As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week 2/07/07

CBG BlenderCBG Blender Registered User, ClubPA regular
edited February 2007 in Graphic Violence
My vote: New Avengers #27

The whole issue, but specifically:

[spoiler:31417fc5e8]
Luke Cage: I got a message from Matt Murdock
Elektra: Yeah?
Luke Cage: He told me, if I see you, to give you this...
*BAM* [/spoiler:31417fc5e8]

tacopaco.gif

CBG Blender on

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

[spoiler:4ef514b52e]
    *BAM* [/spoiler:4ef514b52e]

thats kind of odd actually considering

[spoiler:4ef514b52e]elektra has really been helping him out a lot recently in Daredevil[/spoiler:4ef514b52e]

Zavian on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Incredible Hulk had a couple cool spots. I don't have the ish with me, though, so I can't quote any of it.

DarkPrimus on
  • CBG BlenderCBG Blender Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Zavian wrote:

[spoiler:aa24b4ae61]elektra has really been helping him out a lot recently in Daredevil[/spoiler:aa24b4ae61]

This issue seems like it's pretty far ahead of the rest of the comics. [spoiler:aa24b4ae61] The New Avengers have already reformed and whatnot. Maybe something else happens between Matt and Elektra before the end of the current DD arc? [/spoiler:aa24b4ae61]

Here is the link to the panel in question. The overall issue was great, but this one moment is pretty quotable in an 'unnecessary roughness' sort of way.

CBG Blender on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In a flashback in X-23, a former assassin with the power of invisibility to both the human eye and all electronics has just extorted millions from Wilson Fisk by kidnapping the Kingpin's niece and offering to set her free in exchange for a 20% take from all operations.

But Wilson Fisk doesn't have a niece...

X-23TargetX3-011.jpg

X-23TargetX3-012.jpg

X-23TargetX3-013.jpg

X-23TargetX3-014.jpg

X-23TargetX3-016.jpg[/i]

robosagogo on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2007
    Zavian wrote:

[spoiler:4a976b0e61]
    *BAM* [/spoiler:4a976b0e61]

[spoiler:4a976b0e61]elektra has really been helping him out a lot recently in Daredevil[/spoiler:4a976b0e61]

Well, in this issue: [spoiler:4a976b0e61]She kidnaps and kills one of his friends, then attempts to brainwash her. He's probably not real happy about that.[/spoiler:4a976b0e61]

And I nominate Dark Tower #1. All of it.

DJ Eebs on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Newuniversal #3

[spoiler:dff0c091d5]Super cop kills the guys who almost killed him. With a motherfucking lightsaber that's projecting from his hand. That shit was fucking gruesome and awesome.[/spoiler:dff0c091d5]

But yeah, that X-23 bit was bad ass. That Trigger is some scary shit. And I'll need to pick up Dark Tower tomorrow to see what you're talking about, Geebs. Diamond screwed up the shipment to my LCS, so they're overnighting it today. It's like I'm a damn magnet for shipping problems.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've never read any X-23, and the concept's always seemed really ridiculous to me.

But that was fucking awesome.

august on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    No Dark Tower in store

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Any way

[spoiler:55b33e60aa] Steel Mother fuckers[/spoiler:55b33e60aa]

Supergirl

[spoiler:55b33e60aa] The last page. Oh god that was creepy[/spoiler:55b33e60aa]

Mystery in Space

[spoiler:55b33e60aa] Bug shootout[/spoiler:55b33e60aa]

Jonah Hex

[spoiler:55b33e60aa] Little girl snapping the guys neck[/spoiler:55b33e60aa]

Bloods End on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What Luke Cage did to Elektra was... well lets just say I never thought I'd see that in a Marvel comic! *applaudes*

And that X-23 panel is indeed keen. Though I have to admit the whole "creepy 85lb girl that can beat up anybody" deal is getting old fast. I like X-23 but it just seems that for the last, oh, five years there is always a creepy little 15 year old girl with tooth picks for limbs that is shown handing 250 pound UFC fighters their asses.

It's just been done is all.

Caveman Paws on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What Luke Cage did to Elektra was... well lets just say I never thought I'd see that in a Marvel comic! *applaudes*

And that X-23 panel is indeed keen. Though I have to admit the whole "creepy 85lb girl that can beat up anybody" deal is getting old fast. I like X-23 but it just seems that for the last, oh, five years there is always a creepy little 15 year old girl with tooth picks for limbs that is shown handing 250 pound UFC fighters their asses.

It's just been done is all.

So has flying.

Anyways I'm going with New Avengers
    Mainly Spider-Man:"I need to get an Iron Fist"

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    Supergirl

[spoiler:7b99994a2a] The last page. Oh god that was creepy[/spoiler:7b99994a2a]

I didn't think it was cool enough for moment of the week, but what the fuck was up with that? Some sort of new power?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Supergirl is an enigma wrapped up in a riddle wrapped up in precious little skirt.

<3

For me it's got to be 52, as I said in the fitty-two thread.

"We're wasting time with the redshirts!"

Between that and George Takei's licence plate in Heroes I'm having a pretty nerdy week.

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Steel vs. Luthor

fuck you if you picked anything else :mrgreen:

Those X23 pages are terrible

Algertman on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007

Yo. So who's Ronin?

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Squashua wrote:

Yo. So who's Ronin?

