As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Button exchange website, can't remember...

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm going to wait to order mine this year until oh...end of July, I would say. They'll probably be slammed with orders so I don't want it to be late but that way I'll know how many to order. Though honestly I have a feeling I'm going to be ordering fewer just because I won't be able to afford up to the number of participants.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm going to wait to order mine this year until oh...end of July, I would say. They'll probably be slammed with orders so I don't want it to be late but that way I'll know how many to order. Though honestly I have a feeling I'm going to be ordering fewer just because I won't be able to afford up to the number of participants.

I vaguely remembered that folks who waited until the end of July actually got it like a week or so before PAX happened--probably 'cause nearly everyone started hopping on-board at that point in time and bombarded the wonderful-yet-overwhelmed PureButtons.

Also. I need to find who the lucky Harem-Kid will be this year. Yeah. I'm making it official as of right now. Every year, I will be the Lead-Representative of "__________'s Heterosexual Harem".

Oh! And whenever LP and LPM start reading this again and get all sad that they are not joining us this year (last time I heard); not to worry. For those two awesome English folk will be the Supa-Honorary Buttons for East-PAX next year.

I know. I like to go off into tangents.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    STORY TIME!

I believe it was on the Saturday edition of PAX '08, Lyanth was super tired and was just roaming about near the Pink Godzilla booth. I caught up with her and five minutes later, she was all energised. She called me the Human Energy Drink 'cause I give off peppish and energetic vibes for others to suck on.

Hence! The new avatar will be my button for this year. Yeah. I craptactularly Paint.Net it from the Bawls EXXtra bottle/can and added my infamous frog. I know it's smallish, but big version can be seen here.

CaptainTapole on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    lol, awesome! I like it =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • BlainBlain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wait, so we're doing beer cans this year?

(And yes, Captain, you are refreshingly peppy. :) )

I, on the other hand, ran into Lyanth on the escalators. I showed her my Lyanth's Heterosexual Harem button. She was pleased to tell me "I'm Lyanth" completely forgetting that she had met me at the dinner already. (I believe we had even exchanged buttons at the dinner.)

Be glad you are you, and not me.

That probably goes for most of you.

Blain on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was doing some early spring cleaning this morning and came across my pink privateer press bandana COVERED in buttons. I had so much fun wearing that on my arm and filling it up with buttons. Damn, I need to figure out my design for this year. But stealth ninja pirate bunny was so cute...

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • emorimikuemorimiku Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think I have my button designs picked out although I have yet to really do any work into getting them ready to send to purebuttons, granted both the bonus and normal buttons I'm giving out this year are going to be more zoidberg kirby since he didn't get much of an outing last year due to my own stupidity.

Also has anyone heard from purebuttons about the stuff they wanted to set up for the next year after all the business we gave them before PAX08?

emorimiku on
    <emorimiku> j0z1e ... physically emotionally or mentally?
    <j0z1e> ummmm, all three? at once?
  • Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I am just as clueless about what I want on my buttons as I was last year...HALP!

Cynd3rCyn on
    edited January 2009
    Not to worry, Kids. We still have like...*counts* five-and-a-half-ish months before we should all sit ourselves down and overwhelm PureButtons once again.

Also, as I was kinda cleaning my room (I lost my iPod in the meantime...NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU) and procrastinating on my homework (like usual), I find once again my bag o' buttons and decided to place it on my mesh compartment-log hanger-thingie. I still have quite a few of my own still here.

Maybe--if they are others who still have their first button--we should create like a little goodie bag or something for all the First-Year Buttoneers this year? Like a team-effort "bonus" button collection. Totally throwing shtuff out there.

CaptainTapole on
    edited January 2009
    Cynd3rCyn wrote: »
    I am just as clueless about what I want on my buttons as I was last year...HALP!

Oompa Loompas? Grunka Lunkas? The Slurm Queen? Turanga Leela?

Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle?

Blain on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have a few ideas, and i'd like your guys' opinions.

1. Shark in space with space helmet fighting the Robot Devil from Futurama. Lazers coming out of the Machine gun, of course

2. Shark at the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

3. Shark vs. Jack Thompson

4. One more in space. the shark on the moon with the text The_Reflection for President of the Moon. Or President of Space with a nebula behind the Shark, whichever one is funnier.

What do you think of those, or if anyone has an idea.

The_Reflection on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    #1 with the text "Vote Reflection: President of Outer Space"

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2009
    done.

Where MaoChan when I need him?

The_Reflection on
    edited January 2009
    I like #2 personally, though Moe's #1 is funny as well =)

VThornheart on
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was thinking of a Triforce button... But that sounds kind of lame the more i think about it.

parabola on
    edited January 2009
    No way! There's nothing lame about a Triforce button! I dig it personally! =) Especially if it's kind of neat and stylized. It's win!

VThornheart on
    edited January 2009
    the triforce is never lame, but maybe for comedic value, insead of power wisdom and courage, come up with threr new PAX virtues. Like insomnia, drunkardness and hostility.

