As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] N00b of Clandestein

• Options
    MondayMonday Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hmmm more like an imaginary friend.

Monday on
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Unless the rest of you guys have any more ideas i think I'm Happy to start swinging at the Hogs.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Im good to go. To be honest I'm tempted to do an Army of Darkness "This is my boomstick" type routine...

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I knorite Im all sipping dirty coffee over the passed 2 days now .

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    There isn't any place to perch (e.g. a window ) and take shots at them (While relatively hidden) is there?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    The floor above the 2nd is a roofless ruin. Outside are a bunch of tree tops.
    The 2nd Floor has mostly lighted rooms.
    The 1st has mostly dark rooms...
    so if you were to shoot at targets outside the building, you risk being seen. Inside however ?

Theres many ways to stay hidden, in this case it would be to keep the enemy guessing. Or hiding within the confusion. Theres no perfect way to zero out your presence.

or is there ?

In any case, it would take knowing the enemy's overall position to see where the blind spots are.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    They presumably have archers right?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Bean has reported that they
    "Only use thrown weapons at best"
    this seems to indicate a group that likes to get up close and intimate like.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    where are the windows located?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    2nd Floor
    ForumMap1web.png

1st Floor
    ForumDUNCANB1.png

where you see openings in the lighting shows the holes in the building that lets light through from outside. (Note that there are even some holes in the cielings) Just know that the classroom windows are approx the same size as the angle of light distorts their shadow.

Edit: Fixed with Floor labels

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so if i see this correctly there are holes to the outside in the locker room on the second floor?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Sorry , the locker rooms are on the ground floor.

And yes, north of the locker rooms there is a big hole.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    so do I have a clear shot at the monsters?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    [IMG][/img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/MrMondays/Tetrawars/ForumDUNCANB1-1.png

you'd have to move a few blocks to get somewhere useable - You're the (S), currently on the ground floor. > Currently working your way upstairs (doesnt take up square movements )
    Your movement range is your current spd in squares.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    where would somewhere usable be? The third floor?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    By useable I mean , within firing range of a hostile. (straight )
    If you want a good shooting spot.
    anywhere by the windows or the higher floors, really. Note where the "gunners" are.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Is there anyway to analyze or do intuition to judge who the leader of the band is?

(I would like to cripple their morality with my bullets :D )

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ask Abysmas to guide your bullets? I'm interested to knowing how that sort of thing works.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    There are certain criteria to go by. If you go by sight for example, you'll know that they are in a stringent formation showing no real order. Few are riders , up to 6 in all. Etc. If you can deduce what to look for, it could make your Emp roll much easier to accomplish.

Heres what you know based on your [Perception] though (Tek+Emp).
    > Formation yields no order but it seems to be engineered to show more numbers than suggested. A common tactic in bluffing.
    > There are 6 riders that are mounted on what looks like large canines. One had been shot by Ceska but the dog he rides on still loiter around. The result of this one's injury had caused the agitated wave of footsoldiers to advance without so much as an order.
    > Knowing this, it would seem that one of the riders command their warriors' restraint and cool, one of them wields a halberd, 3 brandish various sized axes, and one of them wears a helmet but wields no weapon.

Describe how you'd go about finding out the leader and roll emp. I will apply bonuses if you get this right :3

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    "Ether based maneuvers require the focus of one's will to channel their energy to a form and shape " Such had been the age old format of magic.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    hmm i have to wait till the next beat to take a shot correcto?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    well , you rolled. Should you attempt another action within your limitations it would register as "flat" (unrolled) though you can still boost it with spirit.

you can wait till next turn, or use a /reaction/ now. The risk to using up a reaction is that you cant counter react to an enemy's move until next beat.

Monday on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so... I'm guessing I can't do anything else 'till the next beat?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    If you narrate something for someone else like an enemy positions is someone else in the party able to act upon this knowledge or should we just RP that we don't know that yet?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    WB > IF you're within talking distance , you can narrate it to them. This also means that anyone else within talking distance is likely to hear it. Talking doesn't take up your action lest there were special rolls to this "talk".

