As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Druids: If only Dorothy had gotten her PvP trinket.

• GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, I wish that they had decided to make another race Druidable. I'd love to start a Druid now, but I really don't want to deal with another run through the Tauren starting areas and Barrens.

On the other hand, big dancing bear....

I do have a dumb question, though. Everyone says that Druids need multiple item sets for different purposes. I'm assuming, though, that this only really applies later in the game, right? Also, what do you do about bag space if you need to carry around multiple sets of armor?

OK, so, 2 dumb questions.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    if you can survive the druid starting area, you can go to ashenvale instead of the barrens. just run through the barrens once on your way to org.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    GoodOmens wrote:
    Man, I wish that they had decided to make another race Druidable. I'd love to start a Druid now, but I really don't want to deal with another run through the Tauren starting areas and Barrens.

Ghostlands > Barrens. Just hit 10, get your bear form and switch over. You've even got your Moonglade teleport for training.

Zek on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    GoodOmens wrote:

I do have a dumb question, though. Everyone says that Druids need multiple item sets for different purposes. I'm assuming, though, that this only really applies later in the game, right? Also, what do you do about bag space if you need to carry around multiple sets of armor?

OK, so, 2 dumb questions.

It really does become a late game thing. Though, if you're running in a smaller guild in need of healing or tanking you might want to have at least some int stuff sitting in your bank. I know on the lower levels it's a bag killer...but it's just as much of a killer for the higher ups as well.

Druids tend to try and limit the crap we haul around because of the multiple armor thing. It's just the way things are. -shrug-

DrZiplock on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah I'm 60 and still aren't totally worrying about multiple sets. I think I'll start picking up some gear now as it is more readily available, but we'll see how that goes.

shadowane on
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    shadowane wrote:
    Yeah I'm 60 and still aren't totally worrying about multiple sets. I think I'll start picking up some gear now as it is more readily available, but we'll see how that goes.

You also can't heal worth shit and are pure mew mew mew! The reason you don't want more healing gear is so that I'm the one who gets stuck with sum druid is heel.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Most times you just need a decent healing set (especially if you're resto).

If you're resto...carry a feral set for soloing and call it good.

I'm balance. That does well enough for my healing set now, and I carry a semi-decent tank set for when a quest requires it, or the guild is all "oh noes..no tanks." I'm not all that effetive, but I'm a better option than a shammy or a rogue.

DrZiplock on
  • mr0rangemr0range Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DrZiplock wrote:
    Most times you just need a decent healing set (especially if you're resto).

If you're resto...carry a feral set for soloing and call it good.

I carry 2 sets, my main feral garb and when someone knocks on LFG, I have my healing set. My healing set is +600 healing ... I never tell anyone I'm feral, I just show up in my healing set and heal my tits off and no-one knows any the wiser.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • vitriolvitriol Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    See, now that I'm a few hours away from 70 on my mage, I don't know if I should take one of my other 60s (priest, hunter) up next, or level up my STORNG DURID who is at the moment level 24, seeing as they seem to be the recipient of muchos blizzard loving atm. Of course by the time I got it to 70 they would have moved onto something else, like warriors.

Haha, warriors! I kill me!

vitriol on
  • drinkinstoutdrinkinstout Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I personally started keeping different pieces of armor as soon as I started healing people in instances - so like around 20ish. The drops and quest rewards are varied enough that you should get "feral" type pieces and "caster" ones regularly.

Once you reach high levels, the amount of gear you keep is pretty much reliant on your spec, what you do in raids and if you pvp or not.

I have a friend who is a boomkin and will heal in instances - she doesnt pvp either so she's got less than 2 full sets of gear. I'm feral, sometimes main heal and sometimes pvp, so I've got an entire solo/dps gear set, tanking set, healing set, various resist pieces, an almost full hybrid/pvp set and a whole slew of special purpose trinkets, rings and necklaces.

It seems to be all personal choice really.

drinkinstout on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jesus, Force of Nature is all kinds of awesome. I was grinding my way through Un'goro Crater taking on 4 even level raptors at a time (without Entangling Roots or Hibernate), just spitting out DoTs, channelling Hurricane and letting those vicious little bastards tear the shit out of everything.
    It's that kind of thing that makes me enjoy Moonkin so much. Does anyone know how +Spell-damage effects my Treants though? Is this going to be a case of awesome-at-50 but steadily-less-awesome as I approach 70?

