As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hey, Hey Death Knights? don't go saying you're good to tank if you're not willing to spec into some talents that help with it and don't have any Tanking Gear. I'd be more then willing to taking you on a DPS slot.

You know how you tried to tank heroic Violet Hold and the Naxx geared healer I brought couldn't keep you alive? that was your fault. we would've been more than Okay just having you throw dps at mob, so we would've known to look for a proper tank who can handle it.

I mean, a little wiggle room is okay, but if said DK ninja'd cloth from clothies because of the damn misconception of "WELL DK'S NEED SPELLPOWER!" (No, they don't, Spellpower only effects god-damn Death Coil.) but really, this goes the same to Warriors and Pallies that roll on Leather, NEW RULE: If you are wearing a piece that isn't mail or better, PLEASE don't say "I'm good to tank guys seriously."

Goddammit, my Dk is only 60 and I figured that shit out just looking at the damn gear from the starting zone, and looking at my abilities and talents.

Clawshrimpy on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    you don't step into a heroic without tank gear at the very least, and if your healer isn't overgeared, tank spec too.
    while im sure it can be done, its not what you do

Dhalphir on
  • CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    Hunters still do great dps. If you're upset about having to press more than one button, then I guess cry more? I don't know what to tell you. As enhance, I give you no sympathy for having to use multiple abilities.

Except I used to do 5.3k DPS as MM pre-patch...

If I wanted to press 1 button and top meters I would have rolled a mage. The fact that Hunters had 2 specs completely annihilated and the the red-headed stepchild of the 3 becoming the new, and only, viable spec is stupid.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CripTonic wrote: »
    Hunters still do great dps. If you're upset about having to press more than one button, then I guess cry more? I don't know what to tell you. As enhance, I give you no sympathy for having to use multiple abilities.

If I wanted to press 1 button and top meters I would have rolled a mage. The fact that Hunters had 2 specs completely annihilated and the the red-headed stepchild of the 3 becoming the new, and only, viable spec is stupid.

Survival?
    I am going to stay beastmaster on my hunter because I did enjoy pvping with her while leveling
    Also killing the level 80 death knight the other day was totally worth it

Brainleech on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    you don't step into a heroic without tank gear at the very least, and if your healer isn't overgeared, tank spec too.
    while im sure it can be done, its not what you do
    It's like walking into the hospital and saying your girlfriends pregnant.

But she's back home.

The Muffin Man on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFF: Major fucking lag in Naxx still. This is seriously messed up. There's no day we can all raid and not get this lag. It honestly makes me consider quitting.

Same. Normally we only lag on bosses...now we lag on trash too!

Yeah, it's messed up.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: Plague Igniter and Damnation from alt/pug Naxx 25 tonight. Yay for free loot. Well... 50g-in-repairs loot, but still.

riz on
  • FingerSlutFingerSlut __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Its funny that yall are calling the shit, poop in here. "But Austin, it is shit."

FingerSlut on
    edited January 2009
    FingerSlut wrote: »
    Its funny that yall are calling the shit, poop in here. "But Austin, it is shit."
    What the poop are you talking about?

The Muffin Man on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shut the frick up.

EDIT: lol totp

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    What the poop are you talking about?

World of warcraft.

FingerSlut on
    edited January 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Happy: Plague Igniter and Damnation from alt/pug Naxx 25 tonight. Yay for free loot. Well... 50g-in-repairs loot, but still.

And now Cosmic Lights too. :lol: Maybe I should go to alt Naxx every week instead of real Naxx.

riz on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFFF: People who don't know how to follow directions. We wiped about 4 times in under 10 seconds and 4 horsemen on 10man naxx. The resto druid that was supposed to tank bleamaux kept not standing in range. No matter how many times we explained.

So I went and tanked her. We had a shaky battle, but in the end we one-shotted them. Thank god I tried out arcane tonight, with buffs and no resist gear I was at 270 shadow resist, blameaux was lucky to hit me for over 1500.

tehmarken on
    edited January 2009

And now Cosmic Lights too. :lol: Maybe I should go to alt Naxx every week instead of real Naxx.
    GOOD WE DON'T WANT ANY SMELLY GIRLS HERE.

*hangs up "NO GIRLS ALOWD" sign*

The Muffin Man on
    edited January 2009
    tehmarken wrote: »
    FFFFFFF: People who don't know how to follow directions. We wiped about 4 times in under 10 seconds and 4 horsemen on 10man naxx. The resto druid that was supposed to tank bleamaux kept not standing in range. No matter how many times we explained.

