As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hate: Fuck you Heroic Oculus you gigantic piece of shit. Blizzard, if you insist on your stupid ass gimmick fights, make it some kind of optional boss because this thing is a fucking joke.

Once I finally get a group competent enough to actually do the last boss in there, I will never ever step foot into what I believe is the worst designed instance in the history of WoW.

Happy: Got my Ambassador and Argent Champion titles, now all I need is my seeker title.

Edit:

Also hilarious. Blizzard message on the login screen. "All realms are up and ready to play! We'll see you in game!"

Ravenholdt: Down.

Wavechaser on
  • rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm tempted to try to get someone to farm parts of Kara with me for enchants. My priest is a reroll and just powerleveled enchanting, and it amazes me that people still look for Mongoose and Crusader so often.

riz on
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like the way jewelcrafting works this expansion.

Dailies get you tokens, tokens get you insane gems or awesome patterns, other patterns are a guaranteed drop off a heroic boss.

Oats on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    riz wrote: »
    I'm tempted to try to get someone to farm parts of Kara with me for enchants. My priest is a reroll and just powerleveled enchanting, and it amazes me that people still look for Mongoose and Crusader so often.

Mongoose is still a pretty good enchant, though Berserking is still better. None of the other Kara enchants would be worth farming, so I guess you wouldn't have to go very far.

Adus on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, good point, the others would just be for collecting purposes. Kara is pretty easy though, I effectively two-manned most of it with a friend's prot pally. We took a DK to DPS too but he got himself killed really early on a lot of bosses. >.>

Happy: Servers are wonky so a lot of people are posting today.

riz on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    About enchants..

How do they work with Account bound items? Like if I were to put mongoose on something and send it to a super low level alt, would it not take effect until the weapon reaches a sufficient level? Can you even enchant account bound items? I can't decide if I should get a mammoth or something for an alt.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Amused: Our RL posted the damage meter after a wipe on KT last night (at like 5-8%, fucker). I did more damage than KT! I'm a raid boss!

FFFFFFFF: PUG DK dps we brought in rolled Need for the tanking helm off 4 Horsemen (our warrior tank had other business, and our other tank is a druid) and won the roll over me. I run as prot when I'm not raiding you ass! That was a huge upgrade for me!

crafted tank helm is better now anyway

titansteel better than tainted thane's? i don't really see that unless you're starving for HP. I'd take the dodge rating and parry over a tiny bit of defense and 500ish health any day. especially because one is free and the other is a couple thousand gold.

Also, Thanes looks fucking rad, where Titansteel looks like horrible horrible ass.

You take that back!

Never!

Wavechaser on
    edited January 2009
    Hope: The lag isn't atrocious tonight for Naxx 25 and that Calamity's Grasp drops. If I see that 2h axe one more time I'm punching a baby. Only if it's being kind of a dick, though.

Adus on
    edited January 2009
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    About enchants..

How do they work with Account bound items? Like if I were to put mongoose on something and send it to a super low level alt, would it not take effect until the weapon reaches a sufficient level? Can you even enchant account bound items? I can't decide if I should get a mammoth or something for an alt.

Far as I know you can only put enchants that don't have a level requirement. So old 30 spellpower from MC works, 40 or 50 spellpower does not. DK runes don't work either.

Edit: Hilariously, the old shoulder enchants from 40man Sapphiron had no level requirement, as you could only obtain them at 60+, so people who had them banked can have some pretty OP enchants on their BoA twink shoulders.

riz on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    About enchants..

You can enchant Account Bound weapons only with enchants that don't have a level requirement (pre-TBC enchants such as Crusader).

reVerse on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mammoth it is!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
    edited January 2009
    About enchants..

As far as I know, account items can only start off being enchanted with non-level restricted enchants. So no Mongoose. Whether or not it can have mongoose come level 35 I can't say for sure. I know you can't put it on right away though.

Adus on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hate: Fuck you Heroic Oculus you gigantic piece of shit. Blizzard, if you insist on your stupid ass gimmick fights, make it some kind of optional boss because this thing is a fucking joke.

Once I finally get a group competent enough to actually do the last boss in there, I will never ever step foot into what I believe is the worst designed instance in the history of WoW.

Happy: Got my Ambassador and Argent Champion titles, now all I need is my seeker title.

Edit:

Also hilarious. Blizzard message on the login screen. "All realms are up and ready to play! We'll see you in game!"

Ravenholdt: Down.

Congrats on the titles.

Thomamelas on
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    riz wrote: »
    Yeah, good point, the others would just be for collecting purposes. Kara is pretty easy though, I effectively two-manned most of it with a friend's prot pally. We took a DK to DPS too but he got himself killed really early on a lot of bosses. >.>

Happy: Servers are wonky so a lot of jobless hippies are posting today.

Damn you kids, get off my lawn!

Ryokaze on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Uh, are you trying to pug the place? That's something I already ruled out for myself a long time ago, and I've never even been to the normal version.

