As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Magic Toaster and Forbe Variety [CHAT]

• Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    have you thought of making the paper print slightly larger then what the image is so that your entire image can actually properly fit on the printed paper?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    exitexit Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    have you ever thought of making the print slightly larger then what the image is so that your entire image can actually properly fit on the printed paper?
    did x_o

oh well i got this shit working to a point where it's passable, i guess a little fuzz never hurt

I'LL SAY IT'S MY ~STYLE~

exit on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hey guys

what's up

you seen bacon around?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'VE SEEN FRIED CHICKEN!! HYUCK HYUCK

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    hey guys

what's up

you seen bacon around?

He is probably on the way to your house right now to murder you

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »
    Tam wrote: »
    hey guys

what's up

you seen bacon around?

He is probably on the way to your house right now to murder you

well that sucks

Tam on
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Don't worry, it'll probably be a murder/suicide so you won't be going alone. Then he can do some drawovers for you in heaven.

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    murderers don't go to heaven you silly tuber

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well hell isn't really that bad you get use to it

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    that's true I have gotten used to you

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm like a tumor, It grows on you. :<

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, it's excrtiantingly hot here today 45C (113F) and were kicking it above 100F for the rest of the week.
    Australia sucks balls at this time of year.

Mustang on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Man, it's excrtiantingly hot here today 45C (113F) and were kicking it above 100F for the rest of the week.

It gets to 50C here in the summer. Global warming sucks tits.

Anyone experienced with Blogspot? I'm trying to figure out how to make it handle my images properly.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Jesus 50, where the fuck do you live?

Mustang on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Look at those balloons!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=tAF5HHJOCRY&feature=related

EDIT: Also I got an awesome cowboy hat in the mail today from the folks.

Godfather on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I love astronomy work. I read the questions and I'm always like "Okay, well, this here is inaccurate, and this is kind of illogical, so I don't know what you want me to do, but you want an answer, so I'll just do this and this, and then this, and oh look, there's the answer."

*Rather, astronomy problems written by nutty professors in intro classes.

Basically what I'm saying is that my general process seems to be to question the question and be like "nuh uh" but then just kind of ramble about and roll in the muck until something turns up.

I'm still stuck on this question (in a totally intro class, first session, where no one is supposed to know much of anything) that's asking me to calculate the amount of galaxies in the observable universe, when we're given the uniform distribution of galaxies (average distance between them) and the radius of the sphere of the observable universe. Isn't that kind of insane three dimensional geometry/algebra?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Today, I put one of the Sansa e260s I bought on my chem prof's podium to record the lecture. Forgot to get it back after lecture. I reeeeeaaaalllyy hope he has it.

Tam on
  • Options
    DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Australia sucks balls.

You said it buddy.

DeeLock on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Oh god, how did a salad sandwich make me feel so bloaty and fat? BLORGh. :O*********

Meanwhile, almost finished all my arts for friday! I'll have to update my thread tonight. Woooo.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    DeeLock wrote: »
    Australia sucks balls.

You said it buddy.

Damn your wittiness and my inability to come up with a comeback.

Mustang on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You're in victoria Mustang? I love you guys complaining about a week of hot weather. We had a two week heatwave here over the new year. We're tough, the West Australians.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Someone ban prox for this abomination of a thread.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    OK THIS THREAD TITLE IS NOT FINE BY ME, IT GRINDS MY GEARS, IT'S THE KIND OF THING THAT JUST PISSES ME OFF.

WHAT DOES [TEMP CHAT] EVEN MEAN? IT'S LIKE WE'RE IN SOME KIND OF QUASI-SPACE BETWEEN ACTUALITY AND NON-BEING. HOW CAN OUR WORDS BE TEMPORARY IN AN ACTUAL SPACE? WHERE IS THE ESSENCE OF OUR BEING WHEN WE ARE REDUCED TO SOME INDETERMINATE FORM WHICH IS EQUALLY LIKELY TO DISSIPATE TO NON-BEING AT ANY MOMENT'S WHIM?!

AND THE HOVEL? WHAT IS A HOVEL AND WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH TEMPORARINESS? HOW CAN A HOVEL BE TEMPORARY? IS THIS SOME SORT OF COMMENTARY ON THE VERY FORM OF THIS THREAD, WHICH BY ITS OWN EXISTENCE AND TITLE HAS BEEN REDUCED TO THE NON-BEING SPACE OF LIMBO? ARE WE WITHIN THE HOVEL OR WITHOUT? DOES THE HOVEL TRULY DEFINE US?

DO THE WORDS AROUND THE BRACKETS SERVE AS FUNCTION PARAMETERS FOR THE INTERIOR OF THE DEFINITION? IF THE TEMP CHAT IS EQUAL PARTS TEMPORARY AND HOVEL, THEN DOESN'T IT ALL CEASE TO MAKE LOGICAL SENSE? HOW DO I CARRY OUT THE VALUES OF TEMPORARY AND HOVEL INTO THE VALUES OF TEMP AND CHAT WHILE DISTRIBUTING MEANING EVENLY AMONGST THEM?

