As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LOTRO] Barrovian Society Wanders but is not Lost

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Simon Moon wrote: »
    I'd really enjoy the Misty Mountains and Angmar a whole lot more if they weren't full of Bastards Who Throw Rocks At You. Seriously, I can handle anything else, but for some reason those rock-throwers get my blood a boilin'.

Anything with stupidly, unnecessarily large aggro ranges pisses me off. Like birds. Fucking birds.

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Brids are LOTRO's Cliffracers. At least you outlevel most of them halfway through the quests in the zone.

Aldo on
  • JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Guys, I just downloaded the trial version and was wondering how I get a trial key. I did the sign up thing, but then it just took me to download site again. Are they supposed to email it to me?

Jubeh on
  • Koopa_ParatroopaKoopa_Paratroopa Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have three 14 day free trials, pm me if you want one. I can't guarantee that I will get back to you asap, because I work full time and go to college. I will get back to you eventually though.

Koopa_Paratroopa on
    Pearl FC: 5113 8469 2573
    HG FC: 4942 0608 0811
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So, after leveling a Hunter and Warden both up to 24, I've decided ot just pick one and run with it. I Love the hunter, but once the classes and lands converged, I found myself doing the same quests back 2 back, it was sucking the fun out of it.

So, I'm going Warden.

I was wondering which gambits people tend ot use for the Warden. So far, I tend to do the 3 button gambit, of attack, shield, yell to get the bleed on him. Then just the attack, attack to widdle him down.

But upon closer inspection, I noticed I have more 3 button combos, and I just realized the

attack, shield, attack gambit is pretty sweet.

And I use hte 3 button Gambit that increases block to damn near infinity, and the 3 button gambit to regen some morale.

Those are my go to's. Anyone else have some sweet strats?

DrunkMc on
    edited January 2009
    Depends on context. if I'm fighting lowlevs I'm using fist-spear to up my traits. When I'm fighting mobs of around my level I try to get the jump on them, then pull off some spear-fist-spear or spear-shield-spear gambits. If I'm getting adds I do a shield-spear-shield and a shield-shield. If my critical strike isn't on cooldown I usually do a spear-shield to get them stunned.

In fellowships I try to get aggro on everything with fist-fist or fist-shield and then focus on one mob at a time with lots of fist-shield-spear/fist and pure dps. I consider it my job at the moment to make sure that mobs don't go from main tank to healer, so I just try to get some aggro in.

Aldo on
  • DedianDedian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I started a warden alt to try out some tinker crafting... I'd have to have a couple cups of coffee and actually focus on what I was doing when playing a Warden! I mean, sure I've got situational attacks on my champ, but I don't have to remember what things to do in what order to be able to actually perform it. :D

Dedian on
    edited January 2009
    Dedian wrote: »
    Man, I started a warden alt to try out some tinker crafting... I'd have to have a couple cups of coffee and actually focus on what I was doing when playing a Warden! I mean, sure I've got situational attacks on my champ, but I don't have to remember what things to do in what order to be able to actually perform it. :D

I think the progression of the gambits is very well done. You don't get too many at a time to remember, so you kinda just........do remember after a while. Also, they are broken down into 3 colors, for in my head I label attack, block and taunt.

They did a real good job of what u put into the gambit, is what comes out. More attacks then block and taunt and u'll do more damage. More taunt then the rest and u'll taunt with some damge, more shield you block more or regen health. It all feels very......natural. :^::^: to the Warden Gambit System Development.

DrunkMc on
    edited January 2009
    Yeah, it works fantastically. My only qualm is that the fist skill takes longer than shield and spear to go off. I don't know why. :(

Aldo on
  • blindside044blindside044 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jubeh wrote: »
    Guys, I just downloaded the trial version and was wondering how I get a trial key. I did the sign up thing, but then it just took me to download site again. Are they supposed to email it to me?

they where having an issue with that yesterday but they said they fixed it today... so I hate to say it, but try redownloading from the trial page.

blindside044 on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Yeah, it works fantastically. My only qualm is that the fist skill takes longer than shield and spear to go off. I don't know why. :(

Fist skill also works at range, yeah? Maybe that's why.

Do wardens ever get any attacks that hit multiple targets?

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Simon Moon wrote: »

Fist skill also works at range, yeah? Maybe that's why.

Do wardens ever get any attacks that hit multiple targets?

Yeah, fairly early on too. The Fist/Fist and Fist/Shield gambits hit up to 3 and 10 targets respectively. Mainly agro generation tools, but still helpful.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
    edited January 2009
    Jubeh wrote: »

they where having an issue with that yesterday but they said they fixed it today... so I hate to say it, but try redownloading from the trial page.

You may just need to go through the sign-up process:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?&postid=3344374#post3344374

Dedian on
  • JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    It's cool, guys. Koopa_Paratroopa gave me one of his keys.

