button to use growl. If you're in caster form, press the button to cast cyclone.

Javen on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

And that was from a fucking parry

Javen on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    uhm.. can't he just put
    /cast growl
    /cast cyclone
    (or whatever else the exact spell names are)
    in one macro? You'll get an error message, but wouldn't it work?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

/cast [nostance] Cyclone; [stance:1] Growl

Not really sure why you would want this either. Don't you have growl on a bar dedicated to bear form?

focused7 on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    Just have Cyclone and Growl on the same button place in the actionbar.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Septus wrote:
    Man, epic flight form could be seriously awesome, but I hope it looks really damn cool.

As it is, I love the way the epic gryphons look(hah, every single horde druid ever will choose any alternative to the epic wyvern).

The bitter side of me expects the Horde epic form to just be a recycled manticore model. QQ, etc.

Glal on
  • CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    we all know they are going to be recycled models...

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What's the method to fighting multiple mobs? Outside, two rootable mobs are cake, but more than 2 is almost impossible

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    pounce, mangle, rake, rip, shift to bear swipe till dead.

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I love when that procs.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
    edited February 2007
    So I was under the impression that flying mounts could not be used in Eye of the Storm. However, I just saw one. Can they be used there?

An even better question, if they can - why can't I use my flight form?

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    focused7 wrote:

Not really sure why you would want this either. Don't you have growl on a bar dedicated to bear form?
    I was confused because bars shift based on your form. Just put the growl button on the bear bar and the cyclone button on the caster bar. It's not like you can do one or the other at the same time anyway.

shadowane on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Tw4win wrote:
    So I was under the impression that flying mounts could not be used in Eye of the Storm. However, I just saw one. Can they be used there?

Flying mounts can be used as regular mounts in areas where flight is disabled.

Zek on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    shadowane wrote:
    focused7 wrote:

I was confused because bars shift based on your form. Just put the growl button on the bear bar and the cyclone button on the caster bar. It's not like you can do one or the other at the same time anyway.
    That only works by default on your main bar, and not any additional ones(for example, I use the main bars for number hotkeys and another bar for other buttons). Macros are messy though, the best solution is to use a mod like Bongos that can set up stance changes on all bars.

Zek on
    edited February 2007
    Zek wrote:
    Tw4win wrote:

Flying mounts can be used as regular mounts in areas where flight is disabled.

He was in the air, as far as I could tell

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.