WHAT DOES TEMP MEAN IF NOT TEMPERATURE OR TEMPORARY; AND IF IT MEANS TEMPERATURE, WHERE ARE WE WITHIN CHAT THAT THE TEMPERATURE OF THE TEMPORARY-CHAT HOVEL-CHAT IS CHAT? OR RATHER, BY THE FUNCTION PARAMETERS, THE TEMPERATURE OF TEMPORARY IS TEMPORARY CHAT AND THE TEMPERATURE OF HOVEL IS HOVEL CHAT, PLUS THE TEMPERATURE OF HOVEL IS TEMPORARY CHAT AND THE TEMPERATURE OF TEMPORARY IS HOVEL CHAT.

AND IF TEMP IS TEMPORARY IN ABBREVIATE FORM, THEN IS TEMPORARY CHAT OR IS THE CHAT TEMPORARY? WHAT SORT OF STATE OF BEING IS "CHAT" AND HOW DOES IT BEGIN AND END, AND WHAT HAPPENS IN BETWEEN? AND HOW DO THE FUNCTION PARAMETERS OF TEMPORARY / HOVEL AFFECT THIS STATE OF BEING? AND IF TEMPORARY IS INDEED CHAT, THEN HOW DO WE APPLY THIS STATE OF BEING TO THE ADJECTIVE FORM OF TEMPORARINESS? OR ARE BOTH DEFINITIONS AFFECTING EACH OTHER EQUALLY, DISTRIBUTING THE MEANING BETWEEN THE TWO, AS WELL AS THE MEANING OF THE FUNCTION PARAMETERS OF TEMPORARY / HOVEL TO THE AGGREGATE MEANING THAT IS FORMED?

AND IF TEMP IS SIMPLY "TEMP", WITH NO FURTHER MEANING ATTRIBUTED THAN ITS OWN AESTHETIC IMPRESSION OF LETTER-FORM OR SOUND-FORM AS CARRIED TO OUR MINDS, THEN HOW CAN WE EVER REALLY DETERMINE HOW CHAT AND TEMPORARY / HOVEL AFFECT IT, AND HOW IT AFFECTS THEM IN TURN?

WHERE AM I AND WHAT HAPPENED TO MY DOG?

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You're in victoria Mustang? I love you guys complaining about a week of hot weather. We had a two week heatwave here over the new year. We're tough, the West Australians.

Good god! Victorian! I've never been so insulted. I'm from Adelaide sir, and I can assure you that our balls are just as leathery and parched as those in the west.

and srsizzy, I'm not even going to read that until it is formatted in the proper manner.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'm not rewriting it in lower-case, so I guess you're missing out on grade-A philosophy.

I'm reading about surrealism right now, so be witness to my inspiration.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Toast was supposed to make one! TOAST! But i made one because there was none. But then toast refused to make one...

PROX on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    It's okay PROX; your failure led to me having a period of self-enjoyment, which of late such periods come rarely.

srsizzy on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jesus 50, where the fuck do you live?

Southern California. To be fair, it's dry as well, so you're not drowned and burnt at the same time.

yalborap on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Woah woah woah
    I was just, for some inane reason, ticking off a list of people I remember from the AC that don't post here anymore.
    SUDDENLY
    A Wild Metalbourne!

RubberAC on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

More like, Adelaide sucks balls!

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    RubberAC wrote: »
    Woah woah woah
    I was just, for some inane reason, ticking off a list of people I remember from the AC that don't post here anymore.
    SUDDENLY
    A Wild Metalbourne!

Gooooooooooooooooooo000000000 pokeball!!

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ummmmm.... what?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good morning chaps! What's new?

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ice, sleet, and sleep.

Also homework being due that shouldn't be due because class got canceled... and quote "we will do everything next class that we would have done this class" but the dropbox for today's assignment already closed...

strange and frusttraiting.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Guys, if I can tell a well coloured comic from a badly coloured one, does that mean I will be able to learn good colouring with enough practice? Or is there more to that?

Mayday on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think that's a part of it. So, if you draw your own stuff and it looks bad, you can recognize it.

I think the rest comes from a mix of knowledge and, eventually instinct.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Assuming you're not colorblind/actually blind, why the hell wouldn't you be able to? It's just making observations and applying it. It's not anything mystical or magical or mysterious like becoming a wizard, or a horse.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Anyone can learn to do anything in drawing/painting I think. You just have to actually treat it like it is something that requires a lot of dedication, instead of something that you are born with, because it isn't.

rts on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think that this is Betty Edwards point of view on her book, Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain. She says anyone can draw.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    And anyone can, if you can't draw you aren't trying hard enough.

It is really frustrating to me actually when people say things like "you are lucky you are so talented" as if I didn't have to work at all. Makes me want to punch them in the face.

rts on
This discussion has been closed.