As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Druids: If only Dorothy had gotten her PvP trinket.

• DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SpongeCake wrote:
    Jesus, Force of Nature is all kinds of awesome. I was grinding my way through Un'goro Crater taking on 4 even level raptors at a time (without Entangling Roots or Hibernate), just spitting out DoTs, channelling Hurricane and letting those vicious little bastards tear the shit out of everything.
    It's that kind of thing that makes me enjoy Moonkin so much. Does anyone know how +Spell-damage effects my Treants though? Is this going to be a case of awesome-at-50 but steadily-less-awesome as I approach 70?

Eeehh....sorta on par.

I can throw them at a same level mob and they go buck wild. I'm seeing hits at around 150-200, crits into the mid 300 last night.

The kicker is, nobody is really 100% positive what effects them. Some think int. Some think spell damage.

I think I scream "I AM THE LORAX" everytime they're on their way to fuck something up...so I could care less what effects them.

DrZiplock on
  • zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    porovaara wrote:
    WTF did all the druids come from?

Remember when they were the most rare class on each side? (Okay maybe not true.) On my server doing a /who during prime time shows twice as many druids as shaman... almost as many as rogues.

Where were these guys when we sucked? :P

They were playing warriors, the imba class of the moment until 2.0 ;)

zilo on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    focused7 wrote:
    While leveling

(in order of what I think is most important)

Caster - Int, Stam, Spi
    Bear and Cat - Str, Stam, Agi

You can pretty much make do with 2 sets while leveling.

I am just now starting to plot out seperate sets for general use and for tanking, but there is a lot of overlap on my pieces.

And I only do this because I want to be an awesome tank for the end-game instances.

This is what I am shooting for atm, out of easily available stuff. I will upgrade from there.

-edit-
    looks like CTprofiles is still kinda buggy, doesn't show forms atm.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Question: Does the 180% Armor contribution from items include armor buffs?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    edited February 2007

No, it only includes base armor, not MOTW, any armor buffs, or enchants.

I believe armor kits may count though.

MuddBudd on
  • BernardBernard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

No.

Bernard on
  • [STG]Bean[STG]Bean Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Golem wrote:
    Septus wrote:
    Golem wrote:
    Machine04 wrote:
    Can you imagine the shit storm that would follow if our epic flight form came from hyjal? Since we have to pony up the 5k for training anyway, I dont see it as being any harder that running a heroic or two, some running around, and being done.

I'm thinking its going to be a quest similar to the priest and hunter epics, where they need to solo a tough encounter with their abilities. At least, thats my hope.

It'll be hard enough to warrant the 100g we don't have to pay. That's all, I would imagine.

I hope it ends up costing alot more. An epic instant cast flying form? for 100g less than everyone else? ovapowa.

Again, instant cast, but no crusader aura/speed buffs.

And it shouldn't offer any advantage in pvp over the normal flying form, because once you're in flight, you're pretty much safe from almost all classes.

All I know is that Im still setting here on my Shaman. And I have yet to recieve a Ghost Flying Form. Until that day, out of sheer spite, I hope the druid quest is 10x the cost of epic mount + training. Once Shamans get that or a super jump totem, druids can do whatever they want.

What are you? 5 years old? My main is a hunter and I bought my epic flying mount the old fashioned way, same as I bought my epic mount. I didn't cry and moan about the paladins and warlocks who got cheap or easier mounts at the time, and I'm not going to bitch and moan about druids either.

[STG]Bean on
    Signature1.bmp
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    MuddBudd wrote:

Armor kits count as enchants, so no. Only armor that is actually part of the item counts for your multiplier.

riz on
    edited February 2007
    Good to know :)

HallowedFaith on
  • CaptHighSpeedCaptHighSpeed Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    so yeah armor buffs get added after its multipled.

CaptHighSpeed on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    riz wrote:
    MuddBudd wrote:

Armor kits count as enchants, so no. Only armor that is actually part of the item counts for your multiplier.

Which also means not the armor you get from agility(which is tiny). This means that you can't just multiply the "white" armor number you see in your character screen by the bear multiplier, or it'll be close but never accurate.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited February 2007
    Whats the difference between Bear Form and Dire Bear Form? (Is this the new transform I learn at level 14?)

HallowedFaith on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Whats the difference between Bear Form and Dire Bear Form? (Is this the new transform I learn at level 14?)
    Try level 40. Dire Bear is the Druid equivalent of Plate, plus a bigger HP and AP bonus.

Level 14 is Aquatic Form.

Zek on
    edited February 2007
    Ahh ok, thanks. :)

HallowedFaith on
    edited February 2007
    Wait - Aquatic Form... as in a fish?

Is there any value to this form at all?

HallowedFaith on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Increases swim speed and allows underwater breathing.

And it's a seal, not a fish.

A dire seal.

Javen on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

To swim.

Dehumanized on
    edited February 2007
    Sooo.. pointless then?

Are there like, underwater quests and areas where I can venture for sunken trasure and such?

HallowedFaith on
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The quest is incredibly simple, and there are a number of underwater quests that are made easier by having your trusty dire seal form handy.

Javen on
  • thegloamingthegloaming Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So is it even viable to level a Balance druid? I know going Feral is definitely faster, but I'm still interested in doing it, if only for the experience.

thegloaming on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So is it even viable to level a Balance druid? I know going Feral is definitely faster, but I'm still interested in doing it, if only for the experience.

Well, I'm going to level one from 60-70. So I guess I'll get back to you on that ;)

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • BernardBernard Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sooo.. pointless then?

Are there like, underwater quests and areas where I can venture for sunken trasure and such?