So I went and tanked her. We had a shaky battle, but in the end we one-shotted them. Thank god I tried out arcane tonight, with buffs and no resist gear I was at 270 shadow resist, blameaux was lucky to hit me for over 1500.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFx484593457939 Being blamed for horseman wipes when it was not your fault. Giving tactical ideas that are shot down, then after 5 wipes someone else brings up the same tactic that was proposed before as their own idea. Love that shit!

FingerSlut on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ffffffffff: something about my client, or perhaps somewhere on the internets my connection from client to server is broken.. whenever I attempt to connect I can get to the character select screen, but if I try to load in it will automatically disconnect me from the server after the loading finishes. tried resetting WTF/cache/interface with no luck... on to more drastic measures.

Dehumanized on
    edited January 2009
    ffffffffff: something about my client, or perhaps somewhere on the internets my connection from client to server is broken.. whenever I attempt to connect I can get to the character select screen, but if I try to load in it will automatically disconnect me from the server after the loading finishes. tried resetting WTF/cache/interface with no luck... on to more drastic measures.

Only had that when my addons were out of date, turn em off from menu screen?

FingerSlut on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I've attempted flat out removing all three of the folders (WTF/Cache/Interface), and found that the instant disconnection still happens. highly unlikely to be an addon issue. Currently running the repair tool. I've attempted logging on to characters in northrend, shattrath, and orgrimmar so I'm pretty sure it's not a "loading into crowded capital" issue. Thank you for the suggestion.

EDIT: Repair tool finished, no errors located.

Dehumanized on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Restart the computer and then wait a bit, maybe?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited January 2009

I've attempted flat out removing all three of the folders (WTF/Cache/Interface), and found that the instant disconnection still happens. highly unlikely to be an addon issue. Currently running the repair tool. I've attempted logging on to characters in northrend, shattrath, and orgrimmar so I'm pretty sure it's not a "loading into crowded capital" issue. Thank you for the suggestion.

EDIT: Repair tool finished, no errors located.

But did you try disabling them from the menu? Sounds dumb, but try your troubleshooting in order.

FingerSlut on
  • STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    New one: Shame: I failed the safety dance due to a moment of dumbassness.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Amused: Our RL posted the damage meter after a wipe on KT last night (at like 5-8%, fucker). I did more damage than KT! I'm a raid boss!

FFFFFFFF: PUG DK dps we brought in rolled Need for the tanking helm off 4 Horsemen (our warrior tank had other business, and our other tank is a druid) and won the roll over me. I run as prot when I'm not raiding you ass! That was a huge upgrade for me!

crafted tank helm is better now anyway

titansteel better than tainted thane's? i don't really see that unless you're starving for HP. I'd take the dodge rating and parry over a tiny bit of defense and 500ish health any day. especially because one is free and the other is a couple thousand gold.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Riale wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Amused: Our RL posted the damage meter after a wipe on KT last night (at like 5-8%, fucker). I did more damage than KT! I'm a raid boss!

FFFFFFFF: PUG DK dps we brought in rolled Need for the tanking helm off 4 Horsemen (our warrior tank had other business, and our other tank is a druid) and won the roll over me. I run as prot when I'm not raiding you ass! That was a huge upgrade for me!

crafted tank helm is better now anyway

titansteel better than tainted thane's? i don't really see that unless you're starving for HP. I'd take the dodge rating and parry over a tiny bit of defense and 500ish health any day. especially because one is free and the other is a couple thousand gold.

Also, Thanes looks fucking rad, where Titansteel looks like horrible horrible ass.

Wavechaser on
  • chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CripTonic wrote: »

Yes, but you said that you can't do competitive dps as a hunter, which is not true.
    Two things: First yes, it does kinda suck that there is only one viable spec, but this is the case for other classes too (e.g. rogue, mage) Second, why does it matter if survival used to be bad?

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    We finally finished that naxx10. We started at 7pm, ended at 2am. That's what we get for bringing new guildies and trying to help them get geared and learn the instance.

At any rate, I upgraded from crappy blue shoulders to a pair of epic which I'm happy about. Finishing out the night gave me enough hero emblems to buy my trinket which also pleases me greatly.

