As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun (IC)

RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Critical Failures
Dallas-Forth Worth Megaplex

Sunny. 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Winds from SSE at 15 miles per hour.

Yeah, right, like that describes it. You're out at 8:50 AM in the morning on one of the nicest days DFW has seen in a long, long time. The wind has blown most of the persistent smog out of the city and out into the country. And while it may stink for those downwind, right now a fresh-almost salty-breeze is bringing the temperature down to just about perfect. And instead of relaxing or picking up a nice chica, where are you? Working.

Because you gotta bring in the nuyen. So you are waiting in the driveway of a house that looks like it was designed by Thomas Jefferson, with a security system that looks like it was designed by a paranoid spider. The house is huge, quite literally large enough to get lost in. 30 rooms per floor. 3 Floors. And for a Mr. Todd Hemerson, who has no nuclear family, uses 5 of the rooms, and spends most of his time at work, doing Market Research.

But someone's threatened the guy and that's where they made a mistake. Cause Hemerson hired you. And when people threaten other people, you protect them. And when the other people try to hurt your clients you stop the other people. Dead (or Alive, depending on client instructions or personal motivations).

So here's the clients car, a nice solid black Mitsubishi Nightsky XL, and here's you. First day of work. Whatta drag, but thank God the pay for this dull baby sitting assignment is worth it.

Rchanen on

• Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I shoulder my backpack awkwardly, feeling a little bit like a kid waiting for the schoolbus. It's been a while since I've done any solid work, and getting back in the game doesn't feel like I thought it would. At least I'm not throwing up beforehand like I did with boot camp. God, what a little pissant I was.

I look past the gates, half because I'm waiting on the man with my nuyen, half because I've always loved Texas. How can you not love somewhere this hot... this dry. Good things can happen when it's this dry out.

I run through a mental checklist. Alpha, on my back. Predator, hidden in it's holster on my coat. In my backpack, plenty of ammo, my medkit, some rope, and a couple torches. My commlink and Magesight Goggles are both equipped. I give a long glance to my Bulldog parked in the driveway. It's too bad I had to leave my chainsaw and those delicous explosives in there. I probably wouldn't have used them, but it does pain me to be apart from them.

I whistle softly, closing my eyes and mindlessly playing with my foci. As I feel the contours of the seven dice and two ancient silver coins that are chained together on my wrist, I can't help but notice just how nice it is again. Maybe there'll be a chance to sneak away, an empty suit like this can't require that attention.

As our client pulls into the driveway, I look at the other mercs my old pal Cecil Stosen hooked me up with. It's hard to tell at this point if any of them are any good, but I suppose they wouldn't have been in this buisness for long if they weren't. I head over to the car and get in.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I look at my watch, 8:50 am. Well, I suppose I should head out and meet these others Ill be working with. Before stepping out of the Westwind I give my self a cursory once-over in the rearview mirror.

A tall man, easily identified as an elf, despite his dark hair being just long enough to cover his ears, looks back at me. A quick glance reveals the absence of any cybernetics on his person, though he seems no worse for wear, being a rather muscular person.

Brushing an invisible piece of lint off the sleeve of one of my finer business suits, I step out and place a pair of vintage Raybans on. Walking over to the pasenger side of the car I give everyone a look-over, expressionless. Interesting group of people, I might not have to do this all on my own after all, some of them actually look competent.

I pull out one of the two duffel bags from the passenger seat, set it down and begin checking the contents.

Walter MA-2100, check.
    Tripod, check.
    EX-exposive Walter rounds, check.
    Ruger Super Warhawk, check.
    Warhawk ammo, check.
    Chameleon suit, check.
    Thermographic goggles, check.
    Gecko tape gloves, check.
    Comlink, check.

Everything looks to be in order. With any luck I wont even need this, but I suppose I should take the essentials incase complications should arise.

Closing the passenger side door and locking her up, I pick up the duffel bag and head towards the Nightsky. After loading my bag into the limo I turn around and introduce myself as Jack Merinar, and extend a scarred hand towards the nearest person.

(edited in limo for van, mistook what the Nightsky XL was)

Lardalish on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    A Lone Star cruiser idles it's way through the nice neighborhood, guarding the neighborhood against threats to the worthy people, the expensive goods and most importantly the precious property values. It pulls up to the curb and a scruffy dwarf exits from the rear of the car. He leans into the passengers side window and shares a bit of comardry with the occupants of the car.

As the cruiser makes it's way down the street the dwarf places a fedora upon his balding head. He does a careful 360 scan of the area giving each of the you a careful once over. He pauses for a moment and repeats this process, again doing a complete 360.

