As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XBL Billing Madness

2»

• Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm aware this is off-topic, but Discworld is "Bad Ass" (you'll get that if you start reading the witches storyline... which I wouldn't really recommend). Which first book is it, The Light Fantastic?

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fmz65 wrote: »
    I'm aware this is off-topic, but Discworld is "Bad Ass" (you'll get that if you start reading the witches storyline... which I wouldn't really recommend). Which first book is it, The Light Fantastic?
    the-discworld-reading-order-guide-1-5.jpg

Start with The Colour of Magic. Light Fantastic is the direct sequel.

freakish light on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    JCRooks wrote: »
    Yeah, support sucks.

Seriously. I've never dealt with such poor customer service. Ever.

I ordered a 20GB refurb HDD through the memory upgrade program, and it arrived dead right out of the box - console works fine as long as it's not plugged in, but gives an HDD failure error. Of course I check online and follow all the troubleshooting procedures with no success, so I call up support expecting what any customer service department anywhere for any company ever would do: I send them the dead unit, while they send me a replacement.

But no, not at all. First, I'm told that (if anything) I'll have to ship them the HDD and they'll fix it, and send me back THE SAME FUCKED UP HDD. In about three fucking weeks. And they'll only do this if I first swap the HDD into someone else's 360 and try their HDD in mine to 'isolate the problem'- nevermind that I don't know anyone within 100 miles with a 360 and the fucking console works fine when the HDD isn't plugged in, I have to do this first. So I get my request number, and hang up and call them right back.

They don't even ask for the request number, and I have to boot up the console again and go through all their serial number/ID verification/etc again. I had to do this THREE TIMES before I found someone who would agree to even set up the three week turnaround shipment for me to get back the same goddamn drive, hopefully successfully refurbished this time. All told, it'll probably take me almost FIVE FUCKING WEEKS to get a (hopefully) working HDD from them, and it'll cost me extra in shipping (and almost certainly eventually crap out in the end).

I've never owned MS hardware of any kind before, and after having been dealt with like a criminal for expecting them to fix a clear hardware failure that was their own fucking fault I feel pretty safe in saying that I never will again. I'm half tempted to just peel the refurb stickers off and try to pawn it off as a return at shitty Wal-Mart and let THEM deal with the shitstorm of getting $$ credit back for it from MS.

JihadJesus on