PvP you can run away from other characters faster if you can swim faster then they can, just avoid trying this if the other person is a Shaman or Priest as they can walk on water.

PvE there are several times when being able to breathe underwater is very nice and the swim speed is also nice. For example there are several quests in Stranglethorn Vale that require you to go underwater for pearls, reading tablets, etc. Also there are underwater Herbs and treasure chests which I believe you should be able to interact with in seal form so you can farm those faster and longer then others can. Not as useful as any of the other forms but still quite worthwhile.

Bernard on
    edited February 2007
    Bernard wrote:
    Sooo.. pointless then?

PvP you can run away from other characters faster if you can swim faster then they can, just avoid trying this if the other person is a Shaman or Priest as they can walk on water.

PvE there are several times when being able to breathe underwater is very nice and the swim speed is also nice. For example there are several quests in Stranglethorn Vale that require you to go underwater for pearls, reading tablets, etc. Also there are underwater Herbs and treasure chests which I believe you should be able to interact with in seal form so you can farm those faster and longer then others can. Not as useful as any of the other forms but still quite worthwhile.

Thats what I wanted to hear. :) Thanks.

HallowedFaith on
    edited February 2007
    Well this sucks, you don't get that form until level 16, not 14...

Everyone is claiming it can be done at 14, am I missing something?

HallowedFaith on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bernard wrote:
    Sooo.. pointless then?

That, and it means you get to hop into a small puddle in a city, hit aqua form, and yell SUM DURID IS SEACOW or something :^:

Ledneh on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well this sucks, you don't get that form until level 16, not 14...

Everyone is claiming it can be done at 14, am I missing something?

They're probably confusing it with the other druid class quest, the one you get at 14 for cure poison.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited February 2007
    Yeah they are. Neat skill to have I guess.

7k exp from Aqua form. ;)

HallowedFaith on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I levelled Balance from 1 - mid-50s twice now, before and after the BC changes. It probably isn't as fast as Feral (as people insist on telling me :wink: ) but it is certainly viable.
    In the early levels you rely a lot on Entangling Roots and thankfully the DoT portion seems a lot more effective early on so along with Moonfire and Insect Swarm you're getting an almost Warlock-esque play-style (i.e. load them up with DoTs and sit back laughing). Lunar Guidance gives you a huge buff in the mid-30s, finally ranking up your damage and allowing you to rely more on nukes and it's at this time you'll find a lot of +spelldamage drops (make sure to get the two rings from WSG and the Jade Pendant of Blasting jewelcrafting item).
    The great thing about levelling up as Balance and not simply respeccing into it is that you get a much better feel for how to play the class, you pick up a lot of tricks along the way for managing mana which you'd have to learn from scratch if you levelled up as feral.

SpongeCake on
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    One nice thing about going balance is that you can get away with carrying one set of armor while leveling.

focused7 on
    edited February 2007
    Golem wrote:

All I know is that Im still setting here on my Shaman. And I have yet to recieve a Ghost Flying Form. Until that day, out of sheer spite, I hope the druid quest is 10x the cost of epic mount + training. Once Shamans get that or a super jump totem, druids can do whatever they want.

Ok, rather than call you an idiot here's what I'm going to do.

There's this game, a good game, maybe even a great game. This game is called Warcraft 3.

Now in this game there is some basic Warcraft lore that WorldofWarcraft (see the name similiarity? It's not an accident) follows.

Now in this game, Warcraft 3, Shamans can't fly. Nope, no super turbo rocket ship to the moon sneakers anywhere to be found. Druids, on the other hand, funnily enough, can turn into crows and FLY. They're called druids of the TALON (you know, like birds of prey have). They can also cast cyclone, fyi.

Derrick on
    edited February 2007

To strike fear into the hearts of guildmates while swimming.

FixT

riz on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    riz wrote:

FixT
    You seem to be saying that a lot.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, once you get bear form at 10, leveling a druid gets easier? I'm very new to druids, (i'm still on the bear form quest). I find that in caster form I get 4-5 nukes and I'm OOM and bashing with my staff. There are quite a few quests that I'm waiting to do just because I can't do them as a caster. I'd welcome any constructive thoughs for a n00bie druid. :oops:

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • focused7focused7 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bear form makes things a tad bit better. Then it gets a lot better at 20 when you get cat form. You just have to tough out the first 20 levels.

focused7 on
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bear from 10-14 or so is a tiny little death god.

Phoenix-D on
    edited February 2007
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    riz wrote:

FixT
    You seem to be saying that a lot.

I thought that as I was typing it for the second time in ten minutes, but it was appropriate!

riz on
    edited February 2007
    UncleChet wrote:
    So, once you get bear form at 10, leveling a druid gets easier? I'm very new to druids, (i'm still on the bear form quest). I find that in caster form I get 4-5 nukes and I'm OOM and bashing with my staff. There are quite a few quests that I'm waiting to do just because I can't do them as a caster. I'd welcome any constructive thoughs for a n00bie druid. :oops:

Until 10, Root and Scoot ;)

Derrick on
    edited February 2007
    So in my attempts to become the best tank I can be I decided to seriously figure out what it would take to become crit immune.

I have severely underestimated the Survival of the Fittest talent.

It saves you like 180 def rating.

Sigh, time to respec.

MuddBudd on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    How's this for a cat/sometimes bear/helping out with healing a little bit if shit hits the fan-build?

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I never could understand nurturing instinct except for 30/31 druids in the new dungeon tiers with STR+healing stats.

My all around feral build.

I'm so tempted to try moonkin, but too busy with tanking requests. :oops:

sim on
This discussion has been closed.