As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Resident Evil 4

124»

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    RE4 is really hard at first, but you get used to it. I thought RE4:Wii was really easy compared to the GCN version, but only because shooting kneecaps was easier.

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There's a small section in the castle that basically crushed me. I didn't play for months and months until my friend wanted to play it.

The section in question:
    The part where Ashley has to use the cranks as monks flood into the room both by her and by you.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So, Dr. Salvador has an african cousin in RE5, do any of you think that the regs wil also get african versions??

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    how can you tell he's african with that burlap sack over his face?

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There's a small section in the castle that basically crushed me. I didn't play for months and months until my friend wanted to play it.

The section in question:
    The part where Ashley has to use the cranks as monks flood into the room both by her and by you.

Yea, its not hard to snipe the dudes triying to get ashley, for me the hard part was fending off the dozen shield guys they throw at you.

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    the shotty is your friend there. one of two shots knock them down, one more on the ground will kill most of them, iirc, then back to sniping.

fire nades are good too, but you have to use them before they get close

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The hardest part of RE4 for me was the village at the beginning. It took me at least a couple days to get through there but once I got used to the controls I don't remember getting stuck anywhere else.

tofu on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The house siege was one of the coolest thing ever done

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    God, I still hate Regenerators just as a residual of the initial 'Oh, what a terrifying indestructible badass! Real creepy now that I blew your legs off with a shutgun aren't you, you asthmatic motherfucker? You little biOHGODOHGODMYFACEGETITOFFGETITOFFOHFUCKOHFUCOHFUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!' moment I had with the first one.

Also, I loved telling my friends that they needed to make sure to get the health items by shooting the fish by the dock before going after the sea monster. So much awesome there.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    the first time you blow a regenrators head off and it GROWS FUCKING BACK is pretty damn awesome.

they were really creative with baddies in 4. The blind psychos were really fun to fight.

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    Arch Guru XXArch Guru XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Did anyone else with the Wii version find that their accuracy using the sniper rifles was actually worse than with normal aiming? Aiming with the remove is so easy that I found it noticeably harder to use the analog stick when zooming in with the rifles.

Also the Wii version makes the shooting galleries a joke; I don't think I failed any of them in my runthrough. On the GC, though, in the upper levels they could get tough.

Arch Guru XX on
    Should have been a rock star.
  • Options
    Milquetoast ThugMilquetoast Thug Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I love the TMP, but I know that a lot of people don't like it.

This is because the TMP's proper use is to save ammo up for everything else via headshots and slowing down crowds by knee capping all of them. Also I personally think it is the best complimentary weapon in the game for the red 9, particularly, when you consider it's (relative) slowness.

Not that it matter's to me, I always use the default handgun to save up monies for uprading everything else.

Milquetoast Thug on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I used the TMP in a couple of spots, usually when I had 300 rounds for it and I just wanted to rip someone apart. Towards the end of the game it's not worth very much, though.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just started a new game on normal.

Just killed the lake thing.

No space left in my bag. :( Not gonna waste money on upgrading the size yet, tho.

Magus` on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I love how it starts and you have to conserve your money to buy things you need right away

And then towards the end you have 100,000+ and you're just looking for stuff to burn it on

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I'm still trying to find the time to finish my pro run to get the PRL, and then I will have done everything in this game. I hope I find the time before RE5 hits. Oh baby does that game look hot.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    LIVE THREAD! LIIIIIIIVE!

I had to bring it back, sorry. I just reached chapter 5 and....... well, I squealed. Fucking regenarotor came from nowhere. He just bit my neck from behind and made me jump. I think it was worse because that was the first one I'd come across. I died there, no surprise. Second face off was even more terrifying when I found they could stretch their freaking arms at you! Hiding in the corner didn't help then. Once I got the scope it wasn't that bad.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Random q about this game.

I played it again recently on the Wii (amazing) and there was a part that I didnt remember on the GC version. I cant remember what part it is exactly:
    Its in the later half of the game. You are seperated from ashley- and i *think* you end up in the mines afterwards. You are waiting for an elevator in long service tunnel like corridors and have to run around and escape one of the main guys henchmen. Its the dude that comes at you through walls.

I didnt kill him. I couldnt. I tried and tried and wasted just about all of my ammo on him and i had stock pilled quite a bit (mostly due to the fact that it was easier to get headshots with the Wii controls)by then.

I didnt remember this part in the orginal GC version though it must have been there. And if i didnt kill him... why does he not come back? Or does he?

Either way that part of the game scared me.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think I know which bit you're referring to.
    basically you have to power the elevator up and as soon as you do that he appears right? The trick to it is the Nitro-whatever tanks in the rooms. Get him close by to one of those and then open one and he'll freeze letting you cap him a good few times. I actually killed him in the GC version (he was in there btw) and just ran away in the Wii version, he doesn't come back or anything.... I'm guesssing the lift didn't go back own

God the ending is difficult. Suspended cage fight is tense.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    double post

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Big Isy wrote: »
    I think I know which bit you're referring to.
    basically you have to power the elevator up and as soon as you do that he appears right? The trick to it is the Nitro-whatever tanks in the rooms. Get him close by to one of those and then open one and he'll freeze letting you cap him a good few times. I actually killed him in the GC version (he was in there btw) and just ran away in the Wii version, he doesn't come back or anything.... I'm guesssing the lift didn't go back own

God the ending is difficult. Suspended cage fight is tense.

Yep thats it!
    I just couldnt kill him in the Wii version. Such an intense fight. I wonder why he never comes back (if you dont kill him). Such a good bad guy / boss fight.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    CowbombCowbomb Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    LIVE THREAD! LIIIIIIIVE!

I had to bring it back, sorry. I just reached chapter 5 and....... well, I squealed. Fucking regenarotor came from nowhere. He just bit my neck from behind and made me jump. I think it was worse because that was the first one I'd come across. I died there, no surprise. Second face off was even more terrifying when I found they could stretch their freaking arms at you! Hiding in the corner didn't help then. Once I got the scope it wasn't that bad.

The easiest way to kill a Regenerator is to blow it's leg off with your Shotgun, then instantly start knifing it whilst it's on the ground. As long as you don't stop slicing away at it, it wont be able to do anything, and will eventually die.

Though that way does take some of the fun out of it...

Cowbomb on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    The easiest way to kill a Regenerator is to blow it's leg off with your Shotgun

That's just cruel.

gtrmp on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've reached Krauser. I don't know ho I got this far, I thought I'd ran out of ammo the previous chapter. When I say I reached Krauser I do mean the topless version. :winky:

Big Classy on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cowbomb wrote: »
    LIVE THREAD! LIIIIIIIVE!

The easiest way to kill a Regenerator is to blow it's leg off with your Shotgun, then instantly start knifing it whilst it's on the ground. As long as you don't stop slicing away at it, it wont be able to do anything, and will eventually die.

Though that way does take some of the fun out of it...
    RE43603.jpg

Silly Leon, that won't save you.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    regenerators are easy once you get the scope. Atleast..... the ones that don't pop up right behind you and try sexing you up with their spikes.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    FINISHED! FUCK YES

Now to find out how to unlock the Chicago Typewriter.

Big Classy on