As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer 40k: We don't need no guardsmen, let the M'Fers burn

1565758596062»

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I realise it's not a good idea to put this on the last page but bleh.

PICTURES FROM APOCALYPSE!
    First off here are the pictures I took last week of the amazing IG models belonging to Roland.
    Roland1.jpg
    Roland2.jpg
    Roland3.jpg
    Roland4.jpg

Also SJ's Space Sharks
    Spacesharks1-1.jpg

Oh and W.O. Dawes' Dreadnought kill tally from last month's paint and play. I'm proud of it.
    Dawes.jpg

Ok that's out of the way.
    Here is our deployment.
    ApocDeployment.jpg
    ApocDeployment2.jpg
    ApocDeployment3.jpg

An Awesome Thunderbolt that I got to use.
    Thunderbolt.jpg

My reserves after I deployed the baneblade and Titan.
    ApocReserves.jpg

Their Deployment.
    TheirDeployment.jpg

My first use of an orbital bombardment was less than stellar. I killed a single terminator, a single chaos bike, and a single necron. The dude still killed more that triple his cost.
    Suicide1.jpg

My second, and much more successful strike by Cpl Hicks.
    Before. Green circles are where the lootas were.
    Suicide2-1.jpg
    After
    Suicide2.jpg

Midgame shot. Note that the Warhound has taken a lot of fire, but the big stompa is gone. In one shot it went from full health to gone by a very lucky blast that kept causing chain reactions.
    Battleshot.jpg

"The Last Charge of the Last Chancers." In an attempt to contest an objective inside the enemy held warehouse I flew the Arvus right inside to have Schaeffer and Kage try to hold it.
    LastCharge.jpg
    This is what was outside.
    Warhouse.jpg
    There were two other large squads of necrons as well as a lord. Schaeffer and Kage held for two turns!

Drop Pod Assault!
    Droppodstrike.jpg
    Intermixed in there you can see my Veterans joining the space marine assault. The Space Marines got almost completely destroyed immediately, but I managed to move up and contest the objective, the black thing in the ruin. I even captured it on the last turn before it going back to contested.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think the Iron Hands are kind of in the same boat.
    Iron Hands don't really have a specific relationship with the inquisition. They're a codex chapter, for the most part, but hate pretty much everyone, especially the original legions who they blame for letting the emperor (and their primarch) die. They have a close relationship with the adeptus mechanicus, but nothing too heretical.

Awesome pics tim. Is that a double monolith I see in one of the battlefield shots? Like, one stacked on top of the other.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pretty badass, Tim :^:

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dayspring wrote: »
    I think the Iron Hands are kind of in the same boat.
    Iron Hands don't really have a specific relationship with the inquisition. They're a codex chapter, for the most part, but hate pretty much everyone, especially the original legions who they blame for letting the emperor (and their primarch) die. They have a close relationship with the adeptus mechanicus, but nothing too heretical.

Awesome pics tim. Is that a double monolith I see in one of the battlefield shots? Like, one stacked on top of the other.

It was that Uber Monolith thing the necron guy built. It died in the first shooting phase to a shit ton of railguns.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am jealous of people who get to play real for serious Apocalypse games

The biggest game I've ever played was 3k a side, and that one stunk because the other team were sore losers about getting their uncoordinated asses handed to them from turn one

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    We had a tank-only Apoc game at the store to celebrate 5th Edition (after everyone else, as we have a public holiday on 12th July), that's my only Apoc game to date.

My Hellhammer's reactor went critical before it got a shot off. :(

Wildcat on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Another noob question:
    I understand there are several chapters who are "special" enough to have special rules and stuff like that. So what happens if I choose some less known chapter? I'd be willing to do that because I'm mostly about painting now and I don't like any of the Codex Chapters colour schemes.

I know that you can take a codex chapter hero, change his name and keep his abilities but what about rules for the whole army? Am I not losing something this way?

Mayday on
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mayday wrote: »
    Another noob question:
    I understand there are several chapters who are "special" enough to have special rules and stuff like that. So what happens if I choose some less known chapter? I'd be willing to do that because I'm mostly about painting now and I don't like any of the Codex Chapters colour schemes.

I know that you can take a codex chapter hero, change his name and keep his abilities but what about rules for the whole army? Am I not losing something this way?

You choose whatever set of rules you wish to use, and paint your army however you want. There's no restrictions on paint jobs. They're your models.

SJ on
    edited January 2009
    Ah, that makes sense. I'm gonna make a cool backstory for the Angrymarines chapter then.

Ok, maybe not.

Mayday on
    edited January 2009
    I dunno, I think that the most advertised chapter being called the Ultramarines opens you up to name your army whatever the hell you want

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited January 2009
    Well, Ultramarines is a terrible pun. I sometimes wonder how many players are actually aware of it. Then again, most of them have to buy the Ultramarine Blue paint for them... but maybe they think it's named after the chapter?

Mayday on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well, Ultramarines is a terrible pun. I sometimes wonder how many players are actually aware of it. Then again, most of them have to buy the Ultramarine Blue paint for them... but maybe they think it's named after the chapter?

I wasn't, not until you mentioned it.

Though that's pretty funny now :p

Rend on
    edited January 2009
    Y'know, it's pretty embarrassing that I haven't noticed that before now

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited January 2009
    I actually had a conversation about that with a guy the other day. What in the world would convince someone to name their chapter ultra____ is beyond me.

SJ on
    edited January 2009
    Hey SJ, I picked up Soulstorm on the cheap. How do I sign up for the early DOW2 Beta?

