As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

1747576777880»

• rizriz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I actually failed at dancing last night. In my defense it was alt/pug Naxx and I got distracted looking to see if CoH was still on cooldown, wanting to save the fifteen people who were at low health. I should have let them die since a handful of people can finish that fight, but I haven't seen that many people get hit by waves since level 70 pugs so I panicked.

riz on
  • IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    Warms mah heart: I was doing the Hodir daily and killing some crap, when all of a sudden this little gnome runs up. He stops for a moment and then whispers me: "herb?". I'm like, what, why would he think I'm Herb, and then I notice that I was fighting next to a Lichbloom and the little gnome was asking me if I was a herbalist and whether or not I wanted to take it.

So very polite, and restores some of my faith in humanity.

And then a BElf Rogue saps him and steals it. ;)

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    there was a gnome sitting in front of thorim the other day and i just dropped off my quests, got some new ones and flew off

i came back 20 minutes later and he was sitting there still, now afk

i normally don't gank but he had the pink fluffy hair and i just couldn't say no!

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    he was adorable and i killed him :C

not just the men

but the women

and the children

i killed them like animals!

i hate them!

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Eh, the difference between myself (fury warrior) and rogues in our raids is pretty small, all considered. I'm at a good advantage against physical AoE (which is basically cleaves and whirlwinds only in current content... rogues have evasion, but my 48% passive mitigation is certainly better). Against all that delicious magic AoE blizzard loves to throw around, basically the difference between myself and a rogue is that I have 5k more hp and take 10% more damage, while they can cloak a mistake a minute.

Now, if I were wearing a set of gear that actually maximised my DPS, I'd be in the exact same boat as them except without being able to cloak or evasion, and taking 10% more damage. I hear rogues wanting more survivability in PvE pretty often, but I'm fairly certain that if they understood that any sort of survivability advantage came at expense of having their DPS gear all itemized as horribly as plate was, I don't think they'd take it.

True, fury vs. full prot warrior is significant in terms of dps/defense trade off. Actually, the warrior character in our guild is rarely used, we're always pally/DK tanking. I just get annoyed every time I watch them pop a bubble and self-heal. DKs just suck because they're DKs.

And I would never trade a single point of damage per second for health.

Precious, precious damage per second.

P.S. I was trying to feel sorry for myself, thanks for ruining that with reasonable observations.

desc on
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Warms mah heart: I was doing the Hodir daily and killing some crap, when all of a sudden this little gnome runs up. He stops for a moment and then whispers me: "herb?". I'm like, what, why would he think I'm Herb, and then I notice that I was fighting next to a Lichbloom and the little gnome was asking me if I was a herbalist and whether or not I wanted to take it.

The horde on my server and leaps and bounds ahead of what the alliance on my server are in terms of niceness. If I'm fighting a guy next to titanium they usually help me, bow and fly away. I return the favor if I see them.

The alliance are the douchenozzles who jack shit from under me. My own fucking faction. Yes Mister Mage, you need titanium, maybe, for your god damned ring. But I bet you're going to sell it whereas I'm using it for my guild or to up my skill.

If they allowed faction switching I am sure I'd switch at some point.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    bowen wrote: »

The horde on my server and leaps and bounds ahead of what the alliance on my server are in terms of niceness. If I'm fighting a guy next to titanium they usually help me, bow and fly away. I return the favor if I see them.

The alliance are the douchenozzles who jack shit from under me. My own fucking faction. Yes Mister Mage, you need titanium, maybe, for your god damned ring. But I bet you're going to sell it whereas I'm using it for my guild or to up my skill.

If they allowed same-faction killing, I would drive my enemies before me and hear the lamentation of their women.

Surely that's what you meant.

Ryokaze on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    bowen wrote: »

If they allowed faction switching I am sure I'd switch at some point.

They need to make some kind of system where any mob in a 20 yard radius of a herb or node is "linked" that node. If a player is fighting this beast and a second player comes in to loot the node, it instantly slays that player and sends them to the graveyard. And deletes a random epic. And sets all their weapon skills to zero.

Then when they get their corpse back the game teleports them into Onyxia's lair.

xzzy on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Happy: Replacing all my TBC gems and enchants with WOTLK gems and enchants and gaining +73 spell hit, +30 spell crit, and +20 spell damage.

Sad: I'm still only 77 and all those values, sans spell damage, will decrease in effectiveness still for another 3 levels forcing me to find even more hit and crit.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    khain wrote: »
    Happy: Jawbone + Fury of the five flights last night, also having the top 3 dps in my guild including myself beating a rogue that was decked out on Sarth after he started bragging that he would top the meter.

FFFFFFFFF: People who bitch that X loot should be for X class. I'm not going to pass the best trinket in the game to some no name rogue because you think its better for your class.

Fury of the FF isn't the best trinket in the game for a DK. It's not even in the top 4. It IS better for his class. His argument is perfectly valid.

Mugaaz on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    Happy: Jawbone + Fury of the five flights last night, also having the top 3 dps in my guild including myself beating a rogue that was decked out on Sarth after he started bragging that he would top the meter.

FFFFFFFFF: People who bitch that X loot should be for X class. I'm not going to pass the best trinket in the game to some no name rogue because you think its better for your class.

Fury of the FF isn't the best trinket in the game for a DK. It's not even in the top 4. It IS better for his class. His argument is perfectly valid.

If it's an upgrade for the DK, then the DK has every right to roll on it. Doesn't matter if another player gets more out of it than the DK does (unless said DK has already grabbed loot during the raid and you're distributing loot fairly enough to people).

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mugaaz wrote: »

Good thing I'm not a DK.

khain on
This discussion has been closed.