Nodding, apparently satisfied, he smooths down his trench coat and walks up to the the limo.

"Morning, sorry I'm a little late. A friend wanted me to provide some cover. Name's Luc, so how are we handling this?"

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I purse my lips, examining the two new arrivals. They looked military, although one had more of a special ops feel to him, and the other looked a bit like an officer. I lick my lips nervously, wondering if I should salute.

"Hey," I pause, twitching a bit. "I, uhm, I'm Damien. I was thinking maybe we could shoot people who try to shoot our boss." Fumbling nervously with my foci, I mumble "Maybe a team could ride with him while the other tails. I have a van we could use, if you don't mind sitting next to explosives."

Rather abruptly, I cut off my sentence and stare pointedly at the Walter. It's a nice gun. I like nice guns.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Several moments later, something very out of the ordinary appears, rumbling around the corner. A van, easily identifiable as a Bulldog, turns into the mansion's long drive-way. As if something straight out of those trids about the 1980's, a large scene is painted on the side, of a scantly-clad woman with a broadsword fighting off several creatures.

As the van stops, you see it's occupant step out. He is wearing a large coat over some very plain clothes, he seems to look Amerind, though his skin seems somewhat light for that.

He quickly looks around to the others with an odd smirk. "Is this everyone?"

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    After introducing myself I stand near the limo, arms crossed, keeping an eye out for late arrivals. The dwarf looks like he should be usefull. Seems like he knows what he's doing, which is good, I dont think I trust this fidgety one. Hmm.. he's eyeing my equipment, Ill have to watch that one.

As the odd van pulls up I give it a look over. Interesting choice of vehicle, maybe I was wrong in assuming all these people were competent.

"I think we're waiting on one more."

(edited in limo for van, mistook what the Nightsky XL was)

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Well I hope that includes me."

Todd Hemerson, tall and lanky steps out of the front doors of his mansion. He's thin and pasty. The kind of thin you get by not eating, and judging by his complexion, not eating due to working and being connected to AR rather than the kind of thin you get due to working out. His arms almost suggest muscle tone and he does own a well-stocked home gym inside the house, but whether he himself uses it, is another question.

He walks forward uncertainly and shakes your hands. "Damien, Marcus, Jack, Luc. Thank you all for taking the job. Its a pleasure. It's almost time to leave. So I hope the other members of the team come quickly."

Despite his air of good cheer. There's something off about this guy. Like its forced (perception roll to get a better clue of his mental state. Spells might work as well, but if finds out you've been mucking with his mind, being fired might be the least of your worries).

Rchanen on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    An odd sight rounds the corner to the mansion. An oversized Suzuki Mirage hums up the street, stopping quickly on the curb. As the pilot dismounts, you feel a slight tremble to the earth, and quickly realize the meta you see is a troll. A troll dressed in a full grey suit, wearing a bloodred tie, to match the horns curling wickedly above his head. He looks around and pushes the sunglasses down over his eyes, and reaches down to retrieve a large black briefcase from the back of his bike. He adjusts his tie and comlink, and then moves toward you, shaking Todd's hand, carefully.

"So sorry Mr. Hemerson. Galack, pleased to meet you. Late from a meeting with a contact, you understand. Wanted to be here more, of course. Always very good to get a bit of honest work."

Galack sets down his briefcase and surveys his partners, and gives a broad smile that he clearly intends to be friendly, but is nevertheless quietly unsettling.

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    A warm smile spreads across Luc's mouth as he says "I'm certain the others will be along shortly. I was sorry to hear about the recent unpleasantness and am happy to do what I can to sort all this out. Do you have a set route you take..." His brow tightens in annoyance "Please excuse me, I really must take this call. The downsides of the digital age.."

Smiling wryly the dwarf steps back from the group and his eyes unfocus upon the scene in front of him as he mumbles his reponse to the phone call...

..and shifts his perception to the realm of spirit. He quickly sorts through the auras in front of him. Not sparing a glance at Humpty and Dumpty, astral echoes of his own will and barely pausing over Sydney, the incarnation of Storm. He focuses past his teammates, featuring a surprising number of brightly colored awakened auras and focuses upon the Client...

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    It's obvious Damien, the dishelved, bald man is trying very hard not to do... something. Regardless, he closes his eyes and appears to be chewing his cheek while shaking Hemerson's hand. When Hemerson has finished talking, he speaks up. "Maybe, uhm," Damien hits himself once in the head, with a look of frustration on his face, "Maybe two of us should ride with Hemerson here, while the other three follow the car." He shrugs, rather pointedly, and continues. "If I ride with him, I can throw some defensive spells in case someone tries to kill the guy." A look of panic flits across Damien's face and he turns to face Hemerson. "Not that, uhm, anyone will try to kill you, sir. Hopefully." Flustered, he turns back to the group. "But, yeah. If you guys would like to take my Bulldog, it might be a little less conspicuous."