BC > Actually its the 3rd beat and I'm awaiting an action from you. Sorry if this wasn't clear.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    GM casts: Shameless Plug

http://mrmonday.deviantart.com/gallery/#N0C

Added 5 more pages during break , attempting a simple ink style that fairytail/onepiece uses.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Would my Emp roll that I did last turn, count towards helping my Tek shot (since I was concentrating on that guy? )? Or no?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yes, you get an Emp assist bonus. ( Half of Emp.) Unless you happen to have a scry ability of some sort that says otherwise.

I silently apply bonuses at times and compare them against penalties. In the end, I only report successes through narrative.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Monday wrote: »
    Yes, you get an Emp assist bonus. ( Half of Emp.) Unless you happen to have a scry ability of some sort that says otherwise.

I silently apply bonuses at times and compare them against penalties. In the end, I only report successes through narrative.

Half of my Emp (4) or half my previous roll?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »

Just Flat Emp, Since the roll to boost it occured a turn ago. If you really wanna make this count, boost with spirit. You do face a considerable distance penalty with the handgun (-3)

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Just Flat Emp, Since the roll to boost it occured a turn ago. If you really wanna make this count, boost with spirit. You do face a considerable distance penalty with the handgun (-3)

Ergh...so if I attempted it I would really have to roll something insane right? I take it there are less insane targets entering the building?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Ergh...so if I attempted it I would really have to roll something insane right? I take it there are less insane targets entering the building?

Something a little over 14 would be doable, dont forget that you crit when you roll a 10 (and keep critting if you roll more 10s). Currently 1 raider has breached premises on the northern part of the first floor.

Monday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Something a little over 14 would be doable, dont forget that you crit when you roll a 10 (and keep critting if you roll more 10s). Currently 1 raider has breached premises on the northern part of the first floor.

hmm..so a 8 bonus with the -3 for distance... meaning I'd have to roll at least a 7..hmmm I may try it.

edit: I got lucky it would seem..

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    GM casts: Shameless Plug

http://mrmonday.deviantart.com/gallery/#N0C

Added 5 more pages during break , attempting a simple ink style that fairytail/onepiece uses.

Ha, I like it.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Does the disaster kit I'm carrying contain any of those "strike anywhere" matches?

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    *rolls.

Yes.

Monday on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would like to join, Monday could you PM me will the info that I would need to make a charater?
    That is if it is still possible to join.
    Also, I have some exp in tabletop games (D&D, Warhammer, ect.) but I've never played a pbp game.
    You might have to walk me through it.
    Thanks.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I would like to join, Monday could you PM me will the info that I would need to make a charater?
    That is if it is still possible to join.
    Also, I have some exp in tabletop games (D&D, Warhammer, ect.) but I've never played a pbp game.
    You might have to walk me through it.
    Thanks.

Basic start up is simple enough.

Pick a class, Name.

Squire-Warrior, Fighter Types
    Esper- Caster, Puzzlegame types
    Kit- Bookworm, Logistic support type
    Scout- Survivalist, hard to kill types
    Vagrant-Adventurer, All around custom types

After this you have 5 skill points to spend. Which as said in the past pages can be used as anything.

Level 1 and 2 skills are able to boost some of your actions by a little and i think level 3 skills create a new ability.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    alright
    Im kinda tired tonight so I'll create a charater tommorow.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    thanks for helping warban , and yea, on your end just pick your class,

and use the 5 points to think up of any skill to apply them too.

you can also use the 5 points to put into any stat as well.

>Everyone, my school schedule is gonna get hectic, so I apologize if I let a few days slip by when Im not around. If it helps , I'll post a tentative weekly schedule so that it will give you a heads up on when I'll be around. But generally I check everyday - and if I have time, I'll get to typing up the necessary stuff in a notepad somewheres.

Thanks for all your help guys :D

Monday on