As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Atlantica Online]: MMOTBS done perfectly.

• Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Are people still playing this? Just downloaded, I'm having a good time so far.

EDIT: Ingame name is Dacovind.

Dac Vin on
  • Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    A tad slow what with the Holiday but still playing. See the Op for how to get Guild Invite.

Who-Psyd on
  • CodeRedCodeRed Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, about 3 or 4 members login throughout the day so there's always someone to talk to,.
    Besides that, we should really try our hands on some more guild dungeons to get more points.
    We had a bid for Edinburgh for over 20 hours and could have rebid with another 3k. Ah well... my town hunting continues..

CodeRed on
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Turvez here, sorry I haven't been on the past week. Just haven't had any desire to play MMOs since our internet came back. I am sure I will log in again sometime in the next few days.

Seg on
  • CodeRedCodeRed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So our guild has just been threatened by the 116th Immortals and its leader, KageSama, for bidding on their town. Apparently, we're not allowed to bid here and now our 'guild is dead.' We will be repeatedly killed and looted of all our items. Also, if we do it again the whole nation will be against us. PM KageSama for a list of protected guilds.

CodeRed on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CodeRed wrote: »
    So our guild has just been threatened by the 116th Immortals and its leader, KageSama, for bidding on their town. Apparently, we're not allowed to bid here and now our 'guild is dead.' We will be repeatedly killed and looted of all our items. Also, if we do it again the whole nation will be against us. PM KageSama for a list of protected guilds.
    I'm not playing this game ever since I started with LOTRO, but uh how is there even an option for open PvP? :P

Aldo on
  • Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Ha, I got a threatening note from some guy in the guild that owns kathmandu when we bid on it. Though there's really not much they can do since we're not a nation. On a separate note I should have more time to log in soon with holiday festivities coming to a close

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • MithMith Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aldo: Leaders of guilds that control towns have a limited nonconsensual pvp ability. I think it's fair to say none of the players have figured out what purpose this was actually included for, but while silly its effect on the server as a whole is generally not that huge.

Mith on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    I'm not playing this game ever since I started with LOTRO, but uh how is there even an option for open PvP? :P

The guilds probably Korean, so they actually meant in real life.

Morkath on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fleck0 wrote: »

Ha, I got a threatening note from some guy in the guild that owns kathmandu when we bid on it. Though there's really not much they can do since we're not a nation. On a separate note I should have more time to log in soon with holiday festivities coming to a close

I don't think that bolded part is actually true Fleck0. I've never been entirely clear on restrictions of the various types of PvP, but I'm pretty sure that there's at least one type that is not affected by nation membership. I remember that some guilds/nations were using their PvP ability to attack suspected goldfarmers. Or at least, players they said were farmers.

It's hilarious that a big guild feels like they need to rough up a random tiny guild just for trying to progress. But I've read about that KageSama dude on the forums, he sounds like he's just a dick anyway. I hope it doesn't affect any of the Fancy Lads' ability to enjoy the game. This is why I hate non-consensual PvP.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited January 2009
    Fleck0 wrote: »

I don't think that bolded part is actually true Fleck0. I've never been entirely clear on restrictions of the various types of PvP, but I'm pretty sure that there's at least one type that is not affected by nation membership. I remember that some guilds/nations were using their PvP ability to attack suspected goldfarmers. Or at least, players they said were farmers.

It's hilarious that a big guild feels like they need to rough up a random tiny guild just for trying to progress. But I've read about that KageSama dude on the forums, he sounds like he's just a dick anyway. I hope it doesn't affect any of the Fancy Lads' ability to enjoy the game. This is why I hate non-consensual PvP.

They can still use kings judgement, which can only be used by the nation leader and takes 100 will and requires him finding one of us without the use of the "war-time" stuff that leads you to your prey. So in theory that one guy could try to track us down and do that but I wouldn't worry about it. Even if he does go that route the amount of time he'd waste compared to the amount of grief he could cause is nowhere near proportional

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Does anyone know how the Looting in Free League works? I have been getting Elixers, Gold, and Craft Books but today I pulled a Level 20 Strength Ring o_O

Who-Psyd on
  • RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Who-Psyd wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the Looting in Free League works? I have been getting Elixers, Gold, and Craft Books but today I pulled a Level 20 Strength Ring o_O

For Free League there a random chance to loot non enchanted random gear for that lvl for a corpse. Its randomly generated and not actually from the player. Like the other day I looted a gilgamesh heavy armor.

