As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Victorix or Khoo] More D&D Duel Spaces Pls

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited March 2005 in PAX Archive
Hey... I know this is kind of a lark.....

But is it possible to open up more spaces in the D&D duel tournment? as most of our group wasn't able to register till the 15th and by then all the spces were full... and that was like... the only tournment I was planning on being in...

it's just an idea... and i'm sure alot of people would apreciate it. I know I would...

Thanks

SmallLady

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2005
    Same here.

Red Machine D on
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Please look at this post!!!

Thanks

SmallLady

:D

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited March 2005
    I really don't know a whole lot about D&D Duel, but let me get Victorix in here to see if we can get day-of registrations or something.

-robert

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2005
    Ditto. This was the main reason I want to come and now its kinda pointless. The only other reason was the BF/DC tournament but I don't even have a team so whats the point of coming? There gonna be no drop in BF random team tournament? Should I bring my PC if all I plan on playing is BF? I am conf00sed. I wish I could play D&D then I wouldn't have to find some excuse to come, cause I would have a real reason to come.

EDIT: Also, you have warhammer 40k tourny, Mechwarrior Tourney, But no D&D miniatures tourney?! I have over 500 of the damn things, I can't play D&D (cause its full) and there's not even a tourney happening for D&D minis, and games of minis only take 30 mins! I love penny arcade but I would have thought you guys would have included minis in the tourney line up.

Unknown User on
  • victorixvictorix Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Okay, let's handle the issues one by one.

First, sorry I haven't been trolling the forums lately -- that terrible curse known as real life has been interfering. ::grins::

Second, more slots for D&D Duels. It will please you all to know that I have written in a second Fighter Division, which happens on Saturday from 10am-noon. This one has a 36-person limit. And because I'm so darn nice, if you have already preregistered for PAX you may PM me with your name (and the names of your crew, should they also be prereg'ed but not cool enough to be on the forums) and I will add them to the list. This is because the system we're using for preregistration doesn't allow us to add more stuff to it. ::sigh::

NOTE: This offer is ONLY good until March 31rst, when early-bird prereg stops. After that, you'll be able to sign up for events on the day before, or day-of, if the event happens later in the day. So don't PM me asking to be put on the list after the 31rst!

The original Fighter Division, which was Saturday 4-6pm -- henceforth to be known as Fighter Division B -- is staying at 24 slots. However, I am extending the Spellcaster and Open Divisions to 36 slots (that's an extra 12 slots, if you're counting). And the same deal goes for these -- if you're already a PAX preregistrant, you may PM me until the 31rst to get your name on one of those lists.

Third, @Olorin: We have a limited amount of space and time within which to schedule tourneys. I make my decisions on what to run based on the popularity of events in previous years (and at other cons I've done), as well as what people are asking for. For example, last year there was no Magic tourney, and lots of people wanted one, so this year there are two! I am also limited by what games I or my hand-picked crew of judges personally have experience with. If enough people say to me this year "Hey, why no D&D Minis?" then next year I will make an effort to include an official event. In the meantime, I urge you to bring your minis and organize your own event with your friends (and any new friends you meet) in the Tabletop Free Play Room!

Hopefully everyone is happy with my efforts! I didn't honestly think the Duels would be so popular, so I'm very excited! I look forward to seeing you all at PAX!

--Rae

victorix on
    "It seems I came to leave..."
    edited March 2005
    Thanks so much that was a perfect post reply post!!! I think the Blizzard CSR's on the WoW forums could take a lesson from you!!! hehe, thanks a billion I am pre-regin' today and will PM you later hoping to get into a slot.

I will definetly bring my minis!!! Thanks again!

Unknown User on
    edited March 2005
    I'm just bumping this up, in case there are any more people who would like to register!

--Rae

victorix on
    edited March 2005
    I only have the opportunity to really play D&D about once a year, so I'm steering clear of the duels. However, I'd really love to play the Open Session. It's totally booked already, though!

None of the people I'm coming up with are qualified to be GMs, so this sounds pretty sweet. Any chance of getting more Open Sessions? Should I just lurk and wait for someone to leave? Or will there be enough non-organized D&Ding going on aside from that that I can probably jump into? (PAX virgin here.)

Seriously-- if I can't get into this, I'll be forced to play even more MtG, and no one wants that.

Unknown User on
  • LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2005
    stiill wrote:
    I only have the opportunity to really play D&D about once a year, so I'm steering clear of the duels. However, I'd really love to play the Open Session. It's totally booked already, though!

None of the people I'm coming up with are qualified to be GMs, so this sounds pretty sweet. Any chance of getting more Open Sessions? Should I just lurk and wait for someone to leave? Or will there be enough non-organized D&Ding going on aside from that that I can probably jump into? (PAX virgin here.)

Seriously-- if I can't get into this, I'll be forced to play even more MtG, and no one wants that.

If you have some free time during PAX, you can always go to Dragonflight, which is a local RPG con that's taking place at the same time. I think they're running Living Greyhawk games and a few other living campaigns.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
    edited March 2005
    @stiill:

There will most likely be more Open Sessions (I'm still playing around with my volunteer numbers as well as my available space), but they will be sign up onsite only! Please come by the Tabletop Gaming Rooms on Friday or Saturday and check with either me or one of my minions for signups! Thanks so much for your interest, and I hope to be able to accomodate you!

---Rae

victorix on
  • Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    Check out the new D&D poll. There's more space available--in the Meydenbauer Basement. Is this an acceptable option?

-Mike

Mike Fehlauer on
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2005
    There's more space available--in the Meydenbauer Basement. Is this an acceptable option?

You mean, like...in the parking garage? :lol:

Edit: Wait a tick.....that is what you're suggesting! Well, whatever works.

QuizMaster on