We don't know yet, but I doubt he's Cap or Hawkeye, because he doesn't talk like either of them.

DarkPrimus on
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The first issue of the Dark Tower was every bit as great as I'd hoped it would be; Jae Lee's art is gorgeous.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote:

Man, WHAT? No sane person can look at that sequence and come up with what you did. It's like you hate anything that's awesome.

Or, you know, you hate anything that's Marvel. :roll:

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

Man, WHAT? No sane person can look at that sequence and come up with what you did. It's like you hate anything that's awesome.

Who does the art? Because everyone in those pages looks like a chick (in the face)

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    You know what I didn't like about New Universal? The character whose face looked like Angelina Jolie's, the character whose face looked like Johhny Depp's, and the character whose face looked like Gene Hackman.

Learn to fucking be creative, Mr. Illustrator.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Briareos wrote:
    You know what I didn't like about New Universal? The character whose face looked like Angelina Jolie's, the character whose face looked like Johhny Depp's, and the character whose face looked like Gene Hackman.

You forgot James Cromwell as Angelina Jolie's boss.

Judas on

- General Ferdinand Foch
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

Who does the art? Because everyone in those pages looks like a chick (in the face)

Penciller is Michael Choi. He's good for the most part, but he draws every male about 10 years too young. Laura and her cousin, though, are drawn about 5 years older than they are.

Also, I'm not totally sure, but I think Salvador Larocca does celebrity references a good bit. It was annoying at first, but now I kinda look at it as if I'm watching a movie. I can almost imagine that either Ellis or Larocca thought "man, if I could make a movie about this, these are the people I'd have in it".

wwtMask on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Briareos wrote:

Uh, yeah, every character is based on a celebrity. I think it's on purpose just because it's so prominent. The cop is Bruce Willis, and the dude who has fire powers or whatever and killed the cops who were about to execute him is Sawyer from Lost.

Mai-Kero on
    edited February 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Briareos wrote:

Uh, yeah, every character is based on a celebrity. I think it's on purpose just because it's so prominent. The cop is Bruce Willis, and the dude who has fire powers or whatever and killed the cops who were about to execute him is Sawyer from Lost.

The cop started to morph into Vin Diesel for a few pages in issue 3. It was a little disconcerting.

For some reason, I always thought they weren't allowed to use an actor or actress' likeness in a comic without permission.

Judas on

- General Ferdinand Foch
    edited February 2007
    Judas wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Briareos wrote:

The cop started to morph into Vin Diesel for a few pages in issue 3. It was a little disconcerting.

For some reason, I always thought they weren't allowed to use an actor or actress' likeness in a comic without permission.

I'm inclined to assume that Marvel has vetted this through their legal department, but, you never know, people can be alarmingly stupid.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

or maybe I don't like comics that suck

admit it, X23 was created so Wolverine fanboys could masturbate over him without feeling gay

Algertman on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

admit it, X23 was created so Wolverine fanboys could masturbate over him without feeling gay

So by this logic Mary Marvel was created so Captain Marvel fanboys could masturbate over him and feel like pedophiles.

You are a dumb.

Mai-Kero on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

So by this logic Mary Marvel was created so Captain Marvel fanboys could masturbate over him and feel like pedophiles.

You are a dumb.

And Batgirl, Supergirl, She-Hulk....etc etc.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

And Batgirl, Supergirl, She-Hulk....etc etc.

And Wonder Girl, and Power Boy... Wait, am I doing this right?

Fencingsax on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    She actually has little in common with Wolverine, claws aside. I actually think she has more in common with Cassandra Cain.

But then, Batgirl only exists because Batman fanboys need somebody to masturbate to without feeling gay.

It has come full circle.

robosagogo on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    robosagogo wrote:
    She actually has little in common with Wolverine, claws aside. I actually think she has more in common with Cassandra Cain.

But then, Batgirl only exists because Batman fanboys need somebody to masturbate to without feeling gay.

It has come full circle.

More importantly, which Batgirl is hotter? Babs, or Cassandra?

Fencingsax on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

It has come full circle.

Babs.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:

the first thing that popped into my head was "wheelchair fetish".

Canada_jezus on
    edited February 2007
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

Because I'm lazy, please assume that I shit on your retarded comment like everyone else did.

wwtMask on
    edited February 2007
    Fencingsax wrote:

the first thing that popped into my head was "wheelchair fetish".

She can't run away. :winky:

DarkPrimus on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That part in USM with MJ looking in the mirror freaked the shit out of me.

Sars_Boy on
    edited February 2007
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Fencingsax wrote:
    robosagogo wrote:

It has come full circle.

Babs.

Cassandra.

Bloods End on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

we're talking about jerking off to captain marvel?

Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Garlic Bread on
    edited February 2007
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

GODDAMN IT

You idiots. It was lighting the fucking Batsignal. Now we're going to have to wade through 5 pages of Captain Marvel Cocks.

Bloods End on
    edited February 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

You are a dumb.

NOPE! X23 is the only one whose only reason is that. Hell, she was introduced as some emo jail bait, wake up

Algertman on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods End wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    Algertman wrote:
    wwtMask wrote:
    Algertman wrote:

GODDAMN IT

You idiots. It was lighting the fucking Batsignal. Now we're going to have to wade through 5 pages of Captain Marvel Cocks.

Which ironically is just two or three posted images.

Marathon on
This discussion has been closed.