It hasn't happened for me yet, but I would not expect a guild group to be unable to complete it.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited January 2009
    Septus wrote: »

Uh, are you trying to pug the place? That's something I already ruled out for myself a long time ago, and I've never even been to the normal version.

It hasn't happened for me yet, but I would not expect a guild group to be unable to complete it.

Basically that's what I have to do. I'd like to be able to do it in my off hours, but at this point it looks like I'll have to coerce guildies to run it with me.

There was a warlock in our group that was pulling around 700 DPS also. I don't know which is more awesome though, his actual DPS or his reasoning for being so low. "You guys are killing stuff too fast". Even with his pathetic dead weight uselessness, Kae, myself and the tank managed to one shot every boss in there. The healer and warlock basically died instantly on most encounters.

Wavechaser on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hmmm: Just did Ony for the first time post-patch, she dropped 51 gold. Not 151 gold, just 51 gold.

SabreMau on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Hmmm: Just did Ony for the first time post-patch, she dropped 51 gold. Not 151 gold, just 51 gold.

Yeah I noticed that too.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    They nerfed all old world raid money because of people soloing it for cash : b

Junpei on
  • douglydougly Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    NOOOOO!!!!

I liked beating down Onyxia weekly :(

dougly on
    puffin.png
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: Jawbone + Fury of the five flights last night, also having the top 3 dps in my guild including myself beating a rogue that was decked out on Sarth after he started bragging that he would top the meter.

FFFFFFFFF: People who bitch that X loot should be for X class. I'm not going to pass the best trinket in the game to some no name rogue because you think its better for your class.

khain on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, what a terrible idea that was. All of the non-levelcapped characters in cities had a good chance to get that Dragonslayer buff that helps a ton with levelling, and the levelcapped players got some money for it. What's the issue?

SithDrummer on
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Trick to EZ-leveling of enchanting:

Make friends with a JC. Why, you may ask? Because they have possibly the easiest to produce green item in the world. I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called, but it takes 1 Eternal Earth and 1 Eternal Shadow.

Yep. That's it.

Any miner who spends any amount of time mining has fucktons of those pouring out their assholes. Make a deal with them, you can probably get a good price off them for it.

Ender on
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ender wrote: »
    Trick to EZ-leveling of enchanting:

Make friends with a JC. Why, you may ask? Because they have possibly the easiest to produce green item in the world. I cannot for the life of me remember what it's called, but it takes 1 Eternal Earth and 1 Eternal Shadow.

Yep. That's it.

Any miner who spends any amount of time mining has fucktons of those pouring out their assholes. Make a deal with them, you can probably get a good price off them for it.

So true - me and an enchanting friend made texa$ making and DEing these things right after the expansion. There's also a 2x Earth ring pattern in addition to the Earth + Shadow.

Just Some Dude on
    Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hope: I don't get burned for lots of gold in the Auction House mini-game.

Hate: Failed PUGs in heroics. After a long string of success getting them done, I seem to be striking out lately. Oh well, live to fight another day.

RedDawn on
    edited January 2009
    Hope: Random fun things to do tonight. I thought I'd do random things last night but they decided to do alt/pug Naxx 25 instead of on Saturday, so I went to that until almost bedtime. Of course I could end up in alt Naxx 10 tonight but we'll see.

Note to self: Level alt.

riz on
    edited January 2009
    Hate: getting groups on my druid on Mannoroth. I'm trying to do a lot more instances while I level him, but since I haven't played him for so long, I know basically no one in his guild, so for the most part, I have to rely on pugs. I have two problems there. I can either:
    1) spec feral for easier solo leveling, and for tanking those pugs which probably gives me the greatest control over the pace of how the instance goes, but also have a hell of a time finding a healer in the first place
    2) spec resto or balance to heal instances, which makes it easier to get a full group going(because Blizz fixed the shortage of tanks but still bones us on healers), but I have much less control over the group, so I can find groups easily, but that just means I get into shitty situations faster.

Septus on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *sighs* What's so hard to understand about the "Get out of the Fire/Shock Pulse/Gas Cloud/Void Zone" encounters? It's not that hard to understand, realy! IF YOU STAND IN THIS STUFF YOU WILL DIE.

Now I ca understand dumb rogues dying to this stuff, but god dammit, I wish healers were more on the ball about this.

Clawshrimpy on
    edited January 2009
    Well sometimes "if you move out of this stuff right now someone else will die" and things get wacky.

riz on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    *sighs* What's so hard to understand about the "Get out of the Fire/Shock Pulse/Gas Cloud/Void Zone" encounters? It's not that hard to understand, realy! IF YOU STAND IN THIS STUFF YOU WILL DIE.

Now I ca understand dumb rogues dying to this stuff, but god dammit, I wish healers were more on the ball about this.

I see it the exact opposite.