And above all, Arcane spec shined like a beacon, I had great dps all night.

The basic test fight, Patchwerk, is my lovely proof:
    http://wowwebstats.com/13534dja2ymrw?s=137917-153291&m

Also, I got the tanking sword from Gothik, because we had no warriors or pallies in the raid. It makes me look sexy.

tehmarken on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: For the second night in a row, I did Naxx 25. It started as a pug and my guild sort of came in and saved it from itself. We'd only done 10-man before this.

Hate: [Inevitable Defeat] dropped, and the resto druid got it. (in fairness, he specced resto just to run naxx for that mace, and we agreed he could roll on feral stuff. I just hate him for winning.)

Hope: We cleared Arachnid and Plague with half the group being puggers. This gives me hope for our future guild runs as I know we'll be much better than that.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: Got the shoulders off Patchwork on Wednesday 10 man Naxx which were a pretty decent upgrade. I am torn between the ugly ass titansteel tanking helm since I am a blacksmith and the titansteel is just sitting in my bank but my blacksmithing still needs points or just waiting one more week to see if I get the Thanes or my tier 7 helm.

Also my warlock dps went up in this patch, still need to find an immolate glyph. Just none on the AH and I get forgetting to ask the guild. In herioc VH on the core hound I broke 3k dps missing tons of buffs. Its nice to not be useless.

Hate: Missed my second day of Naxx because I had real life stuff, Thane's helm did drop and I guess it went to a pug DK. Pretty shitty I would say. And still no repeling charge Thaddius, bastard needs to drop my trinket damn it. Also the tanking trinket drop in AN today but I was on my Warlock. Every time I am in there on my warrior the damn robes drop. Why must you taunt me rng! Why?!

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFFFF: Downtime half an hour after I get off work, for 4 hours.

Happy: Dragonhawks make for awesome pets!

LuvTheMonkey on
    Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Building on LuvTheMonkey's FFFFFFF...

4 hours of downtime to fix arena that really had no business being broken in the first place, since supposedly this patch was on a test realm for.. how long? Months.

Not only is the whole game balanced around arena now, it's killing my playtime!

Toxic Pickle on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bah, I say leave the damn thing unfixed personally, piece of shit anyway.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    just need to make different rules/damage coefficients/whatever for Arena. Back when BGs were introduced they constantly said PvP isn't designed around 1v1. And now, with Arenas, the entire game is fucked with and modified for 1v1 and 2v2 so that the various Arena brackets are balanced.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really don't see how it would be difficult to make abilities work differently in PvE and PvP. Time consuming? Yes, maybe. But so called less successful MMO's do this so I'd say it's more Blizzard being fucking idiotic 'noobs' to the genre still.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    world pvp who cares. You're in the world. But if you are inside a BG or inside an Arena tada add some maths. Reduce dmg and healing by 25%, add higher diminishing returns on stuns/silences/snares etc. I don't know. Or if people like to see their pretty damage numbers, increase health by 25%.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFF: I don't mind the downtime, but it sure has brought out the Arena QQers in force.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy - New Bracers off Grand Widow and Loatheb's trinket. Need a cape and another ring then I'm 100% epic.

FFFFFF - I'm sick and not sure if I'm good for Naxx 25 tonight.

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFFF: Slackin', still not 80 on my main.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • shanisshanis LCDR, US Navy Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFF - all epic except for some ilvl 200 blue shoulders. So the most visual piece of my toon's armor still looks like shit, thus I still look like a nub to anyone who glances at me.

shanis on
    Origin(BF4) - hunter28100 / Steam - Shanis

"Uh, I have never said that you are not good at what you do. It's just that what you do is not worth doing." -S.C.
    edited January 2009
    Hate: Don't want to go to work but I have to.

At least not for too much longer right? Har har.

Sigh.

riz on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    FFFFFFFFF: Elitist Naxx group went achievement happy last night, while I got to watch from the sidelines.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF: I know damn well when I get to go next week that I'll have the scrub group that can't DPS for a hill o' beans.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF: Even if I don't now that the elitist group got the achievements, they wont want to attempt them again.

God it sucks that I get a long with so many of the people in that guild as people more than players. I don't want to leave my friends.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hate: Don't want to go to work but I have to.

At least not for too much longer right? Har har.

Sigh.

Place mackerels in key hard to find places around the office for your departure, it's the best possible use of time.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
This discussion has been closed.