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "I dont see any reason for us to split up. The limo seems to have ample room for us, even our.. larger friend." giving the troll an appraising look. "However, if our employer feels it would be in his best interest for us to split up, I would preferr to stay with my equipment." Glancing at Damien, and back to Mr. Hemerson "No offense, but I wouldn't trust anyone with my equipment."

Lardalish on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    "Well, whatever we take, gimme a sec to grab my stuff." Marcus slid open the side of his van, hefting a rather heavy looking black bag over his back with ease.

He considered something for a moment. "In my opinion, if it's worth anything, is that we keep our VIP-.." He glanced over to Hemerson. "No offense meant, of course. But we keep him inside the limo, along with all but two of us."

Marcus looked between the different vehicles. "The other two, should get into a second vehicle, and act as a tail, staying a little ways off." He pondered again, producing a rather weathered looking commlink and punching in a few commands. "Now, it might be a good idea to plan our routes in advance, just to be safe."

"If you don't mind, of course."

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Damien shakes his head vigorously. "Yeah, yeah, that sounds good. I should probably ride in the limo becase I can probably heal him or put up a barrier if anything happens." After itching at his scalp for a moment, Damien turns back to Marcus. "So, uhm, do you think I should reinforce the car? I can do that, you know. Reinforce the car that is.

Like a lot."

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Galack reaches to the inner pocket of his suit and retrieves a cigar, lighting it and taking a deep drag.

"I'll take my bike if you dont mind... I'd have a bit of trouble fitting in the limo in any case. I can either follow behind or meet you there, its up to you.

Galack surveys all his companions, keeping special watch on the short balding man. Trolls may not be the brightest, but their hunches were as good as anyones, and his was telling him something was... odd about the man to say the least.

Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    As Galack lights his cigar, Damien follows the light with his eyes, almost as if transfixed by the fire. When he puts it away, Damien shakes himself slightly and begins to speak as if nothing had happened. "It's probably not a good idea to tail us in your chopper. That's more than a little noticeable. On the other hand, I suppose that could discourage any would-be attackers, although this guy seems pretty determined."

God, these Goblins are fucking pushy. Always have to have their way. At least he can probably do something with that bulk of his.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "I'll leave it up to the client, but you may be right, I can follow a bit behind. Besides, its not the loudest bike on the market."

Galack looks to his employer, tapping his cigar onto the driveway. "Well sir? Its up to you."

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Still might be better to take an actual car, two pairs of eyes are better than one" Marcus said as he slid the commlink back into his jacket. "In any case, we should decide who's going to go with Mr. Henderson."

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Before you put that away may I suggest we all flip our PANs to visible and exchange contact info? Last thing I want is to realize I don't have your number in the middle of a firefight. Unless somebody is confident that they can secure and monitor our communications treat the line as unsecured. You understand what I mean by that?"

Turning towards Mr Hemerson "That includes you, sir. Also, I'm going to be doing my best to keep you in my line of sight. So long as I can see you I can help prevent harmful magical effects used against you. I'm telling you this because I don't want you to be unnerved or angered at my behavior. My intent is merely provide the service you're paying me for."

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Well Gentlemen. We'll do whatever you want to do. My life is in your hands after all. But I would feel safer with more people in the car. And it is designed to support 3 people firing weapons at once."

"And of course Luc I'll send you my info at once"

Hemerson moves his hand towards his belt, flips a switch and blinks twice. In a half-second your PANs start filling up with Hemerson's contact information, PAN wireless number. Docwagon frequency number. Housewirless network #. And an a beginning-level access password so can contact Hemerson while he is in hidden mode. A vast cascade of info pours across your screen.

As do more than a few Shiawase pop-ups.

"Sorry"

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Looking at Hemerson, Luc, Jack and Galak can tell that he's scared. Oh he's hiding it, or trying to, but its obvious that Hemerson is scared so shitless that if a pin were to drop and he wasn't expecting it he run for the house as fast as he possibly could. This isn't the fear of a guy who thinks he may be in danger.

This is the fear of a guy WHO KNOWS HE IS GOING TO DIE. And its not going to be pretty. Its terror and resignation and horror and everything else. Its hidden pretty well.

But his eyes are a little too wide and they dart a little too fast everywhere Hemerson looks. Hemerson's smile is a little too brittle. His actions are little too shaky and high-strung. Hemerson is a man on the edge of deep-soul crushing fear.

