As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Week In Moments - 1/21/09

124»

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    The input is Down, Down+Forward, Forward, to commit statutory rape with an alien chick.
    NO BUT SEE TWELVE THERE IS LIKE 832 EARTH YEARS OFFICER

From the somethingawful forums.
    uhoh3dezn3.jpg

[EDIT] Hosted on ImageShack. That took more effort than it was worth.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    That is the best thing I saw ever.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yeah direct linking from SA is a bad idea

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Given that a year is the length of time it takes for a planet to make a full circuit around it's star, wouldn't her planet need to make it's circuit slower than ours to make 14 hot alien chick years be more than 14 human years?

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    GL and Superman Beyond were of course awesome but I just loved Tiny Titans this week.
    Darksied as the lunchlady.
    Trigon and Slade having family bonding time.
    and really bad puns.

It has everything I could ever want and more.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Given that a year is the length of time it takes for a planet to make a full circuit around it's star, wouldn't her planet need to make it's circuit slower than ours to make 14 hot alien chick years be more than 14 human years?

Yea, so basically he was saying she's actually 7.

Scooter on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh, and my moment of the week (haven't read x-factor yet, or the spoilers) goes to X-Men Annual. My hopes of Emma taking over the whole thing and screwing the bad guys to the profit of the X-Men comes a little closer to fruition.
    Although I was pretty disappointed she didn't actually behead Shaw. It reached peak MotW at that scene.

Scooter on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MotW-- Scalped volumes 1-3 arrive! Nice! This book looks awesome!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    Oh, and my moment of the week (haven't read x-factor yet, or the spoilers) goes to X-Men Annual. My hopes of Emma taking over the whole thing and screwing the bad guys to the profit of the X-Men comes a little closer to fruition.
    Although I was pretty disappointed she didn't actually behead Shaw. It reached peak MotW at that scene.
    Actually, Emma seems to have honestly renounced most of her ruthlessness. Cyclops hides X-Force's activities from her. If she were as coldhearted as she used to be Cyclops would've had no problem telling her. Honestly, I can imagine a scenario where Emma puts Shaw into Cyclops' custody and is later shocked when she finds Shaw's head mounted on a pole in Logan's room.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, but what have they really done that only they could do? John found the Radion bullet, which is about it. The assault of the Evil God consisted of Kraken cackling and then getting smacked. If she'd actually captured the central power battery I'd be 'oh shit,' but Hal just punched her out... an alien cyborg-god with infinite will-energy. And a glass jaw.

I might have read the scene wrong, but didn't Granny basically overextend the use of the Alpha Lantern's ring to the point where it was depleted, thus leaving her vulnerable?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, but what have they really done that only they could do? John found the Radion bullet, which is about it. The assault of the Evil God consisted of Kraken cackling and then getting smacked. If she'd actually captured the central power battery I'd be 'oh shit,' but Hal just punched her out... an alien cyborg-god with infinite will-energy. And a glass jaw.

I might have read the scene wrong, but didn't Granny basically overextend the use of the Alpha Lantern's ring to the point where it was depleted, thus leaving her vulnerable?

I think the Guardians turned her power off, maybe? I don't remember

I'm gonna have to reread #1-6 before 7 comes out next week

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Owenashi wrote: »

I re-read it, and it looks like she was starting to lose power for whatever reason (Which is weird, because Alpha Lanterns are supposed to be directly connected to their power batteries so they never run out of power or have to recharge). Then Jordan jumps her and says "Rings. Only. Work. If. You. Can. Think!" and then beats the hell out of her.

So I'll revise my earlier assessment of her to 'alien cyborg-god with finite will-energy. And a glass jaw.'

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Servo wrote: »
    Me Too! wrote: »
    I don't know how the fuck do you ride a flaming elephant effectively

i thought it was a four-armed guy with a colossal fiery dick

So you didn't notice she has breasts?

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Something about a giant fiery dick draws the eye.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

Considering all the other shit on that page, the breasts would not have ruled out it being a flaming penis.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

Considering all the other shit on that page, the breasts would not have ruled out it being a flaming penis.

( Penance stares at boobies ) Yup...just takes about five minutes of quality starring time to make the image of the fire dick go away.*

* Note: Never quote me on that out of context.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well before the new comics come, here's a moment from Tiny Titans this week:

nawwwwwwyi9.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    There's a part of me that really wants to be outraged about how much Tiny Titans cribs from Mini-Marvels.... but I really can't say no to more Mini-Marvels even if they are rebranded.

Now if only DC could put out a Calvin and Hobbes book like Franklin Richards: Son of a Genius...

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Well before the new comics come, here's a moment from Tiny Titans this week:

adowabule

ah, well, that's awesome

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg