As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Take out those goddamn 88s soldier (FoW thread)((OP less terrible))

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man, you people are terrible at convincing me of things

anybody at least got some cools stories?

PiptheFair on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I read the rules. They seem pretty streamlined and interesting. There seems to be a ton of variety in the different kinds of armies you can field. If there is a strong community in your area, and you have an interest in the time period then I see no reason not to play this game Pip.

Inquisitor on
  • krylon666krylon666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i found a store thats pretty close to me (showcase comics near Philadelphia, in case anyone else is local) that plays this regularly, and stocks the entire line in store. i picked up the rule book so i can get familiar with things, but i'm not sure what army i want to start with. the guys at the store say they play pretty much any time period at 1500-1750pts. i'm sure someone could accommodate by playing less points if i started smaller, but those boxed armies look good and ring in around 1500pts.

any suggestions on a starting force? in the end i'll probably just have to pick something i thought was awesome historically - sadly thats most things from WW2. i was checking out the Panzergrenadierkompanies from Hitler's Fire Brigade and the armored mechanized infantry look and sound awesome. but since i don't know the rules yet, i'm not sure whats effective etc.

so yeah, lets keep talking about this!

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    So, I just bought a book, a PGkompanie and a knonigstiger

and what do I see on the front page the day after I buy a rulebook

SON OF A FUCK

PiptheFair on
  • JWashkeJWashke Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuck yes. Flames of War is the only miniatures game I still play regularly.

I play mid war british, mid and late war US and am about to start a Late war German force. Pip you don't really need the starter set, the only real advantage is the mini rulebook If you don't want to pay 50 bucks for the full size one, but the full size one has a lot of cool fluff and stuff too.

For people who are starting I would first try to figure out what era you want to play. The game is split up into 3 periods, Early War (1939-1941), Mid War (1942-1943) and Late War (1944-1945). Right now Battlefront is releasing books and models in the Late War period. With Mid War already have been covered in previous books.

The forces are really only balanced to play against their respective Time Period, For example my Mid War british army would be demolished entirely by a king tiger with no way to hurt it except maybe getting very lucky with air support or artillery rolls.

A lot of stuff can carry over to other periods, especially if you don't care about uniforms. With FoW though there seem to be 2 types of players. The tabletop gamers and the history buffs. My group is pretty large and has its fair share of both, and I have had people not want to play because I was playing a late war game using my British in tropical uniforms, which they didn't wear after leaving the North Africa/Sicily.

If you guys have any specific questions I would be happy to answer them.
    For smaller armies there is pretty much every army available to play including Finland, Romania, Hungary, and Italy. And on the website they have official PDF's for Free french, free greeks, free poles and others.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    krylon666 wrote: »
    i found a store thats pretty close to me (showcase comics near Philadelphia, in case anyone else is local) that plays this regularly, and stocks the entire line in store. i picked up the rule book so i can get familiar with things, but i'm not sure what army i want to start with. the guys at the store say they play pretty much any time period at 1500-1750pts. i'm sure someone could accommodate by playing less points if i started smaller, but those boxed armies look good and ring in around 1500pts.

any suggestions on a starting force? in the end i'll probably just have to pick something i thought was awesome historically - sadly thats most things from WW2. i was checking out the Panzergrenadierkompanies from Hitler's Fire Brigade and the armored mechanized infantry look and sound awesome. but since i don't know the rules yet, i'm not sure whats effective etc.

so yeah, lets keep talking about this!

The boxed armies are excellent balanced starter forces. One thing I will say about this game is that your army choice can be very important. Because you could be facing an infantry or armored company at any time you have to be prepared to take all comers.

For starter forces I'm not sure if theres a certain one I would recommend. Know that Panzer Grenadier companies can be a bit difficult because You have a very small elite force and have to be careful how you use it. Of course its easier than SS Panzer grenadiers which are even smaller and elitier...

I would either choose a force that interestes you historically, or else one that matches your play style. Do you want infantry or armor? Do you want a small elite force or a horde, or a mix of the two.

