As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mountains made of steam (nsfw update)

GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Artist's Corner
Been having trouble getting my workflow stable recently. I was hit by a car on my bike at work, which pretty much sapped my energy. But that was only after I split with my girl of 4 years. Stuff like this, piled on top of eachother, is absolutely draining. I'm pretty sure its what makes us age.

Anyways, some stuff I have pics of, and that painting from forever ago I finished up.

2-5.jpg

1-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

closeup
31.jpg

help me get rolling again folks, send me on some missions

Greatnation on

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Good fucking god, nation. Are you injured (including psychologically)? If you haven't spent a bit of time recuperating, you should probably do that first, homes. I say do some relaxing art for a bit, and experiment.

I don't really know what to tell you about the paintings, though I do like the second one.

Tam on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Damn man, i hope you're feeling better after all that.

(great reference by the way[I'm assuming that the title is only from a Silver Mt. Zion and i'm totally not missing some other reference]

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've been going the proccesses for awhile now and things are just started to get back to normalish. And yeah, thats the right reference :)

Greatnation on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nation we are here for you ( for rebound sex )
    Also your stuff is super wicked and you should give yourself a high - 5 for being awesome

RubberAC on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Love that last piece.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    help me get rolling again folks, send me on some missions

Finish your secret santa from last year :rotate:

bombardier on
  • Options
    FabricateFabricate __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    The stuff in the OP is good. I really like the last one as well, and I hope you get better soon.

And I can only assume that the thread title is an A Silver Mt. Zion reference and I love you forever.

Fabricate on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the words folks. Lol secret santa.... yeah.... uh....

Greatnation on
  • Options
    ShiboeShiboe Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sorry to hear the bad stuffs, life is challenge so don't give up. These are alright, but they feel really unfocused to me, I think they need more direction if that makes sense. As for missions how bout this: Find the one thing in life that makes you happiest, and paint the shit out of it on some huge canvas! Like really, put everything into it, see what you can do. I think I'm gonna make that my mission too. ;D

Shiboe on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    knite.jpg

So looks like i have to take the guy that hit me to court if i want to see a dime for my bike. I'm calling his bluff and doing it anyways because I know that I'll win. Fuck you William Lapoint. Fuck you good.

Greatnation on
  • Options
    MykonosMykonos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    damn bro, sounds like you've had it rough. I can feel you though life can suck, and its turned me into a walking pharmecutical cabinet. Glad to see your getting back into the game though, and better than ever from what I'm seeing so far. Look on the bright side, tons of big artist went through some fucked up shit in one shape or another- for some reason its almost like some kind of catalyst for creativity or somethin. Dunno...something I read.

Ne ways keep up the good work. gl with the rest

Mykonos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I was born; six gun in my hand; behind the gun; I make my final stand"~Bad Company
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That knight looks bad ass! Please please finish! haha

Sublimus on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    These are pretty cool, man. Silver Mt. Zion, eh?

TheBog on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    TheBog wrote: »
    These are pretty cool, man. Silver Mt. Zion, eh?

Agreed agreed agreed.

Any chance we could get a higher quality of that knight because that looks amazing. From what I can tell, I really like the way you have him framed on the canvas, but I'd like to see more, if you know what i mean :)

(also, if you want to check the band out, they go by "Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra and Tra la la Band" these days, but they just lost two members so their name is subject to change again soon....

You can check them out here (song 2 is the one in from the title... and I think it fits the work here perfectly)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    lady.jpg

Greatnation on