Jubeh on
    edited January 2009
    Ah, cool. Enjoy! Hope you end up playing on a regular basis.

Dinged 27 on my hunter last night, and holy shitfuck are skills getting expensive. I actually winced when I bought one for 60+ silver. Fast travel options are shit-hot, and had I known hunters could do this, I would've been playing one since beta.

Triple B on
    edited January 2009
    Triple B wrote: »
    Ah, cool. Enjoy! Hope you end up playing on a regular basis.

Dinged 27 on my hunter last night, and holy shitfuck are skills getting expensive. I actually winced when I bought one for 60+ silver. Fast travel options are shit-hot, and had I known hunters could do this, I would've been playing one since beta.

Nice! And you're still having money issues? :D I think my hunter's ... 14 now, I might log in on him this weekend to level'm'up. Just hit 42 on my champ last night - got the Forest Walker set (the set animation/sound is cool, but freaked me out when I equiped the last piece, I thought I was imploding or something). Now I just need some Thick Elven Soldier's pieces to round out my stats, but nobody makes it (olol let's make Hardened Elven Soldier's, which has Fate and Will! wooooo (poop)). So, if anyone can make the Thick Elven stuff, let me know :) I think I'll also grind out some deeds, and get my melee vuln and armour value traits up. Thank god I don't have to do the final Bounder's deed again.

Dedian on
    edited January 2009
    I'm always having money issues, man. :(

I demand that everyone here who plays LOTRO stay logged in for the next 48 hours straight and farm hides, ore, and wood for me. Do it. :x

Triple B on
    edited January 2009
    I'm always having money issues, man. :(

I demand that everyone here who plays LOTRO stay logged in for the next 48 hours straight and farm hides, ore, and wood for me. Do it. :x

Hehe Actually, I have a whole lot of barrow and rich-iron ore to pick up. I've been keeping up on my hides pretty well, since those just drop from what I'm killing, but I need to master B-I and R-I.. can't live without the little yellow anvil!

Dedian on
    edited January 2009
    I know, man. I'm actually in a pretty good spot right now. I'm working on mastering barrow-iron and rich iron. I've already mastered ash and i'm working on mastering yew. I've mastered boiling lights and mediums, but I still need mediums to master journeyman tailor. Once I master all those, I'll start working on sturdy hides, dwarf iron, and whatever wood is after yew. Lebethron, is it? I think so. Anyway, being where I'm at with crafting at my level is pretty good, I think. I haven't even been to any places that drop pristine hides, lebethron, or dwarf-iron/platinum yet.

Triple B on
    edited January 2009
    I know, man. I'm actually in a pretty good spot right now. I'm working on mastering barrow-iron and rich iron. I've already mastered ash and i'm working on mastering yew. I've mastered boiling lights and mediums, but I still need mediums to master journeyman tailor. Once I master all those, I'll start working on sturdy hides, dwarf iron, and whatever wood is after yew. Lebethron, is it? I think so. Anyway, being where I'm at with crafting at my level is pretty good, I think. I haven't even been to any places that drop pristine hides, lebethron, or dwarf-iron/platinum yet.

Pristine drops off stuff 35+, so it'll be a while. Somehow I got an exceptional hide off some level 34 mob once, dunno how that happened but it's taking up space and it needs to be boiled! I send my spare copper/silver/gold to my tinker alt, and my wood to my hunter (whatever profession that has weapon and woodworker). I need to work on food, as well - what's your char name and what stats are good for you at your level - I'll make you some trail food :D

Dedian on
    edited January 2009
    I've got 2.5g at lev28. No house, being cheap on trade skills (scholar/farmer properly leveled, only did 1st level on weaponsmith), doing lots of instances and using scroll home+kinship house+warden teleport properly means I'm not poor. :P

Aldo on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If I play the 10day trial, can i upgrade to the full version and keep my character?

CangoFett on
    edited January 2009
    Dedian on
    edited January 2009
    Anyone else see all severs as dead?

They're back up

DrunkMc on
    edited January 2009

Pristine drops off stuff 35+, so it'll be a while. Somehow I got an exceptional hide off some level 34 mob once, dunno how that happened but it's taking up space and it needs to be boiled! I send my spare copper/silver/gold to my tinker alt, and my wood to my hunter (whatever profession that has weapon and woodworker). I need to work on food, as well - what's your char name and what stats are good for you at your level - I'll make you some trail food :D

My guy's name is Hjartad. Surname Hamast. Like the Sigur Ros song. 8-)

Feel free to send all the hides you need boiled, wood you need treated (so long as it's lebethron or lower so far ;)), and food you need eaten. I have no idea about my stats, but I'll pretty much eat anything. :D

Triple B on
    edited January 2009
    CangoFett wrote: »
    If I play the 10day trial, can i upgrade to the full version and keep my character?