Pip what book and what Panzer gren company did you pick up?

Edit: People need to start posting in here so I don't have to keep posting after myself. I thought I would add a few pics of a game we played a couple weeks ago, so people can see the game in action. Romanians defend against 5000 points of the Soviet horde.
    cid_image001_jpg01C96EC7.jpg
    cid_image003_jpg01C96EC7.jpg
    cid_image009_jpg01C96EC7.jpg
    cid_image005_jpg01C96EC7.jpg
    cid_image018_jpg01C96EC7.jpg

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    thanks for the info JW, and keep the pics coming though! i love seeing the game in action, and i need ideas for the tabletop i'm making anyway.

i'm really torn trying to decide what i want to play but i think i settled on starting with an American force. either an armored division supported by mechanised infantry / field artillery - or a infantry division supported by armor. i need to look at the stats for things and read some more battle reports before i can make a "smarter" decision on what would be balanced.

i was considering getting some of the Old Glory miniatures instead to save on cash. i priced out the equivalent to the 2nd Armored Division boxset using Old Glory stuff and it was over $100 cheaper and you ended up w/ more stuff, since they sell 3x packs etc. do you know of anyone who uses those models too? i compared some high-res images of a few FoW minis with the OG stuff and they seem pretty comparable as far as the sculpts go.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    thanks for the info JW, and keep the pics coming though! i love seeing the game in action, and i need ideas for the tabletop i'm making anyway.

i'm really torn trying to decide what i want to play but i think i settled on starting with an American force. either an armored division supported by mechanised infantry / field artillery - or a infantry division supported by armor. i need to look at the stats for things and read some more battle reports before i can make a "smarter" decision on what would be balanced.

i was considering getting some of the Old Glory miniatures instead to save on cash. i priced out the equivalent to the 2nd Armored Division boxset using Old Glory stuff and it was over $100 cheaper and you ended up w/ more stuff, since they sell 3x packs etc. do you know of anyone who uses those models too? i compared some high-res images of a few FoW minis with the OG stuff and they seem pretty comparable as far as the sculpts go.

Yeah I had a very difficult time choosing any army which is why I ended up with 3. Both are pretty balanced lists, really your choice should boil down to whether you want to attack or defend, Infantry will be defending most missions while Tanks will be attacking. US Armor especially is meant to close in fast with the enemy to get shots on the german side armor, Its often the only way you can hurt there heavier stuff.

One awesome thing about US is they pretty much used the same uniforms/equipment for the whole war. So everything you buy can be used for Mid War and Late War. Just add a few 76mm shermans or maybe an 155mm artillery battery if you want it for late war. But they are not needed.

For books you want Afrika which contains US for Mid War or Fortress Europe/Festung Europa for late War (Fortress Europe being an updated version of Festung Europa but both are legal.) These books will contain rules for US Armor/Infantry/Mechanised/Recon/Rangers/Airborne for thier respective periods.

You can also get Bloody Omaha which has rules for US Assault Companies (Infantry that hit the beach on D-day which carried an abundance of firepower including the only time US gets to use Flamethrowers. Or Operation Cobra which gives specific Rules for the 2nd and 3rd Armor division including allowing you to use non mechanized infantry to support armor which normally is not allowed.

I haven't seen anyone use Old Glory but I have heard the quality is a little lower than FoW, but again I haven't seen them in person so I don't really know. Honestly the scale is so small that I don't think it will make that big a difference on the table. I certainly wouldn't care what miniatures my opponents are using as long as they are on the FoW bases which are sold separately.

You mentioned that their sold in x3 packs, I just wanted to make sure you know that FoW sells platoons of Tanks in boxes of 5. Which also includes crew, stowage, and decals. But if the Old Glory miniatures are that much cheaper than I see no problem going with them.