The_Reflection on
    edited January 2009
    Ooh! Reflection's onto something. I think it'd be particularly hilarious for fellow PAX Forum-goers if the triforce referenced some silly forum joke, like the growing Misinformation FAQ! (I'm picturing the pieces of the triforce being ice cream, mangina, and Cthulu =) )

VThornheart on
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Maybe--if they are others who still have their first button--we should create like a little goodie bag or something for all the First-Year Buttoneers this year? Like a team-effort "bonus" button collection. Totally throwing shtuff out there.

As a potential First-Year Buttoneer, that sounds like a cool idea. Sign me up for that.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    edited January 2009
    I like that idea too Cap'n! =)

VThornheart on
    edited January 2009
    Hmm... That actually would be kind of hilarious... Although i'd have to have several orders to make it interesting. Maybe just two options. Insomnia and something else. Drunkardness and hostility don't really sound PAXish to me.

parabola on
    edited January 2009
    I was in class when I wrote that, didn't have time to think it out.

BTW, being able to browse the boards in class is awesome.

The_Reflection on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    jonxp wrote: »
    If RedHalo doesn't want to run the button trading again, I'll step up for that. But only if he doesn't wish to do it.

I still want to know what PureButtons has on tap for next year.

I was intending on heading it up again, but I could always use your ever so helpful assistance.

redhalo on
  • jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    jonxp wrote: »
    If RedHalo doesn't want to run the button trading again, I'll step up for that. But only if he doesn't wish to do it.

I still want to know what PureButtons has on tap for next year.

I was intending on heading it up again, but I could always use your ever so helpful assistance.

I'll be glad to help.

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
    edited January 2009
    Woot! Good to see you again red, it's been a while! Welcome back!

VThornheart on
    edited January 2009

Lol, I've still been around the other parts of the forum all this time. I didn't expect so much activity down here this early.

redhalo on
    edited January 2009

Lol, I've still been around the other parts of the forum all this time. I didn't expect so much activity down here this early.

We're like little kids in the back seat of a car screaming "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?..." over and over

parabola on
    edited January 2009
    parabola wrote: »

We're like little kids in the back seat of a car screaming "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?..." over and over

This. =)=)

VThornheart on
  • Ryan23228Ryan23228 Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    Is there anyone willing to help me with me button design. I did a pretty good one in paint and was wondering if someone could make better looking withe photoshop

Ryan23228 on
    edited January 2009
    There are PLENTY of folks out there, Ryan, that are supa-experts in Photoshop.

And REDY!!!!!!! I'm so happy you are talking again!

...Oh. Forgot there are new kids around here. Redy=my/Lyanth's nickname to redhalo.

CaptainTapole on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Man, I need to come up with some new button ideas.

I have the most incredible idea. I just don't know if I'm going.

I might as well get some done. They'll keep for another year if I can't make it.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hmmm... PIPboy or little sister?

chaosisorder on
    edited January 2009
    I'd prefer variations on Harley, if that's possible, please. She rules.

Plus I'm old, and it will be easier to remember if people keep their buttons of a theme. :)

But if you feel a need to change, little sister is my vote. I've seen enough PIPboy to last me a while.

Blain on
    edited January 2009
    Blain wrote: »
    I've seen enough PIPboy to last me a while.

CaptainTapole on
  • Frightfully EnglishFrightfully English Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I remember reading about these "buttons" last year with some confusion, til I realised you were talking about pin badges! It's a cool idea, hope to get involved this year. How big an area are we talking about for the design?

A cookie for anyone that comes up with an idea for a design that is both English and PAX-y!

Frightfully English on
    edited January 2009
    I remember reading about these "buttons" last year with some confusion, til I realised you were talking about pin badges! It's a cool idea, hope to get involved this year. How big an area are we talking about for the design?

A cookie for anyone that comes up with an idea for a design that is both English and PAX-y!

PAX logo on the side of a tea kettle.

DONE.

Where's my cookie?

jonxp on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    PAX logo on a blue field with the union jack in the upper left corner. PAX COMMONWEALTH. Gimme a cookie. :D

The button sizes are listed on the site (ranging from half an inch to 2.5 inches) and the workable area is slightly smaller than that if you want the whole picture to be visible. Templates are available, and if you ask around I'm sure you can get samples from last year's buttons.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited January 2009

I believe we confused some brits last year as well by calling them buttons. Your design size would be dependant on your button size. Most people went with around [strike]1.25[/strike] 1.5 inch buttons last year if I recall. But we got several in other sizes.

And you owe jonxp a cookie.

Edit: And Liger wants a cookie too.

redhalo on
    edited January 2009
    Actually, we all went with 1.5" last year.

jonxp on
    edited January 2009
    Aye, 1.5" for life!

Someone did 2.5" ones I think though, and they're hugely massive =) 1.5" was the perfect size imho.

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.