As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Dailyshow/Colbert Report: "Where Roe V Wade is two ways to get across a river."

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ...What the fuck was up with that brain-eater guy? I know they took it out of context, but what kind of context would have a place to fit "I took out his brain and bit-off part of it"?

Hexmage-PA on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    ...What the fuck was up with that brain-eater guy? I know they took it out of context, but what kind of context would have a place to fit "I took out his brain and bit-off part of it"?

Maybe he's a really big fan of Heroes.
    heroes_l.jpg

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Neil deGrasse Tyson w00t!

Shadowen on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love that guy. I've been seriously considering buying his books solely based on his Colbert appearances. And I will, once I have a bit more time on my hands.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Shadowen wrote: »
    Neil deGrasse Tyson w00t!

Best interview in a while. :D

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm disappointed that he didn't discuss death by black hole :-(

edit: hold on a minute...about the end of the Colbert report. Does this mean Colbert is now a knight?

DanHibiki on
  • oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So Colbert's word tonight... awesome!

EDIT: And the chicken wing bit was funny as well...

oldmanken on
  • Armored GorillaArmored Gorilla Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Neil deGrasse Tyson stayed at the Daily Show the other day after his interview until he FINISHED a Rubik's Cube.

OH my god.

Armored Gorilla on
    "I'm a mad god. The Mad God, actually. It's a family title. Gets passed down from me to myself every few thousand years."
  • JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Neil deGrasse Tyson stayed at the Daily Show the other day after his interview until he FINISHED a Rubik's Cube.

OH my god.

That interview was really good. The part about him receiving hate mail from children was hilarious.

JoJoHoraHora on
    steam_sig.png
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    Last night's show was pretty good.

"When will they turn against us?"

Bogart on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bogart wrote: »

I think that guy had a little bit of a man-crush on Jon.

Not that I blame him - so dreamy.

Bama on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bama wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

I think that guy had a little bit of a man-crush on Jon.

Not that I blame him - so dreamy.

That was my impression as well.

To be fair, that would probably be my reaction too. It was a great interview either way, though I'm not sure it topped the previous night's interview and follow up. Having a Rubik's "Neil deGrasse Tyson signal" seems like a useful thing to have on hand.

The General Greivous reference during the check-in was awesome, less so because Ep 1 - 3 didn't happen, more so because those little references still make me laugh.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2009
    I forgot Stewart was in The Faculty until the robotics guy mentioned it.
    He gets stabbed in the eye with a biro: how could I have forgotten that?

Bogart on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Not only did I forget that he was in it, I forgot I even saw the damn thing.

Bama on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

OH my god.

That interview was really good. The part about him receiving hate mail from children was hilarious.

Easily my favorite TDS interview in quite a while. And the follow-up was amazing.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The time when he had Josh Hartnett on the show was great.

"From movies such as Black Hawk Down and... The Faculty..."

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The chickenwing interview was pretty great.

"OPECKPECK"

"Strategic Chicken Wing Reserve"

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I never thought a robotics or astrophysicist guy would be hilarious. Both were amazing.

never die on
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    SanderJK wrote: »

"OPECKPECK"

That chicken wing interview was easily the best interview I've seen in ages, I was laughing out loud when you saw Steven realizing the guy was saying there was a strategic chicken reserve!

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    tbloxham wrote: »

"OPECKPECK"

That chicken wing interview was easily the best interview I've seen in ages, I was laughing out loud when you saw Steven realizing the guy was saying there was a strategic chicken reserve!

My roommate watched that bit while passing by. She was convinced it couldn't be real.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

"OPECKPECK"

My roommate watched that bit while passing by. She was convinced it couldn't be real.

The interview or the chicken reserve :)

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    m,an the Rubiks cube thing was awesome

nexuscrawler on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I haven't watched either of these in a long time. Luckily, they stream the show! And this gem came up.

bigbamashouse.jpg

Henroid on
    edited January 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    I haven't watched either of these in a long time. Luckily, they stream the show! And this gem came up.

bigbamashouse.jpg

The crowd always laughs the most at the graphics they put the least amount of work into. Jon's acknowledging that in the shot, telling them they need to raise their standards. I loved his reaction.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited January 2009
    The work filter has it blocked, but I assume that's the Big Obama's House part?