Oh also Chaosorc (www.chaosorc.com) sells FoW miniatures at 20% off which is a pretty good deal. I actually ordered a US Rifle Company from them Yesterday. I'll make sure to post my progress as I paint them when they arrive.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    cool. i bought the rule book the other day and managed to get most of the others off a friends of mine. so i'll be reading away. i'll probably proxy some of the stuff using my Tide of Iron models just to test out some things too.

i'll definitely checkout ChaosOrc. i browsed there before for some warhammer stuff awhile ago. how is the shipping, do they have a fixed rate or anything? also, do you know where they ship from?

as far as the Old Glory stuff goes, they sell most tanks in 3 packs but i can get them for $13 bucks. so $4ish per tank is better than $10 :) some of the sculpts are a little less detailed, but some are spot on. i'll definitely end up buying some of the FoW models so i'll just have to do the comparisons myself. but as you said, with such a small scale it won't make too much of a difference - and i'll be using the FoW bases.

care to share some basic strategy/tactics? i know in warhammer there are just certain tactics and assumptions that everyone learns. after reading a battle report on the FoW site, it seems that some kind of artillery would always be super useful. even if its just mortars. being able to pin a squad down repeatedly seems like the way to go. do you have any experience on how effective the Mounted Assault is? that seemed like a real nice aspect of the mechanized pzg force.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    cool. i bought the rule book the other day and managed to get most of the others off a friends of mine. so i'll be reading away. i'll probably proxy some of the stuff using my Tide of Iron models just to test out some things too.

i'll definitely checkout ChaosOrc. i browsed there before for some warhammer stuff awhile ago. how is the shipping, do they have a fixed rate or anything? also, do you know where they ship from?

as far as the Old Glory stuff goes, they sell most tanks in 3 packs but i can get them for $13 bucks. so $4ish per tank is better than $10 :) some of the sculpts are a little less detailed, but some are spot on. i'll definitely end up buying some of the FoW models so i'll just have to do the comparisons myself. but as you said, with such a small scale it won't make too much of a difference - and i'll be using the FoW bases.

care to share some basic strategy/tactics? i know in warhammer there are just certain tactics and assumptions that everyone learns. after reading a battle report on the FoW site, it seems that some kind of artillery would always be super useful. even if its just mortars. being able to pin a squad down repeatedly seems like the way to go. do you have any experience on how effective the Mounted Assault is? that seemed like a real nice aspect of the mechanized pzg force.

ChaosOrcs shipping a flat rate of like 6 something. I'm not sure where they ship from but like I said I'm expecting a package from them this week so I'll let you know when it gets here.

For basic tactics, know that Infantry in this game is extremely resilient, with all of them having 3+ saves and there being no way to negate saves. Plus they can be dug in which makes them almost invincible to small arms fire. The only exception is assaults where they lose their save, Assaults is how you will displace enemy infantry from your objectives.

Artillery is pretty much required in any infantry list You probably want a standard 4 gun battery (or 3 gun nebelwerfers) if playing germans plus a section of mortars. You need artillery for a combination of pinning and laying down smoke. When you assualt infantry, they get defensive fire against you. And if a platoon suffers 5 hits in a turn they are automatically pinned. So when you assault if they hit you 5 times in defensive fire your pinned down and stop the assault. You want to hit the platoon with artillery because if they suffer one hit from artillery then they are pinned down. And when pinned all weapons are reduced to Rate of Fire 1. So if your assaulting Panzer Grenadiers who are MG Teams and each stand gets 3 shots each. You want to pin them first so they only get 1 shot and have less chance of stopping you in defensive fire.

I have actually never seen Mounted Assault used in a game surprisingly. But I haven't seen too many players with Panzergrenadiers.From what I understand it can be good against certain infantry and gun teams but horrible against others. Especially in Late War when a lot of Infantry is carrying Anti Tank weapons designed to be able to hurt Tigers and Panthers in assaults, they tend tol murder the half tracks that try to assault them. I imagine it would be a lot better in Mid War when less of these weapons are available.