As a healer, I'd always get tunnel vision on the raid and forget to keep an eye on myself. Especially on those spiky fights where the tank can die between one hit and the next. It gets stupid easy to miss unannounced events because you're so busy keeping people alive.

It usually worked out okay because to the other healers, I am "part of the raid", so they heal me.

xzzy on
  • ClawshrimpyClawshrimpy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    xzzy wrote: »

I see it the exact opposite.

As a healer, I'd always get tunnel vision on the raid and forget to keep an eye on myself. Especially on those spiky fights where the tank can die between one hit and the next. It gets stupid easy to miss unannounced events because you're so busy keeping people alive.

It usually worked out okay because to the other healers, I am "part of the raid", so they heal me.
    True, but we're talking VoA here. it's silly that half the fucking PUG couldn't deal with Rock Shards and Choking Cloud. and the sad thing is we still could have killed him if the surviving playes didn't fail so bad at throwing dps at mob that we could've still beaten the enrage clock, which is just disgraceful, and we had a few legitmately good players, like our Tanks!

Clawshrimpy on
  • shanisshanis LCDR, US Navy Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

FUCK OCCULUS.

That is all.

shanis on
    Origin(BF4) - hunter28100 / Steam - Shanis

"Uh, I have never said that you are not good at what you do. It's just that what you do is not worth doing." -S.C.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Not that WoW isn't full of dumb rogues and not that I haven't done a million dumb things, but I watch tanks, dks and pallies make momentary (or extended and repeated) mistakes with AoE and zones and stuff every pull. Having 1/2 the HP and 1/3 the armor makes any single mistake a potential death sentence. The margin for error is pretty thin.

Healers just get busy keeping dumbasses alive.

This is your daily message in defense of dumb rogues.

desc on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Adus wrote: »
    I guess if there's one thing I should be happy about, it's that good enchants are no longer rare-ass drops. I think it took me literally 100 Kara runs to get Mongoose.

That's better than my luck.

I ran five 70's through that damn place.

It literally took me 100 Kara runs to never see Mongoose drop ever.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    shanis wrote: »

FUCK OCCULUS.

That is all.

Oculus requires a lot of coordination and skill that a lot of the WoW playerbase doesn't have.

Things like "Move slightly, in any way, to avoid stacking damage debuffs." or "Don't stand in a big black hole in the ground." or "That circley red thing that is below you, move away from it." are completely foreign concepts.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    desc wrote: »

Not that WoW isn't full of dumb rogues and not that I haven't done a million dumb things, but I watch tanks, dks and pallies make momentary (or extended and repeated) mistakes with AoE and zones and stuff every pull. Having 1/2 the HP and 1/3 the armor makes any single mistake a potential death sentence. The margin for error is pretty thin.

Eh, the difference between myself (fury warrior) and rogues in our raids is pretty small, all considered. I'm at a good advantage against physical AoE (which is basically cleaves and whirlwinds only in current content... rogues have evasion, but my 48% passive mitigation is certainly better). Against all that delicious magic AoE blizzard loves to throw around, basically the difference between myself and a rogue is that I have 5k more hp and take 10% more damage, while they can cloak a mistake a minute.

Now, if I were wearing a set of gear that actually maximised my DPS, I'd be in the exact same boat as them except without being able to cloak or evasion, and taking 10% more damage. I hear rogues wanting more survivability in PvE pretty often, but I'm fairly certain that if they understood that any sort of survivability advantage came at expense of having their DPS gear all itemized as horribly as plate was, I don't think they'd take it.

Dehumanized on
    edited January 2009
    And DKs get both! :D

And uh, fury warriors now have 48% passive mitigation while dpsing? That's... a lot of armor.

Septus on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    desc wrote: »

Our warrior MT (who is also the RL) had too much fun when he tanked phase 1 Heigan. He knows exactly where the boundaries are for the flame bursts and on more than one occasion he'd purposely tanked Heigan so the boss is right in the flames to see which melee are going into tunnel vision with dpsing the boss. This was usually after multiple warnings that they have to be aware of the zones themselves and not to rely on the tank keeping it out of the flame bursts.

Safety Dance is now the achievement pretty much all of our raiders have now if that's any indication of how successful that was :P

Nobody on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Septus wrote: »
    And DKs get both! :D

And uh, fury warriors now have 48% passive mitigation while dpsing? That's... a lot of armor.

My full set of plate puts me at 14k armor. That's 48% physical mitigation -- since I'm in berserker stance, I won't actually mitigate that much -- closer to 42%. Fury warriors that mix and match leather to do the best DPS they can will be closer to 10k armor, at an average.

Dehumanized on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Warms mah heart: I was doing the Hodir daily and killing some crap, when all of a sudden this little gnome runs up. He stops for a moment and then whispers me: "herb?". I'm like, what, why would he think I'm Herb, and then I notice that I was fighting next to a Lichbloom and the little gnome was asking me if I was a herbalist and whether or not I wanted to take it.

So very polite, and restores some of my faith in humanity.

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.