Librarian's ghost on

• Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey SJ, I picked up Soulstorm on the cheap. How do I sign up for the early DOW2 Beta?

enter the cd key into "active a product on steam" or something.

Canada_jezus on
    edited January 2009

Yeah. Get onto Steam, go to the "My Games" tab, click "Activate product on Steam" and then input your CD-Key. Remember to add dashes, also.

Oh, and start posting in the DoW2 thread in G&T! There's a DoW2 group on steam, also, that's open and you should join.

SJ on
    edited January 2009
    SJ wrote: »

Yeah. Get onto Steam, go to the "My Games" tab, click "Activate product on Steam" and then input your CD-Key. Remember to add dashes, also.

Oh, and start posting in the DoW2 thread in G&T! There's a DoW2 group on steam, also, that's open and you should join.

Done. Do I need to install Soulstorm through steam? I'm installing right now the old way.

Librarian's ghost on

edited January 2009

Done. Do I need to install Soulstorm through steam? I'm installing right now the old way.

Don't install it at all. Once you register it with steam, it'll download.

SJ on
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Heh, that reminds me. On a whim I picked up that old Fire Warrior game for the PS2. The reviews are less than stellar, but it was only a couple of bucks, and I play tau, so I figured what the hell.

Foolish Chaos on
    edited January 2009
    I actually had a conversation about that with a guy the other day. What in the world would convince someone to name their chapter ultra____ is beyond me.

For a while, I was intending to make my Orks the "Sooperorks", with lots of stolen shoulderpads and Nobs wearing Space Marine helmets as caps and big splotches of blue paint

that fell through because I am a lazy, undisciplined human being

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Heh, that reminds me. On a whim I picked up that old Fire Warrior game for the PS2. The reviews are less than stellar, but it was only a couple of bucks, and I play tau, so I figured what the hell.
    Me too! It's ... interesting.

Wildcat on
    edited January 2009
    Anyone planning on making the new thread?

Librarian's ghost on

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I haven't had time to do it, but we need to get the OP fixed, broken and bad links repaired, etc. All I have right now are the race descriptions, with fixed links to the GW homepage.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I had a neat idea the other day while dicking around on Lexicanum, and since I'll probably never get around to it I thought I'd throw it out here for whoever to use.

Apparently, when the World Eaters turned to Chaos they went around and killed the everloving fuck out of their Librarians. I thought a cool idea for a Chaos Space Marines army would be to have one World Eaters Librarian as the commander (represented by a Sorcerer, obviously) with a bunch of mentally enslaved Berserkers as his minions. Paint the whole thing up in pre-Heresy World Eaters colors and do some cool conversions on the Berserkers to show the Sorcerer's domination.

Well, I thought it was cool. Maybe if I ever have money again I'll throw together a squad or two.

Mongrel Idiot on
  • AlphariusAlpharius Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    sounds pretty cool to me - I've always loved niche fluff armies

Alpharius on
    Check out my 40k blog: WarHamSandwich
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just a heads up:

I won't create the new thread.

Sharp101 on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've got time tonight, and I just cracked open a beer. New title suggestions?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Warhammer 50k: 10,000 threads have passed, future still grimdark

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited January 2009
    Warhammer 40k: Rolll a save for your wallet.

(Also, I just bought too many fucking marines :().

Mayday on
    edited January 2009
    Can anyone think of anything that is a must-add to the OP?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You must stress that Orks are the awesomest at every possible chance.

Because they are.

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    More bullet-holes near the Orks entry?

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Warhammer 40k: Rolll a save for your wallet.

(Also, I just bought too many fucking marines :().

I think that was the title of one of the old threads actually :D

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited January 2009
    As this marks page 100, new op up.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • CMDanteCMDante Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If i was going to do an ig force it'd be catachan, burly topless men oh my

If I did Catachan I'd give them all huge ass 70's mustaches and make them look like they are from the Village People.:winky:

Also this right here is what GW needs to do for a new regiment.
    IMG_1173.jpg
    The single best Blood Pact model I've ever seen.

It's wouldn't take much. Just a conversion pack with replacement heads and some gear with Chaos stuff on it.

Hi guys,

First post here in the forums but have been Penny-Arcade follower since 2003. I was actually looking for a friends blog with some blood pact info when I stumbled across this thread with a picture of my work in it so thought I should post.

The pic above is a blood pact trooper I produced last November, it is part of a planned squad entry to the UK Golden Demon's 2009. At the moment, he is the only painted member of the squad. However, I have finished putting together a second member along with a few other heads pictured below.

IMG_1151.jpg
    IMG_1154.jpg

More pics here.

I have been asked by alot of people on other forums if I would consider sculpting up a set of blood pact style heads and casting them for sale (I noticed timspork said he would pay alot of money for them so how could I resist!:wink:). Some of you may be pleased to know that it is something I plan on doing in the coming months. At the moment just trying to find a suitable place to have them cast. If people would like, I would be more than happy to post progress on this in here?

I'm not sure how much interest there is in the painting and modelling side of the hobby (it's my main interest to be honest, don't have time to game) here? Is it alright to post modelling progress in here too?

Cheers,

Dante

CMDante on
  • DampCatDampCat Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hi dude. You've managed to dig up the old 40k thread, but for your work i think that's totally acceptable.

You are VERY welcome to post your modelling progress in this thread. Your work is amazing and we'd love to follow your WIP.

You'll see in the thread i've linked, we have a few resident modellers who are awesome at what they do. You'll fit right in!

DampCat on
    fiawal6.jpg
    "EVEN IN DEATH I STILL COOK MOTHERFUCKERS".