As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Half Anime/Half Weird

KeyScourgeKeyScourge __BANNED USERS regular
edited January 2009 in Artist's Corner
I posted something else a while back in this kind of style, and since then I've incorporated bits of anime-influenced style into the design. Lemme know what you think and how I can improve it:

99897545fg9.jpg
w226.png

And before somebody comments on it, I'm aware now that the big face-obscuring collar and headband combo is reminiscent of Vincent Valentine from Final Fantasy 7, so please don't use that as a point of criticism

KeyScourge on

• Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love that you can't be bothered to draw a sword.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I know. I'm gonna get rid of that damn thing. I was under a time constraint when I was putting the vinishing touches on this, so forgive me that

KeyScourge on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ignore me, wrong forum. :'(

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    mack88mack88 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hmm uhh hmm...

mack88 on
  • Options
    TheJacksTheJacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The biggest problem here is that it looks too much like vincent valentine from FF7

TheJacks on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Hey so how about actually posting the image in this thread instead of hotlinking to deviantart.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    TheJacks wrote: »
    The biggest problem here is that it looks too much like vincent valentine from FF7
    i know. I did this in a bit of my downtime and then one of my mates came up and said "that reminds me of Vincent from Final Fantasy". Talk about a bubble burster

KeyScourge on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    bombardier wrote: »
    Hey so how about actually posting the image in this thread instead of hotlinking to deviantart.

You might want to follow what he says. He's kind of a big deal.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    bombardier wrote: »

You might want to follow what he says. He's kind of a big deal.
    except for the fact that I don't know how to do that

KeyScourge on
  • Options
    L.E.O.L.E.O. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    host your image on imageshack.us use the"hotlink for forums" thing post it here, erase everything except the url inside the [/img] tags.

L.E.O. on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    oh my god it is huge

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Okay, all technical issues in getting the damn thing up properly on here are now sorted. Let the list of problems with my bizarre creation begin! Open the floodgates

KeyScourge on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    South Park meets FF? I wouldn't really call this weird...though his feet do look like boobies.

Boobie feet are kind of weird.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You sure do use a lot of straight lines. Is that intentional?

MKR on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    If this is a character for a flash movie, or something like that, then I guess it isn't too bad... but the fact that it looks so much like Vincent when he isn't Vincent is a pretty huge problem. The could be a much more dynamic character if you revised him a bit and drew him properly (i.e. not like a flash movie)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I suggest you look into arm anatomy.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    okay if no one else is going to be truthful then i'll be my douchey self. I strongly recommend you stop with this lame "self uniqueness with weird art" thing going on. If you actually plan to take art more seriously then start studying how to draw a figure and anatomy, There is no body, sign of hands, feet, or even a head. As well as random lines in hair to, I dont even know what those lines mean. And it is overall lacking obvious demension due to the heavy thick black outlining.

By going directly for a style and a "image" your not only going to hurt yourself by restraining the flexibility in your drawings. But your also probably hurting the people who you show the stuff to, mentally that is. Anime (ugh) or whatever, you need to learn how to draw a figure before you make this stuff.

Of course it's obvious though that you put effort in it, no matter what that thing is, there still is a sign of effort. So if your willing to start actually practicing, you will learn obviously.

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Obviously.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Obviously.

nawww

:P

Nappuccino on