I'll try to see if I can remember any other basic stuff today.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    I bought the rules and afrika book

I have the DAK pgkompanie

PiptheFair on
    edited January 2009
    hey JW, do you know how they made the surface of those tables you were playing on in the pictures? specifically, what did they use to texture the board? at first i thought the board was just flocked, but the closeups look like it had some texture added to it, then they just painted/drybrushed up the colors. i'm working on my own table at the moment and i like the way those came up, pretty simple.

also, about how tall is an infantry figure? i want to work on some terrain pieces but haven't got any models yet. i'm used to working in the 28mm scale, so i don't want to make mountains when i intended for hills haha.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    I'm pretty sure they textured those boards with sand of some sort, which they then painted brown and drybrushed green I think. I'm going back to that store to play tomorrow so I'll try to find out more then.

Flames of War is 15mm scale, so the guys stand at barely over half an inch.

Also, I received my order from Chaos Orc yesterday, they ship from Pennsylvania. I ordered it Monday morning and I got it Thursday and I live in California so pretty fast shipping.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    so, I ordered that book from neal at the warstore

and either he, or I, forgot to put the apartment number on the order

goddamnit

PiptheFair on
    edited January 2009
    Finished Painting my first Sturm Platoon today and the test base for theUS Rifle Company I got thursday. Now If only I could learn to take proper pictures.

ebay1.jpg

us1.jpg

us2.jpg

I really like these new sculpts even though they caught a lot of flak on the FoW forums.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lookin' pretty hotsecks there buddy

SJ on
    edited January 2009
    looks good man, what are you using to putty the bases?

also, any word on what the guys at the shop used for the tabletop texture?

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    Thanks guys. For the bases I'm using Vallejo Pumice, specifically its called Black Lava. Its like this black putty you spread on the base.
    VA2621E.jpg

And I asked the store owner and he said he used sand from a hardware store glued to a big piece of particle board, then painted with a mixture of an airbrush and drybrushing.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    awesome, thanks for asking. if i can grab my paint tomorrow i'll be applying the base coat to my gaming table. once i have it finished up i'll post some pics

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    Awesome, I can't wait to see pics. I plan on building a table as soon as I move into my new house in February.

I took a couple better pics of the Sturm Platoon, now with command. The faces on these new sculpts are
    tough.
    ebay4.jpg

ebay5.jpg

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    i'm not real familiar with the detail level of the models, but just from painting warhammer stuff for years i'd recommend getting a nice ink or wash. paint the flesh color on the face, then hit it with a wash of brown or something that makes sense for the flesh tone. it'll pick up all the low point and give you instant detail on the features. then you can go back over it lightly with the flesh tone to clean it up. although i think a semi dirty look would suit ww2 soldiers. you could do it to the entire model really and it would probably look good.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the tip, I'm going to pick up some inks to try on the US guys.

Last pic of the Sturm Kompanie guys I promise, but I finished the company box.
    sturmkompanie.jpg

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Lookin' good man.

SJ on
    edited January 2009
    so i went up to the shop that plays FoW last night (tues/sat is fow gaming) to check out the games in action. 2 games were running. one was soviets vs germans (not sure of the period) and the other was brits vs germans (pretty sure late period, jagpanthers and british croc tanks were in use).

i got to see just how resilient infantry are to shooting. a german platoon was surrounded by 10 soviet tanks, not sure but i think T-34s, and after resolving a nice amount of main gun attacks and like 20 mg shots only one unit died (they all had gone to ground). obviously they were pinned though, then the tank assault started (w/ tank riders) and thats when the infantry got wiped - although they did manage to kill a tank or two in close combat.

both boards were terrain heavy with lots of buildings and hedgerows. it was really rad looking and gave me a lot of ideas for what i'm going to build. though i'll probably start with more of a normandy countryside theme and just work on hills, tree bases, and some low walls/hedges. thats way easier to bust out quickly than making houses (well houses that actually look decent). i'm not done painting my table yet, i want to go get a paint roller for the initial coat cause my brushes are knocking off a decent amount of the texture i glued to the board.

i picked up a command hq infantry pack and some shermans. i wanted to have some size references for the terrain. and i wanted to get started on an army! i'm still overwhelmed by all the armies to choose from. JW you mentioned the armies you play. if you feel like it, can you list out one of your army lists that you've been successful with? i'm curious to see what you bring to battle.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    I got my rules and konigstiger yesterday

the thing is fucking enormous

PiptheFair on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think thats one of the most daunting things about getting into FoW is the scope and choices. out there.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited January 2009
    what other stuff do you have so far Pip?