And the only thing holding him back from curling up in a ball and crying for his mother, is the presence of other people; the thought that maybe you guys can save him and the idea that as a Shiawase exec he's supposed to act nonchalant in the face of danger.

Luc sees the same thing in the Astral. Terror in red, horror and despair in dark blues and blacks. Along with a shade of concealment, in light green. As if Hemerson wasn't telling you absolutely everything he knows. Close to everything about the situation. But not quite.

All Damien and Marcus can see is that Hemerson is slightly off. Like maybe he's a little uncomfortable. Or like last night's meal isn't sitting well.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Luke drives past the employers residence for the fourth time this morning. Over the last three times the group of humanoids gathering outside has been growing, and not all of them look to have the best of intentions. This time, however, Hemerson is standing with them and being still alive it's likely the group isn't hostile.

Pulling the nondescript over, Luke checks that his long coat is still covering his throat and pulls the sunglasses on. He sits in the car, checking the rear view for a minute before getting out and heading to the boot, making sure to lock the car doors. After taking another glance around under the guise of running his hand through his thinning blond hair, the short, wiry older man opens the boot and checks his duffel bag.

The Remington is still there, along with 50 each of slugs and fletchette shells and is accompanied by about 20m of standard rope and a vehicle toolkit complete with mini welder, wire clippers and lockpick set. There is also a gas mask, helmet and medkit just in case they are needed. He grabs the bag, and pats the pouches at his waist. These contain another 20 each of ammo for the shotgun, a couple each of flash bangs and frag grenades and the area jammer, white noise generator and tag eraser he always carries with him. A pocket in the coat has a drivers license and carry license as well as a commlink, all tied to one of his stash of SINs. Another pocket has the imaging scope for the shotgun, as its capabilities make it a useful tool even without the gun itself.

Satisfied that all the gear is in it's proper place, Luke grabs the bag and closes the trunk with another survey of the surrounding area. Spotting nothing to cause alarm, he heads over to the Hemerson and takes a closer look at what he assumes to be his new work mates.

"Howdy Y'all. One can never be too careful. The name's Luke. I'll be your driver for today, yesiree."

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Glad to see we're all here then. Well Mr. Hemmerson if its all the same to you... I'll follow behind on my bike. Two angles of lookout is better than one, in any case. If thats all right with everyone, I say we get going, wouldn't do for an exec to be late to work, would it?"

Galack heads back toward his bike in thought. Hemmerson thinks he's going to die. Galack smirks to himself. Maybe this might actually be an interesting job after all.

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Right, well if we are splitting up I will ride with Mr. Hemerson, and whatever you all decide, decide soon, we need to get moving. Like Galack said, we dont need to be late." I walk over to the Nightsky's door and open it. "Mr. Hemerson, if you will?"

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Damien walks into the open car without saying a word and sits down on the far end. Whistling, he tosses his backpack to the floor and pulls an Ares Alpha out onto his lap and loads it with regular ammunition. Then, he places his foci in one of the pockets on the front of his coat, for easy access.

Huh, seems like Hemerson is a little off. Did I unnerve him? I bet I unnerved him. I do that a lot.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Luke nods once, and duffle bag in hand wanders over to the Nightsky. Taking one last look at the surrounding area, he climbs into the drivers seat, tossing the duffle bag onto the front passenger seat. Before closing the door and preparing to head off he starts poking around the dash, both admiring the fine worksmanship and checking for anything unusual.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Marcus sat himself in the passenger's seat, laying his black duffel on his lap. Glancing in the rear compartment he noted Damien's rifle.

"Well, least we don't have to worry too much about being outgunned..."

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Damien cocked his head toward Marcus, a little like an owl.

"Yes. This is an Ares Alpha. It is a good gun. It shoots things really well. One time I shot someone with this gun.

They died."

Apprently finished speaking, Damien continued to whistle and stare out the window.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hemerson smiles and says "Whatever you gentlemen wish to do. After all, I have heard that in security matters, Bodyguards answer to God. It's your job to make sure that I don't meet him before my time."

Hemerson then walks quickly over to the limo and slides in, visibly relaxing as he does so. Here, in the car he is not exposed. Here he is safe.

"We can start the drive to work, whenever you're ready gentlemen"

It's exactly 9:00 AM.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Luke starts the limo and directs his attention to the other limo occupants.

"Well fellas, did'ja plot a route other than the usual? Wouldn't want ta make things to easy for 'em."

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Marcus pulled out his commlink for a second. "Might want to take the tunnel on the way there."

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Sounds good to me, Let me just get the route data off ya."

With that, Luke activates the wireless on his implanted commlink via the DNI to receive the data.

