As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pub Crawl '09 (not official thread)

AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in PAX Archive
If my 4.5 years at Arizona State have taught me anything, its that it's never too early to start thinking about drinking.

Which is why I would like to know if there will be another Pub Crawl this year, and if it will be suitably themed, such as last years "Triwizard Drinking Tournament".

I await your reply.

AltDelete on

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've heard that Triwizard's happening again, but I'm not sure if that's just rumor.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, it's happening. It's AtlusParker's project and he said today that he'll be putting up the thread after information on the Pre-PAX dinner is released so he can time them to not overlap.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited January 2009
    Ahhh, good dealin' =)=) Woot! =)

VThornheart on
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament will be happening this year. I'm waiting on some final details to be hammered out but I will say that you won't have to choose between the pub crawl and the dinner this year.

Atlus Parker on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My services as Magellan are at your disposal once again (it's a group 2 thing).

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The train better not fuck up and get us in late again, I wanna go this year

The_Reflection on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Glad to hear it's happening again, and not during the Pre-PAX Dinner! Count me in.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited January 2009
    The Second Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament will be happening this year. I'm waiting on some final details to be hammered out but I will say that you won't have to choose between the pub crawl and the dinner this year.

I regret I have but one life to give to the Triwizard Drinking Tournament.

aka count me in again this year. And I'll be there for all of it now that the two don't bump unpleasantly against one another =);)=)

VThornheart on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm totally joining in because I'll be old enough to go this year! ^_^

MeeOk on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This will probably be my first pubcrawl too, and im looking forward to it.

Azazel on
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd better start training for this. Looks like the competition is tight.

redhalo on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    YAY! I'm so excited! I didn't get to go last year due to the dinner, so this year I am going to rock that shite!

eye-shuh on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sadly I wont be able to do these community things.

When everyone else is out having fun, we are still setting up pax :P
    (also something to keep in mind for those who want to be an enforcer, its a tradeoff between these kinds of events and PAX. setup is all hands on deck until its done)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
    edited January 2009
    BigRed wrote: »
    Sadly I wont be able to do these community things.

When everyone else is out having fun, we are still setting up pax :P
    (also something to keep in mind for those who want to be an enforcer, its a tradeoff between these kinds of events and PAX. setup is all hands on deck until its done)

We'll drink one for you then.

redhalo on
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I say we drink more then one, and for all the enforcers that can't join us!

So... is Triwizard the same night as the Pub Crawl, or what's the deal there? I never really paid attention last year... :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited January 2009
    I thought TriWizard was an event of the pub crawl? *blinks some* I am most likely wrong though, since I didn't pay attention to the info from last year, as it wasn't relevant to me.

MeeOk on
    edited January 2009
    Triwizard is the Pub Crawl

try and keep up

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• AltDeleteAltDelete Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Excellent, excellent, excellent.

I look forward to defending my title.

triwizard.jpg

Fellow drinkers, please don't hesitate to bring your A game.

AltDelete on
    edited January 2009
    n591274049_1378795_274.jpg

Or your AAA game.

Atlus Parker on
    edited January 2009
    Dammit Moe, neither of us were paying attention last year! :P
    But thanks for the info.

Anyway, I'm really not much of a drinker, but this seems pretty entertaining.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited January 2009
    While we're on the subject, here's a few highlights from last year:
    n10015712_41408223_1876.jpg
    n10015712_41408233_3824.jpg
    n10015712_41408226_2839.jpg
    n10015712_41408222_1552.jpg
    n10015712_41408234_4160.jpg
    n10015712_41408235_4501.jpg

Going to be good times, people.

AltDelete on
    edited January 2009
    Alright, so since I didn't pay attention last year. What exactly is the Tri Wizard Drinking Tourney? A description of it in a nutshell would be highly awesome. ^_^ Also, damn it now I have to start thinking about how I'm going to dress up for it.

MeeOk on
    edited January 2009
    It's a Harry Potter themed bar crawl/scavenger hunt where everyone's drunk by the fourth bar.