I love it when those moments come up, where he's genuinely surprised that something (graphic, joke, whatever) that he/they felt was barely par for the course manages to get the biggest reaction.

Which often makes those moments even funnier.

Forar on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Haha, yeah, a week or two ago they put up a graphic and he says, "We've been here all day working on this and the kill bill gets you?"

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    never die wrote: »
    Man, I never thought a robotics or astrophysicist guy would be hilarious. Both were amazing.

Neil de Grasse Tyson is and always has been awesome. Check out his stuff for PBS or History/TLC.

moniker on
    edited January 2009
    moniker wrote: »

Neil de Grasse Tyson is and always has been awesome. Check out his stuff for PBS or History/TLC.

TLC still has science shows?

I sincerely thought that they'd given up being Discovery Channel's partner in Science in the name of being 24 hours a day of Baby Story, Wedding Story, Flip This House and American Chopper.

Forar on
    edited January 2009
    Maybe it was Discovery then. Both channels are right next to each other for me and I never really pay attention to the watermark. Regardless, he's awesome. Plus the 'de' in his name is like +5 to charisma.

moniker on
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Neil. deGrasse. Tyson.

w00000000t!

The shows the past couple of nights have been great.

Shadowen on
  • EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

"OPECKPECK"

The interview or the chicken reserve :)

The latter due to the former. She initially assumed the whole thing was a "fake news" show, a la The Onion. I don't know if it was because she didn't recognize Colbert or wasn't there long enough to see him.

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • bychancebychance Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Henroid wrote: »

bigbamashouse.jpg

I need to make than an avatar, but I'm afraid the text won't be as fabulous in 100x100.

bychance on
    edited February 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    moniker wrote: »

TLC still has science shows?

I sincerely thought that they'd given up being Discovery Channel's partner in Science in the name of being 24 hours a day of Baby Story, Wedding Story, Flip This House and American Chopper.

The Science Channel has somewhat filled the void of TLC. I still miss their operation shows. How else would you get to see a brain surgeon at work?

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
    edited February 2009
    Trauma: Life and Death in the E.R. is one of my favourites from back in the day. Also, Extreme Machines, when they showed actual badass vehicles, instead of the most recent one I saw, which was about 4-wheeling or some shit.

I can't wait for Colbert to continue the Better Know a Beetle segment.

Forar on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

The Science Channel has somewhat filled the void of TLC. I still miss their operation shows. How else would you get to see a brain surgeon at work?

The science channel is on a tier higher than what I have. :(

@bychance:
    bamatar.gif

MKR on
    edited February 2009
    MKR wrote: »

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. Its basically an extension of Discovery, in that they air a lot of discovery programs and filler. There's way too much "How Its Made." Every now and then they have something cool on like a skyscraper being contructed, but usually its a boring factory. Sometimes you get lucky and they are airing something on space and the Universe.

NailbunnyPD on
    steam_sig-400.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    MKR wrote: »

Don't worry, you aren't missing much. Its basically an extension of Discovery, in that they air a lot of discovery programs and filler. There's way too much "How Its Made." Every now and then they have something cool on like a skyscraper being contructed, but usually its a boring factory. Sometimes you get lucky and they are airing something on space and the Universe.

TSC has a couple shows all in that same vein which I wouldn't be surprised if Discovery proper starts showing them ala what they did with How It's Made - Deconstructed being the most similar.

Jragghen on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Giggle Time Olmo :lol:

Couscous on
    edited February 2009
    He's getting a bit more screed-ish during interviews with 'serious' people. It's not just that I don't really care about his idea, but I was actually rather interested in what this guy had to say about his book on what Presidents tend to pick up on by the end.

moniker on
  • TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You heard it first on the Colbert Report. Stephen Harper is the world's first lesbian prime minister.

TubularLuggage on
This discussion has been closed.