SpongeCake on
  • mr0rangemr0range Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What's the method to fighting multiple mobs? Outside, two rootable mobs are cake, but more than 2 is almost impossible

Here's my method (this is with up to 5 mobs) ... Do as much damage as I can tollerate on one mob in cat form ( this is if the mobs are 2-3) usually I can kill a mob in 5-10sec. If they are starting to gang up on you, hit rejuv then change to bear. Swipe and stun and whatever until you can't stand it anymore, shift to heal (bash if you can before this to have one less mob hitting you for a bit). This is the tricky part since you can't watch your health and go "OLOLZ I have 1000hp left" then you switch out and you have like 400 and things hit you twice as hard. Anyways, cast barkskin (not really to lessen the blows, though it helps, but because your casting can't be slowed by hits) cast rejuv to ease the pain while casting, cast healing touch, cast regrowth, shift back to bear ... FITE! If you see you're getting a bit low, build up some rage buffer for a frenzied regen, don't shift out right away or it will go away as well (I've been the victim of my own self doing this) .... hope you win.

9/10 I win .... there's the odd time where stuff will not die (I've had a mob dodge, parry, dodge, miss miss, parry dodge once), one time I couldn't move my character so I started panicing about that instead of focussing on the fight ... sometimes you just get 8 birds who daze you and insta-kill you.

mr0range on
    dvd_banner.jpg
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You realize what the flight form epic quest is going to entail, right?

I can almost guarentee they will make us go to Hyjal.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • BernardBernard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MuddBudd wrote:

Is going to Hyjal or getting something from MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx harder to do? Though a party of 20-30 level 70 Druids could probably tear those places to pieces if you didn't need to kill the tranq shot bosses.

Bernard on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MuddBudd wrote:

Guys. Epic Flight Form = Flying Moonkin.

IT MUST BE SO.

SpongeCake on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well just hit level 40 on my druid. Should I keep going through feral to get mangle, or should I rush over to OOC?

dojango on
    edited February 2007
    Bernard wrote:
    Is going to Hyjal or getting something from MC, BWL, AQ40, and Naxx harder to do? Though a party of 20-30 level 70 Druids could probably tear those places to pieces if you didn't need to kill the tranq shot bosses.

Here is what it takes to get into Hyjal.
    Caverns of Time: Mount Hyjal will ship with World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade expansion retail launch. The dungeon requires 25 player raid groups. However, not everyone can enter the dungeon. This dungeon requires many pre-requisites:

1. You must be level 70

2. Complete Caverns of Time: Durnholde (Old Hillsbrad) and Complete Caverns of Time: Dark Portal (Black Morass).

3. Talk to Soridormi (Adult) - the consort of Nozdormu. You may find her roaming around the clockwork in Caverns of Time. She will give you a quest titled: The Vial's of Eternity.

However, this is no 1-2-3 immediate quest. To acquire the two vials of eternity requires the completition of many quest chains that will take months to accomplish and good gear.

4. You must complete the Cipher of Damnation quest chain in Shadowmoon Valley and the Stormspire quests in Netherstorm. The Stormspire quest chain starts in Area 52 with the Consortium Ethereal. The chain ends when Nexus-Prince Harammad sends you to A'dal with a crystal. Maybe you should have talked to Akama at the Warden's Cage in Shadowmoon Valley.

5. A'dal will give you the Arcatraz Key quest: The crystal key is divided in two halves. The first half is held by the last boss of Tempest Keep: Botanica - Splintertree. The second half is held by the last boss of Tempest Keep: Mechanar. Once you assemble the Arcatraz Key and have completed the two quest chains: Stormspire and Cipher of Damnation -- Khadgar will talk to you, asking you to talk to A'dal. A'dal will give you the Kael'Thas dungeon key chain quest. The key is named Tempest Key - for the final showdown with Prince Kael'Thas Sunstrider.

6. Brace yourself - - you need to be revered with the Sha'tar Reputation faction to obtain the Tempest Keep Heroic-Dungeon key, Revered with the Lower City to obtain the Auchenai Key to unlock the Auchindoun Dungeons in Heroic-mode, Revered with the Cenarion Expedition to unlock the Heroic-mode for Coilfang Reservoir dungeons, and Revered with Thrallmar/Honor Hold to unlock the Heroic-mode Difficulty for Hellfire Citadel dungeons. Hope you have had fun reading this far.

7. Complete Trial of the Naaru: Mercy; Trial of the Naaru: Strength; and Trial of the Naaru: Tenacity. No easy task ... for you have to complete the three trials in Heroic-mode. Trash mobs hit for 15,000 non-crit damage, no less. You have to kill Murmur in Auchindoun: Shadow Laberynth, retrieve an unused Axe of the Executioner from Hellfire Citadel: Shattered Halls, Kalithresh's Trident in Coilfang Reservoir: Steamvaults, and to rescue Millhouse Manastorm (gnome) after killing the last boss of Tempest Keep: Arcatraz. Once you have completed those four dungeons in Heroic-mode, return to A'dal and he will grant you the Tempest Key to enter Prince Kael'Thas dungeon -- which requires 25 players. Kill Kael'Thas and loot his Vial of Eternity.

