As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Non-Alcoholic Drank Thread!

• bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    oh yeah and I also really liked that yakult drink which I also used to bring to lunch, that was a hit too

bowtiedseal on
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good soft drinks, eh? Cherry Coke Zero, Real Coke (i.e., made with cane sugar), and Dr Pepper are favorites. Also, carbonated lemonade is aces in the summer. In Europe you can get it as Fanta limon but a lot of US store brands (namely, Safeway) have started selling a similar beverage under their premium/organic lines.

ASimPerson on
  • lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    oh yeah and I also really liked that yakult drink which I also used to bring to lunch, that was a hit too

yes, that stuff was pretty awesome, though i don't think i've had that in like a decade.

every once in a while, i come home to find my parents making halo halo and i'm in heaven

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited January 2009
    lostwords wrote: »

yes, that stuff was pretty awesome, though i don't think i've had that in like a decade.

every once in a while, i come home to find my parents making halo halo and i'm in heaven

my mom makes halo halo like once every few years, but she makes this other juice that is basically just cantaloupe strips + sugar + water that is wonderful

bowtiedseal on
    edited January 2009

my mom makes halo halo like once every few years, but she makes this other juice that is basically just cantaloupe strips + sugar + water that is wonderful

oh man, i'm not sure what thats called, but i definitely know what you're talking about. does she also add evaporated milk? and like melon strips too? and lots of ice cubes.

lostwords on
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Today we started brewing Root Beer in my Biology class, I have high hopes for it. If it works out well, I shall start making some at home.

George Fornby Grill on
    edited January 2009

oh man, i'm not sure what thats called, but i definitely know what you're talking about. does she also add evaporated milk? and like melon strips too? and lots of ice cubes.

usually no milk but yes on the other stuff! i don't know what to call it either, I might have to tell her to try it with the evaporated milk

bowtiedseal on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Root Beer is pretty neat guys.

Blake T on
  • NumeroNumero Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jarritos%20007.jpg

Simply the best.

Numero on
  • LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    8847.jpg

Can_CountryTimeLemonade.jpg

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

I only wish you could find it easier in the UK - I drank root beer and birch beer as often as I could when I was in America. I love the non-sweet soft drinks.

Anybody else tried Kinnie? I've only seen it in Malta, and it's a bitter orange soft drink, if I remember rightly.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    edited January 2009

usually no milk but yes on the other stuff! i don't know what to call it either, I might have to tell her to try it with the evaporated milk

definitely try it with the evaporated/condensed milk, it makes it a lot sweeter. in fact, everything is made better with condensed milk: toast, lecheflan, to chug by itself. if you can deal with the tons and tons of calories, that is

lostwords on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Blaket wrote: »

I only wish you could find it easier in the UK - I drank root beer and birch beer as often as I could when I was in America. I love the non-sweet soft drinks.

Anybody else tried Kinnie? I've only seen it in Malta, and it's a bitter orange soft drink, if I remember rightly.

Yeah finding it in Australia is a bitch too.

Oddly enough I keep finding it in tiny little asian stores.

Blake T on
  • Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hey, what do you get when you mix dr pepper and mountain dew?

dr pepper, MD

oh ho ho

but seriously whenever i was younger and i used to go on road trips my favourite thing to do was mix all the sodas at like a wendy's in one cup.

it never tasted good and i always got a huge headache.

Grim Outlook on
    edited January 2009
    i still do the mixing all the sodas when i'm at a restaurant with a fountain dispenser. my favorite blend is lemonade and sweetened iced tea with orange soda and sierra mist/sprite

lostwords on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like Mr. Pibb (Pibb extra) when I can get my hands on it. Which is once a year

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited January 2009
    i still do the mixing all the sodas when i'm at a restaurant with a fountain dispenser. my favorite blend is lemonade and sweetened iced tea with orange soda and sierra mist/sprite

In my town we would mix orange drank, blue powerade, and sprite. We called it witch's brew and it was delicious. You know you have made it right because it turns a nice shade of green

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • DefenestratorDefenestrator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I drink a lemonade every day at lunch. There's some promotion where, like, for every eight codes (from the caps) you enter in online, you get a free one. So, I've been saving these things since I started working here and now have approximately 200 of these caps. I got lazy at some point and stopped entering the codes every day when I got home so now I have this huge stockpile of caps with codes that will never be entered because the task is too daunting.

Defenestrator on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i like mountain dew

also imitation dr. pepper, like dr. perky

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Grim OutlookGrim Outlook Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    whenever i make jello from those powder packs i'm always tempted to just drink the sweet smelling jello soup that's made when you mix in the hot water.

Grim Outlook on
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really love Real Gold, but I have to have my sister ship it to me from Japan, and that is huge in hassle and shipping.

Also Calpis is disgusting.

Wombat!! on
    edited January 2009
    Shipping soda is not a smart idea as I discovered. It cost me around $20 to ship 4 cases of Pibb.

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only non-alcoholic drinks I have with any frequency are water and Jones Soda.

I fucking love Jones Soda.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I tried to click that you dick

Oooooh hoh hoh hooooohoooh

Wombat!! on
  • DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    drankcan.jpg

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    man there used to be a jamba juice by where i used to live when i still lvied in tampa

gettin' myself an aloha pineapple every once in a while was great

but there isn't one in st. pete which sucks, but i guess tropical smoothie sort of makes up for it

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You're late Daric 8-)

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Threadbare SockThreadbare Sock regular
    edited January 2009
    i like mixing dr pepper with barqs rootbeer when possible

Threadbare Sock on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    FOOT SWEATERS
    edited January 2009
    You're late Daric 8-)

damn

I didn't read the rest of the thread, I just posted it as soon as I saw it.

Daric on
    edited January 2009
    I really wanna try it.

How it it?

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pineapple-Orange is the best fruit mix.

Strawberry-Kiwi is a close second.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    IMG_1387_edited.jpg

SenorTacos on
    edited January 2009
    All I drink is Dr. Pepper

Getting it outside of Texas is such a fucking pain though.

Daric on
    edited January 2009
    Kiwi smoothies with real kiwi fruit are surprisingly disapointing.

Blake T on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited January 2009
    yo senortaco are you like ryan's real life friend

what?

no

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so i answer the kava question and don't get no feedback

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    edited January 2009

So you got feedback :P

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

So you got feedback :P

Thanks, babe, how was Val, Earl, Burt, Melvin, and Walter last night?

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock