As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I got [chat]!

1383940414244»

• PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    I'm just a management type person. I love to lead.

I'm just not mean enough to manage a restaurant, I think.

Passerbye on
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Passerbye wrote: »

Restaurant management isn't nearly as much fun as management in general but it can have it's ups.

DeShadowC on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Just imitate gordon ramsey and say the f word at everyone.

"Here's the money boss."

"Fuck you, you god damned wanker son of a bitch cock sucker."

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009

Restaurant management isn't nearly as much fun as management in general but it can have it's ups.

Waitress blow jobs for better shift placement.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2009
    If words can be cute mischief would be on the list of words that are.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2009
    Preacher wrote: »

:lol: Sorry I try not to do things that would get me fired.

DeShadowC on
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

...Why?

yalborap on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    James wrote: »
    Typically, you can be kicked out of a school for plagiarism.

I don't consider that a particularly harsh punishment either, though it's not something I would personally choose to do. Intellectual property theft is serious, especially so in university when you can actually do something to change the student's behavior.

I do agree that changes should be made in what assignments are given and what expectations are placed on students, though.

Depends on the level and frequency of plagiarism.

Copy-and-pasting a single paragraph out of a journal is not even remotely the same as handing in an entire paper that somebody else wrote, yet the former is enough to get a serious disciplinary review at a lot of schools.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

That's such a good show. Normally people like that just make me uncomfortable, but he's got plenty of experience and you can tell that he genuinely cares, so it's great to learn from him.

And it's chef, not boss. :lol:

Passerbye on
    edited January 2009
    yalborap wrote: »

...Why?

It seems like it'd hinder my employment.

DeShadowC on
    edited January 2009

You're the boss who can fire you? Just give a pretty girl who needs the money, mornings and she'll be on her knees by the second week.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009

That's such a good show. Normally people like that just make me uncomfortable, but he's got plenty of experience and you can tell that he genuinely cares, so it's great to learn from him.

He does care about helping people, but fuck sake man it's network tv not hbo half of what he says gets bleeped.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009
    Feral wrote: »

I don't consider that a particularly harsh punishment either, though it's not something I would personally choose to do. Intellectual property theft is serious, especially so in university when you can actually do something to change the student's behavior.

I do agree that changes should be made in what assignments are given and what expectations are placed on students, though.

Copy-and-pasting a single paragraph out of a journal is not even remotely the same as handing in an entire paper that somebody else wrote, yet the former is enough to get a serious disciplinary review at a lot of schools.

It's also very easy for the person who copies a paragraph to move on to whole papers if they only get a slap on the wrist.

Passerbye on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    How is decapitation only first degree murder?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited January 2009

You're the boss who can fire you? Just give a pretty girl who needs the money mornings and she'll be on her knees by the second week.

Management doesn't equal owner. Even if it did then you're looking at harassment issues.

DeShadowC on
    edited January 2009

It's the highest you can go without committing treason?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009

You're the boss who can fire you? Just give a pretty girl who needs the money mornings and she'll be on her knees by the second week.

Management doesn't equal owner. Even if it did then you're looking at harassment issues.

At will employment... Look she just happened to like sucking my dick the shift placement was because she was a good worker.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009

He does care about helping people, but fuck sake man it's network tv not hbo half of what he says gets bleeped.

I've seen him unbleeped before, but that might have been through a British network.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2009

At will employment... Look she just happened to like sucking my dick the shift placement was because she was a good worker.

At will doesn't mean a jury would believe me over her.

DeShadowC on
    edited January 2009

Yeah I forgot that first degree was the highest.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited January 2009

I've seen him unbleeped before, but that might have been through a British network.

Probably. What I hate is when people don't listen to him. It's like why call the guy in if you are going to ignore his advice?

Like that lady who helps people with their dogs.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009

0th degree is where someone goes back in time to abort you.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2009

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited January 2009

Well you could always just kill her, chop her into little pieces. And then dump the body in an area dumpster one small bag at a time. As long as she isn't currently pressing charges and you don't have a criminal record. No one will know.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009
    Probably. What I hate is when people don't listen to him. It's like why call the guy in if you are going to ignore his advice?

Like that lady who helps people with their dogs.

I think I vaguely remember that one. Another British one, isn't it?

I seem to remember another which helped with any pet problems.

Passerbye on
    edited January 2009

So what's the difference between first degree and second?