8. Now you need to kill Lady Vashj and loot her Vial of Eternity. No data has been gathered concerning the requirements to enter Lady Vashj's dungeon.

9. By now you should be Friendly with the Scales of the Sands faction.

10. Now you can enter Caverns of Time: Mount Hyjal

In this dungeon you go back in time 4 years into the past to fight alongside Malfurion Stormrage, Tyrande Whisperwind, Thrall, and Jaina Proudmoore against Archimonde and the Burning Legion. Your mission is to stop the Infinity Dragonflight from altering time.

THE VIALS OF ETERNITY

INTRO

Soridormi: The Battle of Mount Hyjal is one of the most well-guarded events of this timeline. Should an intruder alter its outcome, the impact would extend to all subsequent moments in history.

As the Aspect's prime mate I'm far more in tune with the flow of time than other bronze dragons. I recently sensed a minute ripple in time emanating from the events surrounding the Battle of Mount Hyjal. Someone or something is attempting to change this timeline and they must be stopped.

Soridormi: Seven vials were drawn from the Well of Eternity by Illidan. He poured three into the lake on top of Mount Hyjal and a second Well of Eternity was created. For years the rest were believed lost.

With the opening of the Dark Portal, we've come to know that he gave one each to his lieutenants Kael'thas and Vashj. Retrieve what remains of them; we wil need them as foci to open a gateway to any events tied to Mount Hyjal, recent or ancient. The outcome of the Battle of Mount Hyjal must be preserved.

I've asked the impossible of you, yet I expect you to succeed. Much depends on it.

QUEST OBJECTIVES

Soridormi at Caverns of Time wants you to retrieve Vashj's Vial Remnant from Lady Vashj at Coilfang Reservoir and Kael's Vial Remnant from Kael'Thas Sunstrider at Tempest Keep.

Rewards: 24g 60s

MuddBudd on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Aside from the rep, the raw time commitment isn't that bad.

Javen on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Javen wrote:
    Aside from the rep, the raw time commitment isn't that bad.
    Even the rep isn't really bad. I'm already honored with Cenarion Expedition and I didn't even try to get there.

shadowane on
  • Machine04Machine04 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Can you imagine the shit storm that would follow if our epic flight form came from hyjal? Since we have to pony up the 5k for training anyway, I dont see it as being any harder that running a heroic or two, some running around, and being done.

I'm thinking its going to be a quest similar to the priest and hunter epics, where they need to solo a tough encounter with their abilities. At least, thats my hope.

Machine04 on
    Winwell - 70 Tauren Druid Whisperwind
    Skorrn - 60 Orc Rogue Whisperwind
  • Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Machine04 wrote:
    Can you imagine the shit storm that would follow if our epic flight form came from hyjal? Since we have to pony up the 5k for training anyway, I dont see it as being any harder that running a heroic or two, some running around, and being done.

I'm thinking its going to be a quest similar to the priest and hunter epics, where they need to solo a tough encounter with their abilities. At least, thats my hope.

It'll be hard enough to warrant the 100g we don't have to pay. That's all, I would imagine.

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Machine04 wrote:

It'll be hard enough to warrant the 100g we don't have to pay. That's all, I would imagine.

I hope it ends up costing alot more. An epic instant cast flying form? for 100g less than everyone else? ovapowa.

Golem on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Golem wrote:
    Machine04 wrote:

I hope it ends up costing alot more. An epic instant cast flying form? for 100g less than everyone else? ovapowa.

Again, instant cast, but no crusader aura/speed buffs.

And it shouldn't offer any advantage in pvp over the normal flying form, because once you're in flight, you're pretty much safe from almost all classes.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Septus wrote:
    Golem wrote:
    Machine04 wrote:

Again, instant cast, but no crusader aura/speed buffs.

And it shouldn't offer any advantage in pvp over the normal flying form, because once you're in flight, you're pretty much safe from almost all classes.

All I know is that Im still setting here on my Shaman. And I have yet to recieve a Ghost Flying Form. Until that day, out of sheer spite, I hope the druid quest is 10x the cost of epic mount + training. Once Shamans get that or a super jump totem, druids can do whatever they want.

Golem on
    edited February 2007
    >.> You can't attack while on a mount, but you can while in travel form.