Atlus Parker on
    edited January 2009
    Ahh, now it's all starting to make sense. :P

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited January 2009
    lol, even jumping in at the tail end of it like I did, it was a blast last year. I'm looking forward to it! =)

VThornheart on
    edited January 2009
    Um, just in case anybody else is curious, I dug up the link for the tourney from last year.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=66247&highlight=crawl+tri-wizard+drinking

It sounds fun..

MeeOk on
    edited January 2009
    ahh, nice work! :D

I think I'll be in just for pub-crawling, and probably filming with my crew. We'll see when the time comes and info is out there.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
    edited January 2009
    I'm glad we're going Harry Potter themed again. By a happy coincidence I just received my pince nez glasses

pincenezSquare.jpg

That's So Ravenclaw.

AltDelete on
    edited January 2009
    Those are hawt, AltDelete! I approve :winky: Hm.. Ravenclaw, Slytherin, Griffindor, and screw Hufflepuff. I'm not nice enough. :P Hmm..

MeeOk on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ^5 for my fellow Ravenclaw <3

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
    edited January 2009
    Screw it, I'll rock some green and silver. XD

MeeOk on
  • JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'll have to know information about the drinking tornament.

I could never see drinking as a competion, my thought was as long as you all were drunk by the end of the night good times were had by all. I AM glad that it's not going to over lap with the dinner though, because last year it was basically the CCST pubcrawl afterwords (still a lot of fun, but I was saddened after hearing all the stories of TW)

JonnyNero on
    edited January 2009
    The tournament just has a series of challenges to be completed. I remember one of them was to drink two shots at once, I think.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Here's what I remember:

#1. Do a "bomb"
    #2. A shot of Firewater - 151 + Goldschalger (I passed, just hearing 151 makes my stomach cringe)
    #3. Do a shot without using your hands (let's just say some people were quite talented doing this one)
    Intermission - Dinner at Dick's
    #4. Drink a dark beer
    #5. I think we skipped this one, maybe because of group 1's shenanigans at our intended destination earlier
    #6. Shot of your choice, followed by trivia and sucking up to the headmaster for more stars.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    We went after the dinner, and while having food in your stomach is generally an impediment to inebriation, when the round you come in on involves tequila shots, you will soon find yourself unable to find the next stop on the crawl. Except by following the people in robes. And hoping they aren't a cult.

chaosisorder on
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Except by following the people in robes. And hoping they aren't a cult.

Yes, they are. Don't worry. They give you alcohol.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So this explains why I saw people wearing wizard robes when I was getting some air at the Blue Skittle party.

I don't know if I'll be participating, depends on what plans the group I'll be with has for that night. Last year was dinner and drinks, and then the Blue Skittle party.

Rogue_hunter on
    PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
    edited January 2009
    Have any thoughts been made towards the fact that there will be even more people on the crawl this year? Several of the stops just flat out couldn't handle all of us last time. I know heads ups were given prior, but I don't think they were expecting quite so many people.

Myself and PeasantDave got smart last year and skipped ahead of the schedule by about 15 minutes. We'd get our drinks then wait for the army to come to us.

redhalo on
    edited January 2009
    Jonny: It's mostly drunken revelry. Having good drinking times is more important that the win. So with that in mind, you're coming the pub crawl.

whypick1: I remember stop two. I can still taste stop two.

redhalo: Hmm, that was with two groups. What if there were 4 groups, each assigned a house. Then we could have not only individual scores, but a House Cup where an entire group (read: Ravenclaw) would prevail.

Fellow Ravenclaws: Okay, despite what I just told Jonny, we should totally win.

AltDelete on
    edited January 2009
    I like the house idea.

After a quick lookup (-5 nerd points: I've never read Harry Potter =) ), I think Hufflepuff would be the place for me.

Go team Hufflepuff! =)

EDIT: Aww, sad... okay, I read up a little more on Hufflepuff... how come the house that represents justice and loyalty is the house where all the dumb people with no skills go? That's lame. Was that some sort of social commentary? =)

VThornheart on
This discussion has been closed.