As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Move Over Yahtzee- It's THE GAMING MONTHLY!!!!

doid2727doid2727 Registered User new member
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
Hi gang! First off I wanna say long time lurker first time poster. (kind of nervous).D:

Myself and two other friends have joined forces to create a gaming podcast/youtube show that SUPRASSES yahtzee!!! We've been working on this for a long time, since this summer.

The Gaming Monthly, hosted by John, Alex and a whole army of guest reviewers! A Monthly podcast covering the latest in Games, Tech and all things "Geek"! The Gaming Monthly. Updates once a month.

This month, we reviewed the much-hyped Fallout3, Animal Crossing for Wii, and Left 4 Dead!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RZ4pVBzQiI&feature=channel

Ironically, we were all inspired by Yahtzee himself. But we think we can do it even better! Our reviews are fair and balanced, instead of just Yahtzee's one sided soap box treatments.

We sincerely apologize if this is the wrong forum, were no newbies! Just haven't learned the ropes yet. ;)

Anyhoo- check us out! We sincerely hope you give us a listen, and dont forget to give feedback!

Thanks and Warm Tidings This Winter,
The Gaming Monthly Gang.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGamingMonthly

The Gaming Monthly, hosted by John, Alex and a whole army of guest reviewers! A Monthly podcast covering the latest in Games, Tech and all things "Geek"! The Gaming Monthly. Updates once a month.

doid2727 on

• Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Welcome and all that, but this isn't strictly allowed. I write for several websites and play in a VG cover band, for example, but I can only link to that stuff in context of other threads, and the same is true for many PAers. Creating threads for self-promotion isn't allowed. I'll give the show a watch, mind.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Welcome and all that, but this isn't strictly allowed. I write for several websites and play in a VG cover band, for example, but I can only link to that stuff in context of other threads, and the same is true for many PAers. Creating threads for self-promotion isn't allowed. I'll give the show a watch, mind.

Ah, shite. As Han Solo says: "I had a bad feeling about this." Crap! Sorry gang!

doid2727 on

• Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This is pretty terrible.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Repairing weapons is innovative? Hmm, you don't say...

Also, surpasses.

Impersonator on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Okay, you guys need to work on your voices and intonation, as well as the way your deliver what you're talking about. It doesn't seem like this is all that scripted, and I think it really needs to be if you're going to continue with this.

I honestly couldn't listen to all that much of this, it's just really unpleasant all around. You guys are clearly new at this, and you'll need to do a lot of practice before this is worth listening to.

Good luck!

Brolo on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When your main tag-line is about saying you're better than someone else just because, I reckon you need a better tag-line.

Also, hes a critic, you're a reviewer, they're different.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Rolo wrote: »
    Okay, you guys need to work on your voices and intonation, as well as the way your deliver what you're talking about. It doesn't seem like this is all that scripted, and I think it really needs to be if you're going to continue with this.

I honestly couldn't listen to all that much of this, it's just really unpleasant all around. You guys are clearly new at this, and you'll need to do a lot of practice before this is worth listening to.

Good luck!

said it all

Nuzak on
  • Options
    VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This seems more in the vein of a podcast. Also, you sort of ruined my first impression by writing your one typo in all caps with a bunch of exclamation points.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    thanks for the feedback everyone! :)

doid2727 on

• Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    A few points just from your first minute or so. I hope that you take this as some constructive critism.

In my opinion your intro is too long. It's nearly a minute before your show actually starts and on the internet that's forever. Also you started stumbling over your first words which is a bit disconcerting. If you're going to have long distance communication you should probably make sure that it's all working properly before you start recording. Finally the other guy giving a shout out to his girlfriend wasn't very appealing. That isn't what people came to hear and to be honest you haven't really earned the freedom to do that sort of thing yet.

Just a few points I hope can help. Carry on and work to get better!

Also you probably shouldn't try and put yourself over an established guy like Yahtzee, it comes across as pretty egotistical.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    4 ) No site whoring, even "personal" sites.

* Do not create topics to discuss your website - be it a game news site, or your goods for sale on eBay. Exceptions to this can be obtained by approaching one of our staff when necessary. They are rarely necessary as we have no interest in converting our user base into a marketing audience.

Monoxide on
This discussion has been closed.