Just in case you didnt catch it, Dedian posted the link on how to do it... so to answer the question, yes you can.

blindside044 on
    edited January 2009
    Dinged 28 a little bit ago, and succeeded in mastering Expert Prospector, Expert Forester, and Journeyman Tailor tonight. Do you realize what this means. It means I am completely fucking done with rich iron, gold, yew, and medium hides. After mastering expert prospector and forester, I checked out my status on journeyman tailor, and I needed about 250 medium hides to boil and subsequently stitch into materials. I was like "I am not farming 5 fucking stacks of mediums" so I went to the AH and spent 1.4g on medium hides, boiled them, made them into braces, and I am done. I don't regret spending the money.

Triple B on
    edited January 2009
    Dinged 28 a little bit ago, and succeeded in mastering Expert Prospector, Expert Forester, and Journeyman Tailor tonight. Do you realize what this means. It means I am completely fucking done with rich iron, gold, yew, and medium hides. After mastering expert prospector and forester, I checked out my status on journeyman tailor, and I needed about 250 medium hides to boil and subsequently stitch into materials. I was like "I am not farming 5 fucking stacks of mediums" so I went to the AH and spent 1.4g on medium hides, boiled them, made them into braces, and I am done. I don't regret spending the money.

Step awaaaay from the needle and thread :) Seriously, though, the rug recipes from the Elven housing district are good for general tailor level'n:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=166252

Dedian on
    edited January 2009

Step awaaaay from the needle and thread :) Seriously, though, the rug recipes from the Elven housing district are good for general tailor level'n:

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=166252

Haha, excellent. Now just send me the 4 G's, and I'll be on my merry way. :D

Edit: Also, before I logged last night, I bought out the entire Auction Hall of Athelas Essences. Lesser, normal, and greater. In my own defense, I was really hard-up for health pots. :lol:

Triple B on
    edited January 2009
    it's bloody impossible to get a GA fs going. D:

Aldo on
  • Simon MoonSimon Moon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That's because GA is tedious, dangerous, and doesn't give terribly great loot.

That said, about a month ago, I managed to 3 man it as a mid 20s guard, with a mid 20s warden and a 60 minstrel. The fight with the tree was rough. And then I went and turned in one of the quests, and was told to go back and kill a mess of hillmen. Never again.

Simon Moon on
    Steam: simon moon
    edited January 2009
    The loot are all upgrades from what I'm wearing now at l28, so smeh.

Aldo on
    edited January 2009

tell your kinmates to stop being assholes and help you :P

blindside044 on
    edited January 2009

tell your kinmates to stop being assholes and help you :P

Did that already, got a little help, but not enough to just do it. There's enough of us with quests to do, but we don't play at the same times and half of them never read the forum. Highly annoying.

Aldo on
    edited January 2009
    Did bk2 ch8 (see also screenshot thread). I also updated my hat from the ugly epic bounder's hat (TWO feathers!) bounders-hat.gif to anequally ugly and silly hat with bunny ears

bunny-hat.jpg

As you can imagine I nearly always have my helmet off.

Aldo on
  • CangoFettCangoFett Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So um, I roled a Loremaster, with my wife being a Hunter.

Noticing soem minor issues with crowd control/lacking a tank. Will I get better at crowd control later? Or should I hurry up and regrind a guardian overnight?

CangoFett on
    edited January 2009

Noticing soem minor issues with crowd control/lacking a tank. Will I get better at crowd control later? Or should I hurry up and regrind a guardian overnight?
    Loremaster has good crowd control as they can stun more than one mob (not sure what the skill is called, mince or mezz or something), but cannot tank. Hunter is slightly better at tanking what with medium armor, but her primary role is ranged dps.

Aldo on
    edited February 2009
    Dinged 29 today while running some quests in the eastern part of the Lone Lands. Agamaur is a fucking whore, let it be known. Picked up quite a few GA quests in the process, so Aldo if you're looking for a fellowship to head in there, I'd consider joining up to give it a go. Get in touch with Hjartad if it suits you.

Triple B on
    edited February 2009

yea, the hats/helmets are painfully ugly in this game, or at least 98% of them. Good thing they have the option to turn it off. And same goes for a lot of the armour; thank goodness for the cosmetic slots!

Loremaster has the CC in the game. Not sure when exactly the good stuff kicks in as I havent actually played a LM... but it will kick in. :)

blindside044 on
    edited February 2009

yea, the hats/helmets are painfully ugly in this game, or at least 98% of them. Good thing they have the option to turn it off. And same goes for a lot of the armour; thank goodness for the cosmetic slots!

I've been laughing at this ever since I started playing again. When I first played, they didn't have cosmetic stuff. It's like they finally acknowledged the fact that their in-game armor is fuck-ugly and decided to give us something that wasn't an eyesore. :lol:

Triple B on