@draeven - yeah, i've been browsing the books trying to see what armies/units have a lot of usability across both mid & late periods of the war. to get the most bang for the buck so to speak. as JW pointed out, its cool that the US forces had pretty much the same paint scheme in all the fronts so you don't have to feel weird about that.

i really kind of want to get a Bersaglieri force. i feel like playing the italians would be a less popular choice, and i think its cool that you can mix in german units in the army as well. their armor all seems paper thin though - but they have some rad units. i love that Lancia 90mm truck mounted gun. i do think its weird that their tanks aren't classified as 'light tanks' - cause i'm pretty sure they are.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    what other stuff do you have so far Pip?

@draeven - yeah, i've been browsing the books trying to see what armies/units have a lot of usability across both mid & late periods of the war. to get the most bang for the buck so to speak. as JW pointed out, its cool that the US forces had pretty much the same paint scheme in all the fronts so you don't have to feel weird about that.

i really kind of want to get a Bersaglieri force. i feel like playing the italians would be a less popular choice, and i think its cool that you can mix in german units in the army as well. their armor all seems paper thin though - but they have some rad units. i love that Lancia 90mm truck mounted gun. i do think its weird that their tanks aren't classified as 'light tanks' - cause i'm pretty sure they are.

DAK pgkompanie

also, historically, the Italians armor was fucking horrendous, which is why it seems to be so bad

because it is

PiptheFair on
    edited January 2009
    ha yeah i know they had shit for armor. i'm just wondering how things all balance out point wise in the game

krylon666 on
  • jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If I were to construct an army solely of Russian infantry, how would that go?

jackisreal on
    edited January 2009
    my knowledge only comes from reading the books, but the soviets definitely seem to love their infantry. the regular army guys will be the lowest skill level though (conscripts) meaning they're the easiest to hit, hardest to rally (well thats not based on skill, its based on motivation which is also kind of low). but they also have their elite Gvardeyskiy (Guard) troops - who cost more points (so instead of 1500pts you would be restricted to 1150 or so) but are more skilled.

as far as an infantry only, do you mean just foot soldiers or no tanks? cause the former may be too one sided and not mobile enough. but infantry backed by artillery/mortars/rockets seems viable to me.

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    i picked up a command hq infantry pack and some shermans. i wanted to have some size references for the terrain. and i wanted to get started on an army! i'm still overwhelmed by all the armies to choose from. JW you mentioned the armies you play. if you feel like it, can you list out one of your army lists that you've been successful with? i'm curious to see what you bring to battle.

Whenever I come home from the game store, I'm alway really inspired to paint up guys so glad to see you got some ideas from watching games too. FoW does seem to use a lot more terrain than Warhammer, the tables are always very crowded. My lists are stored with my armies at the game store. So I can't give you the exact lists but can give you a rough idea right now.

For my British midwar I run Infantry
    HQ
    2 Full Rifle Platoons
    1HMG Platoon in Universal Carriers
    2 Platoons of 3 Shermans
    2 4 Gun Artillery Batterys.

I have had pretty good success with it, though I would like to drop one of the batterys for mortars and something else probably, but the army is painted and everything so I just leave it alone until I finish other projects.

For Late War British I run Armor
    HQ of 2 Cromwell IV's and 2 AA Crusaders
    3 Platoons of 3 Cromwells and 1 Sherman Firefly
    One Battery of M7 Priests.
    And Priority Typhoon Air Support

This list is just fun, 16 Tanks and 4 Armored Artillery Pieces. My Desert Rats in Normandy.