"I've got two commlinks going, send it to this one if you would be so kind."

With that Luke gives Marcus access to the hidden network that is now running on the implanted commlink.

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Staring his bike, Galack follows the limo closely, Keeping his sharp eyes out for anyone shadowing, acutely aware that people, or at least normal people, dont get as nervous as hemmerson is without an excellent reason.

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Roger that" He punched a few more commands into his commlink, and set it aside.

Marcus unzipped his bag and produced what seemed to be a field-stripped Ares Alpha. Almost immediately, and with the precise movements of someone who had military training, begins to put the weapon together from the parts hidden in the duffel.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    You hear a slight gasp from the back seat, and it appears Damien is excited for some reason. Pointing at Marcus, he exclaims "Hey!" Then he looks down at his lap, where his Ares Alpha is resting, then back at Marcus. "We have the same gun! That makes us gun buddies."

Contendedly, he lies back in his seat.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Luc stares at Damien a moment before snapping himself back to reality.

"Right, well I'll leave you, uh, gun buddies to handle the physical side of things. Damien if you can provide counterspelling cover to our employer I'll keep an eye on the astral scenery."

The dwarf makes himself comfortable in the limo and watches to see what the response will be.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Right then, if we're all ready lets get this show on the road."

With that Luke starts the car rolling, smoothly pulling out onto the roadway and beginning the journey down the tunnel route to the employers destination.

'Wonder how this beast'll handle in a pinch' he thinks to himself. 'Hopefully we won't have to find out the hard way.'

Chrysis on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Damien gives Luc a sharp look, and mutters something about Gunbuddies being a sacred bond, before consenting to putting Counterspell protection on Hemerson. After glancing over his employer for a moment, Damien began to build an arcane barrier over him that would, hopefully, protect him from any hostile spells.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    "Alright then." Luc nods then leans back and places his fedora over his face and by all appearances falls asleep.

Jumping into the astral Luc takes up station over the dull featureless astral shadow of the limo and begins to survey the path for anything out of the usual.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The limo slides like a shark into the street, with Galack following close behind. The engine purrs like a kitten under Luke's practiced fingers and the car drives down the pavement with no sound at all for those inside.

As you pass through the high-status, high-price neighborhood where Hemerson lives, the cold contrast of the starkly white walls and the deep green of the manicured lawns, attended purely by drones from lawn care companies, is almost shocking. And there are no people outside. There are cars in some driveways, nothing in others. But nobody who lives here is outside, even on a nice day like today. Everything is well-kept and tidy. And there isn't a person to be found.

8 blocks later, you slide onto the main street leading downtown, and eventually to the tunnel that leads to the Shiawase compound that Hemerson works at. Now you are with people. Or more precisely with cars holding people. Almost all of them are being piloted by GridGuide and are sliding along with efficient, cost-effective, mechanical precision. As you slide into the stream of traffic, there isn't even a reaction from the other cars.

When you reach the downtown business district, a high walled canyon of steel and mirrored glass. You slide along streets and turn corners and there are people everywhere. But they don't talk to each other. They don't look at the limo. They don't even look at or acknowledge each other. Even in shops and restaurants, people acknowledge each other as little as possible, carrying out their errands and tasks with as little interference as possible.

As you glide into the tunnel that reaches underneath Mountain Creek Lake and towards the Shiawase compound you enter a world of orange lights and black shadows, as the columns supporting the tunnel roll on past, and you pass slowly moving cars, trucks and vans. There are less cars here than there were on the main road, as this tunnel only leads to corporate parks and industrial compounds and most of the drones were at work hours ago.

And then Luc and Jack spot something. Luc in the Astral, as he ratchets in on the laser like focus of the drivers of a GMC Bulldog. The drivers are watching your limo. Watching it like its the most important thing in there life. And only their dedication to watching the limo is holding in their deep-seated and consuming need for violence.

Jack sees something different on the physical plane. Out of the corner of his eye he sees a black GMC Bulldog. The van is pure black, with tinted windows. Nothing remarkable. One he could of sworn he saw at the beginning of this little trip, about two cars behind them when they switched onto the main road. And there have been little flashes of it ever since. A quick glimpse of the side as the limo turns at an intersection. A quick flash of the van behind another car as the limo glides down a main street. There are other cars there. Always other cars. But as Jack searches his memory, the black van is always there. The black van has always been there.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Damien notices Jack start to look a little disturbed. "Hey, uhm, Driverguy. Do you think I should lay down a detection spell or something? I dunno, it would only work if... whoever meant harm to us as well as him." Damien shrugs. "Might be worth a shot."

Cosmic Sombrero on