Passerbye on
    edited January 2009
    I tell you kids these days who don't just want to murder people indiscriminately. What ever happened to a little elbow grease, work rape, and cover up murder?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009
    Elki wrote: »

0th degree is where someone goes back in time to abort you.

In some cases, I would consider that act community service.

EDIT: I believe first degree is reserved for killing police officers and/or other people of such stature, or if the murder is involved in a serious crime like rape or arsen. I could be wrong.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited January 2009

Well you could always just kill her, chop her into little pieces. And then dump the body in an area dumpster one small bag at a time. As long as she isn't currently pressing charges and you don't have a criminal record. No one will know.

I do live in the south so this would be easy to get away with.

DeShadowC on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

First is premeditated.
    Second is not.
    Third (aka manslaughter) is accidental.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited January 2009

Premeditation

DeShadowC on
    edited January 2009

I do live in the south so this would be easy to get away with.

In that case just fry up the little pieces and call 'em hush puppies. :lol:

Passerbye on
    edited January 2009

Depending on the state, its usually malice aforethought (planning prior to the crime), or the heinous nature of it (like saying chopping off a womans head in a fucking restaurant). Not all states have degrees of murder though, I believe Washington doesn't.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2009
    Feral wrote: »

It's also very easy for the person who copies a paragraph to move on to whole papers if they only get a slap on the wrist.

And it's very easy for somebody who tortures animals to go on to hurt people, that doesn't mean that we should treat the acts exactly the same.

Feral on

edited January 2009
    Oh no.

Dammit.

I'm not ready!

Passerbye on
    edited January 2009
    20040503h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    Square Enix had an offer for a free demo of Front Mission 4 they would mail right to your home, which is great because that's where I live. We've played it. Even when fully cognizant of the dangers inherent in Time Travel, it is easy to see why one might brave the chaotic realms outside linear time to snare a copy before the June release.
    It was actually Gabe who told me about it - Gabriel, who ridiculed me almost the entire time I played Front Mission 3. You see, this was all before his enlightenment, when he slowly began to realize that Turn-Based Strategy afforded leisure and satisfaction in a ratio unique among the genres.

I loved almost everything about Front Mission 3 that had to do with its core gameplay. It had a sort of "Network/Internet" thing where you would browse websites and discover things, which would have been a good deal more enjoyable if the original Playstation's drive could keep up with the feature. I'm not the world's foremost expert on the series, but apparently Front Mission already had quite a history in Japan before FM3 was released stateside - and not just in the tactical strategy context we know it for. You could draw parallels between it and Resident Evil in that respect, where they play around with genres inside the confines of the license and have even taken it online - for example, there's a multiplayer Front Mission that eschews the turn-based elements altogether in favor of something more in the vein of an action/sim, possibly like what we expect from the excellent Armored Core. I've also heard it might be have MMO elements - I'll keep an eye out at E3.

That's all neither here nor there. The new Front Mission, at least, what we can see in the demo's handful of scenarios, is so polished it gleams. Like many Square games, they effort that goes into presenting these franchises clearly cost someone quite a lot of money. Full customization, specialized melee weapons, a variety of leg modules with different values on varying terrain, I was using a towel for the saliva but have recently upgraded to a bucket I can just empty when it fills up. Gameplay-wise, you satisfy mission objectives with your customized squad of Wanzers - walking tanks - in turn-based battle sequences interspersed with well-voiced cutscenes. Wanzers take damage in one of four quadrants, and can lose limbs which can then be repaired. I don't think it's something I need to go on an on about, though I clearly could. You already know whether or not you want to dominate foes in turn-based battles with robots you built yourself. The game is so impeccably produced that I can recommend it to anyone with affection for the genre, with little fear I have led you astray. As for the story, I have a sneaking suspicion it involves betrayal. Call me nuts.

A few readers wanted me to emphasize ArenaNet's Guild Wars Promotion that is occurring during E3, May 12th through the 14th. You can download the client right now in order to be ready, but essentially the floodgates will open on those days and you can play online with as many friends as you like. I mentioned this game recently when a reader asked if I knew of any Massive games without a monthly fee - and just for the record, not only does Guild Wars have no monthly fee, it also has no initial fee. It's my understanding that paid content updates, expansions essentially, are what they plan to run their business on. What I've seen of the game looks great, and gameplay wise it's apparently closer to Diablo than (let's say) EverQuest.

(CW)TB out.

the rules do not apply

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.