<.< That's totally overpowered. :roll:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2007
    PikaPuff wrote:
    >.> You can't attack while on a mount, but you can while in travel form.

<.< That's totally overpowered. :roll:

Yeah but it's weak as hell cause it's tied to your weapon.

MuddBudd on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Cheetah form does. 4.0 attack speed or something, it's pretty much only good for whacking critters.

zilo on
    edited February 2007
    zilo wrote:
    Cheetah form does. 4.0 attack speed or something, it's pretty much only good for whacking critters.
    Yeah that was my joke. On a side note, I always forget to get out of travel form when running into a mob and try to do kitty attacks and such.
    its your weapon speed so you may aswell be whacking away in caster form.
    While flying 8000000000 ft in the air? D:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    its your weapon speed so you may aswell be whacking away in caster form.

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    MuddBudd wrote:
    Bernard wrote:

Here is what it takes to get into Hyjal.

Yes but as people have been telling me getting a group for the others would be a pain. So which would really be harder to accomplish.

Bernard on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    shadowane wrote:

You also can't heal worth shit and are pure mew mew mew! The reason you don't want more healing gear is so that I'm the one who gets stuck with sum druid is heel.

:lol:

I used to save healer pieces while leveling just in case, but you never use them while soloing, and when I did instances I was usually the tank with my shaman friend on haelz. It wasn't until raiding that things got crazy (melee set, tank set, heal set, melee FR, melee NR, extra resist shit for the times I might have had to heal).

riz on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ok I need some help here. New to WoW, got very bored with my Mage pretty quick. High damage is cool and all, but damn the class is boring. I mean the only thing I'm really looking forward to is Blink, and that is kinda crappy.

Long story short, I rolled a Druid because I wanted some diversity and someone said go for it. I ran to level 12 in a few hours and HOLY SHIT I love this class. There is so many options for play style it's awesome.

That being said, I'm going to start collecting Armor sets for each individual form. And that is where I need some help.

For Caster I'm going with Stanima/Spirit. Should I go with something else?
    For Bear I'm not so sure. Strength and Agility? Stamina?
    I don't know about the Cat form yet, so suggestions for Stats and Forms would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance :D

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited February 2007
    Ok I need some help here. New to WoW, got very bored with my Mage pretty quick. High damage is cool and all, but damn the class is boring. I mean the only thing I'm really looking forward to is Blink, and that is kinda crappy.

Long story short, I rolled a Druid because I wanted some diversity and someone said go for it. I ran to level 12 in a few hours and HOLY SHIT I love this class. There is so many options for play style it's awesome.

That being said, I'm going to start collecting Armor sets for each individual form. And that is where I need some help.

For Caster I'm going with Stanima/Spirit. Should I go with something else?
    For Bear I'm not so sure. Strength and Agility? Stamina?
    I don't know about the Cat form yet, so suggestions for Stats and Forms would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance :D

Forget Spirit go with Int/Stam for caster, Spirit 3rd I guess. Other then out of combat and during innervate you wont notice Spirit that much.

For Bear I think it is Str/Stam then Agility, for Cat it is like Rogues Agl/Str followed by Stam. I think that covers it. Also for Bear look for high armor even if you sacrifice a few stats because it is a percentage increase to armor when you shift thus giving you more bang for your buck.

Bernard on
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    While leveling

(in order of what I think is most important)

Caster - Int, Stam, Spi
    Bear and Cat - Str, Stam, Agi

You can pretty much make do with 2 sets while leveling.

focused7 on
    edited February 2007
    Int only effects the Critical rate right?

HallowedFaith on
    edited February 2007

No, it affects amount of Mana and Crit rate. Spirit is mana and health regen rate only.

Bernard on
    edited February 2007
    focused7 wrote:
    While leveling

(in order of what I think is most important)

Caster - Int, Stam, Spi
    Bear and Cat - Str, Stam, Agi

You can pretty much make do with 2 sets while leveling.
    Yeah you can do just fine the first 40 levels with only two sets. Hell, i went pure feral and did just fine, even when I had to be a healer.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2007
    Ohh, crap. I had it in my head that Spirit was Mana total for some reason.. crap, I'm an idiot.

Awesome. Thanks for the info guys. :)

HallowedFaith on
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Spell crit, mana and weapon skillup are affected by int.

Melee crit comes from AGI

focused7 on
  • porovaaraporovaara Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    WTF did all the druids come from?

Remember when they were the most rare class on each side? (Okay maybe not true.) On my server doing a /who during prime time shows twice as many druids as shaman... almost as many as rogues.

Where were these guys when we sucked? :P

porovaara on
    jubeiForPA.jpg
This discussion has been closed.