Rakeeth on
    edited January 2009
    The thing is the way the Town System is setup the Town Owner is actually at a Disadvantage. If we Bid and lose no Guild Points are expended while the Winning Bid is taken. It is then in Theory possible to continuously bid on one town every 12 days draining the Owners GP whiles your Own increases. A town has to generate the Bidders TOTAL GP per week to be completely safe o_O

Who-Psyd on
    edited January 2009
    So our Guild Points recently hit 20k and we may now have the ability to win a Town Bid:

Do we want to attempt for Town Control or not?

Who-Psyd on
  • SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So this game is actually kind of fun.

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is the PA guild still active at all? also can anyone tell me what those "auto battle" things and such do in the cash shop? If its what it literally sounds like that will make the grind a lot less annoying.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    edited January 2009
    autobattle makes the ai do the whole fight. tooo bad the ai sucks.

Aldo on
  • SeeksSeeks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's a lot about this game that's annoying.

Like seeing a box pop up telling me some asshole just got done crafting some item I don't give a shit about, in the middle of a fight. Oh boy, really!!?

Seeks on
    userbar.jpg
    desura_Userbar.png
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Autobattle seems a lot better suited to grinding lower-level mobs for drops or info than for XP grinding, because Aldo is right, the AI isn't too good. And it uses magic all the time, meaning that you'll need to sit or eat to recover after a few battles -- unless the stuff is so easy that you don't need magic and can just run your mercs dry. But the licenses are pretty cheap. Personally I rarely used it when I played.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Autobattle has to be the worst thing when you're doing one of those shadow dungeons and the other guy you're teamed with has it on.

stop casting brutal will on my melee mercs we're facing flying mobs and they can't hit them normally

Dac Vin on
    edited January 2009
    Never used Autobattle myself, while you can tell your Mercs what if any Magic to use the AI itself is retarded.

The PA guild still exists, and that is about it. Just 3 of us active right now far as I know :|

At this point it would almost make more sense to just delete FancyLads and find a Active Guild for those of us left.

Who-Psyd on
    edited January 2009
    Dissolving would seem kind of a shame, considering the work it took to get to the guild level we're at, but maybe...

I wouldn't make a hasty decision on it. If you do start moving along those lines remember that we're sitting on 150+ million gold worth of guild points. (That's checking Guild Operation Textbooks. They'll probably be worth even more once the Christmas event has been over for a bit, as supply will dry up.)

So we want to cash out if we do dissolve... but since there's some loss from cashing out, it'll be correspondingly somewhat more expensive to get a PA guild to the same point if we ever want to put one back together and go for a city.

Mith on
  • RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Autobattle has to be the worst thing when you're doing one of those shadow dungeons and the other guy you're teamed with has it on.

stop casting brutal will on my melee mercs we're facing flying mobs and they can't hit them normally

You can turnoff skills that can be cast by mercs in autobattle. Its in the skills menu and you uncheck a few boxes.

Rakeeth on
    edited January 2009
    Rakeeth wrote: »

You can turnoff skills that can be cast by mercs in autobattle. Its in the skills menu and you uncheck a few boxes.

Oh, wow. That'd make it much better... though since I'm in [adv] now so autobattle scrolls are actually worth something, I think it'll be a long time before I spring for one.

Mith on
    edited January 2009
    Rakeeth wrote: »

Tell that to the other guy, not me :P ( I never use autobattle)

Dac Vin on
    edited January 2009
    Mith wrote: »
    Dissolving would seem kind of a shame, considering the work it took to get to the guild level we're at, but maybe...

I wouldn't make a hasty decision on it. If you do start moving along those lines remember that we're sitting on 150+ million gold worth of guild points. (That's checking Guild Operation Textbooks. They'll probably be worth even more once the Christmas event has been over for a bit, as supply will dry up.)