For US usually run something like
    HQ with 2 Bazookas
    2 Full Rifle Platoons
    Weapons Platoon
    Engineer Platoon
    Mortar Platoon
    57mm Anti Tank gun platoon
    Artillery Battery
    and a Platoon of Shermans if I have the points.

This is Mid War, but Late war just makes some stuff cheaper so you add a little more like Air support or maybe some more tanks.

Those are what I play the most, I can get more exact lists this weekend if you'd like. Its worth noting know that I don't play in Tournaments, I just play for fun. Though I have found those lists to be pretty competitive.

Italians are awesome. in fact my Mid War British Desert Rats Infantry I listed earlier are undefeated except for one guy who always whoops me with his Bersaglieri Army. With the feathers I have been wanting to start one myself for a while, or Alpini. On the FoW site you can also find PDF's for official Italian lists for Axis and Allies. So you can have German or British allies.
    jackisreal wrote: »
    If I were to construct an army solely of Russian infantry, how would that go?

Krylon hit this pretty much on the head. If you mean Infantry as in no tanks, they can be brutal, a Russian Horde backed by Artillery, Mortar, and Anti Tank gun support is awesome. The basic army is Fearless Conscript I believe, so while you are easier to hit, your morale is top notch, plus you can add Commissars who kill one of your own guys to stop your platoon from fleeing (But the platoon might just mob the commissar and flee anyways instead.) And like Krylon said you also have the Guards, which are much more skilled but I believe their motivation might be lower (I could be wrong on this.)

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Finished a couple more US stands.
    us1.jpg
    us2.jpg

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    thanks for posting up those army lists. how useful are mobile artillery like the priests? is it useful just for direct-fire? cause the bombardment range on those guns is usually gonna be able to cover the entire board. or is it so you can keep moving them to safer positions? how does that work anyway, can priests move and still fire a bombardment?

thanks for the pics - you keep reminding me that i need to get some static grass :) i put the tracks on a couple of my shermans tonight. i never worked with resin models before - just plastic and pewter. i feel like i'm forgetting some safety tips for working with resin. but maybe thats just old kinds of resin.

i need to get some more paint for my table, but its almost done. the dudes i play D&D with were over tonight and saw my stuff. i think i may be able to get them into playing some tabletop stuff with me (using my models at least). good times

krylon666 on
    edited January 2009
    I actually prefer non mobile artillery personally, just because they are cheaper and you can dig them in. But with an armor force you can usually only use Armored Artillery. They can be useful as mobile gun platforms if they run out of things to bombard, but really only work well against lightly armored targets.

The static grass really helps, For Flames of War at least on the tabletop good basing is really what makes your miniatures. I've been wanting to get some Silfor Tufts which everyone I know uses for Flames of war. But the cheapest I can find them is online for $25 which I have a hard time justifying for some extra basing material.

Make sure to post pictures of your table when you finish.

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Anyone else working on FoW stuff? I'm pretty close to being finished with my US and today I got my SS army from Chaos Orc and painted up the first guy.
    sstest.jpg

JWashke on
    steam_sig.png
  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm seriously considering getting Open Fire.

Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    edited January 2009
    i may pick it up just for the smaller rule book (and the extra models)

i haven't had a chance to work on any FoW related stuff lately. been busy with work and trying to finish up the game i've been coding. i hoped to get up to the store again to watch a couple more games, but couldn't swing by this week.

any new battles to report on JW (or anyone else playing)?

krylon666 on
  • DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so what is open fire ? something akin to mccrage for warhammer ? i am really really interested in getting into fow, but im broke D

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

edited January 2009
    yeah its a starter set. comes with a mini rulebook that cuts out most of the historical background stuff, pictures, and rules for large scale battles. and 2 sets of tanks so you can learn the rules. just check the fow site for the details cause i'm probably forgetting stuff.

krylon666 on