So we want to cash out if we do dissolve... but since there's some loss from cashing out, it'll be correspondingly somewhat more expensive to get a PA guild to the same point if we ever want to put one back together and go for a city.
    Was more fishing for opinions then stating a plan, if everyone still playing is happy where we are no reason to mess with it.

Anyone know the Level Range of the Guild Dungeons? I checked Map but none listed like for Normal Areas. Not likely we could finish any but farming them for Equip Boxes could be useful, especially at 70+.

Who-Psyd on
    edited February 2009
    Big update last night: a couple new main character classes, the new Elementalist mercenary, and a lot of new content, not even all at high levels. (Drove my monster info completion from 78% down to 71%, too.)

Mainly I was posting to make sure that if anyone who is or was in the PA guild is semi-active and hasn't been in touch with me (IGN: Reana) recently, they should mail or whisper just to let me know they're there. (Luscinia and Rakeeth are ok, I see you often enough.) I am currently the only active player I know of in the PA guild, and if I ever decide to join somebody else I want to make sure the guild assets get divided up.

Mith on
    edited February 2009
    I'm no longer in the PA guild, but I'm still alive nonetheless.

Dac Vin on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Anyone still playing this? If so, everyone on Thebes still?

Amikron Devalia on
    edited April 2009
    I got tired of the game, so I stopped. I'm pretty sure our guild has also evaporated.

Aldo on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If there is still active PA ppl in this mmo,i might give it a try :P

AdditionalPylons on
  • AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I got tired of the game, so I stopped. I'm pretty sure our guild has also evaporated.

Oh well...so this game gets boring after a while huh?

AdditionalPylons on
    edited April 2009

Oh well...so this game gets boring after a while huh?

After a few weeks, yes. Which means that HEY you can get weeks of fun for 0$.

Aldo on
  • Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I think it only gets boring if you play it like its age of everwowquest of the rings online. If you play it more like an awesome ATB game thats massively multi, and dont play it constantly, you can get quite a bit of enjoyment out of it.

Amikron Devalia on
  • DelbinDelbin Registered User new member
    edited April 2009
    I've been playing it a lot lately. I'm one level away from getting the beast trainer and I'm really looking forward to having another tank for the front line. It's not so bad leveling up a new mercs for me, anyway. It gives you a chance to get some ashen crystals while you try to feed him kills and wait for will to use experience books.

Also, there's a warehouse?! I've been struggling with my inventory since day 1.

Delbin on
    edited April 2009
    You can access the warehouse in Rome. It costs a small fraction of the estimated market price to retrieve items, so you don't want to store big stacks of valuable stuff, but it's great for stashing non-tradeable items.

Because, oddly enough, the gain in guild points from me all by my lonesome just being logged in sometimes is more than worth the guild maintenance fees, the PA guild still technically exists. I haven't seen anyone else who was in the guild on in a while, and right now I don't really have the time to actually level, so...

But anyway, I'd be happy to accept any guild apps or give PAers a bit of starting gold. Reana on Thebes - guild is FancyLads, #58.

Mith on
    edited April 2009
    Delbin wrote: »
    I've been playing it a lot lately. I'm one level away from getting the beast trainer and I'm really looking forward to having another tank for the front line. It's not so bad leveling up a new mercs for me, anyway. It gives you a chance to get some ashen crystals while you try to feed him kills and wait for will to use experience books.

Also, there's a warehouse?! I've been struggling with my inventory since day 1.
    In Rome.

And all roads lead to Rome...I mean, there's a teleport to Rome function on your UI.

Aldo on
    edited April 2009
    I've been considering coming back the last few days. I really burnt myself out getting to 90-something so quick before. Though the nation-building / town-owning aspect doesn't really interest me, the combat is definitely the most fun I've had with an MMO. time to reinstall I suppose

plus I did the quest to get an inventor, and that was so horrific I can't just abandon the investment

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Still playing, level 101 Musician currently.

Luscinia on Thebes

Who-Psyd on